NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 7 Empty Re: GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:36 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Fair enough mate, figured that was probably the case. Was really just nitpicking, Staggs to Manu is an upgrade, look like solid trades.

Cheers for the comments, broncos no longer my besties, let’s go roosters

I was shopping staggs to talakai in an all time sideways move if manu didn’t pop up in the 6 jumper
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 7 Empty Re: GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:38 pm

I'm glad Hynes went well for you bro, definitely the boost your team needed. I feel like getting those two Roosters on the cheap and hoping they go on a tear in the next few weeks is as good a strategy as any. Host doesn't inspire me either so I'm on your side there lol. Lock them in!
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:50 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:I'm glad Hynes went well for you bro, definitely the boost your team needed. I feel like getting those two Roosters on the cheap and hoping they go on a tear in the next few weeks is as good a strategy as any. Host doesn't inspire me either so I'm on your side there lol. Lock them in!

Huge upside in those guys!

Fingers crossed they run in some points
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:17 pm

Round 8 874 Points rd rank 5444

Overall Rank 11842 Prev 14957

Two consequetive improvements from my lowest ebb, so that extremely pleasing,

Trades in worked very well, Manu smashed it, teddy returned to form and Crossland did exactly what I expected, a poor week from the WFB let me down in terms of big scores, but I was overall happy

Full review

Boyd 74 second week of relying on tannah as my only hooker and second week he's killed it for me, he outscored all the gun hookers apart from Grant and played excellently, I'm planning on getting robson for the bye rounds but I feel he has a little more money to lose, so I wont be making that more this week, I'll also be holding tannah anyway as I expect him to continue to score and lay well, (no 70 every week)

Carrigan 64 last week I said he gets a reprieve as broncos had some tough games coming up, and when the goinggets tough patty shines, his running was a lot more direct, which opened up his offloading game, once he had two in the first 20mins, I figured a good score would come as his base was bound to be high against a decent parra team, holding him til origin i think

Ford 40 8 missed tackles robbed him of a decent score, I say robbed, he was running around like a mad man getting into tackles, throwing his body at storm players, Ive no qualms about keeping hold of him though, the injury toll means his job is secure, and hes busy enough that he will continue to get ok scores, DPP is useful aswell

mcinnes 49 consistency from mcinnes, almost identical stats as the week before, unfortunatley dales absence hasnt increased his output significantly, but hes reliable, and I'll take it for now, interesting to see what happens when finuancine is back

Wilton 38 lowest score of the year for teig, he was slightly down on his runs and tackles, this is probably the floor for him though which is good in one sense, but i'm not sure if I am over estimating what his ceiling is, one stat i find notable about teig is he avearges 4 missed tackles a game, i watch him clsely and its often that he closes off attacks by rushing in and hitting, rather than tackling and forcing people inside which contributes to it, the sharks have a nice draw where they will pile on points in the next few so i hope he can get on the end of short ball soon rather than being the perenial dummy run

hosking 43 only played 60 mins!! very annoying, he scored well for that, i hope that isnt what we can expect, hes named again and playing against the tigers so I'll hold him, however I have made some cash and am happy to use it elsewhere if needs be

SJ 51 firstly he olayed excellently, his kicking game was exquisite, will take this score, the warriors were so down on troops and dudded by the ref I don't think he had much chance to be excellent

hynes 144 (c) effortless scoring from nicho, my favourite player in fantasy and real life probably, was brilliant again, and I expect more of the same this week, would hate to not own him and watch him, he made money again this week, which i do find bizarre too

Alamoti 22 thank god he offloaded a few times, saved his score, he was getting seriously outpaced by his opposition, and I don't really want him in my side, the only options for Centre I like are upgrades rather than down grades so Id have to really be convinced its the end of the road for alamoti, i still dont even have ctr cover after keeping HSS all these weeks, bird is so pricey but very consistent, have half an eye on talakai as a POD play, and obviously i could just hold him, decisions to be made, I know I will feel alot better with a different centre in there and his price has peaked, probably it for him

Manu 70 i dont know if he is a great number 6 for an overall game plan for roosters, but it suits him as a fantasy scorer, he plays unstructured and doesnt pass, but he has the ability to tb and offload, and scoretries and that equals points, as soon as he was named there i jumped on him and I expected something like this scorewise

Miller 34 considering how badly he played 34 wasnt too bad, i dislike the knights shoehorning in so many playmakers, it was disjointed, and they could have won that match with more structure, it looks like they are running that again this week, hopefully they either play better or its the last week he runs this experiment, either way hope miller bounces back, if he playes better he jags an ok score so no panic

Walsh 28 the told you so's came didnt they!! hahah no panic here, the ball didnt find him much, was disappointing, but i expect this to be an aberration, a big test against the rabbits this week at suncorp. In my opinion mam being out might help walsh for a few reasons, I expect him to line up at first receiver/in the 6 spot on occasion, mam likes a dummy and run whereas madden will feed walsh more, and walsh always strikes me as a big game player, friday night at suncorp vs a Gun team full of nsw players strikes me as his moment to step up, i dont think he shys away

turbo 29 this trade has not worked out at all well, guy is injured plain and simple, manlys desperation to play him is foolhardy, im trading him this week thats all

Interchange

Crossland 38 69 mins at hooker, 44 tackles, thats the headline, thats what i expected, thats what I wanted, he made 35k, he has a breakeven of 13 for this week, same again mate, and for what its worth i think he played excellent

Tedesco 56 biggest score of the season, a try 200+ metres and 7 tackle breaks, I timed this trade perfectly, he lost 3k on the week, but i expect more of the same from him in the coming weeks and more points and price rises up til origin

Preston 53 Solid stuff from jacob again, uninspiring team bulldogs, so I want to get rid of as many of there players as I can, perham went last week, alamoti this week, but jacob will stick about whiles hes getting 50's

NIkorima 41 was very worried about my last bench spot this week, got to have a look at niko's score before decidinhg whether to loop in warbrick or couchman, thankfully i got to see him play well and score well, so no brainer to take his 41, pleasing

emergency

couchman 28 he got his minutes which was awesome, im not in love with holding him but, hopefully he builds into a solid player for dragons,

warbrick 27 held him to eek out a little more money which he failed to do, but if i had sold last week and he went gangbusters i'd have felt foolish, think its good bye this week

HSS DNP when will i get rid of him for centre cover? probably when there is a centre base price guy id have thought

So overall another step in the right direction, a few weeks back all my wfb scored 50+ now only one made it over 30! thats what held me back

I have started looking at the bye rounds and want to plan for them so trades will mainly be focussing on increasing numbers for that,

Lane is almost certainly coming in this week, and then after that I would like to get a centre, I'm pretty open to who or what I trade out

currently have 102k in the bank

turbo - 551k
    warbrick 390k

gives me 1.043 million to spend

if i trade out alamoti i have 1.458 to spend but will need a centre

team before trades

boyd
    mcinnes carrigan tapine
    wilton hosking
    Sj Hynes (c)
    Alamoti, Manu
    Miller, tedesco, Walsh

crossland, preston, ford, nikorima
    couchman, turbo (trade out) warbrick (trade out) HSS (red dot)

feedback, criticism, trade suggestions all welcomed.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:41 pm

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 7 Giphy
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:39 pm

You might have a point he’s hard to ignore
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:05 pm

You got Manu last week and I got Bird. Pity we both couldn't get both lol. I think I'm going to rectify my error this week and I think Bird is indeed the word, for you
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:23 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:You got Manu last week and I got Bird. Pity we both couldn't get both lol.  I think I'm going to rectify my error this week and I think Bird is indeed the word, for you

birds avaliability from now onwards, ie rd 13 probably makes him the one, he scores well even when dragons arent on it, that crab run is a points spinner,

you make sense,

thank you both for feed back

locking in trades
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:28 pm

trades subject to change and team for rd 9

Turbo, Warbrick and Alamoti out
    Bird, Curran and Oloapu in

Turbo disgusted me in the ast few weeks, I have decent wfb withiut him
    Warbrick has made a little money and is on bye
    Alamoti ive had enough of dogs players not named preston,

Bird - no brainer,consistent high scores, 80 mins on edge, fantasy style, everyone else owns him and hes been killing me

Curran - cheap for what he is, the warriors have lost harris, tevaga, and barnett from the pack, he has played over 50 mins 3 times this year and averages 49 points, I'd expect to see big mins in the next few weeks

Olaopu - cash down, if he plays great, hopefully he will perform adequately, if he sits in DNP, i will address it later
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:30 pm

Line up for rd 9

Boyd
    Carrigan, Tapine, Mcinnes
    Wilton, Hosking
    Sj, Hynes
    Bird, Manu
    Walsh, Miller, Tedesco

Int
    Crossland, Curran, Preston, Ford

Emerg
    Nikorima, Couchman, Oloapu, HSS (Red dot)
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:05 pm

Not a fan of the will only play 6 guy. 9 rounds into a 27 rd season picking a guy who’s not named seems fraught with danger especially if your plan is to just deal with it later. Personally I’m not in a rush with Alamoti and think rushing in what could be a permanent red dot is way too risky
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:12 pm

Krump wrote:Not a fan of the will only play 6 guy. 9 rounds into a 27 rd season picking a guy who’s not named seems fraught with danger especially if your plan is to just deal with it later. Personally I’m not in a rush with Alamoti and think rushing in what could be a permanent red dot is way too risky

i need someone bargain basement to facilitate the other trades,

do you think Josh Reynolds is a better trade in as hes named? I believe he will either drop out or be exposed,

one thing for sure Oloapu was bought for 500k from broncos, and flanagan is done,
    so its a shoot out between reynolds and oloapu.

Alamoti ive had enough of, eye test and fantasy wise for me.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:06 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

i need someone bargain basement to facilitate the other trades,

do you think Josh Reynolds is a better trade in as hes named? I believe he will either drop out or be exposed,

one thing for sure Oloapu was bought for 500k from broncos, and flanagan is done,
    so its a shoot out between reynolds and oloapu.

Alamoti ive had enough of, eye test and fantasy wise for me.

I'd prefer Bula + Drinkwater/Sipley than Curran + Red dot. Agree that it's too early to be trading in someone who's not named. I'm not sure Curran is a slam-dunk pick anyway with Barnett due back in a couple of rounds.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:38 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

I'd prefer Bula + Drinkwater/Sipley than Curran + Red dot. Agree that it's too early to be trading in someone who's not named. I'm not sure Curran is a slam-dunk pick anyway with Barnett due back in a couple of rounds.

I’m weirdly excited about Curran, I don’t know why!

Thanks for the input though, I appreciate differing perspective
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:50 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

I’m weirdly excited about Curran, I don’t know why!

Thanks for the input though, I appreciate differing perspective

Fair enough mate, not a bad buy by any means. If he scores anything like his historical average at lock and keeps the role we'll all be getting him soon.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue May 02, 2023 5:18 pm

Round 9 Review Score 910 Rd rank 6290

Overal Rank 8649 Prev11842

Solid round for me anchored by an excellent score by one Nicho Hynes, made an inexplicable mistake of not actually doing my loop, after having seen crosslands score i was set to swap Nikorima into the scoring interchange, but ended up going on the lash and not recovering in time, (cost of net 21 points) if my rank was more relevant I'd be a lot more annoyed and I'm sure 20 points actually would shoot me a few hundred up the ranks, but is what it is

Trades were good, in that the players I yeated alamoti continues to unimpressive, turbo was a late withdrawal (no shock here) and warbrick was on the bye, the players I brought in bird, lowest score in a while, curran good role but unimpressive scoring and bright spot being oloapu who scored 26 in his limited time on the park, bird and curran I expect to be the low end of their scores,

Full review below

Boyd 56 3 weeks at hooker for this side scoring 47,74,56, that is great, he's currently top for the last 3 averages, so this experiment is working ok, thought titans have been playing well and looking like a decent side (despite the second half vs dolphins, their first half was excellent) so happy to let this run until I need a hooker for 13,

Carrigan 56 A good score from patty in a game were the broncos were poor, that said is 56 in 80minutes good? Still I'll take it, they have manly at suncorp this week so hopefully he doesnt revert back to his lower scores which he gets from time to time in the easier matches, the two games after that are melbourne in melbourne then Penrith at suncorp, so my plan is to hold him until then and hope I can trade him to hopgood, who will be a useful dual who plays 13, 16 and 19

Tapine 47 a couple weeks back when he was on the bye rd, I was gonna let him go and get in fifita, hes definitely not what I thought he was going to be this year, and is an expensive 49 minute prop, with a decent PPM. We are so close to the bye rounds that is it worth selling him? his breakeven is 72 so I expect him to continue losing money and making him a good buy for people around the byes, If anyone has good advice on taps that would be great, I think I might just have to hold him, as ive gone past the point of no return

Mcinnes 41 this 3 week experiment seems to have come to an end as a damp squib, 50,49,41, no extensions of minutes, no compelling reason for sharks to start him, no huge scores, could be trade this week, i must say I think hes a great player in real life, and this gamble had good potential upside, just didnt come to fruition

Wilton 67 my favourite dummy runner finally got a short ball in the 73rd minute, broke a tackle and got himself a meaty! another great game in real life from wilton and a good score, his avearge for the year is 50, 36 tackles per game and 132 metres avearge, amazingly this was the first game he didnt get a single missed tackle, I expect the brilliant cronulla attack to score well vs dolphins, manly and newcastle in the next 3 rounds so hopefully wilton snags some more attacking stats and gets on the end of their plays. keep going mate

Hosking 49 tough day for the panthers, an interesting score for hosking, pleased he got back to 80 minutes played, less pleased with only 45 run metres, way down on his average, high tackle count though, but also season high missed tackles, his break even is now 63, should I take the money and run, we know he can get that breakeven, hes also up against everyone favourite miss tackler jackson ford this week, lots to ponder with hosking

SJ 54 the HLF scores 54 and they dont have any attacking points, kinda gotta be pleased with that, his average is regressing a bit and he's likely to lose some cash, but I want to keep him during origin, so I will keep him

Hynes 190 (c) not much to say about Nicho, averaging 81 so far this year, with a low of 69, he's GUN, he does everything, he plays the most prominent role in the best attacking team, hes all class and he plays the game in slow motion, the try he scored must have hurt a few people with its ridiculous giftiness of it. Dolphins, Manly, Newcastle in the next 3, more points in the offing, If I had cleary I'd trade up to Nicho, keep going brother

BIrd 40 season low when playing 80, so yeah me trading him in broke him!, less tackles and runmetres than usual and he seemed intent on getting involved in grub rather than doing his job, no drama though, brought him in to keep so just hope this one is an abberation

Manu 64 the five eight experiment and the transfer in continues to pay dividendes, tb, offloads, run metres and great defence, (26 and 29 tackles respectively) solid two weeks work from joseph. stay in that position please

MIller 40 decent score in a team that got smashed, season high tackle count, cos it looked like between Mann and Ponga, the first line defence refused to help! Still planning on holding miller fro 13 and 16, be interesting to monitor what happens with Ponga and the knights though

Walsh 23 my prediction of him stepping up could not have been more wrong, broncos were outmuscled and out played comprehensively, big BE this week so he needs a return to form, thankfully manly in suncorp should be right up his street, I'm confused as to what happens with QLD and walsh, and fantasy and walsh, I guess all WFB have low games especially when their team gets beaten so badly

Tedesco 41 do you hold your nerve? is the big game from teddy coming? will it be at magic round? awful conditions in NZ and to that end 42 is a pretty ok score, a 56 and 42 since I traded him in, this week will go a long way to determining if this was a succesful punt or not, I saw promising signs, so fingers crossed

Interchange

Ford 45 43 tackles and 108 running metres, 4 tackle breaks, one offload, all excellent, however this is the second week in a row he has 8 missed tackles!!! thats killing his score, and his money accumlulation. One thing to say is he never stops working in both attack and defence, he was close to going over in most of the games ive watched. His dual and rd 13 makes him iuseful as, so I am just gonna continue watching him with one eye closed!

Curran 42 drab game from the warriors, 70 mins and 41 tackles was great, just a lack of run metres, TB and anything attacking for bothe the warriors and curran, not seen TLT yet but hope hes named and continues to play, the conditions made the game difficult, funnily he made 0 money last week, but also lost 0 money!

Preston 33 season low for preston, apart from rd1 where he was interchange, the HIA stopped him getting into the 40's, bulldogs looked a little better in general with burton being on the ball more and mahoney playing well. Still not in love with their prospects, he's on my list of possible sells, as I can move him straight to Horsbruh, who seems to have a little more upside and plays 13, I do think of these guys as stocks and shares sometimes and preston with his breakeven is slightly regressing and hors looks like it can go STONKS, one thing holding me back is I like the run of games for dogs until 13,

Crossland 22 this was infuriating that he was dropped to the bench, AOB is screwing himslef by playing hastings, miller, ponga, mann, crossland, gamble, in random minutes and roles, there are a few too many, so simplify it, the 22 shouldnt have matter if i had done my switch as planned, (damn you alcohol) oh well

Emergency

Nikorima 43 good score, good link up with lemelemu, good but late cash gen, keep it up

Couchman 23 not really enthused by him or his prospects to be around in 13, could be time to go

OLoapu 26 looked good in limited minutes, hope he develops into the FT 6,

HSS DNP

I will definitely be making one trade this week and that is HSS out for BULA, which is similar price and need the WFB cover with miller on buy

whilst writing this TLT has come out which see's Curran, Mcinnes and Couchman dropped from their perspective starting line ups or interchange, not ideal!

There is a lot to think about, I do want Horsbruh, and fancy hopgood for bye rounds,

will have a look at TLT in more depth and come back to this

Thank you for reading all

Team before trades

Boyd
    Carrigan Tapine Mcinnes
    Wilton, Hosking
    SJ, Hynes
    Bird, Manu
    Walsh Tedesco (Miller)

Ford, Curran, Preston, (Crossland)
    Nikorima, Couchman, Oloapu, (HSS)*

*traded to Bula

Daedalus
    Daedalus

Post by Daedalus Tue May 02, 2023 5:37 pm

Always love these write ups, great work! Nothing valuable to add from me in the way of trade advice.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue May 02, 2023 5:39 pm

Daedalus wrote:Always love these write ups, great work! Nothing valuable to add from me in the way of trade advice.

tbf, this sort of comment is just as valuable, appreciate it bro!
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

i feel like Tohu is going to be a late out, but unfortunately I will need to know ahead of time as I am planning on bringing in Horsbruh who plays the first game. Affects Curran

very confusing and annoying TLT

Mcinnes is probably my other trade out as I want him as a big min lock, not an interchange player.

So in theory I am looking at

HSS - Bula
    Mcinnes - Horsbruh
    Curran - Tatola

Gives me two rd 13 mids, tatola is way underpriced due to his HIA and injury games, obviously he is a risk of not completing matches, but he will be handy in rd 13.

Tatola could be anyone under 484k, but i am burning trades like its not funny so it makes sense to get someone for 13.

These trades appear quite sideways, and arguably are, but gambling on mcinnes and curran getting decent roles needs to be addressed,

nothing set in stone yet

anyone reading who has leftfield suggestions please shout
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Tue May 02, 2023 11:05 pm

Love the write up as usual mate

Left field take is play Bula in your 13 for a while, trade miller and use his cash to help strengthen your team elsewhere.
    Horsburgh still comes in but it might expand your choices on that third player
    Also means you could keep one of Mcinnes/Curran this week and trade Tatola next week to check he is back fully fit and another week to look at him?

I like Miller but what have you got to lose playing Bula over him especially with the bye this week?
    Also opens up another spot for you to grab another cheapie, in turn putting your cash into the scoring 17

Could even gamble on Niko straight up in the 17 and see what Miller+Mcinnes+Curran gets you, maybe a keeper upgrade perhaps?

Just something a bit different

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:17 pm