NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 3 Empty Re: GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

Post by Snatchpato Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:57 pm

Good write up.

Would love to get Reynolds in as well, but have Cleary and the D for now so that'll be good enough (though Cleary is on thin ice).

Can you go Hastings + Hogson to Reynolds and a cow?
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 3 Empty Re: GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:57 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Good write up.

Would love to get Reynolds in as well, but have Cleary and the D for now so that'll be good enough (though Cleary is on thin ice).

Can you go Hastings + Hogson to Reynolds and a cow?

If I do the trade that way I only have about 430k for a replacement hooker, which gives me dogshit options

Cleary I’d prefer to keep but he’s an asset I can trade down to use money elsewhere

Over the next 5 weeks I see Reynolds and koro out scoring cleary and Hodgson

Jackson’s time will come to be upgraded
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:02 pm

I'm all for those trades. I feel like with Reynolds you're going to be riding the same Broncos wave that people are hoping for with Walsh. Koro has been at or near the top tier of hookers for a while, so you'd assume he can get back there. Maybe just needs longer with the team?

Boyd is a curly one. The DPP is useful as you mention, so just gotta hope he comes good I guess. Bonus points to you for already having Preston. Staggs I guess you stick with for now until either he gets into gear, or you find a viable alternative.
    We had almost the exact same results last week. Crazy. I ended up about 31k rank also lol it's gotta turn around soon right? It's not like you've made the wrong decisions, just gotta get lucky.

Good luck for this round, your AC thread is my favourite to read each week, same as last year, so keep it up!
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:05 pm

Cheers Stu appreciate the comments,

I’m stuck with staggs for at least the next 5 rounds, the broncos draw is just too appealing

Going big on broncos, hope they don’t let me down

Have the skeleton of a good team, just need to sort out a couple of weak links!!

I intend to keep writing this every week and your comments and support encourage me
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:23 pm

Round 3 review

Score 927, Overall Rank 3658 (huge uptick being marooned at 31355 after round 2)

Trades were Hodgson and Cleary out, Reynolds and Korosiau in, Think I'll give myself a pass on these, Hodgson actualy scored and played well but I much preferred watching Korosiau, think he played exceptionally well in a well beaten side, and reynolds did exactly waht you pay for, more below

Korosiau 50 points for Api, 44 tackles was great work rate, got 125 running metres and was often left starnded when he made a break, had plenty of demerits for 6 missed tackles and got pinged for penalties twice, but I think he really tried out there which lead to his missed tackles, wests still arent playing to their maximum, but they have a huge middle rotation which once its synced with api will be devastating, was impressed, happy to hold him for a while

Utoikamanu 57 great score in only 45 mins for stefano, I must admit after week 1 I was not keen on him but hes impressed me back to back now, 40 tackles is a hell of an effort, including two turnover tackles which was very good, i put him in the starting 13 only as carrigan had an injury cloud, keep making me money and getting these scores big fella, and hopefully cobine with api for another meaty soon

Tapine 56 in only 46 mins, ricky please play him more! almost as identical stats as last week in terms of runs and tackles but no offloads, guy is a PPM king, I will hold him until he gives me reason not to, he males watching raiders more tolerable, cos they are one of my least favoured teams! (apologies to those that offends)

Murray 63 he looks permenantly exhausted, but he puts it in, last season i hated watch him making breaks, smashing blokes and getting his hands on the ball, this year I just watch and hope he doesnt get crocked with his blood and thunder efforts, enjoying him, keep it up mate

Hopgood 70 (c) he came crashing down, only 55 mins and they were pretty ineffective too! I think the sea eagles were wary of his offloading, keeping him to just one, less mins meant less tackles and lessrun metres, I guess his role and minutes isnt normalised yet, and it was actually poor from arthur to play him so long in those first matches, no panic tho, i have a feeling he will bounce back against penrith next week! (his old employers)

Wilton 56 this guy might be my favourite player in my squad at the moment, his work rate is phenomenal, I just love having players that give it their all in fantasy, he did not stop running that hard line off moylans shoulder, id love to know how many runs he had, alos add in 41 tackles, with a little more subtlety he could have scored a try and I'm sure on is coming, finally trindalls form, and hynes returns might squeeze wade graham off the bench, so it could be good improve his job security even when suspension ends for graham

Hastings 38 could be his final game, at his price I want more points, more action, more of everything, Sean johnson looms large as a replacement, i think its an area I could definitely improve, it doesnt help newcatle are so down on numbers and not up to much, the less players of bad teams I have the better

Reynolds 70 great work adam, I looked through a lot of his stats before choosing him and what stood out for me is you can hand your hat on him, he is joe consistency, i really expect broncos to punish teams and put on big scores so every goal kick just keeps him ticking over, saw someone online saying he has the best kicking game in the league and its hard to argue, put on a masterclass at the weekend, he needs to keep it up because I am not planning on getting cleary, but mid term I want hynes, so adam your mission should you chosose to accept is to best cleary each week! (tall order)

Alamoti 50 without a try, this is some centre score, 190 run metres two weeks in a row, lkong may that continue, put two tries on for fox nicely, all round impressive centre display, wont expect this score every week, but for 230k at the start of the eason he looks the best of the cashy backs

Staggs 66 he actually broke his BE! wowee what a redeemer from kotoni, he did everything you want from him, 153 metres, 2 tries, try assit and 5 tackle breaks, but most importantly eye test, he was hungry! they attacked well on the right and he looked dangerous, his scores will probably continue to fluctuate high and low, but this gives me and hopefully him confidence, and i know Ive been going on about it, the draw is friendly for broncos to towell up a few more teams in the next month, lets see more of the same kotoni

Miller 63 great score from miller, more of the same from him, I think its a saying blocker alwatys says on comms but its so apt "He won't die wondering, this bloke" that 2nd try encapsulated everything about him, he is a goer, his pace, desire and skill got him on the end of that offload, he will continue to be inventive and run hard, well done miller, don't expect this score every week, but I know he will try his guts out and be involved/around the steeden

Walsh 51 another excellent game from reece, during that first half the broncos played absolutely terribly, they didnt man up and they set up no shape to get their attack going, was frustrating wtaching, however it was absolutely vindicating seeing them put on points in the second half, walsh will crave people up, with his speed and desire, the guy wants to be involved in every attack, did you doubt he would beat the fullback when he was put through, did you doubt the lost ball would fall into his hands 5 yards from the line, i didnt, not for a second, there are plenty of reasons, to detract from him, but he is a bonafied superstar of the game, he will run riot this year, and i believe the broncs can be minor premiers, thats how highly i rate them, expect more of the same, i very much enjoy watching him play, and i'm somewhat gutted he will be QLD fullback, from pur fantasy reasons, broncos to hand out some lashings and him to score a ton soon. (banner)

Perham 41 this was luck, I knew nothing about perham, i just selected him because ciraldo and gus arted him and he was agood price for a starting fb, i still think he is a little clunky in attack, but i expect it to improve, also the bulldogs look good this year, if this is par for the course for perham, Im please, keep it up

Interchange

Boyd 42 thought he played well, he is a remarkably good goal kicker, strange game from a fantasy perspective with so many points scored and such low scores, I will say that titans didnt do anything to make me think they will be good this year, 7 missed tackles was not amazing either, one thing I did note was that in the presser holbrook was loving tanah, really talked him up, so that makes me happy regarding job secuirty, if titans improve i could see him fairing better but I also expect a few sh!t weeks too

Preston 54 another hat tip to gus gould, he wound up on my emergencys rd 1 just due to how much gus talked him up, i listen to gus podcast and i rate him as judge of talent, not much to say about preston other than like a few others in my team I LOVE his workrate, runs, tackles, effort, hes a dream, with a bit more panache he could have got another meaty, but im not greedy, great score, happy to hold him on interhange or in the 1-17, legend

Trindall 54 what a gem of a player, always making things happen, i hope sharks sit hynes one more week and bring him back after the bye round, but after losing they are probably desperate to play him, if he is named at interchange I will probably take the money and run, as sad as that seems, he will haemorrage fantasy cash playing limited minutes, thank you for this awesome 3 game stretch

carrigan 51 he lost his personal duel with Haas, but no fear, what a player, think he was under a cloud so a few less tackles this week, no drama, broncos are great and in the big games he will shine, wonder if he jams some attacjing stats against the lesser teams?

Emergency

Doorey 30 uninspiring performance, took one of the slowest ever hit ups, jagged a try so well done, not sure if he's injured, will await news on monday, be happier when hes gone but no rush, made money again so no complaints

warbrick 13 poor lad sees no attacking ball, bad score, could become sloan, but thats a luxury trade and having made max trades already, won't unless i need too, sloan does have money making potential and played well in both his appearances, will wait to see on that

HSS 20 centre cover, glad i'm not playing him, hope i don't need to rely on him anytime soon

Ford (red dot) hope he gets named again this week, warriors looking very good, barnet picked up an injury so will see,

Overall an amazing week - the leap in places is crazy, so I hope that inspires a few who are downbeaten right now,

I can't see an immediate trades I want to make, though I'm sure something will catch my eye

Feel vindicated on the broncos and although this week will be a tough game against the dolphins, the next month should be good,

Thanks as always for reading, and thank you for all the support cheering in ronaldo for my multi!

comments etc always welcomed!
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:50 pm

Geez mate I’m stoked for ya and a bit jealous too ahahaha this is a great team. Hastings a bit of an issue would you try go straight up to Hynes or bring in SJ?

Doorey might be a trade soon if he’s indeed out a while to a S. Luke or Sloan maybe?

You’re very well settled not many spotfires compared to my team.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:17 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Geez mate I’m stoked for ya and a bit jealous too ahahaha this is a great team. Hastings a bit of an issue would you try go straight up to Hynes or bring in SJ?

Doorey might be a trade soon if he’s indeed out a while to a S. Luke or Sloan maybe?

You’re very  well settled not many spotfires compared to my team.

Thanks mate

Hastings worries me most because I don’t see the score improving due to how poor Newcastle are,

Will assess it after TLT

It’s good that there aren’t huge fires like you said, the 3 bulldogs players all were in my emergency last week and proved they could do a job in 1-17 which was grand
    Stylebender
    Stylebender

Post by Stylebender Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:32 pm

Great score. Saw you had a nice win on the punt also, great weekend all round for you brother!

I really like your side. Super balanced. If you've got the cash in bank, I think Hastings > SJ is a great trade.
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:01 pm

Wow, what a round mate, well done!!!
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:20 am

Stylebender wrote:Great score. Saw you had a nice win on the punt also, great weekend all round for you brother!

I really like your side. Super balanced. If you've got the cash in bank, I think Hastings > SJ is a great trade.

Yes that’s where I am leaning too, thank you for the comments

That punt was lovely, most of the players got it done in the first half, so not much sweat only Reece made me wait!
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:20 am

TheWeapon wrote:Wow, what a round mate, well done!!!

Thanks bro!
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:16 am

as much as I want SJ, I cant look past tommy turbo at that price, I was expecting him to cost so much more, and its now or never,

the other thing is that SJ would just be a trade in until i flip to hynes,

I am going to go for Hastings, to Turbo,

This means I play Boyd as HLF,

The other trade I am looking at is doorey out, thanks for the price rise and I'm gonna get Pezet as a 2 week proposition, for cash grab and halves cover

team would be as such

Korosiau
    Tapine, Murray, Carrigan,
    Wilton, Hopgood
    Reynolds, Pezet,
    Alamoti, Staggs,
    Walsh, Miller, Turbo,

Uto, Boyd, Preston, Ford (if named)
    Perham, Warbrick, Trindall, HSS,

nothing locked in, and will await TLT, but I like this
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:47 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:as much as I want SJ, I cant look past tommy turbo at that price, I was expecting him to cost so much more, and its now or never,

the other thing is that SJ would just be a trade in until i flip to hynes,

I am going to go for Hastings, to Turbo,

This means I play Boyd as HLF,

The other trade I am looking at is doorey out, thanks for the price rise and I'm gonna get Pezet as a 2 week proposition, for cash grab and halves cover

team would be as such

Korosiau
    Tapine, Murray, Carrigan,
    Wilton, Hopgood
    Reynolds, Pezet,
    Alamoti, Staggs,
    Walsh, Miller, Turbo,

Uto, Boyd, Preston, Ford (if named)
    Perham, Warbrick, Trindall, HSS,

nothing locked in, and will await TLT, but I like this

This looking like a GO,

Hughes two game suspension almost certainly locks it in, will await confirmation that pezet gets the nod from bellamy,

I’ll probably jettison warbrick for pezet, incase trindall get a reprieve and doorey has been named, though I am so surprised he’s in the mix
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:30 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

This looking like a GO,

Hughes two game suspension almost certainly locks it in, will await confirmation that pezet gets the nod from bellamy,

I’ll probably jettison warbrick for pezet, incase trindall get a reprieve and doorey has been named, though I am so surprised he’s in the mix

That's a bad trade, mate. Two weeks isn't long enough for a "cash grab" especially for a non-dominant half with a positive BE, and as for "halves cover", again it's only for two weeks and in the first week you don't even need it. Then he's a trade out. Only way it works out is if one of the Storm halves get another injury in the next fortnight.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:32 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

That's a bad trade, mate. Two weeks isn't long enough for a "cash grab" especially for a non-dominant half with a positive BE, and as for "halves cover", again it's only for two weeks and in the first week you don't even need it. Then he's a trade out. Only way it works out is if one of the Storm halves get another injury in the next fortnight.

Appreciate this, note signed in blood yet, your point makes sense
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:55 am

Huge score last round. Motivating for me still languishing in the 30k+ ranks.

Personally wouldn't waste a trade on Pezet, but if you think it's worth it then that's up to you. I think it's particularly dangerous seeing as Trindall is on the trade out list very soon, so having two second string halves at the same time is probably a bad idea. Hastings to Turbo is super tempting though, I can see why you'd want to try make it work
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:10 am

StuDogg101 wrote:Huge score last round. Motivating for me still languishing in the 30k+ ranks.

Personally wouldn't waste a trade on Pezet, but if you think it's worth it then that's up to you.  I think it's particularly dangerous seeing as Trindall is on the trade out list very soon, so having two second string halves at the same time is probably a bad idea. Hastings to Turbo is super tempting though, I can see why you'd want to try make it work

Thanks stu, I’ve locked I turbo for Hastings

Wakeham or pezet tempt me, but I might just save the trade,

Things can definitely turn around quickly

Hope my boys do similar this week, though it’s somewhat unlikely
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:12 pm

I like SJ because with Boyd on bye next week if Trindall doesn’t play I think you’d have to trade in IKatoa.

On the other hand I love Turbo as a massive upgrade to your playing 17. Also love the player.

I’d be torn but think the short term hit next week is worth going Turbo.

Not wishing for any injury but it’s be ideal if Trindall could play rd 5 (same for my team as well). Just seems really unlikely.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:50 pm

Yep third-ing the don't get Pezet wagon.

100% in on Turbo with you.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:20 am

Cap'n Ranta wrote:I like SJ because with Boyd on bye next week if Trindall doesn’t play I think you’d have to trade in IKatoa.

On the other hand I love Turbo as a massive upgrade to your playing 17. Also love the player.

I’d be torn but think the short term hit next week is worth going Turbo.

Not wishing for any injury but it’s be ideal if Trindall could play rd 5 (same for my team as well). Just seems really unlikely.

I’ll definitely be bringing in a half next week, things are pretty fluid in this game who knows who gets injured etc, my plan is to rip up the team and get Hynes in round 7 so whoever comes in will be a short term fix

Hope boyd can have one of his better matches this week

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:24 am