NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:23 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Yep third-ing the don't get Pezet wagon.

100% in on Turbo with you.

I’m kinda glad rhino called me out,

But then that’s why I post, to get second opinions

I’m still half tempted by wakeham

I don’t know why!

But holding trades is never a bad thing (the way I spend them)

And anyone I bring in has to out score perham who is on my bench

Thanks for the comment

Let’s go Tommy turbo
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

Post by Shady2K Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:58 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

I’m kinda glad rhino called me out,

But then that’s why I post, to get second opinions

I’m still half tempted by wakeham

I don’t know why!

But holding trades is never a bad thing (the way I spend them)

And anyone I bring in has to out score perham who is on my bench

Thanks for the comment

Let’s go Tommy turbo

I don't think Wakeham is the way personally. Tigers roulette, could easily change their spine again in the next few weeks. Can have 2-3 dates before you decide
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:22 pm

Round 4 Wrap Up

Points 907 Overall rank 6586 previous 3658

Round rank 28748

So a bit of a contrast from last weeks rd rank of 47! a drop in in overall rank and was tough forum viewing seeing all the huge scores get put in. Kinda concluded that my team must be very different from the majority of people on this forum, and it is, no cartwright, Elise katoa, and loiero, and this week no cleary, also different hooker and then my proclivity of broncos players,

This intrigues me and i guess I am going to have to ride the wave of my selections and thoughts that the current status quo,

TRades Hastings out for Tommy Turbo, although Hastings returned to a decent score getting 49, I dont see him as a seasons keeper in the half position, and I do see turbo as such, despite a disappointing 36 from him. The other possibility would have been to get SJ and play perham at wfb, but I opted to secure my preferred back 3 now, (Walsh miller turbo) and now have no issues trotting that out week on week. SJ would have been great this week and for the the forseeable future, but I have had my mind made up on hynes all year and will seize this week to bring him (despite his bye in 6, and the prospect of origin) I just wanted to see he had no lasting effects of injury,

Long story short the trade this week was in theory a bust but sets me up for the future I want with this team, so I'll call it a pass mark

Player scores and reflections

Korosiau 41 so good that he played 80 mins, but 9 missed tackles and to go from over 100 running metres in the previous 2 games to only 31 was very disappointing, I'm in two minds with koro, he was the best of the hookers I could afford at the time, (after stupidly starting with hodgson) and those first two weeks of 50+ encouraged me. The missed tackles is a huge problem, and playing for a woeful wests is also not ideal. that said his contemporaries scores this week, robson 46, grant 51, mahoney 38, brailey 59 and cook 64, so you can see that with less MT which I hope is an abberattion he can be in the middle of the pack, and I count grant and cook as premium options who are unattainable anyway. Ive probably typed too much about korosiau as I have no immediate plans to change this situation, and I made my bed and have to lie in, I just hope this was the low end of his score and he does better next week

Carrigan 57 good score from patrick, its very encouraging to see him involved in so many tackles game after game, good minutes this week and a good average so far, i get jealous watchinh haas, but at almost 100k cheaper (to start) I should learn to love the one I'm with

Cam murray 116 (c) hmm, so on the face of it a 58 average for the year and 80 minutes I should be pleased with cam, but not when you realise that you bought him for 904k at seasons beginning, he is likely to be traded out this week, not because i think hes crap, not because hes lost 70k, not because I dont think he will score well during the season, but mainly because I need a half and I need an asset (something of value) as a make weight in the trade to hynes, i will elaborate on the reasons in future plans below

Tapine 64 honestly no idea how this guy does it, only two offloads all year averaging 49m mins, no attacking stats and still a PPM of 1.15, encouraging he got his highest minutes of the year, the raiders are really struggling, but its clear that he will continue to accrue points when on the field. not much more to say, hopefully he has one of his big games soon, where he unleashes some offloads or crashes over

wilton 50 its annoying me that katoa etc keep edging him on weekly scores as I rate wilton as a much better player than many of the edges. hows this for consistency, tackle counts of 38,39,41,40 in the last 4 games, still a couple too many missed tackles for my liking, but I'm high on the sharks, and you could see with a little bit of luck he will cross the try line again soon, will continue to hold him and hope that he outscores his contempiraries soon, bit Poddish as only owned by 14% of the top 5000, so a big score will have a large impact on my overall rank, if 50 is his low/norm the only way is up

Preston 43 lower run metres effected him this week, the ball just didnt find him, warriors really dominated that game and he was a spectator when bulldogs had the ball, still more money made, a low break even and I expect the dogs to be a lot better next week.

reynolds 32 an aberration for reynolds, couple of errors, missed tackles and a lack of ball put paid to his score, I ddi a deep dive into his stats before I bought him in and never expected him to put up a score like this, have to say it was really unfortunate broncos persist with walters, so many times on tackle 4 or 5 he just goes off scroipt and runs down a blind alley, the ferocity and chaos of that game also didnt help, i don't expect this to happen again, and hopefully broncos really do put the sword to the tigers and canberra in consequetive weeks, reynolds is another one not highly owned in the top 5000, (10.38%) so my overall rank will swing according to his perfirmances, hopefully my theory of broncos being great will hold true!

Boyd 52 well done tannah, I needed you to fill in at half for a week and you did me proud, trying circumstances for the titans this week with half the spine going down, I am hoping that if sexton replaces foran in the line up, we see tannah switch to the left hand side, it will mean a lot less kicking, but maybe more attacking stats, either way his versatlity remains an asset, so no plans to shunt him anytime soon

Alamoti 30 looking at his stats week to week, he still got ok run metres 159, just lacked the attacjing ones, not really a surprise based on the low scoring game and the lack of possession, I have no concerns sticking with him due to his good bye schedule and cheap price, so I'll just continue to cheer for him and hope for the best, scores closer to 40 than 30 will be appreciated

Staggs 59 the redmption tour continues, you better believe I was off my feet cheering him home in the last few minutes, what a gun he is, enjoyable to watch, great in defence, and seettled in my team, hes more or less regained all the money he's lost in previous weeks and is a rel POD for me. Tigers and RAiders next up, so matching up against naden then HSS, hopefully the broncos feed him and he feeds me attacking stats galore, keep it up big fella

Miller 72 ownership in top 5000 91%, ive been tooting him all pre season and all season, his style of play and workrate always attracted me, kayln going down means hes the main attacking threat and you see that with not only his attacking runs but his ability to setup tries and line breaks, hes a keeper and hes a fun player to cheer for, iots just a shame his high ownership means your rank is unaffected by his brilliant scores

walsh 40 for all the walsh haters, he outscored turbo and latrell without a try this week, if you don't own him be very worried about this week, and the next, the broncos have been pretty average in last two weeks and if they put it together and throw some decent shape they will murder either the raiders or the tigers, the guy is just pure energy and invention, he is constantly looking for the break or the pass to unlock defences, his defence has already proved to be way better than people gave him credit for with two try savers in 3 weeks, I predicted a ton in 5 games, hes two down, let me know if from what youve seen you think its possible

turbo 36 i brought him in because I was scared of his price rises! haha that score stopped that dead in its tracks, seriously though he was unlucky not to get a try, but for me hes in a good place, looked involved and healthy and the scores will come, his draw is fairly difficult, but newcastle this week looks appealing, i pose this question who would you rather have in your side turbo or latrell, and based just on invlovement I'd take tommy all day

Interchange

Perham 43 hes made 100k so far, hes got 43, 41, and 42 in last 3 games, with only one try in that time, I'm happy, his good bye means he will either be my WFB cover, or on the interchange depending on byes and I think he is not only reliable but will make money, also has rock solid job security, final bonus is he has an enjoyable playing style to watch

Stefano Uto 40 another whos made 100k so far, lowest minutes, tackle count and metres of the year so far, so a lower score, still you will cop 40 from the bench player, when i saw the tigers bench i actually expected more mins from him not less, so bit of a strange one, I never expected continued 50s from him so I'll take this score, his current avearge is 45, and thats what i want at a minimum everyweek

hopgood 70 back in business for hopgod, he played excellent and performs tirelessly, that game was abonaza of fantasy points with the ball in play nonstop, he's efefctively owned by everyone that matters, so not much point labouring on about him, I think he will be promoted to mid permenantly as a cheaper replacement to murray, holding him all year like everyone else who playes this game

Ford 61 biggest success of the week for me, proved that he is a great option for me, played excellent, huge engine and workrate, and webster gave him great wraps in the presser, saying "hes not an impact player, just hve to leave him out there and the tougher it gets the better he gets" bench or in 1-13 is where youll see him every week

Emergencies

doorey 22 - in 20 mins this was impressive, cant see him getting back in the starting team so hes a sell soon, I said it before I never considered carty for doorey in the hours before week1 as I just didnt expect the explosion that is bryce, stings a little, but cant catch them all

trindall DNP was so close to making him Pezet to lock in the money and take pezets two week price rise, what i didnt articulate when i wrote on that last week was how much i rated pezet and that by getting him then i got him at a cheap price and locked in these two week of price rises, covered my hlf shaped hole this week and could hold pezet til origin when he steps back in for munster, i should of trusted my instinct instaed of being seduced by trindalk stepping on the field to earn me 20k, which he did infact not do anyway, thanks for everything tricky, you become hynes this week

HSS 24 guy is just a warm boy and ctr cover, hope i dont have to play him, not making me much money, raiders are a mess, dont expect him to ever score well, could see him being dropped, not an immediate problem but one for down the road

warbrick 64 figured he might go well against tigers but noway would I have played him infront of any of the others in the side, no loop available as trindall was named and a late out, take the money gain, not much else to say

So, overall it looks like my weekly score will be dependant on how my PODs perform against the players that I dont have, in mind its roughly

Koro vs robson, grant, and mahoney, a few cooks, kenny and future brailey pick ups
    A reynolds vs SJ, Cleary, DCE, burton, Moses, and to a lesser extent DOuehi
    Witlon vs E katoa, Cartwright, Loireo, gilbert, garner, fifita and maybe future hoskings pick ups
    Stagss vs the hammer, Lemulu, holmes, thomspon, sualli, and afew others
    and then my combo of walsh and turbo vs teddy, latrell, and whatever cheapis people loop on that certain week

its gonna be a rollercaoster, to be 47th best in week 3 and 28,000th in week 4 shows the disparity starkly, my team didnt get worse in that week, it actually improved, (hastings for turbo)

I have to back my guys to out perform the others, theyre my preferred players, whether I think theyre better fantasy prospects, or i just prefer watching them, its gonna be a fun ride

Trade plans

so I need a half, I currently only have reynolds, (trindall wont be named, boyd is on a bye) My plan was to address it this week, I half hoped hynes didnt look great and that i could wait til we had 3 trades per week and bring him in after the bye round 7, but after yesterdays perfoirmance, I dont see any reason to forgo getting him now, he looked fast, he looksed accurate, he kicked goals, he showed no sign of hesitancy (with regard the injury), pre season I was all aboard getting both cleary and hynes, now i think it will be difficult to get both players in, so I have the choice and for these reason Iam going hynes, i prefer him! lol its that simple, yes hes more expensive, yes he has a bye comning up, yes cleary can score in more ways and the fantasy scorers love him, but id doesnt matter, I like watching hynes rip it up for cronulla, i like the way he plays rugby league, I want to cheer him, and I will

so to that end with only 11k in the bank how do I get him! well, it requires breaking up my big 3 mids. the only one with enough value to allow me to facilitate the trade is murray, its not a slight on him, but for his points output i can slip hopgood into the mid position and not miss a beat, I am playing hopgoat in edge where I can put a reliable preston, or ford to partner wilton and then eventually get myself a cheaper 50 point edge of which there are a pelthora of option i don't own.

i know there will be a week where murray gets a 90, but i expect hynes to score a much higher evage that murray and be the best if not top 2 hlfs for the year, he will also be not as highly owned by the people around me, and therefore will be a point of differnce, Ill be directly playing hynes vs cleary on a week to week basis as captain and Half super gun, if it doesnt go my way, so be it,

So looking from a trade point of view I have to go murray and trindall for hynes and a player who cost 237k or less, that is disgusting to be honest and it will essentially be a dead spot, but i can handle that, I'll chosse the best person who has a chance of being named,, and when we move to 3 trades a week I'll deal with it

anyway long write up this week,

hope you enjoyed, all comments and feed back welcome, feel free to tell me I'm mad, its no skin off my nose

team in rd 5 tbc

Korosiau
    Hopgood, Tapine, Carrigan
    Wilton, Preston,
    Reynolds, Hynes
    Alamoti, Staggs
    Turbo, Walsh, Miller

Ford, Utoikamanu, Perham, (boyd red dot)
    Warbrick, HSS, Doorey, (237k tbc)
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:41 pm

Given you’ve missed the cash of Carty, Katoa, Loiero (400k in price rises from the 3) I don’t know if breaking your team apart for an EMG who will make 0 cash for Hynes is worth it

The only 237k players likely to play are Burbo, Tanner (TPJ), Granville. Even if you go Cleary over Hynes it gives you an extra 120k and 1 less bye until R13 (are they really going to be that different in scoring)

I don’t mind the Murray trade out itself, he’s a trade at Origin anyway
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:55 pm

Camo123 wrote:Given you’ve missed the cash of Carty, Katoa, Loiero (400k in price rises from the 3) I don’t know if breaking your team apart for an EMG who will make 0 cash for Hynes is worth it

The only 237k players likely to play are Burbo, Tanner (TPJ), Granville. Even if you go Cleary over Hynes it gives you an extra 120k and 1 less bye until R13 (are they really going to be that different in scoring)

I don’t mind the Murray trade out itself, he’s a trade at Origin anyway

appreciate the comment, don't really see it as ripping up the team,

There is a big argument to say at 120k more its stupid to get hynes over cleary, and I do agree that their scoring will be similar/ historically cleary is the better option, but the human factor of enjoying hynes persuades me,

I spent alot of last year with a perma red dot, and to bring in the player who will average the highest or at least in the top 3 all year, I don't see it as a huge sacrifice,

i do think all your points are valid though
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:02 pm

Don't hate the Murray trade out if it's your only option. Like Camo said, he's a trade out before Origin anyway. I'll probably flip him to a R13 player like Tapine or Matterson
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:18 pm

You did well not get Pezet for Warbrick...
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:59 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:You did well not get Pezet for Warbrick...

yep, wish id done trindall for him though, few points and a few dollars better off,

was my original plan, oh well.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:02 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

yep, wish id done trindall for him though, few points and a few dollars better off,

was my original plan, oh well.

Still a wasted trade. Not like you can stash him until Origin (when he might be useful) in the current format.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:50 pm

Plans to get Hynes have been shelved,

Can go trindall and cam Murray to hosking and SJ

Disappointed not to bring in Hynes right now, but I can miss him for a round

I think hosking will end up making a lot of money, and I’ve missed a lot of the cash cows so far

It makes more sense to bring in two playable guys than one gun and a dead spot

I am not happy, I want Hynes and will use 3 trades to bring him after the bye I reckon

I reserve the right to change my plan, but that’s how I think I will be going
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:46 am

rd 5 team

Korosiau
    Carrigan, Hopgood, Tapine
    Wilton, Hosking
    Reynolds, S Johnson
    Alamoti, Staggs
    Miller, Turbo, Walsh

Ford, Preston, Utoikamanu, (Boyd red dot)
    Doorey, HSS, Warbick, Perham,

My question is who to captain?
    Perham plays last game so I will have a look at doorey score, but most likely it play perham at last spot in interchange
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:42 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:rd 5 team

Korosiau
    Wilton, Hosking
    Reynolds, S Johnson
    Alamoti, Staggs
    Miller, Turbo, Walsh

Perham plays last game so I will have a look at doorey score, but most likely it play perham at last spot in interchange
    I'd be captaining Hopgood or Tapine

Tapine: Consistent, due a big game, you don't stress over his minutes as you know how few he gets anyway
    Hopgood: Gun when playing 80, and with Paulo out they will need a big minute middle, I expect 80 from him again this week (minutes)

I don't really like Koroisau, seems to be playing well but really not translating to fantasy, he also has a bye in week 7. Might be worth considering moving him to Brailey in the near future?

Other than that I really like your side. I think it's good to have a few PODs (Wilton, Hosking, Staggs, Walsh, ARey) who you can ride. Like you said previously, it means your team will ride the wave with them, but I'm sure you got more joy out of round 3 than you did disappointment from round 4!

Looking forward to a big round 5 from your Broncs + Wilton (double this week).
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:52 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    I'd be captaining Hopgood or Tapine

Tapine: Consistent, due a big game, you don't stress over his minutes as you know how few he gets anyway
    Hopgood: Gun when playing 80, and with Paulo out they will need a big minute middle, I expect 80 from him again this week (minutes)

I don't really like Koroisau, seems to be playing well but really not translating to fantasy, he also has a bye in week 7. Might be worth considering moving him to Brailey in the near future?

Other than that I really like your side. I think it's good to have a few PODs (Wilton, Hosking, Staggs, Walsh, ARey) who you can ride. Like you said previously, it means your team will ride the wave with them, but I'm sure you got more joy out of round 3 than you did disappointment from round 4!

Looking forward to a big round 5 from your Broncs + Wilton (double this week).

thanks mate, its a funny position to be in having such a different team from everyone, i actually think last week was worse than the previous one was good in a way! (maybe cos its still fresh)

I am not happy with Koro at all and definitely thinking brailey next week, mainly because wests have a bad run of games and I can see them being 0-8 shortly

Ive made a big bet on the broncos so hope they deliver this week and next

part of me wants to back my broncos and captain one of them too, but the others you mentioned especially hopgood are under serious consideration

always appreciate the comments and yes its wiltons time to smash it!

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:13 am

Would be hard not to captain Hopgood on that team. Or bank the consistency of Carrigan. I agree on the waiting with Hynes. As much as FOMO exists, it really just doesn't make sense not waiting if it means getting in what could be a red dot. Hosking should help close the gap to Hynes, and you have plenty of other cows that can be sacked too.

That's what I'm telling myself anyway haha. Good luck for this week, last week was clearly an aberration so you'll be cracking the 1000 this week 👍
    Stylebender
    Stylebender

Post by Stylebender Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:31 am

Good looking side. I'd be captaining Hopgood this week. As mentioned above, with Paulo out I can see Hoppy playing 80 minutes. Playing a Roosters team that are leaking fantasy points to middles. (75 points to Nicholls in R1, 69 and 64 points to Tohu and AFB in R2, 63 points to Murray in R3).
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:43 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:Would be hard not to captain Hopgood on that team. Or bank the consistency of Carrigan. I agree on the waiting with Hynes. As much as FOMO exists, it really just doesn't make sense not waiting if it means getting in what could be a red dot. Hosking should help close the gap to Hynes, and you have plenty of other cows that can be sacked too.

That's what I'm telling myself anyway haha. Good luck for this week, last week was clearly an aberration so you'll be cracking the 1000 this week 👍

Cheers Stu, Hopgood is in pole position, yeah the trades make sense this week, hosking ma cash generation could/should be gun

I was actually getting more FOMO missing out on a potential keeper in hosking than Hynes for a week, because I’ll definitely be getting Hynes regardless in week 7, whereas this is the opportunity to maximise Hoskins break even and get a jump on the doubters
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:44 pm

Stylebender wrote:Good looking side. I'd be captaining Hopgood this week. As mentioned above, with Paulo out I can see Hoppy playing 80 minutes. Playing a Roosters team that are leaking fantasy points to middles. (75 points to Nicholls in R1, 69 and 64 points to Tohu and AFB in R2, 63 points to Murray in R3).

That’s actually a nice little anecdote about middles, Hopgood is sensible choice, walsh is the flair one, I’ll decide Thursday
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:30 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:rd 5 team

Korosiau
    Wilton, Hosking
    Reynolds, S Johnson
    Alamoti, Staggs
    Miller, Turbo, Walsh

Team looks good and (c) hopgood as well
    I guess the only downside or improvement if it was me, is to grab an outright banner tier gun for captain (Hynes/Cleary)
    It's tough to find the coin but might help avoid captain roulette and help keep you in the mix if one of these go on a run as they will be popular
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:39 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:

Team looks good and (c) hopgood as well
    I guess the only downside or improvement if it was me, is to grab an outright banner tier gun for captain (Hynes/Cleary)
    It's tough to find the coin but might help avoid captain roulette and help keep you in the mix if one of these go on a run as they will be popular

Which ever I dislike out of SJ or Reynolds in round 7 becomes Hynes with the help of 3 trades

Cleary might have to wait til post origin
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:44 am

Not sure if it's wise to trade out your main captaincy option this week in Murray. My main concern with captaining Hopgood is his missed tackles which can really kill his score as we saw RD3.

People thinking he plays 80 mins this week because Paulo is back I'm not too sure. Matterson will start on an edge and move to the middle. I think Doorey plays more minutes this week after his knee injury.

Is there no way you can keep Murray this week because you'll still have the same predicament next week with Hynes on the bye.

Current date/time is Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:38 am