NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 12 Empty Re: GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

Post by WT Winfield Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:45 pm

Killer week again. You're now 1 point ahead of me overall Laughing

Teddy, Manu and Talakai all keepers in their positions imo. Feel like Simmo's run has gotta come to an end.. surely.. the fucking prick Laughing

Montoya as the back-up CTR/WFB and turning guys like Bula, CNK, Simmo, Liddle into the Fifita, Haas and Cleary types is probably where I'd look to use these final trades.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 12 Empty Re: GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:36 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Killer week again. You're now 1 point ahead of me overall Laughing

Teddy, Manu and Talakai all keepers in their positions imo. Feel like Simmo's run has gotta come to an end.. surely.. the fucking prick Laughing

Montoya as the back-up CTR/WFB and turning guys like Bula, CNK, Simmo, Liddle into the Fifita, Haas and Cleary types is probably where I'd look to use these final trades.

Cheers mate, 1 point you say!

Cleary is definitely one I want but not sure how I will find the cash, but it might be mandatory
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:04 pm

I'm gonna go DCE as an alternative to Cleary for now. I might have to trade SJ or an injured 800k forward to get Cleary it seems.

Grant another I forgot to mention, but see you're looking at him now too. Tapine tough to trade after those last couple and the way he finished last season though. I want to hold Cook this week and averaging the same as Taps and an extra bye still.

Origin could change things though. Horse might do something dumb and cop a few weeks..
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:08 pm

WT Winfield wrote:I'm gonna go DCE as an alternative to Cleary for now. I might have to trade SJ or an injured 800k forward to get Cleary it seems.

Grant another I forgot to mention, but see you're looking at him now too. Tapine tough to trade after those last couple and the way he finished last season though. I want to hold Cook this week and averaging the same as Taps and an extra bye still.

Origin could change things though. Horse might do something dumb and cop a few weeks..

Yep completely agree with your points

I’m looking at it as tapine out to Fifita which is an upgrade

And I’ll be getting Murray next week who should counteract the loss of tapine in mid

Things will definitely be different after origin with regard suspensions and injury

I looked at DCE, but for not much more you can get Grant who excites me more
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:38 pm

Welcome to the top 1000! I knew you’d get here soon. Now, the tricky part is staying here. Your ability to keep faith in a Jackson Ford is something someone like myself finds great difficulty doing. Hopefully your pods keep firing for you, as well.

Fwiw, I’m likely keeping CNK for the year, if that helps sway a decision.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:45 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:Welcome to the top 1000! I knew you’d get here soon. Now, the tricky part is staying here. Your ability to keep faith in a Jackson Ford is something someone like myself finds great difficulty doing. Hopefully your pods keep firing for you, as well.

Fwiw, I’m likely keeping CNK for the year, if that helps sway a decision.

looool, with jackson i think it was a real case of right price, right time, right bye schedule and then he has performed above expectation,

CNK was another I trading back in specifically for the last 5 weeks so I think I am gonna keep with my theory that he will score well
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:53 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

looool, with jackson i think it was a real case of right price, right time, right bye schedule and then he has performed above expectation,

CNK was another I trading back in specifically for the last 5 weeks so I think I am gonna keep with my theory that he will score well

That last five for the Warriors is what persuaded me to hold onto Klok. All games they should score well and hopefully CNK will be more involved and score better than he did last week.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:32 pm

Pencilled in trades

Bula and tapine out D.Fifita and Grant in

Team as follows

Grant
    Ford, Nas, Hopgood
    Wilton, Fifita
    Hynes, SJ,
    Manu, Talakai
    Ponga, Tedesco, drinkwater

Simonsen, Boyd, robson, CNK

Ofa, Montoya, (horsbruh liddle)
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:49 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:Pencilled in trades

Bula and tapine out D.Fifita and Grant in

Team as follows

Grant
    Ford, Nas, Hopgood
    Wilton, Fifita
    Hynes, SJ,
    Manu, Talakai
    Ponga, Tedesco, drinkwater

Simonsen, Boyd, robson, CNK

Ofa, Montoya, (horsbruh liddle)

With your overload of CTRs, presuming the 328k bank from previous page you could do Manu + Liddle to Cleary + 274k cashout in addition to previous trades

Food for thought (although given I’m up against you in the eliminator next week I’d happily let you not buy Cleary until after next week Laughing )
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:51 pm

Camo123 wrote:

With your overload of CTRs, presuming the 328k bank from previous page you could do Manu + Liddle to Cleary + 274k cashout in addition to previous trades

Food for thought (although given I’m up against you in the eliminator next week I’d happily let you not buy Cleary until after next week Laughing )

Most of the bank is used on these trades

I’m looking at

Manu, liddle and robson or Boyd

To

Cleary, Murray and cash out next week

Leaves me simonsen, talakai and Montoya as a centre rotation and 3 trades for injury/suspension
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:55 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

Most of the bank is used on these trades

I’m looking at

Manu, liddle and robson or Boyd

To

Cleary, Murray and cash out next week

Leaves me simonsen, talakai and Montoya as a centre rotation and 3 trades for injury/suspension

If bank was pre the first 2 trades, that was calcs I used
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:43 am

When you write down your ranks by round like that, it is an impressive gain. 9k is crazy progress from the lowly 10k rank we were both in back then. Shows how much knowledge, good timing, a bit of faith and some luck can do! Being able to get on some guns now to finish your team will be the icing on the cake. I really hope Murray proves himself to be worthy of the risk - I don't see why not.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:16 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:When you write down your ranks by round like that, it is an impressive gain. 9k is crazy progress from the lowly 10k rank we were both in back then. Shows how much knowledge, good timing, a bit of faith and some luck can do! Being able to get on some guns now to finish your team will be the icing on the cake. I really hope Murray proves himself to be worthy of the risk - I don't see why not.

Probs just overtook 5k H2H players 😂
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:59 pm

4 trades done

welcome, cleary, fifita, grant and Harrison graham

out

tapine, boyd (sad), tedesco, bula

gone early on cleary to try and sneak an advantage, esecially with tedesco out

oversubrscribed in Wfb and dont think Bula continues to average high despite yesterday

tapine to fiifta is an upgrade

and lastly decdiding between boyd and robson to trade out, i gave deferrence to robson who has a higher average this year and is a historically better fantasy player, ( i know he has a bye, but I feel confident I can cover it)
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:21 pm

Round 20 Review, Score 819 Rd rank 40044

Overall Rank 1643 Prev 967

wheels came off, car crash tv, blown a gasket, off the rails, i actually didnt know it was possible to have such a low round rank,

made some mistakes and had some bad luck, and now have a quandry

got over excited and went away from my planned two trades to and jumped the gun and brought in cleary! he was supposed to mean i dint have to play one of montoya or Ofa, but in the end I had to and after montoya's 18, i thought that ofa would be a sure thing to get more than that even in low mins, unfortunatley not the case and I copped his 6,

Wilton injury was annoying, but i think the first one of these ive had all year, unfortunaltely hes a POD so it had a greater impact than say if Manu who is 99% owned by top 1k had gone down.

trade ins, grant, graham excelled, fifita was meh, and cleary DNP. of the players i traded out, tedesco was rested, bula scoired well, but from a game theory point of view he was my least favourite option and i expect his scores to regress again, boyd i already mentioned i slightly prefer robson and tapine i was happy to lose, (murray to come in this week)

full review below, I only have 4 trades left but with talakai dropped to the bench and wilton out injured i will probably have to use two of them,

Grant 62 good performance from harry, did what i wanted him to do, guys a menace, it feels so much better watching storm when you have him in your team

NAS 39 pretty decent score from Nelson, ball didnt find him as much and he was well marked, his score is always dependent on big attacking plays, good to see he was named at edge again this week, most people are jumping off but now hes dual and has such good job security i will hold him, as i dont have spare trades

Hopgood 56 seems to have settled into his 65 minute role, which i'm fine with, hes a bit expensive for what his guaranteed output is, if i had trades up the wazoo i'd flip him to Haas, but i think I hold him. again dual is useful if people get ruled out

Ford 40 lower score for ford after some back to back 50+, but his performance was good and is interesting to see that curran is the one who drops to reserves this week with ford named, he's not a stellar player, just a mid range fantasy player, but wityh wilton needing to be traded out, i will have to hold him, and hope with the warriors good run he keeps up his big mionutes and jags a few attacking stats

Wilton 11 injury, the end of the road for him, disappointing, cest la vie

Fifita 49 even in a quiet game a good score for him, think he looked pretty tired, and now thge air has gone out of the season for the titans i hope he continues his form, but either way ive made my fifita bed and i will lie in it

Sj 82 guy is so good, warriors are so good, i like their draw and i expect him to score well til seasons end,

HYnes 122 (c) the sinbin was pretty lolzy, took theedge of his score, but with him being so hugely captained it is what it is,

Manu 49 decent score from manu, but roosters really didnt look good, i decided to trade out tedesco rather than manu for two reasons, manu has dual and hes so highly owned that it would essentially be anti POdding him, so I opted out of it, not sure hes the best option at ctr for the remainder but i dont have the trades to do anything with him

Talakai 13 problem, poor score, sharks are cooked, and now hes been dropped, i am not sure exactly what i should do, i can see tracey performing well and him not getting back, if he had been named at edge id hold but i am offcially spun, with 4trades remaining i do not know which way to go, I just cant see what his role is off the bench, if anyone has advice shout it

CNK 39 ok score from CNK, hes never gonna be drinkwater, mitchell or walsh, but a try and a try assist and full blooded effort made me happy, i expect him to score like this or better in their remaining games, if he goes above expectation with his attack i'll be loving it, Ive essentially backed him to outscore Bula and Tedesco (traded them both out) so time will tell if that was a pipe dream

Drinkwater 57 he is their attack, he cannot be denied, he's absolutely at peak price, but I'm pleased with him. I see some people thinking about tarding him out, but I'm gonna hold him, cows are on form and he's part of it

Ponga 80 guy is on fire, highly owned, but pleasing, the left attack looks dangerous and his halves are getting him great ball, hopefully he stays on the pitch and keeps doing his thing

Interchange

Simonsson 21 poor score, back to reality for him, looking at tthe draw they have i can see a few of these scores in his future, if i dont have to play him i will try to avoid it, but not enough trades to alter him

Robson 44 it was either robson or boyd and Ive bet on robson to outscore him, time will tell but boyd pipped him this week, encouraging he retains his big minutes, guy is durable

Graham 49 hes my new crossland, a tacklebot hooker cashout, i really hope JMK stays on the sideline and his minutes continue, but we shall see what happens, cashouts never tend to have great job security but wayne must be pleased with him, hes passing the eye test

Ofahengue 6 looped him in instead of montoya, and he sat on the pine for far too long, RCG suspension might increase his minutes but I'm not holding out hope, he did a job from a numbers perspective in bye rounds but hopefully i dont have to select him in my 17 again, parra has so many forwards its redonk

Emergency

Montoya 18, Cleary DNP, Horsburgh DNP, Liddle DNP,

So the plan remains to get Murray to beef up my middle stocks, and now the obvious trade out is Wilton, to facilitate that I need to do a second trade and I had planned to lose liddle, however with talakai under a cloud it would be silly to hold him, i am reluctant to use 3 trades this week as i would then be left with 1, which as last week taught me people can be ruled out at the drop of the hat,

I also have 4 warriors and they have a bye coming up, so yes I am up shit creek

team before trades is as follows

Grant
    NAS, Hopgood, Horsburgh
    Ford, Fifita
    Cleary, Hynes
    Manu, Montoya,
    CNK, Drinkwater, Ponga,

SJ, Liddle, Robson, Simonsson,

Ofahengue, Talakai, Wilton (inj), Graham (bye)

Future trades,

Wilton out for Murray

and

Talakai out for $514k (suggestions welcomed)

Thanks for reading
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:53 pm

Rough week but honestly I think it could have been worse. I'd have been pretty relieved to see a rank of 1643 after an 819. So I say don't sweat it, and onwards and upwards. You've killed it overall so one blip does not a season make.

$514k is an interesting amount. You either have to bank on someone returning to past glory (eg Koro/Hess), continue to improve/grow into a role (eg Hands), or a random shot in the dark with someone like Brimson. I guess first step is to decide which position you prefer/if at all. It's a shame Talakai shit the bed, I know you had high hopes for him
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:27 pm

Cheers Stu, yah my goal was top 1k after the first half of the year shocker, now is the time to regroup

I’m not wed to any position for the trade in, and don’t even need to spend all the money, as I might need to manoeuvre with my final two trades

The biggest thing is probably job security, as I am gonna be out of trades before 27 guaranteed

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm