NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 11 Empty Re: GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:00 am

having to choose betwen wilton and preston is not making me happyu

they are much for muchness,

below is some stats, but i think the big thing is wilton plays one more game, he is more of a POD, and he plays for a better team, preston is worth more so that money can be used elsewhere if needs be

which would you trade out

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 11 Wilton10
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 11 Empty Re: GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:41 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:having to choose betwen wilton and preston is not making me happyu

they are much for muchness,

below is some stats, but i think the big thing is wilton plays one more game, he is more of a POD, and he plays for a better team, preston is worth more so that money can be used elsewhere if needs be

which would you trade out

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 11 Wilton10

Hey mate,

You’ve said it all in that sentence, I’d run with Wilton for something a bit different. Think they probably average very similar from here in out anyway.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:44 am

I think Preston is a more stable 50+ without attacking stats but Wilton may have him on overall points with the extra game as you mention

Preston has much higher floor with lower MT rate (barring interchange debut)
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:03 am

Appreciate the comments lads, I’d pretty much made my mind up, just thought it was somewhat interesting

I do think Preston is slightly more consistent

But for total points and pod I’ll stick with Wilton

Plus I do like cheering sharks on, rather than watching Preston scrape points whilst the bulldogs get rinsed
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:07 pm

As good as Preston has been going, Bird is still an upgrade if his health, role and form hold together. So if you can do that upgrade I'd hit the switch. I like the keeping Wilton as a POD plan too
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:54 pm

Round 17 Review, Score 922 Rd rank 3795

Overall Rank 2510 Prev 2871

Enjoyed this round, had some great scores from players and had some awful ones,

my only trade was preston out for CNK, as I am firming for the back end of they year and want to have CNK for the run home, plus he completes my WFB for R19

full review

Liddle 46 strange things occuring for liddle, his minutes all over the place, a great PPM for this game, with a good try assist and 44 tackles in his time on the field, would be good to see him play longer minutes, but he's not in my long term plans just happy to hold him for now

Horsburgh 86 in 69 minutes without a try or other attacking stats was ridiculous, his best score of the year, and an excellent effort, he was in everything, he was impactful and he gets thouse sweet offloads, gun player and planning on holding til seasons end, be good for me if he avoids origin call and I can play him in 19, but he must be next man up if any of the incumbents miss up

NAS 71 the opposite of last weeks disappointment was this weeks joy, thats 102 points in 2 weeks so 51 average, i wont expect this every week but hope it continues, very happy

Tapine 51 not a horrific score, but only 22 tackles? thank god he got the 3 offloads, I'm in the tapine trap, until the dragons game in rd 19, but once that happens they have a bye and I'll be using him to trade to someone else.

Hopgood 70 another excellent score from hopgood, hes very highly owned, but hes doing a super job for everyone who owns him, one of my better ideas when i traded him back in, hes been so valuable during this period, unfortunatley they have so many middles and edges so his minutes is always up for grabs, but he is sticking around

Ford 58 nice bounce back from jackson, a great game, scored an excellent try, and played brilliant, he cut out all the errors, penalties and missed tackles this week. who knows what he'll do next week, but with the warriors have 3 of the next 4 at home, so I will hold him until the bye in 22 I think

Sj 142 (c) had no worries about captaining SJ this weekm, was super confident that the warrriors would touch up the dragons, and so it proved, did a bit of everything and got himself a try. holding him til seasons end, as I like the fixtures they have

Boyd 34 his lowest score since rd 2, which shows you how good hes been, no panic from me, he now has a high break even so he will probably lose some cash in the mid term, which is a shame, but i'm enjoying in him

Manu 59 funny one, first half he was so sparsely involved, but then he exploded, some great tries and some excellent work, despite playing for a poor team ive been impressed, selfishly if he could end up in fb id be loving it. great score though

Simonsson 47 continues to score great and play great, parra are looking excellent in attack which bodes well for him to continue, another game over 200m, and another try, being greeddy he actually butchered a few chances with Sivo, on a bye this week but valuable in r19

Ponga 17 hmmm, this one was a disappointment, 17 with a try is awful, i was ready to annoint him as a keeper and this one has set me back, one thing i like about newcastle is they have 5 of 8 after rd 19 at home, where they always play better, will watch thus week to see how he goes against the bulldogs, but if newcastle drop out of finals contentioon will be interesting to see how their season devolves

Tedesco 20 4 errors really hurt him, but he also looks a yard off this year, not ready to write off his career, but certainly ready to yeet him from my team, be good to see a bounce back against manly this week, at least he made some money incase i do want to move him on

Drinkwater 77 he is the cutting edge of this cowboys team and he is a fun player to watch, his last 5 games have been a revelation, and his attacking involvements are awesome, tigers this week so hoping for more of he same

Interchange

Crossland 38 decent score, and a great PPM, but to only play 47 mins is a real concern to me, i had planned to trade him out to a ctr/wfb in rd 19 to complete my 13, his only real value in fantasy is his accumluation of points through attrution and with out minutes hes no good,

Ofahengue 15 this trade in was a mistake, instead of ramping up the minutes he actually played less this week, i should of changed the trade at the time, they have so many mids and edges and more coming back from injury so i dont believe the minutes will come up, fingers crossed his minutes improve, but i don't hold up much hope, so I will have to see what can be done, only one trade before rd 20 so its future problems

CNK 53 love watching this bloke, such a try hard, so involved, great hands in attack to get his outside players free, tarde worked out this week and will be good for the rest of the season, their last few games are against titans, tigers, manly, dragons and dolphins, who I all expect to be out of playoff contention, and could be a good time for CNK

Robson 38 brilliant that he backed up, because I want sure that he would, score was whatever, i have a lot of hookers, and I want grant, so how I work that all out I don't know, lets see how it goes,

DNP,

Bula, Hynes, Wilton, Talakai

Team for 18
    Liddle
    Horsburgh, NAS, Tapine
    Wilton, Ford,
    Hynes (c), Sj
    Manu, Talakai
    Ponga, Tedesco, Drinkwater

Interchange - Boyd, Bula, CNK, Crossland
    Emergency - Crossland, Ofahenghue (DNP), Hopgood (DNP), Simonsson (DNP)

looking slightly further ahead to rd19

Boyd
    Hopgood, Horburgh, Tapoine,
    Wilton, Ford
    SJ, Hynes
    Talakai, Simonsson
    Bula, CNK, XXXX

CRossland/Ofahengue/liddle

BYE, robson, NAS, Manu, Ponga, Drinky, tedesco,

one of crossland, ofa or liddle will become a cash down wfb/ctr

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:00 am

Man your R19 looks like one of the strongest I've seen. Simmo and CNK were inspired trade ins, makes up for the not so great Talakai one haha. Drinky great for you too as you mentioned. Go you good thing! It's handy you have plenty of trade fodder too for the upcoming rounds, still got plenty of ranks to gain imo.

Another great write up, and I enjoyed the topical use of "yeet" 😂 good luck for this round, roll on those extra trades
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:46 am

Cheers for the comment Stu

Yep talakai hasn’t worked out as planned but the sharks can always fire, maybe against the dragons this week! 😂

No matter how well I plan injuries, suspensions and origin call ups can put a spanner in the works so will just continue to hope the fantasy gods are smiling, figure one of horsbruh or Hopgood gets called up for game 3 though
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:16 pm

Where's da phucking write-up?

Rant

Still catching up on the games?
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:42 pm

Round 18 Review, Score 1137 Rd rank 47

Overall Rank 1474 Prev 2510

Astoundingly good week for scores unfortunately I am in francs attending a wedding and having a holiday so I have only seen a few highlights and caught a couple of the games

Managed to have all the big scorers, and players who handed out drubbings rather than receiving them

Made no trades and had 3 parra players on bye

Caught the end of the tigers game and was able to loop bula out for cross land which was an absolute touch, will break down scores and comment on each player

Robson 36, ok score, wasn’t exactly one for tackles etc, would of been nice if he got some more attacking stats, oh well, my plan is still to keep him as won’t have money or trades for grant

Horsbruh 68, this guy is a weapon, sad he misses next two games but he’s a hold, reliable huge points, good luck at origin

NAS 62, actually caught this game in a pub, lucky with his try, but was doing the destructive and points accruing things we know he can, long may it continue

Tapine 85, no idea where this came from, didn’t see the game, clueless, he’s trolled me all year with his acceptable but not great scores, plan was to dump him in rd 20, should that be the case?

Wilton 48, only saw the highlights, standard score for him, the left edge was carving up, sometimes he’ll be on the end of things, not this week, still one of my faves

Ford 61, watched this game, less errors and less missed tackles makes him a fantasy weapon, im high on the warriors end of season run, so may keep him around, though I will have 4 warriors soon and they still have a bye to deal with, remains a question mark but he’s been great recently

SJ 30, poor score, warriors were very disappointing, no drama I’m holding Johnson all year

Hynes 188 (c) amazed he isn’t playing origin this week, great score, great fantasy points accumulator and great sharks attack (against a shit dragons team) easiest bet of the week captaining him

Manu 57, saw on the highlights he got a flashy assist and nice try, good for him, no real other comments other than I’m holding him til seasons end

Talakai 62, Thursday started off great with Talakai back to his best, im a fiend for the left attack of sharks and this is what I’ve wanted from my POD, when he doesn’t get attacking stats he has enough base to do ok, but when the sharks and he are on, I love him in fantasy, and think he’s very underrated in the NRL fandom

CNK 31, can cop this score, he’s a try hard and he’ll be back, holding him til seasons end

Tedesco 62, didn’t see the game, roosters lost again, they might be out of contention for finals soon, great score from teddy though, right now I think I will hold him but need to do analysis and watch him closely

Drink water 101, wtaf was that from the tigers, I expected a big cows win but they must be so embarrassing, this guy is such an attacking threat and has had hands in everything good for cows over last few weeks, they just could not or would not tackle him

Interchange

Liddle 35, ok score in a meh team, think I will end up holding Boyd and robson as my hookers so will look to trade him out soon

Boyd 48, titans still have a chance of finals this year and they play good footy, his goal kicking and kick metres are good base, have had him all year and most likely will remain

Ponga 92, saw the highlights, was running the show, awful from the dogs, think I will be holding ponga, and will embrace the ceiling and basement scores, (most likely by loop and fixture choice)

Crossland 71, didn’t see the game, but from the highlights he looked in great touch, unfortunately he’s leaving my side this week, I hope I won’t regret that

Emergency

Bula 15, holding him this week for bye coverage then he’s first out

Hopgood, simonson, ofahengue DNP

Team for this week is

Liddle/Boyd
    Tapine, ofahengue, Hopgood
    Wilton, Ford
    SJ, Hynes (c)
    Talakai, Simonsson
    Montoya, CNK, Bula

Boyd is going to hooker of SJ plays, if not he’ll cover HLF,

Joe ofahengue has been a poor trade in terms of the scores and minutes he gets so hope he gets more game time this week

Trades crossland to Montoya, to bank cash, complete 13 this week and hold Montoya as dual cover down track as I will run light on trades later in year

This year has been a crazy run so far, when I’m back in uk I’ll break down my overall rank which has been a mind fuck

Thanks for reading and back to watching all the games this weekend

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:43 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Where's da phucking write-up?

Rant

Still catching up on the games?

Done my best 🤣

Enjoy
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:47 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

Done my best 🤣

Enjoy

Thanks mate cheer Killer week and hopefully go well with 13 this week. I wish I had CNK to fill a WFB spot with Bula, but might be too pricey for my planned trades now. The other WFB spot is kind of a dart throw and I'm sure whoever I choose would score crap, so I'm gonna pass and just play 11. Kris and Kiraz were on my radar, but both looking kinda busted and Kris burned you already. Munro cheap, but could be gone again and doesn't play next week anyway. Averillo much the same as Montoya, but on a worse team. Sione Katoa about the same too, so can't really fault the punt on Montoya. Hopefully goes well and should be a pretty big POD.

I thought a loop with Jo Ofa could be possible where you pivot to a gun forward if he scores poorly, but looks like only Preston plays later and would require a red dot EDG to work I think, and cash, so probably just have to hope for the best.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:25 pm

Aye I’ve made my Joe ofa bed and will have to lie in it, he’s probably just gonna be a poor scoring, cheap player in my emergency’s perennially now

He’s too cheap to swap for someone else

Pleased I’ve got 13 with all the carnage

Dave fifita comes in next week for someone and takes most my bank, but he’s been so good this year he’s the one I want
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:48 pm

Great week and you should hopefully get close to the top 1k this week 13 on the park... especially if SJ out.

You seem to either have amazing, top-100 weeks or be absolutely nowhere, with not much in between. Makes things interesting, I guess...
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:28 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Great week and you should hopefully get close to the top 1k this week 13 on the park... especially if SJ out.

You seem to either have amazing, top-100 weeks or be absolutely nowhere, with not much in between. Makes things interesting, I guess...

I do it’s actually redonk, I’ll do a post next week with all my round ranks

It’s because I have some pods and if they hit I go sweet but when the more highly owned equivalent beats them I fall

A few weeks ago top 1k was my plan, so we’ll see where I end up

Last year I used all extra trades straight away and was screwed so still gonna be
    Conservative, duals woth job security so I can keep playing a full team
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:33 pm

I think your strategy over the bye rounds has been very sound, and it's paying dividends now. Even taking into consideration your "bad" rounds, knocking on the door of the top 1000 coming into R19/20 is quite the achievement.

As for Montoya, I actually hadn't considered him as an option... and I don't hate it. Warm body for this week and deal with the bye later on I say
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:02 am

StuDogg101 wrote:I think your strategy over the bye rounds has been very sound, and it's paying dividends now. Even taking into consideration your "bad" rounds, knocking on the door of the top 1000 coming into R19/20 is quite the achievement.

As for Montoya, I actually hadn't considered him as an option... and I don't hate it. Warm body for this week and deal with the bye later on I say

Cheers Stu, been somewhat fortunate with injuries and what not, but the key thing has been dual players and covering byes

Players like Ford and simonsen have really performed and covered themselves in glory
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:24 pm

Bro I hope you did end up going Montoya, cuz I did!
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:25 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:Bro I hope you did end up going Montoya, cuz I did!

I did
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:32 pm

Round 19 Review, Score 771 Rd rank 344

Overall Rank 967 Prev 1474

Another good week and cracked the top 1k for the first time, I guess i can officially start looking at YAFSS. My one trade cashout from CRossland to Montoya worked out great with warriors dusting a weakened parra and him grabbing two meatys. Has been a crazy run going from 10,000th in round 12 to top 1k in round 20.

Quick breakdown of my rank and rd rank for the last few rounds, as rhino suggested I have had some astoundingly good rounds and some terrible ones, its a rollercoaster, will do a review and mention some future plans below

Round 12, Rank 10956, Rd Rank 33018
    Round 13, Rank 5956, Rd Rank 2391
    Round 14, Rank 3400, Rd Rank 137
    Round 15, Rank 4300, Rd Rank 26551
    Round 16, Rank 2871, Rd Rank 1005
    Round 17, Rank 2510, Rd Rank 3795
    Round 18, Rank 1474, Rd Rank 47
    Round 19, Rank 967,  Rd Rank 344

Weekly Review

Boyd 40 lower score from tannah, and i backed him to beat liddles 46, so cost me 6 points overall, no harm, but I'd like to see boyd bounce back to one of his bigger scores this week.

Hopgood 58 very impressive score in a team that got mauled, seems to have settled into his role now, in a hugely oversubscribed pack, few less attacking stats, but extra tackles, I have been thinking about my long term view of him, but with him so highly owned in the top 1k, it would be stupid to antipod him.

Ofahengue 33 cant argue with 33 points in 34 minutes, I think he was likely to play a bit further on but he got injured in an awkward tackle, he continues to haemorrage money and i think i'm pretty stuck with him, but if he stays in my emergencies its no bother, i chose him for the awkward bye rounds and hes added a couple of points every time

Tapine 69 69 points in 55 minutes was great, I had always planned to trade him out in this round, but now I'm unsure what to do. Will this continue, will he drop back to the 40's and 50's he was getting before, he did score a huge point try in this one which definitely added to the score, I will bethinking about this one all week, as he is my easiest path to fifta

Wilton 48 second week of 48 in a row for him, hes so consistent, I said last week I was hoping for some attacking stats, and unfortunately he continues to be the dummy runner, still Ive no problem holding a guy who averages 40+ on a bad day, and has the ability to score much higher

Ford 57 58,61 and 57 in his last 3 since he got a 26. Webster seems to love him as he keeps getting 80 mins, hes tidied up his errors and missed tackles which is making his score better than it has been, I currently have 4 warriors and am aware they have a bye in 22, but I think i am planning to hold him as his draw is good both pre and post bye with plenty of games in NZ.

SJ 67 was super pleased he made the game, decent score from him, lots of base in tackles and kicks, and he looks at comfort with his game, holding him to the end, as I'm high on the warriors end of season charge

HYnes 164 (c) 88,94,82 in his last 3, just an effortless point scorer, they have a pretty tough run coming up, but with his high ownership he will continue to be a great player and my first choice capt

Simmonsson 43 great score in a team that was so soundly beating, as a centre in games over 70 mins he's averaging 45.4, a try a game and 4.8 tb a game. In such good form as that left centre, and when parra are at full strength he gives me a selection headache as I hold manu and talakai for those spots.

Talakai 68 1.52% owned in the top 5000, he's finally done his POD job, in the last two games, having thought about my centres, there is a chance I lose him, as the sharks have a tough run, NZ(a), Manly, Penith (a) and Rabbitohs (a), they are a bit of bully against the crap teams and proved harder against their top 8 foes, we shall see, because he is one of my faves

CNK 27 two low ones in a row for CNK, i am officially worried, hes a gun player but its not transferring to fantasy points, my plan was to hold him all season, but its got me rethinking, I can't look further than that last 5 game run of titans, tigers, manly, dragons, dolphins with 3 of them in NZ.

Montoya 66 was deciding between montoya and munro as the cash down for crossland, and it came down to job security and dual over extra cash of munro. I forsee myself running out of trades before seasons end and so to be able to select montoya in either ctr or wfb and a know hes going to be selected for warriors and b has a high ceiiling made him the choice, he had a great game this weekend and the left side attack looks a lot better with metclaf pulling the strings now

Bula 31 held bula until this round as I needed him, but since api, brooks injuries and the tigers went off form i'd soured on the idea of keeping him, I have lots of WFB and need to trade some out, so I will say thank you to him for the excitement and the cash generation, but its time to go

INterchange

Liddle 46 good performance and points from liddle, I dont envisage keeping him, but he may stick around as hes not a big enough asset to trade out

DNP - robson, ponga, tedesco, drinkwater, NAS, Horsburgh, Manu

So my team for RD 20 before trades is as follows (bolded the ones I intend to keep)

Robson
    Hopgood NAS Ofahengue
    Wilton Ford
    Hynes SJ
    Talakai Manu
    Drinkwater Tedesco Ponga

Interchange

Simonsson, Boyd Bula, CNK

Montoya, (Tapine, HOrsbruh, Liddle, red dots)

as you can see this week is not the strongest looking 14-17,

Bula is going out, most likely for David fifita, but that eats into almost all of my 328k bank

I am very keen on murray as a POD after this week for the run home.

Tedesco/manu/talakai are all people I'm not sure I need

but I'm also reticent to make trades willy nily because of the limited nature of them

and example I could do is tapine out for fifta, Bula out for a cash down,
    next week tedesco for murray to sure up the mids,

anyway thanks for reading and all thoughts welcomed.

my team name is GAZ ELLIS IS MY DAD if you want to look at anything further in the footystas website

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:12 pm