NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 10 Empty Re: GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:01 pm

Ando wrote:

Turpin doesn't provide any cover as he has the same byes as Robson. Liddle's coverage works better for Robson. Liddle should be a better scorer too if he stays fit.

Good looking out, I’ll do more research

Appreciate
    Ando
    Ando

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 10 Empty Re: GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

Post by Ando Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:05 pm

@GarethEllisismydad Didn’t realise I was playing you in the H2H this week, what did you end up going with? Liddle?
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:25 pm

Ando wrote:@GarethEllisismydad Didn’t realise I was playing you in the H2H this week, what did you end up going with? Liddle?

Liddle mate
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:09 pm

Ando wrote:@GarethEllisismydad Didn’t realise I was playing you in the H2H this week, what did you end up going with? Liddle?

A hollow victory with the cleary and jdb injuries
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:02 pm

Round 14 Review, Score 935 Rd rank 137

Overall Rank 3400 Prev 5956

stupendously good week in terms of rd rank and places gained, funnily enough i didnt think things were going all that well, as the weekend went by, but i guess i avoided the biggest donuts, and my POD players must have done above average, full review below

overall rank after rd 12 10956,
    overall rank after rd 13 5956,
    overall rank after rd 14 3400,

trades were Jack bird out for talakai and kris out for liddle

Robson 55 firstly it was an excellent performance from robbo and from the cows, he was unfortunate not to get any attacking stats, but a very good score, he's back in the money making, and although hes on the bye this week, I have plenty of hooker options to cover him.

Tatola 37 slightly lower score for tevita, but thats due to the amount of points that were scored in this game, ball not being in play and no grind doesnt suit a solid prop, I dont think I will get rid of him this week as there is still one more proce rise to get out of him, but I need to upgrade him and I need a mid that plays, 16, 17 and 19, I dont know who that is just yet, but with my limited trades left anyone I get their availability is the key factor in selection

Tapine 51 following up a 75 with a 51 is cool, playing 73 minutes at lock is awesome, but I feel a little bit aggreived that his PPM was way down on what I expect, that said if this role continues, he cleans up his MT and he rises for crokers 300th, I'm expecting a huge game this week

Horburgh 46 below average score for Corey, but he played great in real life, 44 tackles on the edge shows his work rate, however this week nothing attacking and didnt see much ball (signified by 54 run metres), I don't mind if he stays at edge, I am officially worried about origin selection though, with the injuries to gilbert and arrow, we will cross that bridge when we come to it

Wilton 50 stats for teig, average for 2023 in bracks, 39 tackles (37.2), metres 110 (123.3), so essentially a stock standard 50 from wilton, he even managed 50 with a HIA, I am offically worried about the amount of tigers and sharks I have for rd 17, so not sure If I lose him at that point, I may have no trades to even do anything about it at that point, but, for now I am enjoying him, and I love watching him play, just frustrated that cronulla are the opposite of clinical

Preston 53 if you sold him you jumped off too soon, and Hosking is now plummeting cash, and not playing 80 as I thought might happen, he's still averaging over 50, and he is as work aholic as teig, good fantasy player, enjoyable

Hynes 128 (c) guy was on fire in the first half, doing everything, then when cronulla rotate their forwards, they go to pot, and never gain it back, credit to brisbane, but cronulla are extremely frustrating, obviously in the wash captaining him over cleary (who i dont own) turned out to be a big winner, at some point in the week I had an outside hope he wouldnt play origin, now he will have a starring role, and I hope it goes good for him

SJ 95 amazing game from the warriors, and this was the perfect game from SJ, season high in tackles, season high in metres run, 2 tries, 5 goals, and he just looked at ease dominating, the outside backs go forward and the retiurn of a few big boppers really helped, they will absolutely be in the finals this year and they are a force, looking down the track I really like the warriors draw, so many winnable games in arow, with their hard matches coming at mount smart were they are a different beast

Talakai 33 190metres, try, try assistm line brek assit and 2 tackle breaks, must have scored well then? well no actually, a poor score for that return, 6 missed tackles was a disappointment, however he is absolutely one of my favorites to watch and one of the best attacks to watch, they create so much down the left, if ronaldo plays better i think there was more points for him, no panic, and lets hope he runs rioy vs melbourne this week

Manu 28 i said in the thread, im enjoying this game more pretending I don't own manu, i dont think he's playing well at 6, he might well still be injured, either way, his dual and his historic brilliance, I dont see myself trading him anytime soon, just hope he returns to form

CNK 39 so impressed by him again this week, sure he didnt get a huge fantasy score, but he played excellent, on another day this is a 60, not sure what the long term plan is, but I am happy to hold him for now, the warriors are great and playing excellent

Bula 61 wow, back to back 60's, back to back 240m games, 3 offloads, line breaks, another try, his size, speed, hands and workrate underpin his performances, so much potential, keep going mate, the cash money increase is a welcome touch too

Drinkwater 49 i'm greedy, his team scored 40+ points, I want more fantasy returns, but tbh he was great, cows looking better, after th wests debacle, try assisys, LBAs and tackle breaks for fun, i think I want to hold him til rd 18 and then maybe cash him out for 19, we will see what happens

Interchange

Boyd 46 awesome consistency from tannah, his breakeven has crept up a bit, and he will have to have a big game this week, but hes capable, and I plan on holing him a long time, gold coast byes end early, so with my lack of trades, I will prob hold him

tedesco 70 oh wow, brilliant return to form in the last few weeks, 4 tries in two ghames, 2  x 200m games, back to back 11 tackle breaks, playing like teen wolf, in a poor roosters team, long may it continue,

Liddle 42 the choice was between liddle and turpin, the money was about 100k, but with my lack of trades I figured liddle was the better long term prospect and had an attacking upside, what I did not want was a 50 minute performance, considering he'd played 73 the week before, his breakeven was low so he made money and it is also low this week, I'd enjoy it if he got more minutes, but we shall see

Ford 52 him wilton and preston, are so consistent and overlooked, he picked a good week to only have one TB, that dual is golden, and the warriors are a great team, 80 minutes again, i'm happy, and buoyed I brought him back

Emergencys

Oloapu 32 randomly his best score for the year, im not thinking hes good, or wanting to play him, but he's making a bit of cash every week, and Iit is what it is

Ponga BYE
    Hopgood BYE
    Crossland BYE

Overall I am ecstatic at the week, lovely to see it turn around,

No trades this week, I can field a strong 17 with my cowboys on a bye

side for 15 is

Liddle
    Tatola, Tapine, Horburgh
    Wilton, Preston
    Hynes (c), SJ
    Talakai, Manu,
    CNK, Bula, Tedesco,

Boyd, Ponga, Ford, Hopgood,

Oloapu, Crossland, Drinkwater (Bye), Robson (Bye)

below is my future team planning, there are hurdles and pitfalls to avoid as I only have 5 trades and 57k until rd 20, looks to me like players who play both round 16 and 17 are the premium targets, and if they can play MID that would be good too

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 10 Future11
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:13 pm

Eels are the only team playing 16, 17, 19 so Matterson is the only option if fit

You could move Hopgood to MID but the main options of IPap/Bateman would just add to your R17 woes
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:40 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

A hollow victory with the cleary and jdb injuries

Yeah the injuries hurt this week, upwards and onwards!
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:40 am

Been enjoying watching your progress this season after the rough start. Your team looks pretty set for the next wee while at least, even if you run short in 16 I think any numbers 10 or above will be enough to gain ranks. With 5 years your options are limited anyway so maybe just get players you want and to hell with the byes lol
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:30 am

StuDogg101 wrote:Been enjoying watching your progress this season after the rough start. Your team looks pretty set for the next wee while at least, even if you run short in 16 I think any numbers 10 or above will be enough to gain ranks. With 5 years your options are limited anyway so maybe just get players you want and to hell with the byes lol

cheers stu, been doing some intensive planning, so I think i should be able to cover all the byes, 17 and 19

however I am fully aware of the folly of planning when suspensions and injuries can happen at anytime

no trades this week and asses the lay of the land the week after
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:44 pm

Round 15 Review, Score 952 Rd rank 26551

Overall Rank 4300 Prev 3400

Mr consistency, round rank last week was 137, this week 26,000th, that said, it was an exceptionally high scoring week and I held none of the big scorers

No Trades last week as I was settled ready for the shortened week and byes needed.

Full review below

Liddle 47 another passale score from liddle, but with 76 mins played and a try, you want a little more, below his average in run metres, had the choice of him or turpin 2 weeks back on evidence so far I made the wrong choice, that said not gutted about it,

Tapine 40 positive the 3rd week in a row he has played over 60 minutes, the disappointment is its a very poor score for his time on the pitch, definitely been underwhelming all year, but i have no plan to trde him just yet, mainly due to my limited trade numbers

Tatola 43 more money gained another very solid score, hes been consistent, but as ive said every week, he has a low ceiling, so I have appreciated what hes done and the money hes made, but thats enough

Horsburgh 66 what a stud, another big minute high point scoring game, biggest tackle count of the year and 126 metres, long may it continue and I will be holding him

Wilton 43 second week in a row he has failed to complete 80 mins, 43 wuith a try was not a good score, and furthermore he is one of my POD, which makes the score even more annoying, i'm not sure what to do with him, and he might be a trade out, the left side of cronulla is porous in defence and he is as culpable as any, hope he goes good against bulldogs this week and it may be the end of our runtogether

Preston 65 MR consistent with another big score, he had a huge running game clocking 193 metres for a season high, side note bulldogs are not very good, so I'm glad hes my only bulldogs player

Hynes 124 (c) one of the worse 62s ever, so lucky with a few of his offloads, one bonus of his bad performance is that he missed origin call up, will captain him again this week, and holding all season, cronulla need to improve their defence if they are any chance of impacting finals, lets hope for a huge game this week against the lowly bulldogs

SJ 75 what a performance from the NZ warriors, respect to SJ for coming back on after what I would have deemed a cat 1 KO, and then that intercept was the icing on the cake, long may it continue, planning to hold SJ as long as

Talakai 31 another of my POD fails, in fairness 31 in the team that got hammered wasnt atrocious, one thing I do like about talakai is his average Tb (3.3) and MG (177.5), so he always has base etc, ive gambled on cronulla being decent over this period so hope he rips up against the bulldogs this week

Manu 39 not a terrible centre score, but not what we were promised from manu at 6, lets see how he goes at fb this week, Id enjoy a points fest (side not roosters are hopeless)

CNK 56 my word he is fun to watch, what a legend, tries so hard, warriors absolutely great to watch, not sure if i am holding him long term, but since ive traded him in hes gone great and hes absolutely great to watchm the workrate is phenomenol

Bula 61 wowzers, that try and the big fend on Tino, everyweek he does something exceptional that scores him huge fantasy points, its extremely welcome and encouraging, his effective ownership is huge so it would only hurt if i didnt own him, last 3 games, over 60 fantasy points, one try per game, over 220 MG, and a smattering of TB and OFH, long may it continue

Tedesco 51 awesome try where he beat god knows how many players, good points scored in a team that got smashed, roosters are not good, but he's defiitely returned to some form personally

Interchange

Boyd 65 first time ive watched him and thought he played class, normally he scores pretty well and I'm like cool, that was good, but this time the titans impressed me, and so did boyd, been going great and his dual will prove useful, with robson now an origin number

Hopgood 49 few more offloads please hoppy, still not a bad score and his bye coverage and dual is his main reason I have him, hope he does well and maintian's his price (or gains) so i can flip him to someone after round 20

Ford 26 the week before i was loving him , this week I could murder him, ive made my bed and I will lie in it, warriors are a good team and hes a hard worker, i might have to trade him for my mental health of watching him! ahah

Ponga 71 had ponga in a loop with oloapu as the other option in case he got concussed or sh1t the bed, but i need not worry, an excellent performance from ponga, his battle with walsh was excellent, i do enjoy the knights and this was a fun game to watch

Emergency

Crossland 26 80 mins and 43 tackles, woo hoo, but 8 missed tackles and only 8 run metres, not good, would iit hurt him to do something else, with robson's ill timed call up I am going to play him this week, hope he can sneak into the 40's rather than this sort of performance, I will be trading him to a cash out/extra rd 19 number in a few rounds, maybe he makes some more money, maybe he doesnt, I just want to enjoy the knights game without him in my scoring 17

oloapu 56 one spectacular play accounted for a lot of his points, he also racked up a lot of tackles, enjoy watching him, hes been a fruitful cashout and now I will move him on.

Drinkwater, Robson both on Byes

Ive already made two trades this week, to increase my rd 16 numbers,

Tatola to Nas
    CNK to Bailey Simoonsson

Nas has an upside that Tatola doesnt as is available for the next two rounds,
    Simonsson covers 16, 17, and 19 in both wfb and Ctr, so I need him to ensure I have a ctr as manu and talakai both have byes in that period,
    I am seriously considering Oloapu out for Joe Ofahengue, as an extra number for 16,17 and 19 in the tricky mid position, this would be a gamble, as he is a fallen gun who has only played 19 minutes for parra thus far, and is named on the bench this week, however i suspectr he will be named to start and can bosh out 40 mins or so, i am low on trades so this could go spectacularly wrong or glouriuosly well, I'm unsure and might wait to see what shenanigans brad arthur pulls on saturday

below is the Footy statistics trade planner with trades outlined above, it still marks ofahengue as a west tigers player, but these trades give me full numbers, for the next few rounds

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 10 Future12
    GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 10 Future12

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:46 pm

team for 16

Crossland
    Nas, Hopgood, Ofahengue
    Wilton, Preston
    Hynes (c) Ponga
    Talakai, Simonsson
    Manu, Bula, Drinkwater

DNP Boyd, Tapine, Ford, Tedesco, Sj, Liddle, Horsburgh, Robson
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:54 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:team for 16

Crossland
    Nas, Hopgood, Ofahengue
    Wilton, Preston
    Hynes (c) Ponga
    Talakai, Simonsson
    Manu, Bula, Drinkwater

Couple of POD's in there Gaz and should easily field 17 next week, best of luck!
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:56 pm

Ando wrote:

Couple of POD's in there Gaz and should easily field 17 next week, best of luck!

Cheers mate!
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:37 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:team for 16

Crossland
    Nas, Hopgood, Ofahengue
    Wilton, Preston
    Hynes (c) Ponga
    Talakai, Simonsson
    Manu, Bula, Drinkwater

Great team for the round! May the rank rises commence
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:02 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:

Great team for the round! May the rank rises commence

Fingers crossed
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:51 pm

Round 16 Review, Score 801 Rd rank 1005

Overall Rank 2871 Prev 4300

Good week for me, with a decent rank rise, played 13 players, though all of the trades didnt work out exactly as planned, was fortunate to have the big scorers of the week, hopgood, manu, hynes and ponga

full review below and future plans

Crossland 39 satisfactory score from phoneix in the role he plays, 76 mins and 47 tackles, be great if he could get a couple of other stats, but hes done his jobm hes made me a bit of cash since I boight him in, and I'll be trading him, probably a cash down in the coming weeks, as HLf and Hooker i have covered,

Hopgood 81 nice return to a big score for him, played excellently, good metres offloads and tackles and a lovely big point try, 88% owned in the top 5000, should be 100 tbh

NAS 31 so i traded a reliable if uninspiring tatola who guarantees 40 points to an edge playing NAS, my word i was disappointed in him, fair enough he managed to get 31 which wasnt disasterous, but he looked all at sea on the edge, perennial decoy, missed tackles, constantly tired with hands onm hip, If i was bellamy i wouldnt be persisting with him on the edge, or i would inject him after some time, I have less trades than i would like so I'm stuck with him for the next two games, hopefully he goes a bit better, will probably be one of my first traded out in rd 20 (id have been better off paying up for butcher or sorenson)

Ofahengue 24 24 points in 30 minutes was pretyy good, he made 17 tackles and ran 96 metres, my main reason for jumping on was the extra number and future rounds, when leota was ruled out I almost went for Lindsay smith instead who looks a real prospect, however I have no real idea on his JS and rotation in the future, same could be said for big Joe, if he gets back to his big mins and big scores itll be genius, if he doesnt well it will be what it is, await TLT to see him named starting I hope! (the one ssilver lining is he was traded in for oloapu and to that degree i gained some points)

Wilton 54 so pleased he played 80 mins, ball didnt find him that often in attack as sharks were tearing through the middle at will, but pleased he got his try, solid workrate as ever, good score, very happy

Preston 49 no attacking stats for preston today but great number is defebce, 43 tackles, with a Turn over, still a great workhorse, he plays in a terrible team, who i dont see getting much better before seasons end,

HYnes 176 (c) hes just a points machine, a half that likes to throw the last pass, had his best running game for the season and he has the ability to stand in tackles and offload that is very pleasing from a fantasy points accumulating stance, keep it up nicho, enjoy your bye, still holding

Ponga 71 back to back 71's, is remarkable, looked excellent in attack, really pleased to see him regain his form, have a soft spot for the knights, after rd 19 they have 5of 8 games at home, where i do rate the knights, gonna be holding now I think, unless something dramtically changes

Talakai 24 this POD has not worked out, i was actually off my seat when he dropped it with the line in front of him an no defenders, also his normal slick draw and pass game malfunctioned afew times, and the ball evaded him in their shifts left, such a shame, his charges from the back do ensure a decent base, but I would like to see him getting hold of it a bit more, after the bye they have the drgaons and tigers, so I'll hold him for those games, unsure what I'll do from rd 20 onwards but tbh spending more trades on ctrs doesnt appeal massively

Simonsson 60 now this was a POD play that did work, Id be very impressed with bailey since hes been at centre, he has a kiraz like ability to TB and offload, and he runs as hard as he can, 2 tries and over 200m, very pleasing, his dual is supoer important in my planning to cover rd 19 among others, keep at it mate, and i hope there are some opportunities against the dolphins in the next game. (such a good feeling when a trade works out)

Manu 99 if he played fb for team he'd be the best fantasy player ever, what a performance, 318m, try, try save, 5 offloads, and a smattering of other points, majority of people had him, so its whatever, but still phenomenal, one thing I will say is that last week i was complaining he looked slow, well he certainly didnt this week.

Bula 36 not a terrible score for a team that got dominated, still got himself some tackle breaks and 200m, i'm not certain hes a keeper, especially with tigers looking out of sorts, but I'll hold him til rd 19 at least when wfb are at a premium

DRinkwater 57 hes been on a redhot streak of try involvements and that last play was out of this world, it saved what would have been a pretty average score, all told, hes a great player and a bit of an attacking weapon, think hes a hold for me for now, is he a season keeper at wfb? he might have to be for lack of trades tbh

DNP

Boyd, Tapine, Horse, Ford, Tedsco, Johnson, Liddle, Robson

THe team for next week as it stands is

Robson
    Horburgh, Nas, Tapine,
    Hopgood, Ford,
    Sj (c) Boyd
    Manu, Simonsson
    Ponga, Tedesco, Drinkwater

Liddle, Ofahengue, Crossland, XXXX

DNP - Bula, Preston, Hynes, Wilton, Talakai,

so i am relying on tedesco and Robson to make it through origin,

and also I need to sacrifice either Preston or Wilton to someone who covers either wfb or ctr in rd 19 but also can play on my interchange this week,

then with my last trade, I will go for someone who plays wfb or centre depending on which position I need after rd 18 to complete 13 scorers in rd 19

with the limited trades and the lack of flexibility , i need someone who can do an ok job for the future so and has dual, so I think i'll be getting lemelu,

but i will see how origin shakes and what happens with TLT,

hopefully most people are in a similar boat for this round, the sooner i can stop having crossland in my scoring 17 the better, though at least he is getting the role i want and scoring decent base

comments, suggestions and what no all welcomed,

aiming to get in top 1000, by seasons end, but any injuries or suspensions in this period will definitely leave me one player down for a round at least,

next year treat trades witha bit more respect, early on

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:02 pm

Risky business trying to navigate the next few weeks with 2 trades but hopefully you manage it and then come out swinging post byes. I also jumped on the Simonsson wagon this week and was very happy, NAS on the other hand not so flash.

Lemuelu seems like the sensible option with a decent role and job security going forward
    Brimson could be a cheap and fun punt. DPP WFB/HLF could be useful someday
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:00 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Risky business trying to navigate the next few weeks with 2 trades but hopefully you manage it and then come out swinging post byes. I also jumped on the Simonsson wagon this week and was very happy, NAS on the other hand not so flash.

Lemuelu seems like the sensible option with a decent role and job security going forward
    Brimson could be a cheap and fun punt. DPP WFB/HLF could be useful someday

unfortunately playing the hand i've been given, (or the corner ive backed myself into lol)

I do need a lot to go my way, in terms of injury and suspension, fingers crossed

appreciate the comments
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:23 pm

Lemmy now benched, can you stretch to Bird instead?

I'm doing the same with my final trade, holding until Pre-RD19 for a WFB.

In the Wilton or Preston debate I'd lean towards Wilton out. Seems to have the lower floor of the 2.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:27 pm

Ando wrote:Lemmy now benched, can you stretch to Bird instead?

I'm doing the same with my final trade, holding until Pre-RD19 for a WFB.

In the Wilton or Preston debate I'd lean towards Wilton out. Seems to have the lower floor of the 2.

Cheers for the comment,

Feel gutted to choose between Preston and Wilton has them from rd 1 and rd 2 respectively

Will do a detailed breakdown in here post origin, (mind not made up just yet)

I’m worried about bird coming back from injury as I got on him late and then he did me over, however as you say lemelu is not the one now

Lots of decisions on Thursday

Have 49k in bank and then one of Wilton or Preston out so should be able to afford bird if needs be

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:42 pm