NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 5 Empty Re: GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:59 pm

Ando wrote:Not sure if it's wise to trade out your main captaincy option this week in Murray. My main concern with captaining Hopgood is his missed tackles which can really kill his score as we saw RD3.

People thinking he plays 80 mins this week because Paulo is back I'm not too sure. Matterson will start on an edge and move to the middle. I think Doorey plays more minutes this week after his knee injury.

Is there no way you can keep Murray this week because you'll still have the same predicament next week with Hynes on the bye.

hi mate, murray is gone im afraid, hes been under performing for his price and I can get his points elsewhere, eg hopgood, hes leaving for two scorers this week, who go straight into 1-17

I know he'll continue to score well, and average high, but if given the choice right now I dont think hes worth 800k + or what I paid for him, I might be breaking a cardinal rule of fantasy, but i'll deal with it

i often play a bit of captain roulette and in two gameweeks itll be on hynes, hopefully the fantasy gods smile on me this week

cheers for the comment

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 5 Empty Re: GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:22 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:rd 5 team

Korosiau
    Carrigan, Hopgood, Tapine
    Wilton, Hosking
    Reynolds, S Johnson
    Alamoti, Staggs
    Miller, Turbo, Walsh

Ford, Preston, Utoikamanu, (Boyd red dot)
    Doorey, HSS, Warbick, Perham,

My question is who to captain?
    Perham plays last game so I will have a look at doorey score, but most likely it play perham at last spot in interchange

Think you should have Warbrick in 18. He's far more likely to go large than Doorey. Bring in Perham if you don't like his score.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:49 pm

When you’re right, you’re right!
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:08 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:When you’re right, you’re right!

I hope you having nothing put 50 pointers for the rest of the week
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:49 pm

Ando wrote:

I hope you having nothing put 50 pointers for the rest of the week

Getting rightly punished
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:06 pm

Round 5 Review Points 929

Overall Rank 9927 (prev rank 6586)

The second week in a row of plummeting Rank, and a below par score, however another week where I am not too despondent,

Firstly what a weekend of footy, if fantasy gets in your way of the enjoyment of NRL, then youre doing it wrong because there were some spectacular games and finales to matches

Trades Cam Murray and Brayden Trindall out for Hosking and Sean Johnson, so honestly watching murray dominate like he was supposed to from round one on friday was a kick in the teeth, I did say when trading him that I knew eventually he would "punish" me by scoring a 90, it just didnt have to be so immediate, but I am actually very happy with this weeks trades from an overall theory, firstly it netted me more points, 2ndly I didnt have a half and now I have a gun one in Sj, 3rdly I have hosking who I expect to be a keeper edge and is primed to make alot of money in a relatively short space of time, so I know when all is balanced out I made a good trade, one keeper to possibly 2,

TEAM REVIEW

Korosiau 27 Simpkins return to the bench was never gonna be good for api, playing the broncos was gonna be difficult, playing for the worst team in the comp was gonna be hard, amazingly no missed tackles this week, but still rubbish, he either becomes brailey this week to take advantage of his solid scores and decent bye round or i run boyd at hooker, unsure yet but no more Api for me, hes not gonna be passable as a fantasy player this year

Carrigan 35 a very disappointing one, was loving the start of the game when he decided to start offloading, but he spent too long on the pine and with such a onesided game didnt have to make many tackles, an abberation in his scoring, but esepcially annoying when payne was ripping it up

Hopgood 51 decent enough score from Hopgoat, i still don't think we have an accurate idea what he will be in fanatsy, in terms of his minutes, running style, expected offloads, or how much he will average. I expect this will be about what we should expect, meaning hes just a tier below true elite players, if brad athur could remind him how effective an offloadeer he is that would be good

Tapine 48 the raiders are bad, tapine is good, but witha lack of possession and the time spent watching nathan convert tries was hard for him to get a good score, still contributed a couple of offloads to save his score, I don't see canberra improving this year at all, so I wonder what will become of Tapine, no immediate plans to shelve him as I look down the track to origin and the middle bye rounds but I havent been enthused by him all year

Wilton 45 he got his Try this week, but unfotunatly that coincided with way less tackles and runs, sharks are a funny one, I predicted them to win it all but I cannot see them doing so with such poor defence. He runs a lot of straight line and the ball avoids him, whereas nikora on the other side is used and finds the gaps, still Ive been very happy with wilton all year and no reason to panic, I see a hug score one week from him soon,

Hosking 59 be interested to know how many people brought him in this week, a lot less tackling to do this week, but did what I like from back rowers, ran a hard line often, evcentually got his rewards crashing over, great score, plenty of money made and a low break even for next week, lets ride this for as long as ivan selects him

Reynolds 53 ok score, had a good game, Ive no real complaints but he didnt blow my socks off, not that he ever should I suppose, wests were that bad that he didnt have many base points, after SJ's performance this week, its reynolds that will most likely make way for Hynes in round 7, so it could be his last hurrah against canberra this week, hopefully he goes out with a Big one

SJ 89 Amaxzing game, playing for a gutsy reborn team, scored everywhere, looked awesome, won them the match, congrats mate, very pleased I bought him in as he's no doubt risen in price yet again, must congratulate those on him early, not much more to say, great stuff

Alamoti 47 in real life for a 19 year old he shows some very nice touches and impressed me, for fantasy he picks up nice points all over, one of the better base price players and he will continue to play for me, I do think bulldogs can improve, so when they do he might even rack up a few more attcking stats, that try assist today showed what nice hands he has

Staggs 28 just when he was off my shit list, he goes and gets a two try 28 point disgrace of a game! indulge me, if I said you can buty a centre for 529k and after 5 rounds he would have 6 tries and average 127m and 2.5 tackle breaks you would be happy, if I look at his 39.4 average this year its good, If i think that his team is 5 wins zero losses, youd be happy, but I'm not, he is my POD, he should be killing it, Ive made my broncos bed, with the locyer pillow cases and the corey parker poster on the wall, so I will cheer him on against the raiders again this week, but that amount of points is very frustrating

Miller 71 well he totally redeemed himself from that shocker from oluakuta try, 13 tackle breaks, 282 running metres, guy is all action, all work rate, all desire, the knights have a good one, and we all have a great fantasy FB

Trbojevic 56 good score with no tries from Tom, I'm huge on getting fantasy players with an appetite to work hard, and this guy absolutely puts it in, the amount of extra touches he has compared to other superstar fullbacks (mitchell) is astounding, I'm enjoying owning him and would hate to watch manly not owning him, has a fairly tough run of games coming up but manly have points in them and he'll be around it when they do

Walsh 108 (c) so I didnt announce it on the forum, just because I already had enough scrutiny on my love affair with reece, but I did captain the boy wonder, another great performance and another near miss, broncos had it too easy if anything and took the foot of the gas, they also failed to be clinical. If i didnt own him I would hate watching him play, he sniffs out every chance and is so electric and skilful, the big score is around the corner, dont say I havent warned you

Interchange

Ford 43 just love watching my players make multiple tackles in one set, 80 mins again, 31 tackles, the odd error, but for the price hes great, if he continues to score and play like this I'll be happy

Preston 82 how can it be that this is only his 5th game in first grade, 47 tackles , 2 tries and 116 metres, bulldogs have a good one and anyone who has paid attention has him in already, gus was right, future leader, hope his injury doesnt keep him out next week, they need him

Perham 47 his best score for the season, and a welcome bonus of points, I wasnt impressed by him in real life, and if I was the bulldogs Id definitley play averillo at FB, but he is a decent runner, solid under the high ball and has good work rate, he got this score despite any attacking stats so that isnt bad for a fantasy player

Utoikamanu 40 started on the bench and played less minutes, I am seriously considering cashing him out, mainly because I dont believe he is gonna do much more than he is, the tigers are an atrocious team, and their only strength is middles, so he is in the fight for his life with minutes, my only problem is there might not be many other mids around, but i see a low score in his future and i want to maximise his gains so i have the bank for hynes in two rounds

Emergency

Warbrick 33 took his try well, happy to keep him on emergencies, he has a low break even so he will make a little more cash, and hes never in danger of playing for me, as I have what I believe is the best back 3, and an able deputy in perham, will look to forum advice as to when to cash him down, think he plays well enough that his job secuirty remains,

HSS 4 my centre cover I pray I never need, he might ened up dropped by raiders tbh, crap score, and not making money, pretty useless in fantasy terms, not much better in real life

doorey 30 he actually has impressed me in real life as a impact player, i believe lane is back imminently so I could see him not being selected, I have lots of edges, so I'll happily trade him away for the next cashcow if needs be, cant fault 30 points in 36 mins, good on him

Boyd (bye) Titans bye round, be interested to see if hes named on the left next week, and also if I decide to run with just him at hooker,

Overall it must go down as a bad week, as I went down in ranks, however there are things I really like about my team, mainly that back 3, points galore,
    The obvious reason I am sliding is no cleary or hynes, which will be rectified in round 7, it seems foolhardy to get rid of reynolds when he is playing the atrocious raiders this week,

scores in the twenties from koro and staggs also rained on my parade, but alot to like,

Id be lying if I didnt enjoy seeing a few of the highly owned players I dont have finally coming unstuck,

Plans for this week are ditch Koro, for most likely brailey, but i'll be on the look out for some cash downs when TLT comes around.

Any comments, critsicms etc are more than welcomed,

after two weeks sliding, I hope to bounce back with a big one this week!!

Thanks for reading, Gaz
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:12 am

Always an enjoyable & insightful read on Monday morning. Surprised

Also, I have no doubt that your climb back up the ranks begins this round, especially against any team that brought in Hynes, but don’t have a SJ or ARey to fall back on this week.
    Stylebender
    Stylebender

Post by Stylebender Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:40 am

Appreciate you giving me something to read while getting paid shitting on company time.

Fully agreed re the weekend of footy. I was telling a mate yesterday, this has been the most enjoyable season for the last few years IMO. Some absolutely cracking games and we're only 5 weeks in.

We have the same back 3 so I can definitely relate there. Love the Captain Reece play. Huge testicles. Didn't pay off massively this week but 54 is definitely serviceable. How good is our boy to watch? I actually secured his game worn jersey from the weekend. Over the moon with that.

Koro to Brailey and picking up an uber gun captain (Nicho in R7) will change your team massively. Keep it up champ, bright days ahead.

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:54 am

ForanAgainst wrote:Always an enjoyable & insightful read on Monday morning. Surprised

Also, I have no doubt that your climb back up the ranks begins this round, especially against any team that brought in Hynes, but don’t have a SJ or ARey to fall back on this week.

Cheers for the kind words and encouragement
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:56 am

Stylebender wrote:Appreciate you giving me something to read while getting paid shitting on company time.

Fully agreed re the weekend of footy. I was telling a mate yesterday, this has been the most enjoyable season for the last few years IMO. Some absolutely cracking games and we're only 5 weeks in.

We have the same back 3 so I can definitely relate there. Love the Captain Reece play. Huge testicles. Didn't pay off massively this week but 54 is definitely serviceable. How good is our boy to watch? I actually secured his game worn jersey from the weekend. Over the moon with that.

Koro to Brailey and picking up an uber gun captain (Nicho in R7) will change your team massively. Keep it up champ, bright days ahead.

Lol it’s a service I am happy to provide,

Reece is a gun, he got post match dudded 12 points which was a bit nasty, but 54 is fine considering the only other option I considered was Hopgood

Nice touch on the shirt! And appreciate the comments
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:27 am

Love your write-ups mate, really in depth and makes a good read.

Looks like a really solid team that had a bit of a rough week.

Api has let you down.

I like your early trade options, I think they will add to your team nicely.

I hope you get another one of those weeks this week where all your players hit at the same time making for another monster score like a couple weeks ago.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:32 am

The Goat Boys wrote:Love your write-ups mate, really in depth and makes a good read.

Looks like a really solid team that had a bit of a rough week.

Api has let you down.

I like your early trade options, I think they will add to your team nicely.

I hope you get another one of those weeks this week where all your players hit at the same time making for another monster score like a couple weeks ago.

Appreciate the comment mate! Glad you enjoy it

I enjoy writing as it helps me articulate my thoughts,

Yep sooner or later big score is coming and it’s needed, two weeks of slides has not been fun!
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:09 am

Good plan mate, I'd ditch Api too if I had him. No Tigers rule lives on

Also wish my WFB looked like yours Laughing
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:42 am

Shady2K wrote:Good plan mate, I'd ditch Api too if I had him. No Tigers rule lives on

Also wish my WFB looked like yours Laughing

Api was actually an improvement on starting with Hodgson 😂😂

Uto is also on the way out soon, just need some other cheap middles to make themselves known

The WFB position is my only saving grace!

Cheers bro
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:56 am

From the main thread about trades. How does Uto & Api to Robson & KNik work for you? Solves your HOK issue (He also has a good bye schedule) and gives you a new Cow for 4-5 weeks up to the Dolphins Bye
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:02 am

Moanaman wrote:From the main thread about trades. How does Uto & Api to Robson & KNik work for you? Solves your HOK issue (He also has a good bye schedule) and gives you a new Cow for 4-5 weeks up to the Dolphins Bye

That’s nice, was thinking to get rid of doorey as he’s dead this week, and uto has a small enough BE to make a little more cash this week

But that is tempting cos robson is a great player and fantasy gun

Thank you for the input

Mark it under strong consideration
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:44 am

Moanaman wrote:From the main thread about trades. How does Uto & Api to Robson & KNik work for you? Solves your HOK issue (He also has a good bye schedule) and gives you a new Cow for 4-5 weeks up to the Dolphins Bye

Thought about this more between sets and the reason I won’t is because I’m getting Hynes after the bye, so Reynolds and uto become Hynes and someone else! Maybe a 3 trade deal to make it work

So it’s likely to be api and doorey for j brailey and then who ever I deem best under 325k (cheaper the better)
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:30 pm

Korosiau to brailey

Doorey to Kodi Nikorima

Team for rd 6

Brailey
    Uto cardigan tapine
    Preston Hosking
    Reynolds SJ
    Staggs Alamoti
    Turbo Walsh Miller

Hopgood Boyd ford Wilton (DNP)
    Nikorima Perham Warbrivk HSS (red dot)

Will order emergency’s to sort a loop out

Captain between SJ and Walsh

I can see Brisbane ripping apart Croker, whitehead, timoko, hopoarte, rapana, kris and Hudson and if so Walsh might go big, so I’ll be very tempted to captain him again
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:55 am

Another great write up bro. Appreciate the explanations on your decisions because they often align with my own
    A few parts of the machine letting the whole thing down.

Dropping Api definitely the best plan. I like Brailey and will likely go either him, or hold my nose and go back to Cheese. The players under 325k you allude to aren't particularly appealing unfortunately! I think Kodi is the right choice here.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:33 am

StuDogg101 wrote:Another great write up bro. Appreciate the explanations on your decisions because they often align with my own
    A few parts of the machine letting the whole thing down.

Dropping Api definitely the best plan. I like Brailey and will likely go either him, or hold my nose and go back to Cheese. The players under 325k you allude to aren't particularly appealing unfortunately! I think Kodi is the right choice here.

Cheers mate, writing it down helps me think it through, that’s why I do this, (and the enjoyment factor)

Under 325 was a wasteland, nikorima has a good historical average in the halves and won’t make my team, but hopefully makes a little bit of cash

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:42 am