NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 6 Empty Re: GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:17 pm

Round 6 Points 754 Rd rank 72518 (wow)

Overall rank 18587 Prev rank 9927

So i doubled my rank this week! Oh dear....

Don't know if I could have intentionally sabotaged my team worse! If things could go awry they went awry. I have essentially harpooned it by missing 3 weeks of Nathan Cleary, yes I broke the rule and trded him out on the bye, and it STINGss.......

So not much to do, except learn the lesson for the future and try and salvage this year

Thankfully there are still 21 rounds to try and claw back so respectability, but things are tough, having messed up in such a mannaer thus far

Trades last week were Korosiau out for Brailey and Doorey out for Kodi Nikorima, so while in theory they seemed good, Korosiau went back to 80 mins and had a good game and poor old jayden got a season ending injury (guy has no luck), Kodi was meant to be stashed on the emergencies, but due to Tapine's late out he found his was onto the scored 16 and lost money! ahah.

Anyway I shall give a breakdown of the players as per usual and my thoughts on each of them aswell as plans going forward,

Jayden Brailey 42 poor guy, injury curtailed him, really enjoy watching knights, there is a grittyness about them this year and he was at the forefront of it, injured on 60 mins he would likely of hit his 50+ score and done what I wanted from him, not sure what to do with hooker, but I might play boyd there in the interim, we shall see

Carrigan 48 another poor score from patty, especially given that he played 75 min, did a lot of passing which I dont think is his forte, huge break even this week so he will most likely lose money, I have two rules going forward in fantasy and one of them is cleary and Haas, whatever it takes, I dont think I will trade him this week, too much else to sort out, hope against hope he turns it on against the titans.

Stefano Utoikamanu 38 prettyy standard fare from stefano, got his minutes, low tackle count but just about got 100 metres running, pretty much had my fill of him, and hes made me $130+k, most likely trade him out for a cheaper Mid who will fill a similar role and average similar points, also he is on a bye this week so seems appropriate

J Ford 52 another good week for him, pleased to see him inflate his score with that try, warriors love attacking right or at least did in this game, makes sense with SJ being so ball dominant, holding this guy, nice low break even, 80 mins and playing for a gritty team, keep it up

Preston 42 thought he was rather unfortunate to be sinbinned, very overzealous reffing and bunkering, still a fairly ok score for a woeful bulldogs team who got hammered by mitchell et al, holding him and hope he has more luck this week

Hosking 54 another solid game from Zac and hes named again, bit of a workhorse, I'm a fan, hopefully Ivan doesnt make any silly changes, enjoyed mick ennis talking him up in commentary, not that that has any bearing on his selection or performance, be interesting to see how his role and job security developes

A Reynolds 47 passable score I guess, but certainly a disappointing run from him over what seemed like good fixtures for him, even his goal kicking has been poor, he will be a makeweight for either hynes or cleary this week, we shall see

Sj 60 great score again, dont expect him to get 70+ each game but he continues to play great and score well, I intend to keep him, so see what I can wrangle in trades

Alamoti 18 Feel super sorry for him, hung out to dry by the injuries to dogs and a rampant souths team, they ran riot on the right side of the attack and him and topine had zero change to defend, I'm actually worried that JAC being out will affect his scores going forward, but Its not the most important area for me to fix up so hope he bounces back

Staggs 37 conflicted, prettyy decent score considering it was all base stats, but frustrated that between hudson young and croker they locked him up. I'd really like to trade him at some point, but for now there are no immediate cash downs and i have other fish to fry, so I just continue to ride the staggs rollercoaster, lets see what happens next week, will it be 20 or 60 or somewhere in between (fwiw 39 average isnt that bad for season thus far)

MIller 57 he is averaging 56.3 points, 214m, 9 tb, and now has the goal kicking, hes also made 240k, fantasy royalty this season, pleased to have him and enjoying watching him play, keep it up mate

Walsh 64 (c) 128 i acttually managed to captain my best scoring player this week, to score 64 without any major attacking stats was great, the broncos had been wobbling a little over the last few games so while this result was unexpected its symptomatic of how sloppy broncos had been. As fdor walsh, will continue to hold him, i had expected him to be QLD number 1, but now POnga is alledgedly back in round 8, we will see what occurs

Turbo 16 so when people say match ups don't matter I always advocate that they do and penrith away is gonna be a game where your players, especially outside backs fail to score well. This was a pretty poor effort, and more worrying was him playing 80 with an injury, losing money and coping a crap score add to the issues with this, hes named again this week so not sure what to do, dont really see trading him out as the play, I guess i just have to hope hes not hindered and he bounces back

Interchange

NIkorima 16 i cheaped out on getting Isiah Katoa, to save 20k ish, and kodi's historical average played a part, and I got punished, Tapine's withdrawal was completely unseen, and the next man up was Warbrick who had already posted a 13, I didnt expect Kodi to be this bad, (Fantasy wise) at least he is playing again this week and dolphins bounced back and played well, fingers crossed he redeems himself, but I'm not enthused by him

Boyd 40 had a good game on eye test and this wasnt the worst score considering sexton took the majority of the kicking metres, speaking of which sexton is rather unlucky to pick up a fractured wrist and with foran named again boyd will go back to do the lion share of the kicking, so hes a hold for me now, i would like to get in a gun hooker, but as they are so expensive i miight run boyd there and max out other positions, i havent played around with trades yet, but one or both of cleary and hynes is on my list

Hopgood 39 steady fall from grace for hopgood, lowest minutes for him and least effective game, he seems to be the odd man out at parra, i could trade him this week so I don't lose alot of cash, but I will see what else I am doing, thisw potential problem has come at an inopportune time where I am still deciding on what to do to rescue the rest of the team, its a thinker for sure. I did say in my write up last week that we still didnt know what his role or mins or average was likely to be and I think we are still clueless and i believe it will be subject to change, not someone we can hang our hat on going forward

Perham 20 having 3 bulldogs when they got trounced hurt, they had all been good enough until this week. Looking at TLT it seems a few reinforcements have arrived, Iwas happy enough having perham in my emergencies as the 4th WFB cover, but I keep requiring him to score for me and its not ideal. One thing about him Is he has enough workrate and involvement that I never feel like single figures is likely, but hes also doesnt make me think he will GUN it

Emergency

Warbrick 12 poor score, cheap wingers can put these up, glad i dont play him week to week, but then he wasnt far behind turbo

Wilton BYE pleased he's back, less pleased to see Graham named on the interchange, hopefully  he covers middle rather than edge as sharks have lost a few there, we shall see

Tapine DNP congrats on your baby, congrats for wasting 700k on my emergencys, redeemer this week in what looked like an improved raiders

HSS DNP his replacement player great, I dont expect to see him suit up again for raiders anytime soon, I will eventually need centre cover!

In terms of trades for the next round,

Brailey, is out for the season, he is gone this week,
    Uto, had more or less maxxed out and I dont expect him to score significantly better than he currently is, will anyone,
    Reynolds, can be a makeweight for Hynes or Cleary, 75k ish between them might be the decider,
    Hopgood, an asset that has gone toxic, who represents alot of money to spend elswhere, but are there any suitbale cash down Mids,
    HSS, dead spot but not causing me trouble

Unsure who I get in will look at everyone elses trades, and forum activity and make a plan

The good news is THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER ( I hope)

learn some valuable lessons in the first 6 weeks of the season and been truly spanked by going offscript

time to write the wrongs and make another charge

Thanks for reading,
    Told you so's, advice, comiserations all welcomed,

Will have a play with trades and update in here
    Ando
    Ando

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 6 Empty Re: GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

Post by Ando Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:49 pm

Gazza, me again.

Really unlucky week for you mate, nothing you can really do with things like Tapine being pulled last minute combined with players like Trbo getting their lowest score in about 5 years.

What I'd look at first is working out your best team for the week pretrades, I'd have it somewhere like this:

Boyd
    Carrigan Boyd Tapine
    Preston Hosking
    Arey SJ
    Alamoti Staggs
    Walsh Trbo Miller
    Wilton Utoi Brailey Hopgood
    Perham Warbrick Niko HSS

Based on this your 13 looks good, it's your 14-17 that needs improving. Perham is a solid 18th man and you can use HSS to loop.

Potential trade outs are ARey, Utoi, Brailey, Hopgood. I'd look at keeping Arey in hope of him finding some form and producing 50's and cutting the other 3. That gives you 1.8m + whatever bank you already have.

Main focus is getting a solid captaincy option in Hynes or Cleary which will then give you approx 900k spare. I'd try get 1 solid scorer you're confident to play in the 17 and then 1 who you can loop with Perham via HSS.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:12 pm

Ando wrote:Gazza, me again.

Really unlucky week for you mate, nothing you can really do with things like Tapine being pulled last minute combined with players like Trbo getting their lowest score in about 5 years.

What I'd look at first is working out your best team for the week pretrades, I'd have it somewhere like this:

Boyd
    Carrigan Boyd Tapine
    Preston Hosking
    Arey SJ
    Alamoti Staggs
    Walsh Trbo Miller
    Wilton Utoi Brailey Hopgood
    Perham Warbrick Niko HSS

Based on this your 13 looks good, it's your 14-17 that needs improving. Perham is a solid 18th man and you can use HSS to loop.

Potential trade outs are ARey, Utoi, Brailey, Hopgood. I'd look at keeping Arey in hope of him finding some form and producing 50's and cutting the other 3. That gives you 1.8m + whatever bank you already have.

Main focus is getting a solid captaincy option in Hynes or Cleary which will then give you approx 900k spare. I'd try get 1 solid scorer you're confident to play in the 17 and then 1 who you can loop with Perham via HSS.

thanking you, good advice given and received

have 71k in the bank to begin with, one of hynes and cleary will come in for sure, had set my heart on hynes but money might talk and that excess could be used elswhere,

appreciate the comments
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:29 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

thanking you, good advice given and received

have 71k in the bank to begin with, one of hynes and cleary will come in for sure, had set my heart on hynes but money might talk and that excess could be used elswhere,

appreciate the comments

Something along the lines of:

Brailey > Hynes / Cleary
    Hopgood > McInnes / BSmith
    Utoi > Sele / Couchman / Hunt / Russell / Soni / Stone

Best of luck for the week
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:39 pm

Ando wrote:

Something along the lines of:

Brailey > Hynes / Cleary
    Hopgood > McInnes / BSmith
    Utoi > Sele / Couchman / Hunt / Russell / Soni / Stone

Best of luck for the week

just been playing around with it and ive gone

Brailey, hopgood and utoikamanu out

hynes, mcinnes, couchman in! hahah so yes thinking on your lines,

Hynes over cleary mainly as I slightly prefer watching him, theres a small chance he doesnt play origin, and his ownership will be less than clery so if he does beat him most weeks, then i gain a few points.

mcinnes I like the look of as Hamlin uele, hunt, hazelton, and williams average all low mins, so Think he will have a good chance to play long

couchman, not faith in whatsoever but theres not much about at that price and he did play pretty well last game

This is subject to change

and again appreciated ando
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:45 pm

Agree with Ando. And while in a vacuum I'd choose Cleary over Hynes, particularly as he's cheaper, as you're playing catch-up you probably need to take the less commonly owned Hynes.

See if there's a way of doing it using HSS rather than Uto, need to clear up the dead spot asap.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:50 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Agree with Ando. And while in a vacuum I'd choose Cleary over Hynes, particularly as he's cheaper, as you're playing catch-up you probably need to take the less commonly owned Hynes.

See if there's a way of doing it using HSS rather than Uto, need to clear up the dead spot asap.

yep thats my current thinking with regard cleary and hynes
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:55 am

I agree with what the rest have said you could play Boyd at hooker for a while but some cover could be good I mean Cheese has the DPP could come good again soon with the Rorters getting more players back?

And keep the C on Hynes mate if you get it don’t play Captain roulette it’s just not worth it.

Your team actually is solid you have just had some bad luck. I would be trading Uto out as well.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:58 am

Rabbits21 wrote:I agree with what the rest have said you could play Boyd at hooker for a while but some cover could be good I mean Cheese has the DPP could come good again soon with the Rorters getting more players back?

And keep the C on Hynes mate if you get it don’t play Captain roulette it’s just not worth it.

Your team actually is solid you have just had some bad luck. I would be trading Uto out as well.

Cheers rabs, aye I screwed myself, hopefully only one way forward now!

Thanks for ye comment
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:41 pm

Tough week but I definitely think your season is salvageable. Get Hynes in, stick that C on him and watch the scores roll in. Ando pretty much summed it all up and I wish I had read it before starting my reply to your initial update haha. Good luck on McInnes, I am tempted too and I think you can afford to take that risk. It's not like he going to completely bomb out, so at worst he'll give you a decent scorer. Also a bit iffy on Couchman, but he's as good as any risk at that price point. Best of luck for this week, you've got this
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:37 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:Tough week but I definitely think your season is salvageable. Get Hynes in, stick that C on him and watch the scores roll in. Ando pretty much summed it all up and I wish I had read it before starting my reply to your initial update haha. Good luck on McInnes, I am tempted too and I think you can afford to take that risk. It's not like he going to completely bomb out, so at worst he'll give you a decent scorer. Also a bit iffy on Couchman, but he's as good as any risk at that price point. Best of luck for this week, you've got this

Cheers Stu

Hynes mcinnes and couch are in

Let’s go

Post by Guest Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:51 pm

From the outside looking in buddy you need to get Cleary in Asap.
    Brailey, Hopgood and either Uto or HSS to make it happen, potentially McInnes as another cut price in?
    Captain roulette is no fun and your teams not that bad so alleviating that side of things will go a long way to getting you back on track.
    My 2 cents, best of luck!
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:41 pm

Genderbender wrote:From the outside looking in buddy you need to get Cleary in Asap.
    Brailey, Hopgood and either Uto or HSS to make it happen, potentially McInnes as another cut price in?
    Captain roulette is no fun and your teams not that bad so alleviating that side of things will go a long way to getting you back on track.
    My 2 cents, best of luck!

No lies detected but have opted Hynes over cleary

Thank you
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:48 pm

Round 7 Review Points 811 Round Rank 6043

Overall Rank 14957 Prev rank 18587

Overall a very positive round for me, lots of my players went well, and some of the main ones I didn't have did not punish me, Traded in Hynes and Captained him who did everything I wanted to see from him, Mcinnes, got the minutes I wanted and scored well, and COuchman who appears to be a Bust! if only I'd gone crossland instead, tbh though i couldnt bring in phoneix this week without seeing how the mann, crossland substitutions would work, once mann had a stint at middle, I knew crossland would go well, anyhow detailed review below

Boyd 47 so my intital plan was to play tannah in hooker for this week and then bring in JMK this week, now I am not sure if thats the plan, I was impressed by JMK for the dolphins, however tannah held his own and scored more than adequately, of the three gun hookers Grant (36), robson (33) and cook (53) only one outscored him, Now I don't expect this to always be true, but it was a morale boosting win, JMK is still in my plans with his good bye coverage, but tbc

Carrigan 42 awful score from Patty, hes dropping money, has a huge breakeven and not gettng good scores, with tapine on a bye this week, I dont think I can sell him, The draw for broncos gets a bit tougher now, so hopefully he has to do a lot more grunt work and gets back to his tackling up into the high 40's or so. I cant help but like him in real life so I give him a weeks grace to rebound. Ive been guilty of chucking people too soon this year, so he will remain.

Tapine 36 if you have read all of my reviews I have been thoroughly unimpressed with him all year, somehow he kept saving his scores whilst being mostly anoymous of the pitch, I think Ive had my fill of Joe, I'm aware he has a good bye schedlue, but I dont care, I dont enjoy owning him, I dislike how few minutes he gets played for and he has done nothing to excite me, its time to go

Mcinnes 50 improved minutes, improved tackles, best score of the year, have I timed this one just right? arguably he should of scored better as I believe that he got unjustly called for a strip on the TO tackle on lindsay collins, however i can see mcinnes having a couple of good weeks and cementing this position, never gonna be an exciting scorer but will always put it in,

Wilton 50 definitley one of the most consitent guys out there, his average is 49.3, averaging 37 tackles and 132m per game, I've rode a nice price rise and I have no complaints. One thing to say is the sharks attack is that good, that I do expect a couple of huge games soon, his lowest score is 45, and his biggest is 56, very soon he will be on the end of a kick of a matty moylan short ball and he will help himself to tries and points galore, keep it up teig

Hosking 57 not gonna lie when the rumours he was dropped came out i was very deflated, as it turns out he not only played 80 again and was great, but the reinjuring of martin has given him that sweet sweet job security, I never expected the 90+ score that he burst on the scene with, but the continued money making and above 50 scores is awesome.

Reynolds 58 much more like it from adam, goalkicking was much better, decent all road stats and the icing of a field goal, my plan was always to hold him for broncos good run of games and then upgrade him/downgrade him where i see fit, I am seriously considering moving him this week, mainly as HLF i have covered by SJ, Tannah Boyd, Hynes, and potentially crossland if i bring him in, Its not that I don't think reynolds will plod along, he will but I am so low down on overall rank I am probably gonna go abit more boom or bust and looking at players who have potential to score big, its alway a balancing act trading assets to get better ones, will elaborate on plans further below,

Hynes 148 (c) when i got him for a million I didnt expect him to make money, but it was anexcellent performance from him, the cronulla run til origin is cantebury, cows, dolphins, manly and newcastle with 3 of the 5 at points bet, I think they will put most of them to the sword, and I think we will see some huge scores from Nicho, hes a joy to watch, my favourite player and unfortunatley I'm predicting he will play origin, the groundswell by then will be too much

Alamoti 32 quickly getting less enchanted by my bulldogs players, not because this is a particularly bad score, but they just arent going to be that good this year, its disjointed, through injury and everchanging selection, and they have had wretched in game circumstance most weeks, case in point this poor lad being forced to the wing last two weeks. I think he could well have peaked in price but i dont know if its desperate enough for me to trade him when there are other positions I am struggling with or more keen to change

Staggs 22 its funny because I thought he played ok in real life, but his stats are atrocious, down on run metres, up on missed tackles, hes a problem, but is he an urgent one? and who other than bird is a reliable centre? hes a waste of 500k as I could get these scores for a lot cheaper, but I'm wondering who or when I make that move, the harder fixtures for broncos dont enthrall me, could be time to let him go, If i had 4 transfers he'd be gone, but I always feel I have bigger fires to put out

Miller 27 he is human after all! held to only 3 tackle breaks, and only 123 running metres, good job penrith, their defence truly is wonderful, was disappointed with his goal kicking, he'll be lucky to hold that, but no qualms, newcastle continue to impress and he continues to be a favourite, hope he bounces back next week

Walsh 57 so in that 5 game stretch I predicted a ton, he didnt get close tbh, however he did prove that he is in the upper echelon of WFB this season, his lowest score is 40, and we definitely havent seen his ceiling game yet, a brilliant player to watch, an attacking GUN, and also proving he can defend as well, doubters have been made to eat their words, and reece walsh truthers vindicated, keep it up mate, and shine in this next hard run of games (fwiw currently 4th in average behind edwards, marhzhew and latrell who have all had HUGE games, proving again his consistency)

Trbojevic 34 i was desperate to get him in after his 70 points and he has since then scored 36, 56, 16 and now 36 again, and also lost about 70k, the positives is that he hit 200m running which shows that he is not injured and that he bagged another try, that 70 point game i refence is the only one which had schuster fully firing in it, which gave them a much better attacking shape, I hope he returns soon so that manly can flourish in attack, Ive made my bed so I will continue to lie in it, if he continues to be awful, I'll continue to cop it, but I hope to see improvement

Interchange

Preston 43 typical busy performance, consistent, one of the only dogs I dont mind holding, because he doesnt stop trying, he got pulled early so hopefully that was just fatigue rather than being hooked, I dont see them having many options to replace him so, will continue to enjoy him

Ford 39 disappointing score from him, I dont expect huge scores, but consistently above 40 would be nice, workaholic out there for the warriors, so far there have always been one or two outs, so I am not 100% on his job security, can we be sure that when barnett, niukore, tohu, curran, are all in the line up and dylan walker is playing bench middle rather than in the halves ford will get 80 mins on an edge? I'm not convinced, especially as tevaga, bunty, Tom Ale and AFB are looking good in middle rotation. Still whilst he remains I will keep playing him.

SJ 49 Low one for Shaun, (but still acceptable) still tackled well, still influential and racked up try assists, just a few less kick metres, I think mainly die to the bitty nature of the game. Also a particularly low running game from him, all good, have no qualms about him and although they have a tough run coming up will be holding him for the forseeable

Perham 22 after a string of 40+ games hes had two 20 odd scores in Back to back games, its worrisome, and I think now is the time to take the profit an run, I am going to swap him for a cut price teddy, I believe that Teddy has a good run in him and the roosters face the dragons in 2 of the next 5 games, add into that the poor cowboys and it looks good. (more on future plans below) perham is a nice runner, and try hard, but i think the bulldogs arent gonna set the world alight and neither is he, I said a few weeks back I never see him scoring in the single digits but I also never see him getting 60+, time to get rid

Emergency

Kodi Nikorima 25 so funny how well he started the game, looked on it, inventive and very involved, then just disappeared, I do have to question how I eneded up with him, I guess to give myself a break the strategy based on avearges etc was sound, but he does nothing for me as a player and a fanatsy scorer, cant see him or the dolphins improving, so hes a problem for down the line, it would be one thing if he was generating cash, but he isnt

Couchman 12 another bungled trade, I'd try and sugar coat it, nbut i should have paid the extra for crossland last week,yeah his role wasnt defined, but neither was this rookies, silly, my only hope is he somehow gets more game time, but what incentive has the dead man walking coach got to blood youth players? I wouldnt

Warbrick 38 made me more money, never intend to play him, will most likely trade him on his buy round next week, like him as a player, hes currently made 160k, and with B/E of 17, I hope he jags some extra this week

HSS DNP useful for looping, need to get rid, need centre cover, not planning on doing anything about it anytime soon

Trade Plans

Current Money in the bank 21k$

Outs

Perham 447K - run his course, have wfb cover, dogs are poor, has made me money, not needed

Reynolds 699K - solid but unspectacular scorer, average 53 is good, but have HLF covered, want to use money to improve one of the weaker positions (mid, hooker)

Potentially Tapine 737k unimpressive scorer, on bye, not value for money, B/E of 59 which he has only beaten twice, low minutes, ricky stuart,

Ins

Tedesco 579k, has not even slightly scored well this year so far, but I believe that roosters are getting troops back at this time, have some pleasant match ups in next 5 games before origin, bottomed out in price and he is super POD in the top 5000 odd, gives me an extra scorer on my interchange who could GUN it and shoot me up the ranks, basically a calculated risk with huge upside

Crossland 403k 52 avearge at hooker this year (2 games) Knights are scrappy, hes a limited player but is a mega try hard, average 46 tackles at hooker, tiny break even so potential money spinner, and if he locks down the place will eventually be a useful DPP.

Potential 3rd trade SO this where I have many options, If i was to trade Tapine I have 922$k available so anyone I want bar cleary is available

Team for next round as stands

Boyd
    Carrigan, Ford, Mcinnes
    Wilton, Hosking
    SJ, Hynes (c)
    Alamoti, Staggs
    Miller, Walsh, Turbo,

Preston, Tedsco, Crossland, (3rd Trade?) or Tapine (DNP)
    NIkorima, Couchman, Warbrick, HSS,

Thank you for reading, as you can see, trading in a middle for 3rd spot would be good,

Tempted by the following players

Haas
    Yeo
    JMK
    Tofu
    D Fifita (could be a huge scorer to fit my boom or bust calculated gamble)
    Matterson

all thoughts are welcomed, so much to consider

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:47 pm

Perham, Reynolds, staggs out

Crossland, manu and Tedesco in

Tapine stays,

Team for rd 7

Boyd
    Carrigan Ford mcinnes
    Wilton Hosking
    Hynes (c) SJ
    Alamoti Manu
    Turbo Miller Walsh

Tedesco crossland Preston (tapine loop)

Nikorima, coachman, warbrick (HSS)
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:49 am

Trades look good. Think I like Host over Crossland but love the two rooster trades. Leaves you heavy at WFB but the value that you picked up is really good.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:38 pm

Can't really argue with those trades too much. If I'm quibbling I don't love the idea of trading a fit centre in Staggs, but it's hardly a bad trade getting Manu in.

If you were to hold Staggs and trade Warbrick instead would those trades be too expensive?
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:57 pm

Cap'n Ranta wrote:Trades look good. Think I like Host over Crossland but love the two rooster trades. Leaves you heavy at WFB but the value that you picked up is really good.

I think both crossland a host are good options, my slight preference for crossland is based on how he played earlier in the season at 9, I remember being very impressed, due to his huge base stats,

Also I think he locks down the role for the season, provided he doesn’t shit the bed, so lots of money to be made,

Carrigan has this week to impress me as there are lots of kids who are bye friendly emerging, and I have spare money and options to trade next week
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:01 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Can't really argue with those trades too much. If I'm quibbling I don't love the idea of trading a fit centre in Staggs, but it's hardly a bad trade getting Manu in.

If you were to hold Staggs and trade Warbrick instead would those trades be too expensive?

No I can’t do warbrick to manu unfortunately, staggs has given excitement but is infuriating, he might score a good one in one or two games but manu is an upgrade with his dual and historic scores at 6 and fb when teddy is missing

Warbrick has money to make this week then I’m cashing him out when Melbourne are on the bye, I’ll have 4 wfb in the 21 and won’t need more
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:39 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

No I can’t do warbrick to manu unfortunately, staggs has given excitement but is infuriating, he might score a good one in one or two games but manu is an upgrade with his dual and historic scores at 6 and fb when teddy is missing

Warbrick has money to make this week then I’m cashing him out when Melbourne are on the bye, I’ll have 4 wfb in the 21 and won’t need more

Fair enough mate, figured that was probably the case. Was really just nitpicking, Staggs to Manu is an upgrade, look like solid trades.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:46 pm