NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 8 Empty Re: GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue May 02, 2023 11:55 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:Love the write up as usual mate

Left field take is play Bula in your 13 for a while, trade miller and use his cash to help strengthen your team elsewhere.
    Horsburgh still comes in but it might expand your choices on that third player
    Also means you could keep one of Mcinnes/Curran this week and trade Tatola next week to check he is back fully fit and another week to look at him?

I like Miller but what have you got to lose playing Bula over him especially with the bye this week?
    Also opens up another spot for you to grab another cheapie, in turn putting your cash into the scoring 17

Could even gamble on Niko straight up in the 17 and see what Miller+Mcinnes+Curran gets you, maybe a keeper upgrade perhaps?

Just something a bit different

i like the the thoughts, but I definitely dont want to jump off miller for 13 and 16,

i have not locked in the trades just yet because I'm worried fitzgibbon changes his pack around, and starts both mcinnes and dale,

we shall see
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023 - Page 8 Empty Re: GazEllisismyDad TeamTracker 2023

Post by Rabbits21 Wed May 03, 2023 1:45 am

I’m worried for ya on McInnes mate I do not think he gets more than 50mins.

On Tatola mate his Dad passed away tonight might be best to wait a week in case he doesn’t play.

Keep plugging away mate. I love the HSS to Bula trade.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed May 03, 2023 2:31 am

Rabbits21 wrote:I’m worried for ya on McInnes mate I do not think he gets more than 50mins.

On Tatola mate his Dad passed away tonight might be best to wait a week in case he doesn’t play.

Keep plugging away mate. I love the HSS to Bula trade.

Cheers rabs, yes mcinnes was a calculated risk, he scored ok in the 3 weeks but his minutes and scores didn’t improve time to go

I’ll keep my ear to the ground for tevita
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed May 03, 2023 1:46 pm

Great write up again brother. Glad that you snagged another good week. Hynes really doing the business for you. Trading Cleary up to him is tempting, I'm glad you mentioned it.

I'm with you on the McInnes issue. Didn't get an uptick in anything with Finucane out so I think it's time to pull up stumps on him. Horse is good value for sure, and the extra R13 body.

Fwiw, I'm covering Miller with Bula this week and holding him too. I'm not convinced Ponga is the death knell for his scores just yet! Also I wouldn't worry too much on Curran, pretty sure he actually does pretty well off the bench if he gets the minutes
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed May 03, 2023 3:04 pm

Cheers Stu, Curran has had absurdly low mins when being bench this season, admittedly that was earlier in the year when he seemed less in favour

Don’t think I want to risk it, just gonna forget I wasted the trades on him (until I run out later this year and sit with regrets Wink

Very unclear what to do this week,

Plan to hold Miller for his bye rounds
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Wed May 03, 2023 3:56 pm

Hey Mate, great write up and a good week.

In terms of Trade Outs and Trade Ins that you have proposed they are all good.

The only one I don`t love is Tatola but I have no valuable alternative to offer up.

Keep pushing ahead and climbing those ranks
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed May 03, 2023 4:09 pm

The Goat Boys wrote:Hey Mate, great write up and a good week.

In terms of Trade Outs and Trade Ins that you have proposed they are all good.

The only one I don`t love is Tatola but I have no valuable alternative to offer up.

Keep pushing ahead and climbing those ranks

Sorry fat finger, that was supposed to be an upvote, thank you for the comment

Tatola I’m not in love with, it’s still up for debate

His advantage is round 13 and I see him scoring 40 odd which is decent for his price, but yeah he’s not super inspiring
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Fri May 05, 2023 4:22 pm

trades havent altered since earlier in the week,

Tohu hasnt dropped out at 24hr cut so will go ahead with cutting the one experiment of curran

HSS, Curran and Mcinnes gone

Bula, Tatola and Horse in.

Two rd 13 props, and a cashie WFB in.

I'd love to slow down on trades, so hopefully can

Team as follows

Boyd
    Carrigan, Tapine, Horse
    Wilton, Hosking
    Sj, Hynes (c)
    Bird, Manu
    Bula, Walsh, Tedesco

Ford, Tatola, Preston, Nikorima

Oloapu, Miller (bye) Crossland (bye) Couchman (not selected)

Exepcting sharks and roosters to win handily in their games so fingers crossed manu and tedesco, and wilton step up

Really need Nikorima to hold his place and milford to not be on the bench and spell him

Future trade outs will be carrigan, preston, couchman, to shore up the bye rounds.

Good luck to all this MAGIC weekend
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sat May 06, 2023 6:47 am

Holding Preston this week was a great call mate, he won't lose too much cash at all (if any)!

Must be happy with Horse. I brought him in and he's such a machine. Hope Tatola can get through a few games nice and healthy for ya.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sat May 06, 2023 7:16 am

Snatchpato wrote:Holding Preston this week was a great call mate, he won't lose too much cash at all (if any)!

Must be happy with Horse. I brought him in and he's such a machine. Hope Tatola can get through a few games nice and healthy for ya.

cheers mate, I got to duck the preston or hosking out decision one week longer because of who I needed to trade out

was pleased with all my players today

Horse is great fun to watch and all action!
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Tue May 09, 2023 9:21 pm

On the up mate
    I think if you are unsure or 50/50 on those preston/hosking players then it's always worth holding
    Had a play around with Mcinnes/Hosking out myself but both repaid the faith.

Team is looking good, Wish I had Wilton as a big fan (Holding has worked out well with the recent meat pies)
    Always looks dangerous and has a big motor

All the best this week
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed May 10, 2023 1:08 am

Round 10 Review, Score 913 Rd rank 14833

Overall Rank 8566 Prev 8649

So the week started off great, then Hynes happened, overall it was a bit of let down, but not disaterous, gained 100 places which is essentially standing still at my lowly rank, the trades didnt exactly excel, as Mcinnes was a late switch to start and boshed out a score that we'd been hoping for the previous week, curran got big minutes after being named on the bench, the bright spot was Bula in for HSS and played very well, Horse looked good but almost so good that I am now worried he might play origin and the jury is well and truly out on Tatola!

Full review

Boyd 66 phenomenal work from Tannah again, I remarked last week he was leading the 3 round avearge for hookers, another great score will help that, shame that titans have such a poor bye schedule, but titans are playing good and he is key, 829metres kicking this weekend was redonk

Carrigan 52 52 for more good work from patty, this achieved in only 55 minutes, I actually think its good management from kevvie to play his satr middles for less time when they are not required, games against melbourne and penrith in the next two before origin mean he should see big mins and be needed to step up, still plan to trade him after roiund 12 and hoping he is priced about the same as hopgood as I will want hopgoods dual position over 13, 16,19

Tapine 53 I've actually made my peace with Tapine, he's not what I wanted when I bought him and I was follish enough to not dispense of him, I will now hold him and enjoy his consistency, his PPM remains at 1.03, so I am at the ricky stuart mercy for minutes, hope he does something spectacular, but its no longer expected

Horburgh 56 only 62mins for Corey this week, but still a great PPM, and he played excellently, eye test he was great, and i can see why he's been killing it this year, will make me some money and is a welcome addition, my head says he won't play origin, mainly due to the amount of other middles QLD have, but my heart thinks there is a chance, think he'd just be such a great character there, we shall see

Wilton 71 did not see the sharks result coming at all, but very pleasing to see my favourite player reward with another try and good performance, his base is there every week (average 37 tackles, 130 metres) this week though he had 7 tackle breaks and an offload on top of the try, i do believe he is capable of replicating his attacking threat most weeks, and manly and newcastle in the next two should be good, either way his floor is very high, I think he's an extremely overlooked fantasy asset, but thats cool, for example his owenrship is 4.2% and only 6.66 in the top 5000.

Hosking 65 More good work from mr hosking, i think martin might be back soon, so I see his days as being numbered, but until he is not named I won't overthink it and keep playing him, Wilton has big base and so does he, avergaing 40.9 tackles per game and 97 run metres, a few more attacking stats and he'll crush

SJ 67 a very impressive score considering no attacking stats, he played excellent in real life, and racked up huge kick metres, 841. Does a bit of everything and has a good schedule over the next little while after his bye, will be holding for the forseeable

Hynes 74 (c) well the big disappointment of the weekend, pretty sure I recommended him to anyone who was on the fence about trading him in, so apologies if I swayed you, I really expected an easy cronulla victory, so firstly congrats to the dolphins, lack of ball, and lack of defence for cronulla really put paid to him doing much, no panic, no harm, no issue, i think the biggest disappointment for us owners of hynes is how well cleary did, but I'll still back hynes as the better option and expect him to have a WOW of a game vs manly this week, think i heard on the podcast its his worse score since hes been at sharks, so an abberation.

Bird 50 honestly didnt impress me to the eye, but to score a 50 in 54 minutes, no complaints, should we be concerned that he only got 54 mins? should we be concerned about the rumours hes asked for a release? I don't know, but I am not gonna trade a dual with a 50 average who playes good bye schedule yet, fingers crossed hes back up to 80 mins this week

Manu 50 my centres combined for 100, and that is great, Roosters were very poor vs cowboys, so for manu to grind out 50 points was pleasing, Its also good hes named there again, I'm not sure how long that will last, but while it does, I'll hold him. 90% owned by the top 5000, so we all rise or fall together with him

Bula 46 honestly was very impressed, good fantasy score, Try saver to win them the game, 180 metres running, 6 tackle breaks, and made me 50k, not much more to ask, think its his role for a while, big test for him this week, but after that he has some good fixtures, keep it going young man

Walsh 57 return to form for reece, I listened to the press conference after and Kevvie had challenged him to be more involved this week, and that he did, 13 tackle breaks, 163 metrs, 2 try assists and some LBs as well. I expect more of this, what excites me is we still havent seen his ceiling game, If he doesnt get selected for origin game 1 it would be a great bonus, but we will see what happens, I cant see the clamour to get rid of him, and I'd hate to watch the broncos not owning him

Tedesco 45 after his 56 in rd 8 vs the dragons I celebrated a bit too early, 45 in a well beaten side isnt too bad, but now they have the hardest fixture in the league, away at penrith, there seems to be something off at roosters this year, from angus, cheese, sualli, the centres, even their big middles, nothing feels like it should, the thing is NRL is unpredictable and if you told me roosters were going to go to penrith and put a clinic on, i'd have no trouble believing you, I hope it happens for manu and tedesco, but we shall see. I don't have a real plan with what to do within him over origin, but I wouldnt be mad at trading him to gutho who covers all the big byes, will wait and see,

Interchange

Ford 32 one of my favourite players this year so far, I think he was massively unfairly sin binned, and then succumbed to a HIA, now he misses the nexyt two gameweeks after being ruled out, so I have the connudrum what to do, he will be useful over the byes with his dual position, but at the same time its a lot of money to sit on the sidelines for two weeks, I could trade him out and then get him back in 13 for preston or one of the other edges, but I am very low on trades. I really enjoy watching him play, he is all action, mainly to the detriment of his fantasy scores, If i had to guess I think I will trade him, but will take advice from the forum and see what the prevailing thought is

Tatola 30 must have jumped the gun on this trade! pretty silly really because in his comeback game off the bench he played 45 mins and ran for 192 metres, whereas when named to start he only played 33! (and ran for 82) I can't argue with Demetriou as souths were killing it, but all the same a disappointing week for him, he did get through the game and is named to start again, so hopefully it is more of the 45+ minutes and 40+ score, hes in because he plays bye rd, and he is at his lowest price, hopefully he builds his minutes and scores, I don't expect huge scores, but I hope he has a run of high variance scores! I need it

Preston 60 nice that I held him, great he scored two tries, the bulldogs are still a poor team and I do believe he is a trade out soon, that said, He's not a desperate trade out, so lets see how he does against NZW and Gold coast next two weeks, the bulldogs may be a bad team but they do attack well, and he has proved to have a high ceiling,

NIkorima 39 feel like I got ribbed of a great score with Nikorima getting shifted to centre, and milf coming in, Dolphins on a bye, hes making money now and has a low BE, on a bye this week, I currently have SJ, Crossland and Niko for rd 13 hLF and can only play 2 of them, to that end he could be a trade out, but we shall see.there doesnt seem to be that many good cashouts, but Te whare would be more useful for the byes than niko if hes named. (no rush)

Emergencies

Oloapu 21 thought in real terms he played pretty ordinary, score wasnt great, will be excited when he starts getting named, but for now, he can sit in emergency

Couchman DNP not picked last week, not picked this week, 343k wasted, I will be trading him this week I think, its a shame because his DPP would be useful for the bye rounds, I dont see any of the dragons forwards making origin, so I dont see him getting a repieve back into the team

Miller Bye welcome back home versus goldcaost seems as good a game as any to remind people your are a fantasy gun

CRossland BYE named hooker again, lets hope he gets the 69min role he got in roudns 7 and 8 rather than the stupid interchange shit AOB pulled against the EEls in rd 9.

Thank you for reading,

Current plans are to trade out Ford, and Couchman, the thought is to only do so If i get someone who covers round 13, and 16, so that means, Manly, Newcastle, Cowboys and Parra players,

Hopgood,
    Lane,
    McClean,
    Luki,
    L Croker,
    D brown,
    Robson,
    Drinkwater

are ones I'm looking at, money is tight so to stretch for robson, hopgood etc might mean 3 trades with nikorima coming out also and saddling myself with two duds (under 300k players) so I don't think its worth it.

Could jump off Preston or Hosking to facilitate Hopgood or the likes,

Parras. forward rotation still isnt set in stone and I don't want a low minute hopgood,

Much to think about

Team as follows before trades

Boyd
    Carrigan, Tapine, Horsburgh
    Wilton, Hosking
    Sj, Hynes (c)
    Bird, Manu,
    Bula, Walsh, Tedesco

MIller, Tatola, Preston, Crossland

Oloapu, (Nikorima BYE, Couchman DNP, Ford HIA)

31k in bank

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed May 10, 2023 11:28 am

Sterling writeup as per. Over 900 even with Hynes as captain is a good effort for last week I reckon! Hopefully Tatola comes good for you. Was certainly worth the risk though, and between him and Luki there would be a few owners in the same position.

I'm equally torn on Ford. It's a pity you can't just go straight to Hopgood as that would be ideal. I wouldn't recommend Lane, he isn't getting the role or doing the work I expected bringing him in. I'm just gonna ride it out, but probably not worth the risk. I'm not personally convinced on Drinky but I have seen him being a popular trade in so depends on your personal preference there. DBrown is the player I'd probably plump for if I could afford it. Then there's the needing Robson for R13.

If you went a week early on Niko-VTW does that help this week? Leaves your emergencies extremely thin though so might not be worth it
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu May 11, 2023 4:20 am

Looking at Ford out for drinkwater, to firm up wfb for byes,

Only one trade this week as no immediate alternative for couchman

If te whare is named next week then will probably go for him then

mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu May 11, 2023 10:27 am

Great write-up as usual mate. I agree that Ford to Drinkwater or Luki is the right play, no point forcing a Couchman trade when you can still field a solid 17 and there's no obvious alternatives.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu May 11, 2023 2:46 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Great write-up as usual mate. I agree that Ford to Drinkwater or Luki is the right play, no point forcing a Couchman trade when you can still field a solid 17 and there's no obvious alternatives.

Cheers mate, yeah Luki I am tempted by but last week has scared me off, will watch closely this week for minutes and eye test

Any other trade would be forced
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu May 11, 2023 5:02 pm

Do you think you will trade out Carrigan over origin? That can probs wait til round 13 though.

Yea you been trading pretty heavily probs just best to make one this week.

Keep chipping away mate I’m sure you’ll make some ranks over origin with the right moves.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu May 11, 2023 5:34 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Do you think you will trade out Carrigan over origin? That can probs wait til round 13 though.

Yea you been trading pretty heavily probs just best to make one this week.

Keep chipping away mate I’m sure you’ll make some ranks over origin with the right moves.

Yep def losing carrigan at rd 13, hoping it’s almost a straight swap for Hopgood at that time, will need him for 13,16,19 and DPP
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon May 15, 2023 9:13 pm

Round 11 Review, Score 890 Rd rank 30792

Overall Rank 9975 Prev 8566

diasppointing round, reflected in the drop in rank, tbh i think I was on the end of a unfortunate variance in terms of sinbins, HIA's, injury etc, as well as some underperforming players.
    No Drama though, we go again.

The only trade was Ford out for Drinkwater, who scored poor considering he had a very good 1st half, there was no other trades I fancied last week, but there will definitely be plans made this week, with manu under injury cloud, hosking now having (in my mind) not much job security and I want to firm up my team for the bye rounds

Full review

Boyd 42 his lowest score for 5 rounds, nothing disasterous though, I'm in two minds about my long term opinion on tannah, hes been killing it, has dual and has made lots of money, he has great job security and I never have concenr about playing him in my 1-17. That said byes in 13 and 16 make him less useful around the bye period, and titans without tino and fifita will struggle at that time, which could affect his score, if I hold him though they then have zero byes in the back half of the year, have a feeling I'll keep him, but we will see.

Carrigan 55 thought he was super unlucky with some overzealous bunkering to get sinbinned, not surprised the MRC didnt take action either, 43 tackles and a season high of 221 metres were great and his 4 games since he was mass sold he has stepped up, when the going gets tough he scores better and plays longer, so I will hold him for this game vs penrith, then with the broncos bye schedule and his origin matches he will be sold, still thinking to hopgood for the versatility and bye coverage, but tbc

Tapine 60 guy came out all guns blazing in this match and was racking up a great score until junior paulo canonballed him, the way my week was going I expected to not see him come back but he remerged for a second stint which was pleasing. still a PPM machine, hope he has a good next few weeks, and randomly gets extended minutes

Horsbrugh 48 soft sinbin, but i guess justified, another good game from him, though tainted fantasy score, id prefer to see his score in the 50's than 40's, and I hope he doesnt get an origin call up selfishly, though think it would be awesome from a spectacle point of view, happy to hold him for the forseeable

Wilton 40 lower game for teig, the ball just didnt seem to find him, hence why he had a season low 74 run metres (his first game under 100), nothing in attacking, and his normal acceptable error and MT rate. was frustrating watching as cronulla completely relaxed at 20 nil, when there was a score to be put on. Will hold him until rd 16 at least I think, and then might move him on, still averaging above 50 and playing in a good attacking team,

Hosking 26 think its time to let him go, he has serious competition for his place in sorenson, martin and salmon, who all named in matchday squad, I dislike that, and as much as I have enjoyed his score and his price rises, I think its probably prudent to let him go now. not sure exactly who or what, but an edge with good bye coverage is probably what I'll do. Luki, looked great, Hopgood could work, Hudson young is maybe one two many raiders and also Origin potential, will see what happens

Sj 71 played excellent, scored excellent, not much more to say except that i am really enjoying this late career renaissance, hope he resigns with warriors, he belongs there

Nicho 172 (c) couple of points on nicho, if cronulla play for 80 mins instead of relaxing he easily smashes a ton, nice to see him beat cleary this week, nice to see him bounce back, nice to see the scorers give him some joke rulings, and finally the luai performance gives me just a small hope that he doesnt get selected for origin, most likely he ends up being 18th man or something and really sh1tting us up, but we will see

Bird 65 poor jack having to play for the dragons, plays his heart out, racks up fantasy points, I barely even notice all the things hes doing then check the scores and yep theres his 60+

Manu 27 I am less keen on holding manu for a number of reasons, im not sure he holds the 6 position, i'm not sure hes back soon, I'm not high on the roosters, no decision yet, but having him on the pine fills me with no joy

Miller 34 4 below par scores in a row, he's losing a ton of cash, and although I have no statistical way of confirming it, he seems way less involved with ponga in the side,No try scored or try assist since rd 5, I think he might have regressed in terms of what we can expect from him, up against cronulla next rd, but then plays 13 and 16, a high break even so will most likely continue to shed money, early in the season I had faith in his performances, now I'm not seeing it as much, hes a problem

Tedesco 15 speaking of problems, what can you say about teddy, i refuse to trade him out when the roosters need a bounce back game and have the dragons, however he's been serving up a big load of nothing, i do maintain away at penrith is the hardest fixture in fantasy for opposing fbs, so I cut him a modicum of slack, think i'll trade him next week along with carrigan

Walsh 70 best score of the year for reece, who said he can't play in the big games, brucey bonus of kick metres and conversions, other than that great attacking play, Ponga's remergenec like that of Luai's makes me hope he wont play game 1 of origin and that would be a lovely surprise for rd 13. i still think we are yet to see him put it all together, and the biggest hindrance to the broncos is their hooker and head coach, really excited to see if he plays well vs penrith this week.

Interchange

CRossland 43 big mins, big tackles, good performance, think he is locking down that role, and very pleasing to see, thisis what I expected, don't mess w ith the forumla AOB

Drinkwater 33 if he had carried on like he did in the first half in the second I'd have been very pleased, not to worry, what I do like is that the cowboys seem to have turned the corner, drinky covers 13 and 16, and he's gonna make a little bit of cash, a bigger score would have been better, but it is what it is.

Preston 45 tbh a pretty standard game from preston, bulldogs just arent that good, he has a few explosive games where he scores better than this but looking at his match stats he was pretty much on his average for most of the base stats, another I might sell before byes, but in no rush

Tatola 44best score of the year for tevita, hopefully its a sign of things to come, though the late injury to burgess and the various HIA's in game means we don't have a clear indication of his future minutes and what not. I'm bever expecting huges scores, but rd13 coverage, his price and playing for a good team, I hope he does something extraordinary

Emergency

Oloapu 29 ok score from a base player, not much to say, if i find myself having to play him in my 1-17, I'm most likely in trouble or something dramatic has happened in his role, confidence, impact on the game,

Bula 36 against a tough team he scored ok, showed he's not mud week after week, impressing me

Couchman 26 thought he was a dead spot, anyhow looking to trade him when a suitable cheapy comes available

Nikorima BYE hope hes named this week and milford is not, otherwise I'll be happy to say goodbye

Team before trades is as follows (bolding rd13 players)

Boyd
    Carrigan, Tapine, Horsbrugh
    Wilton, Hosking
    SJ (bye), Hynes
    Manu (inj), Bird
    Walsh, Miller, Tedesco

crossland, drinkwater, tatola, preston
    NIkorima, Couchman, Oloapu, Bula

on my mind is robson, hopgood, lemelu, davey, luki, brad best, lomax (if recalled), milne, koula, kris, arthurs, burbo

trades out this week potentially

hosking, manu, couchman, nikorima,

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon May 15, 2023 10:01 pm

I actually do need another centre this week so it make sense to get one who plays 13 at a minimum

Slim pickings

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:46 am