NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 5 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:40 pm

hymenbustas wrote:Assuming Kennar is still out, im looking to put him into my start 13 WFB, and put Thompson and Dufty in my EMG:

#18 Havali
    #19 Dufty
    #20 Thompson

Dufty plays before Thompson. So assuming Dufty goes big, I will leave as is. If he does shit, I will swap Thompson with Havali and will get Thompson AE score.

Just confirming this will work. Kennar playing before or after Dufty/Thompson shouldn't matter right?

Assuming no other WFB on your bench you'll be fine
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 5 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Cap'n Ranta Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:41 pm

B/L wrote:Rabbits first up is annoying.

Surgess my only non playing player.

Put him in as a starter and you can loop your choice of 2RFs. Probably not a great idea as this is where your big scorers likely are and you'd have to miss one to do it.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:42 pm

Last week my first down week for looping.

I had Havili on loop duties and took his score anyway. But missed Nicholls score /price rise as I traded him out over Katoa last month
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:44 pm

Looping Isaako /Thompson this week with Katoa in my starting 13.

If Isaako does have a big score I'll play him over Thompson, but otherwise will just take Thompson.
    Would need to be a big score from isaako (probably 40+) to want to risk having Thompson out of the 17.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:56 pm

Have you done any basic analysis on the extra points you've gained verses trading Katoa in week two for another cow that actually makes money?
    Money made verse points gain thing.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:12 pm

code delta wrote:Have you done any basic analysis on the extra points you've gained verses trading Katoa in week two for another cow that actually makes money?

Can you really compare though ? Isn't there too many variables ? So you could have got an extra $200K how many points is that worth over how many weeks and depending on who you brought in. Unless you could categorically say a point =$X then it's all ifs buts and maybes
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:56 pm

code delta wrote:Have you done any basic analysis on the extra points you've gained verses trading Katoa in week two for another cow that actually makes money?

Extra points is 37.
    Cash given up is $36,000 (assuming I kept Nicholls instead of Katoa, and all other trades remained the same, think it works out cash wise that that would be OK)

But its hard to quantify exactly. Last 2 weeks I haven't looped - ie the guy who would have been in my 17 without looping played first, and I decided to keep his score, does this mean the insurance value of having loop open to me was worth nothing?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:38 pm

I've updated page 1 with some pictures of loop setups.

if i can be bothered I'll add another one later for double looping for times when you have 2 red dots
    hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

Post by hymenbustas Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:59 am

Looks like i have two DNP this week with Murray and Katoa. Anyone in a similar position and thinking of double looping?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:50 pm

If Murray is out this week is it possible to use him in looping even though his team plays first game of the round?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:25 pm

dreamers wrote:If Murray is out this week is it possible to use him in looping even though his team plays first game of the round?

You can name him as a starter, and swap 2RFs around in your 18-21 as long as you have some that play in a convenient order, and another emrgency to swap them with

Only works if there are no 2RFs in your 14-17, so probably not real viable for most.
    deathbywarriors
    deathbywarriors

Post by deathbywarriors Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:12 pm

Attempting my first ever loop this week. Looping Havili/Nicholls with Katoa at no. 17

What should I be happy with from Nicholls to resist switching to Havili?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:19 am

deathbywarriors wrote:Attempting my first ever loop this week. Looping Havili/Nicholls with Katoa at no. 17

What should I be happy with from Nicholls to resist switching to Havili?

It's up to you to determine what you are happy with. But Havili averages 34, so I would think somewhere in that vicinity would be what you'd accept from Nicholls
    Stinkbug
    Stinkbug

Post by Stinkbug Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:13 am

attempting my first loop this week too given i've got injuries to brown and murray. want to have a look at JMK and kennar.
    Will this set up work? watch kennar play tonight, if like what i see, leave as is, otherwise switch jmk and brown?
    Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 5 Loop10
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:30 am

Stinkbug wrote:attempting my first loop this week too given i've got injuries to brown and murray. want to have a look at JMK and kennar.
    Will this set up work? watch kennar play tonight, if like what i see, leave as is, otherwise switch jmk and brown?

Yes, that is fine.

Just as general advice, if you were forced to choose now, who would you play?
    If its Kennar then leave as is. if its JMK, then switch him and Brown now. That way if something happens and you lose net access or the site dies or whatever you will have your preferred setup by default.
    In this case you have 2 days to decide whether to loop or not so its not such a big deal, but if you are every trying a l;oop with people playing on the same day, best to be prepared for the possibility of not being able to change your team
    Stinkbug
    Stinkbug

Post by Stinkbug Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:45 am

Thanks Milch, great advice. Yeah, would probably usually play JMK so will rearrange. I am going out west this weekend so that is quite useful.
    Scouter
    Scouter

Post by Scouter Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:05 pm

Hi guys,

Started with an absolute dud in Leilua but now i guess i have a chance to try out the loophole.

So in this instance Welch plays first on Friday night so i get to see his score, if i decide to take it i simply do nothing and receive the AE for Leilua who plays the very next game. If i decide to pass on Welch i quickly sub Leilua for JMK and thats that right?

So the fact that there all different positions doesn't matter right i get #18's score regardless?

code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:26 pm

^ that's all right @Scouter

Post by Guest Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:45 pm

Placing Murray at 4th reserve and will pick the best score from Havili, Kennar, Doueihi and Goisk. Did it last week with Kennar out.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:22 pm

WT2K wrote:Placing Murray at 4th reserve and will pick the best score from Havili, Kennar, Doueihi and Goisk. Did it last week with Kennar out.

You realise Murray will lock out at 8pm tonight, so you'll end up with the score of whoever is in 18.

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:32 pm