NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 28 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Milchcow Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:53 pm

my tv broke wrote:Can someone please have a look at this and confirm/deny my logic. Trying to work out how to "complex" loop and its doing my head in. May as well try?!

I'm trying to figure out if I can "choose" two of SJ/Xerri/Staggs (even though I figure SJ should score alright).

Set up
    HLF: Moses, Walters
    WFB: Teddy, Tommy, Milford
    Bench
    #16: RTS
    #17: Staggs
    #18: Xerri
    #19: Coates
    #20: SJ

With the current lineup, I get SJ's score (because of Walters), and Xerri is set up to loop with Staggs (leave as is if Xerri scores well, swap Coates and Staggs, to get Staggs score if Xerri sucks).

Makes sense?

Currently Staggs will count over Xerri. You want to swap Coates and Staggs if Xerri scores well. This may be what you intended to say, but just double checking
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 28 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by my tv broke Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:54 pm

Yup - worded that poorly.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:09 pm

Is this the correct way to double loop?

16. Coates
    17. Hutchison
    18. Pearce
    19. Burns
    20. Nathan Brown
    21. Fifita

Pearce plays first, then Burns, then Brown. The two looping players play after the former 3.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:27 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:Is this the correct way to double loop?

16. Coates
    17. Hutchison
    18. Pearce
    19. Burns
    20. Nathan Brown
    21. Fifita

Pearce plays first, then Burns, then Brown. The two looping players play after the former 3.

Yep

If Pearce sucks, move Burns and Brown to 16 and 17

If Pearce goes well, wait for Burns - if Burns sucks bring Brown into 16 or 17. If Burns goes well then leave as is, and no Brown score for you.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:30 pm

Only SJ on loop this round.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:45 pm

Milchy wrote:

Yep

If Pearce sucks, move Burns and Brown to 16 and 17

If Pearce goes well, wait for Burns - if Burns sucks bring Brown into 16 or 17. If Burns goes well then leave as is, and no Brown score for you.

Cheers mate.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:51 pm

@milchy (or anyone else) any thoughts on the loop for the community team?

Lots of options but my preference was to loop SST and Staggs for the last spot (and play the rest) Staggs goes before SST so a chance to see if he can go big (or perhpas just over 45) if not get the safe play in SST

The alternative would be to play SST and loop Burns and Staggs. Trouble with that (as I see it) is that because Staggs scores quite low on average, we'd probably end up taking a score from Burns of 30 to 35. And so therefore the loop is arguably less rewarding than option 1.

What do you think?
    EJ24
    EJ24

Post by EJ24 Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:36 am

How would you guys set up a loop for this team?

Smith
    Fifi haas
    Kapow Lolo Murray
    Dce Sj
    Niko Bateman
    Teddy Milf Ponga

Cook Mcinnes Fainu Sailor
    Walters RTS Carrigan Latrell

This is the setup I've gone for... If RTS shits the bed against the raiders Carrigan swaps for Walters before that game starts. If carrigan bangs out a good score he stays, if he doesn't Lateral goes in as 17th man for sailor.

How would you do it?
    Cheers,
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:28 pm

Do I take Twal's 42 or loop in Burns or Collins ?
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:26 pm

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 28 0f54a310

Is this how looping works?
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:25 pm

Fortitude wrote:

Is this how looping works?

Yeah. If Fifita is shit, swap CNK and Brittain before the Raiders game begins.

If Fifita is good you don't have to do anything. Good luck
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:08 pm

This one is for @sumo13  , as we both have that useless (IRL) fucking spud Javid Bowen.

I'm going to make some assumptions here; first, that you have not made any trades this week and secondly that you do not intend to put the C on Ted or Batman. If this is the case, you could set your team as follows (only do this if Coates is definitely not playing)

Cook
    Haas  Taupau
    Lolo  Jurbo  Murray
    ARey  Ponga
    Nikora  Bowen
    Turbo  RTS  Coates

CS9
    CM9
    Johnson
    Ted
    Bateman
    Carrigan
    Fifita
    Verilis

If Carrigan goes well don't do anything. At the end of the round Ted and Bateman will sub into the starting team and Carrigan will move into position 17

If Carrigan is shit, swap Bateman and Fifita. At the end of the round Ted and Bateman will sub into the starting team and Fifita will move into position 17. If you do this part of the loop and Fifita ends up getting a shit score as well you could take a punt on Verilis by swapping him with Ted.

Good luck

Last edited by Cookie Monster on Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:26 pm; edited 4 times in total
    DaGold

Post by DaGold Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:06 am

Cookie you sound like you know stuff!  Could you or someone else have a look at my setup for me please?

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 28 C310

I think the main question I have around possible scenarios in the above is if I Taupau goes large, if I put Ponga into 17 does he sub Coates or Walters?  If Coats it works because I can then just swap Ponga and Walters if SJ tanks and grab burn's score?  Gut tells me Ponga would sub Walters and then Burns subs Coates if I move Ponga to 17?

I thought I had this worked out yesterday :/
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:45 am

DaGold wrote:Cookie you sound like you know stuff!  Could you or someone else have a look at my setup for me please?

I think the main question I have around possible scenarios in the above is if I Taupau goes large, if I put Ponga into 17 does he sub Coates or Walters?  If Coats it works because I can then just swap Ponga and Walters if SJ tanks and grab burn's score?  Gut tells me Ponga would sub Walters and then Burns subs Coates if I move Ponga to 17?

I thought I had this worked out yesterday :/

If you put Ponga into position 17 in this scenario, he should sub into Coates position. The substitution order is based on the priority that you have given to your substitutes. In this case you would have a WFB at position 17, a HLF at position 19 and another WFB at position 21. In your starting team you have a red-dot WFB and a red-dot HLF, so the system is going to want to grab the first available WFB and then the first available HLF (in this case Ponga and Johnson respectively.) If you had set the team up with Ponga in 17, Burns in 19 and Johnson in 21, the system would sub Ponga into Walters position and Burns into Coates position.

Who are you planning on leaving out to get Ponga into 17? Fifita, I assume. You know you have a damn solid team when you can afford to do things like that.

Good luck with your looping
    DaGold

Post by DaGold Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:32 pm

Brilliant mate thanks, makes sense for it to check like that!

Yeah prob Fifi. Still a chance I loop Arrow but i reckon he comes out like a bull from a gate.  Tevaga another possibility but pretty sure Fifi unless late mail has him starting.

Cheers mate your help was appreciated! Smile
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

Post by Ben Marlin Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:02 pm

Could somebody please help me set up a loop.

This is my centres + bench 

Centres: Billy Smith (NPR), Bateman 

McInnes
    Cook
    Taumalolo 
    Coates

Twal
    Verrills
    Staggs
    Nikora

I need 1 out of Staggs/Nikora to loop into my centres and I need 2 out of Twal/Verrills/Staggs/Nikor for my final 2 bench spots

Any help would be much appreciated
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:22 pm

Did you get this answered in the other thread? I think you want to swap Staggs and Verrills.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:26 am

You can’t sub out (c) anymore can you? Is there anyway to get haas Vc score?

I have Smith captain, only 17 players and Britain as red dot hooker
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:58 am

Shanbon wrote:You can’t sub out (c) anymore can you? Is there anyway to get haas Vc score?

I have Smith captain, only 17 players and Britain as red dot hooker

Captain is locked.

All you can do is pray that Cam Smith goes down in the warm up.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:31 am

If i have guths 43 sitting at 18 and 17 has played, a hlf/wfb has to not play to receive it.  All reserves are playing.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:18 am