NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

mattnz
    Fanatic

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 2 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:07 pm

Milchcow wrote:

SO this is what you seem to be recommending.
    (Its probably best to assume that instead of Tedesco - you are looping some other WFB that plays early in the round who you might not want in your 17. I'll leave Tedesco in there for now but in reality he'll always be in your 17 and you would probably want to try the loop on someone else)

FRF: TPJ
    2RF: Rochow

14. Cook
    15: 2RF (with no FRF DPP)
    16. ?? (not 2RF or FRF)
    17. FRF (with no 2RF DPP) - for arguments sake lets say Lodge
    18. Tedesco
    19. Griffin
    20. Kikau
    21. Croker

So with no changes, Lodge will go to FRF for AE and Teddy will slide into 17.

Moving Griffin into interchange in 14-16 won't change that. Lodge will AE for TPJ and tedesco will slide into 17, and you'll lose the score of whoever made way for Griffin.
    Moving Griffin into 17 and Lodge into 19 means you'll lose Teddy's score and Lodge will be AE for TPJ

You could move Lodge to 21 and Griffin into 17, will get Kikau as AE instead of Tedesco - but you have to give up Lodge's potential score to do so. This is the main benefit being described. You get to see both Tedesco and Kikau's scores, and decide which one you want to keep. The potential backfire is that you have to give up the score of Lodge to do so (and can only score one of Tedesco/Kikau - if they both do well then you still have to give one up)

To do this you have to have a team of people playing the right position, playing games in the right order. Its not something you can reliably do every week.

Teddy is playing early enough in the round for it to work, it is all comparative to the other pieces you have that you can move around. Knights, Tigers, Broncos all play after he does, so its fine.

Sometimes it may mean playing someone in the emergencies that may not be what you would always have chosen, i.e. Griffin, but to me Thompson at Fullback against Eels should do just fine. In the case where we want to take Teddy's score, we are getting Griffins score anyway.

Another alternative is if Teddy and Kikau both flop with bad scores, then you can still get Griffins score instead in that scenario too.

My general philosophy is that if you can see the scores before making decisions on who to play, you have much better information than someone that doesn't and a much better chance of not getting low scores and capturing high scores of high variance players like Kikau and Tedesco who can both get 20 one week and 70 the next.

By having non-players in the 13, you get the chance to see 2 or 3 players play each week before deciding which to take. If your non-player is dual and plays late in the round, you get lots of options on how to do it. It has been easy to make it work for me on each of the 3 weeks that I have tried it, because I deliberately targeted a non-playing reserve that plays late in each of the first 9 rounds.

You aren't moving Lodge (or other original FRF starter that has been swapped to interchange), you are still getting their score regardless. You are just moving players to clear the way for the loop to work, as it doesn't work if you have lots of duals in the interchange, like Rochow. The other advantage of Rochow in the starting pack is that he becomes interchangeable with TPJ to be either a FRF or 2RF, as both play at the end of the round.
    code delta
    code delta

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 2 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by code delta Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:54 pm

said it in an earlier thread, but seeing as it's the hot topic - making this new loophole a part of your strategy this early in the season seems to me to be a pretty good way to run out of steam at the tail-end, the money one could be missing out of by purposefully keeping red dots in their team doesn't seem worth it to me

This is what I'm thinking.
    Looping comes into play around origin time. I want to make money at this stage.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:13 pm

code delta wrote:

This is what I'm thinking.
    Looping comes into play around origin time. I want to make money at this stage.

You will be struggling to field a full team at origin time, no opportunity to loophole then
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:39 pm

Hi, I am Random.

I was an avid loophooler of the past. Particularly when the Captain's Loophole was available. I was a big loop holer during the bye rounds last season. I was addicted to loopholing towards the end of the season last year. That I would willingly trade out scoring players for NPRs. This lead me to a downward spiral of burning trades and having no injury cover towards the end.

I can say, I have successfully avoided loopholing since September last year. It has been a tremendous turn around for my team. Looking healthier than ever, with a steady cash flow and carrying players with potential.

Though... I get that itch sometimes... You know... Maybe just one loophole won't hurt.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:43 pm

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 2 P05xb9jg
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:58 pm

If i may have committed a murder in the past, would u guys mind if i confessed it here ? Seems appropriate n all. Cheers guys. See you in hell Twisted Evil
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:31 pm

Random wrote:Hi, I am Random.

I was an avid loophooler of the past. Particularly when the Captain's Loophole was available. I was a big loop holer during the bye rounds last season. I was addicted to loopholing towards the end of the season last year. That I would willingly trade out scoring players for NPRs. This lead me to a downward spiral of burning trades and having no injury cover towards the end.

I can say, I have successfully avoided loopholing since September last year. It has been a tremendous turn around for my team. Looking healthier than ever, with a steady cash flow and carrying players with potential.

Though... I get that itch sometimes... You know... Maybe just one loophole won't hurt.

Welcome Random
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:38 pm

So too much chaos led me to banking two trades and keeping my head in the sand (to the detriment of not getting Murray in).
    With the news of Lodge at risk (still haven't had a chance to find out what the issue is), I'm fairly sure I've got Kikaus loop sorted, but just trying to ensure I've got my butt covered with Lodge possibly playing / possibly red dotting.

If Lodge plays - all good. If lodge red dots, in the setup below, I'll get Havilli right?
    FRF - NAS; Arrow
    2RF - Merrin (34 Evil or Very Mad ); Griffin; Tohu

14 - RFM
    15 - Cook
    16 - Lodge
    17 - TPJ
    18 - Kikau (54 scores for TPJ)
    19 - Havilli (should score for Lodge if Lodge is out?)

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:03 am

BroncHose wrote:So too much chaos led me to banking two trades and keeping my head in the sand (to the detriment of not getting Murray in).
    With the news of Lodge at risk (still haven't had a chance to find out what the issue is), I'm fairly sure I've got Kikaus loop sorted, but just trying to ensure I've got my butt covered with Lodge possibly playing / possibly red dotting.

If Lodge plays - all good. If lodge red dots, in the setup below, I'll get Havilli right?
    FRF - NAS; Arrow
    2RF - Merrin (34  Evil or Very Mad ); Griffin; Tohu

14 - RFM
    15 - Cook
    16 - Lodge
    17 - TPJ
    18 - Kikau (54 scores for TPJ)
    19 - Havilli (should score for Lodge if Lodge is out?)
    Correct

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:29 am

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 2 E4765d10
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:41 am

Random wrote:
    So you have an itchy loophole?

Better get that checked out by a Dr.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:42 pm

Forgive me Forum, for I have sinned.
    It has been 7 months since my last confession.
    Today I looped TPJ up my hole to avoid JMK.
    And I liked it.

What is the appropriate penance?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:03 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:Forgive me Forum, for I have sinned.
    It has been 7 months since my last confession.
    Today I looped TPJ up my hole to avoid JMK.
    And I liked it.

What is the appropriate penance?

Your penance is that whoever you play instead will only score 2 points
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:13 am

So my ingenious looping of Kikau over Rochow has lost me 8 points. Can't fault my initial decision or logic so I'm not unhappy about that. Guess the game just swings against you sometimes Smile

17. Kennar - 0
    18. Kikau - 54
    19. Rochow - 62

This week I'm poolhopping Fualalo............... cause I can and fully expect to replace him with Kikau but figure I'll take the free look (especially with Tolman out). 38+ and I wont activate Kikau.

17. Kennar
    18. Fualalo
    19. Kikau

Need to figure out some other trades though. Need to start freeing up cash to get a gun HLF. Hoping SJ has another quiet game or two while I'm working on that though. Also will give me time to see if DCE will keep the goal kicking with D. Walker returning. Hopefully it doesn't take so long that Cleary is back though..............................

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:38 am

I think I might kill my loop possibilities this week with Katoa - Fifita.
    Means also bringing Maloney in, so not confirmed yet.

Downside is using up my cash reserves, with Doueihi, Croker and Havili close to maxing out. Hope a new cheapie turns up to give me someone to cash out to
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:42 am

Where's the dedication to the cause ?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:49 am

This week not a great one for looping Katoa.

Can get a free look at Havili. Or set up a potential swap with Thompson and Isaako.

If I did keep Katoa, would you lose Havili, Croker, Doueihi or Isaako.
    Probably keep Isaako as my only CTR/WFB cover, so it's out of the other 3, who all should make some more cash
    hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

Post by hymenbustas Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:54 am

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 2 Untitl10

Hi guys, new to looping, can anyone see any potential loop with Kennar being the only DNP? Cheers
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:59 am

hymenbustas wrote:Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 2 Untitl10

Hi guys, new to looping, can anyone see any potential loop with Kennar being the only DNP? Cheers

17. Kennar
    18. Havili
    19. Kikau/Lodge/Rochow/Dufty (whoever you think will score less)

If Havili goes big tomorrow, do nothing.
    Otherwise swap Kennar with whoever you have put in 19.

hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

Post by hymenbustas Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:28 am

My man! Cheers milch

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:58 pm