NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

B/L
    B/L

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 3 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by B/L Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:13 pm

Burgess being out is a pain in the ass, however should I loop Havilli or JMK

If the person I loop spuds up I am considering trading Burgess to Macca given I am sitting 52nd and dont want to lose pace with the top.
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 3 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Cap'n Ranta Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:05 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    This week not a great one for looping Katoa.

Can get a free look at Havili. Or set up a potential swap with Thompson and Isaako.

If I did keep Katoa, would you lose Havili, Croker, Doueihi or Isaako.
    Probably keep Isaako as my only CTR/WFB cover, so it's out of the other 3, who all should make some more cash

Katoa is due back next week anyway. If he's not helping you this week he's probably better to move. That being said, while it will take a while for Katoa's -3 to go from his score he's still a better cow (hopefully) than anyone else I can immediately see.

Personally I see no rush for trading out either Isaako or Croker as I'm sure they'll have a good score soon enough and are good covers for positions I don't see a lot of depth at nor want to waste trades in.

From the bench Doueihi has 1 week before he's likely a must trade. Need to make sure you have cash or a target for this.

Havili isn't urgent with at least one more good rise. But with all the points above he would be my first choice this week.

Fifita still with a high BE this week. Maybe hold? I'd rather Doueihi to Fifita next week to leave some more coin from their prices getting closer.

I also like Maloney as a cashout this week if you have a NAS/SST/Croft etc. thats higher you want out of. More cash will fund good upgrades for these guys in the next few weeks.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:36 pm

hymenbustas wrote:Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 3 Untitl10

Hi guys, new to looping, can anyone see any potential loop with Kennar being the only DNP? Cheers

G'day mate

As another option you could perform a loop with your WFB's. I'd probably try it with Thompson and Dufty as they are likely to score less than Tedesco and Ponga.

To do this one; substitute Kennar into your starting team in place of Thompson and set up your reserve bench as follows,

Cook
    Rochow
    Lodge
    TPJ
    Havili
    Thompson
    Dufty
    Croker

After the St.George vs Souths game on Friday check Dufty's score:

If he guns it you will need to swap Thompson into Croker's position. Your last four spots will look like

Havili
                                                                       Croker
                                                                       Dufty
                                                                       Thompson

At the end of the round Dufty will AE into Kennar's position

If Dufty's score is crap; do nothing

At the end of the round Thompson will AE into Kennar's position

Note: You can organize bench positions 14-18 any way you like, depending on how you think those players will score. I put Croker in position 21 because I think he will be your lowest scorer, but you can have Rochow or Lodge or TPJ in that position if you prefer. Do not put Havili or Cook in position 21 as they play before (or at the same time as) the St.George game and will be locked into their respective positions.

Good luck
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:44 pm

Doesn't matter who you decide to loop with but agree with yourself a number you are happy with before the game. Easier to be more subjective before the game I find.

Also sometimes looping caps your team. Note that Thompson and Dufty might both gun it and you can't get both their scores if you loop them. I like both of these guys above Havili. If I could see Thompson or Dufty before Havili that'd be different.

With your team I'd stick with Milch's loop as I think its your best team and protects you if Havili goes huge (I see this as super unlikely). I'd have Thompson or Dufty sitting in spot 19.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:47 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:

Note: You can organize bench positions 14-18 any way you like, depending on how you think those players will score. I put Croker in position 21 because I think he will be your lowest scorer, but you can have Rochow or Lodge or TPJ in that position if you prefer. Do not put Havili or Cook in position 21 as they play before (or at the same time as) the St.George game and will be locked into their respective positions.

Good luck

Good advice Cookie Monster.

Although to clarify, the reason you do not want Cook in 21, is not because he plays early. Cook is one of your best scorers and you will want to play him every week anyway. He is not worth stuffing around with for loopholes.
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:49 pm

B/L wrote:Burgess being out is a pain in the ass, however should I loop Havilli or JMK

If the person I loop spuds up I am considering trading Burgess to Macca given I am sitting 52nd and dont want to lose pace with the top.

Do it with JMK as he has a higher ceiling. If he flames you can make the trade to Macca (or the Tongan Fifita if rd 13 planning has started)

Havili likely won't help you keep up (36 and 33 are both his high scores with a try).

All depends on the question - What score do you want and how much do you value trades?

hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

Post by hymenbustas Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:10 pm

Thanks cookie
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:09 am

Will this work as a loophole?

Cook
    Lodge
    Griffin
    Kennar
    JMK
    Maloney
    Hiku
    Havili

If JMK goes nuts tonight I can leave as is, if he has another poor score I can swap Kennar with Maloney??

Seems right to me
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:45 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Will this work as a loophole?

Cook
    Lodge
    Griffin
    Kennar
    JMK
    Maloney
    Hiku
    Havili

If JMK goes nuts tonight I can leave as is, if he has another poor score I can swap Kennar with Maloney??

Seems right to me

100% A+
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:13 am

Excellent
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:02 am

Am I doin it right?

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 3 459519b4fb1bcff03fe696aa084afe0a

If JMK goes huge, I swap Leilua with Fonua. Then if Leilua goes massive I can swap Croker for Molo.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:56 am

From my view point yeah that looks fine random.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:03 pm

Random wrote:Am I doin it right?

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 3 459519b4fb1bcff03fe696aa084afe0a

If JMK goes huge, I swap Leilua with Fonua. Then if Leilua goes massive I can swap Croker for Molo.

Looks good
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:37 pm

Cheer's fella's. Just wanted to make sure my first loophole of the year is a good one. Also you get a sneak peak at my Auto-Fill team.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:16 pm

Haha I don't know wether to put JMK or Havili in my loophole? Razz

I guess they both end up scoring 30. Depends which has the capability to go large.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:42 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Haha I don't know wether to put JMK or Havili in my loophole? Razz

I guess they both end up scoring 30. Depends which has the capability to go large.

Will the non-looper be part of your 17?

JMK probably the bigger chance of going large. If Havili pops out a 30 like he has been all season, would you loop or keep his score? I think looping Havili is just going to lead to an awkward choice about whether to risk the score or not.

Disclaimer, I don't have JMK, so will be looping Havili
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:09 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Will the non-looper be part of your 17?

JMK probably the bigger chance of going large. If Havili pops out a 30 like he has been all season, would you loop or keep his score? I think looping Havili is just going to lead to an awkward choice about whether to risk the score or not.

Disclaimer, I don't have JMK, so will be looping Havili

They are fighting for 18th spot. Kennar in at 17.
    If the guy in 18 busts out a dud score tonight I'll bring Maloney in for Carty and swap him for Kennar.

Does that make any sense.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:15 pm

Basically I have to make a choice between JMK and Havili. If that guy duds out I'll put Maloney into the 17
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:57 pm

I've lost my loophole virginity. Feels good but wish there was more upside.
    17. Kennar
    18. Havili
    19. Isaalo

Ricky plays Havili for 80 minutes tonight because he just keeps scoring tries. New banner here next week.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:02 am

Just realised i can potentially double loop this week. Kennar into 17 with Havili 18 gives me his 46, but i can also put Rochow into 19 and get a look at his score, using TPJ (if he is out) in the FRF 13 if he goes alright. So whose score should i miss out on if i need to loop Rochow- Lodge or Kikau??

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:50 pm