NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

Post by Revraiser Thu May 16, 2024 11:22 am

White Lightning wrote:After walsh was ruled out lol & it could sum up this year

That's gr8, cheers WL
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu May 16, 2024 11:25 am

WT Winfield wrote:

I'd hold Strange for the bye now. Maybe flick to Koula or the next hotness for Rd 14

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
    WT, I think I'm with you on this one.
    I'll hold Strange this week and see how Koula goes at FB.
    Trades are really at a premium now.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Thu May 16, 2024 11:27 am

Aardvark wrote:Thinking about this some more as I'm bewildered but It's a desperate situation when Griffin Neame is being thrown up as a valid option. He is a poor man's Jaimin Jolliffe or an Aldi Flegler.

It may well be that he strings a few games together but anyone who has watched a Cowboys game will know he's a big honest toiler, prone to a dropped ball, not prone to an offload or TB who may barge over for a try from 1.5 meters out once every couple of seasons. He's a $500k FRF who is pretty much priced at $500k.

He's Aiden Tolman with half the minutes

It's a fair call. I think I'm more hoping for a mid-40 output during the Origin period. Probably stupid to hang my hopes on that one.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 16, 2024 11:29 am

Aardvark wrote:Thinking about this some more as I'm bewildered but It's a desperate situation when Griffin Neame is being thrown up as a valid option. He is a poor man's Jaimin Jolliffe or an Aldi Flegler.

It may well be that he strings a few games together but anyone who has watched a Cowboys game will know he's a big honest toiler, prone to a dropped ball, not prone to an offload or TB who may barge over for a try from 1.5 meters out once every couple of seasons. He's a $500k FRF who is pretty much priced at $500k.

He's Aiden Tolman with half the minutes

This literally made me laugh out loud.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu May 16, 2024 11:30 am

mickspicks wrote:

It's a fair call. I think I'm more hoping for a mid-40 output during the Origin period. Probably stupid to hang my hopes on that one.

If you want a MID in that price range, Oregon Kaufusi is the guy, as I've said earlier.

Unlike Neame he actually looks like an attacking threat, has been busting tackles and offloading more recently, and the Sharks are a much better team than the Cowboys.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu May 16, 2024 11:33 am

WT Winfield wrote:

I'd hold Strange for the bye now. Maybe flick to Koula or the next hotness for Rd 14

If you wait on Koula and get him in R14, he is likely to be significantly more expensive and you only have him at fullback for rounds 14, 15 and 16, with a bye in 17 and Turbo expected back in R18. Not sure he will be worth it then.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Thu May 16, 2024 11:33 am

Bethany_B wrote:

If you want a MID in that price range, Oregon Kaufusi is the guy, as I've said earlier.

Unlike Neame he actually looks like an attacking threat, has been busting tackles and offloading more recently, and the Sharks are a much better team than the Cowboys.

The two recent tries puts me off him, although the week prior to the tries he scored well, too.

Alternative options are jumping on Nikora now and hoping he keeps building. Or, Moale for a cheaper option with upside of cash gen.

Realistically I should be looking at WFB options but nothing jumping out at me besides the Turbo > Koula trade.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu May 16, 2024 11:37 am

mickspicks wrote:

The two recent tries puts me off him, although the week prior to the tries he scored well, too.

Alternative options are jumping on Nikora now and hoping he keeps building. Or, Moale for a cheaper option with upside of cash gen.

Realistically I should be looking at WFB options but nothing jumping out at me besides the Turbo > Koula trade.

His scoring has been pretty decent even discounting the tries, and he's in a team that'll give him a few. Brailey has been very good at passing short near the line.

He's stepped up a lot this year, and looks much more dynamic. Moale's an okay shout but seems a bit ploddy for my liking, and Souths also suck.

That said, if you don't need a MID and need a WFB instead, go that way. Could go for Dom Young if your round 14 numbers are decent enough, the Chooks draw is soft as baby shit for basically the remainder of the year.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Thu May 16, 2024 11:50 am

Bethany_B wrote:

His scoring has been pretty decent even discounting the tries, and he's in a team that'll give him a few. Brailey has been very good at passing short near the line.

He's stepped up a lot this year, and looks much more dynamic. Moale's an okay shout but seems a bit ploddy for my liking, and Souths also suck.

That said, if you don't need a MID and need a WFB instead, go that way. Could go for Dom Young if your round 14 numbers are decent enough, the Chooks draw is soft as baby shit for basically the remainder of the year.

Don't mind the Dom Young shout at all. He's on a bit of a run. Could be worth the gamble. Cheers.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu May 16, 2024 11:56 am

mickspicks wrote:

Don't mind the Dom Young shout at all. He's on a bit of a run. Could be worth the gamble. Cheers.

Yeah he's a decent one, just keep an eye on round 14.

The draw is disgustingly good, only a handful of games against genuine contenders (really just Sharks this week and Storm later on)

Sharks
    Raiders
    Cowboys (origin affected)
    Bye
    Parra
    Dogs (origin affected)
    Tigers
    Dragons
    Bye
    Storm
    Manly
    Dolphins
    Bye
    Parra
    Titans
    Raiders
    Souths
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu May 16, 2024 11:57 am

mattnz wrote:

If you wait on Koula and get him in R14, he is likely to be significantly more expensive and you only have him at fullback for rounds 14, 15 and 16, with a bye in 17 and Turbo expected back in R18. Not sure he will be worth it then.

Yeah. This.

The point for mine is that my team doesn't need another WFB this week.
    Koula would be worth it if he starts busting out 50 point games.
    I already have Ted, Armstrong, Garrick, CNK & Weekes covering the WFB position.
    Strange offers an extra Half and Centre cover over a couple of the big byes.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu May 16, 2024 12:01 pm

mattnz wrote:

He'll probably be under 500k still after 2 rounds. Besides, can't have them all. Keep grabbing the latest must have and you'll be out of trades soon.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu May 16, 2024 12:06 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

He'll probably be under 500k still after 2 rounds. Besides, can't have them all. Keep grabbing the latest must have and you'll be out of trades soon.

With a 50 average he will be $508k in the price predictor. If he isn't getting at least that, you wouldn't want him anyway.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu May 16, 2024 12:09 pm

So, last night we said it would be interesting to guess who the alleged QLD 'star' was based on changes to teamlists. I'm sure we weren't the only ones thinking this.

This morning Walsh withdraws due to a knee injury. That really is unfortunate timing for an injury, as lots of people will draw erroneous conclusions.

I hope his knee gets better soon.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu May 16, 2024 12:09 pm

mattnz wrote:

With a 50 average he will be $508k in the price predictor. If he isn't getting at least that, you wouldn't want him anyway.

It's two games. Even Teddy and Ponga score 20s. I'm not a "get them this week or not at all" kinda guy if there's value there.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu May 16, 2024 12:12 pm

Is the assumption that the Walsh withdrawal & last night's unfortunate allegations are unrelated?

Very unfortunate timing for him if so.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 16, 2024 12:14 pm

I'm quite keen on Koula, but I think some need to tamper expectations. I know matchups and all mean nothing but his 4 games at FB were against the Dogs, Tigers, Raiders and Sharks. Next three games are Broncos, Storm and Penrith. Just something to remember. Playing the Bunnies in 16 though is mighty tasty.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu May 16, 2024 12:30 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:So, last night we said it would be interesting to guess who the alleged QLD 'star' was based on changes to teamlists. I'm sure we weren't the only ones thinking this.

This morning Walsh withdraws due to a knee injury. That really is unfortunate timing for an injury, as lots of people will draw erroneous conclusions.

I hope his knee gets better soon.

If it is just a 1 week knee injury, he may be a sell anyway. Will miss 5 rounds in the next 14 and is one less Origin player you need to worry about holding.

I might need to change my avatar just in case, lol.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu May 16, 2024 12:41 pm

mattnz wrote:

If it is just a 1 week knee injury, he may be a sell anyway. Will miss 5 rounds in the next 14 and is one less Origin player you need to worry about holding.

I might need to change my avatar just in case, lol.

Oh, I'm not an owner - he's never felt like a back 3 keeper. Just spitballing as a Broncs and Maroons fan.
    precursor
    precursor

Post by precursor Thu May 16, 2024 12:44 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

Would you trade Strange for Koula?

As others have said I'd probably hold Strange until round 13. 3 Knights players on bye next week so I need to keep some green dots around. I have Turbo, Piakura and Waddell who would all go before Strange anyway.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:18 pm