NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

Post by L-Jimmy Thu May 16, 2024 11:23 am

wolfking wrote:

I was happy to keep him in the EMG and use him next week for Armstrong and in round 13 if need be but I think I'd rather change trade plans and keep Strange over him.  Kris to Weeks is obvious but then can't do Salmon to Nikora, would have to be Matto.  Or skip Weeks and go Cole and worry about filling Armstrong next week.  Could still pick up Weeks next week but probably feels now or never.

Could go Russell and Nikora but that feels gross.  

Kris->Weekes, Salmon->Matto seem like strong trades. I bought in the same dudes last week and feel ok about it. Nikora is a good option no doubt, but the price difference, history, current form, and DPP makes Matto an easy preference in my book.

NoSpeakaAnyInglis
    NoSpeakaAnyInglis

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

Post by NoSpeakaAnyInglis Thu May 16, 2024 11:31 am

mattnz wrote:

In a couple of weeks, it should be Campbell, Foran, Weaver.

Fifita looking as good as ever. High work rate and involved in attack.

That would look a whole lot better. I think Foran is the key there. Not a fan of Campbell nor do I think he is a positive contributor to winning rugby league games.
    So if Fifita averages 65 for the next 3 weeks he will essentially be the same price still? Is there a rush?

Also worth noting that his best 3 scores have come in the lead up and cool off period of his impending contract option deadline?
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Thu May 16, 2024 11:36 am

One thing about Fifita is he can create a 20 point play from nowhere, few tackles, bit of metres gained and bam! 60 points
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 16, 2024 11:37 am

L-Jimmy wrote:

Kris->Weekes, Salmon->Matto seem like strong trades. I bought in the same dudes last week and feel ok about it. Nikora is a good option no doubt, but the price difference, history, current form, and DPP makes Matto an easy preference in my book.

Thanks mate, might have to lean that way. Not sold on Weeks for some reason but good JS for now and low BE makes him the best cow of the week. Matto could be anything, the only difference with Nikora you know he's locked in for 80 minutes, Matto who knows.

After the Lane discussion I just had a look on the Eels forum too and yeah, so many of them can't stand Lane and want him dropped. Means nothing but still interesting. The few low minute bench games Matto has had is a concern but at the same time with Hoppo bound for Origin, it makes him a more appealing option again I suppose.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu May 16, 2024 11:42 am

All this talk of the lack of round 13 MIDs, and I think there's one going under the radar.

Oregon Kaufusi.

While he has scored tries in his past two games, I think the bigger reason to get him is that his minutes are way up, and even with Rudolf and Hamlin-Uele in the team, he's taken a starting spot for his own alongside Hazelton.

He's playing big minutes (57, 45, 60 in his last 3) and seems to be quite a dynamic player, busting tackles and offloading.

For only 555k and playing both 13 and 14, he's piqued my interest.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu May 16, 2024 11:44 am

Just realised that a fair few of these plonkers will be in my team for the long haul jocolor
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu May 16, 2024 11:46 am

wolfking wrote:

Thanks mate, might have to lean that way.  Not sold on Weeks for some reason but good JS for now and low BE makes him the best cow of the week.  Matto could be anything, the only difference with Nikora you know he's locked in for 80 minutes, Matto who knows.  

After the Lane discussion I just had a look on the Eels forum too and yeah, so many of them can't stand Lane and want him dropped.  Means nothing but still interesting.  The few low minute bench games Matto has had is a concern but at the same time with Hoppo bound for Origin, it makes him a more appealing option again I suppose.

Matterson is priced at 38, averages 45 in 30+ minutes off the bench and when he gets the opportunity, 55 at EDG and 48 at lock.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 16, 2024 11:52 am

mattnz wrote:

Matterson is priced at 38, averages 45 in 30+ minutes off the bench and when he gets the opportunity, 55 at EDG and 48 at lock.

He's still definite value and I wrote him off after the game last week but I'm interested again. The concern is more BA. There's every bloody chance come Sunday Carty starts and Matto moves to the bench. Bar one game this year, all of the games he's come off the bench have been under 40 minutes.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu May 16, 2024 11:54 am

Bethany_B wrote:All this talk of the lack of round 13 MIDs, and I think there's one going under the radar.

Oregon Kaufusi.

While he has scored tries in his past two games, I think the bigger reason to get him is that his minutes are way up, and even with Rudolf and Hamlin-Uele in the team, he's taken a starting spot for his own alongside Hazelton.

He's playing big minutes (57, 45, 60 in his last 3) and seems to be quite a dynamic player, busting tackles and offloading.

For only 555k and playing both 13 and 14, he's piqued my interest.

Long career average of 27.

This year (9 game) average of 40, off the back of the last 3 games where he scored 2 tries, 1 TA, 2 LB, 1 LBA.

The 6 games previous to those three he scored 0 tries, 0 TA, 0 LB, 0 LBA.

If you think he's a new attacking weapon then go for it.

But as his career averages are 0.2, 0.1, 0.2, 0.1 over a large sample, I'm not interested.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu May 16, 2024 11:55 am

wolfking wrote:

He's still definite value and I wrote him off after the game last week but I'm interested again.  The concern is more BA.  There's every bloody chance come Sunday Carty starts and Matto moves to the bench.  Bar one game this year, all of the games he's come off the bench have been under 40 minutes.

I bought Matto last week on a whim for Salmon but I definitely wouldn't do the same this week (mainly because i lost 3 to long term injury and would have loved to have had that trade back)......I reckon keep an eye on him and pick him up heading into 13 if he's getting the minutes. I don't think his price is going anywhere in a huge hurry....I hope I'm wrong.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu May 16, 2024 11:56 am

Walsh out this weekend. 

Knee injury but only the one week at this stage
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Thu May 16, 2024 11:59 am

Just stumbled across Neame. Could be worth a shout this week and moving in to origin? Although MacLean is back.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 16, 2024 12:00 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Walsh out this weekend. 

Knee injury but only the one week at this stage

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 3 Giphy
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu May 16, 2024 12:01 pm

wolfking wrote:

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 3 Giphy
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu May 16, 2024 12:01 pm

mickspicks wrote:Just stumbled across Neame. Could be worth a shout this week and moving in to origin? Although MacLean is back.
    I'd prefer Neame over someone like Moale.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu May 16, 2024 12:01 pm

Thought I had better bring some proof
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu May 16, 2024 12:03 pm

mickspicks wrote:Just stumbled across Neame. Could be worth a shout this week and moving in to origin? Although MacLean is back.

Neame and Moale are both great shouts I reckon. Low BEs, good scores in decent minutes, decent JS with looming Origin.

I was bringing in JMK thjis week, but may pause and grab Neame/Moale for cash, coverage and a 40 (which of them to choose depends on team balance over byes).
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu May 16, 2024 12:05 pm

Hearing the player done for rape is the Milf?

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 16, 2024 12:06 pm

Aardvark wrote:

I bought Matto last week on a whim for Salmon but I definitely wouldn't do the same this week (mainly because i lost 3 to long term injury and would have loved to have had that trade back)......I reckon keep an eye on him and pick him up heading into 13 if he's getting the minutes. I don't think his price is going anywhere in a huge hurry....I hope I'm wrong.

On one hand it feels like an upgrade, on the other it feels pretty average also.

I might forget round 13 for this weeks trade ins and go Salmon and Kris to Fainu and Koula. See what the news brings today and tomorrow.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu May 16, 2024 12:06 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

Long career average of 27.

This year (9 game) average of 40, off the back of the last 3 games where he scored 2 tries, 1 TA, 2 LB, 1 LBA.

The 6 games previous to those three he scored 0 tries, 0 TA, 0 LB, 0 LBA.

If you think he's a new attacking weapon then go for it.

But as his career averages are 0.2, 0.1, 0.2, 0.1 over a large sample, I'm not interested.

The fact that he's taken the starting spot off Rudolf and Hamlin-Uele says a lot - he's looked much better this year than he has before.

The Sharks have been rolling teams with him and Hazelton as the starters and I don't see them changing that.

Eye test is starting to be a somewhat overused phrase but I think it applies here.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:18 pm