NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

RandomSil
    RandomSil

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year Empty NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:07 pm

NRL FF Registration
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t2344-2024-nrl-ff-league-registration

VSDT FF Registration
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t2344-2024-nrl-ff-league-registration

NRL FF DRAFT Leagues
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t2340-2024-nrl-fantasy-fanatics-draft-leagues

Stats, Breakevens and more
    https://footystatistics.com/

2024 team planner
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/67y1rkx92jtu5fm/2024+Team+Planner+v0.1.xlsm/file

2023 NSW Cup Stats
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/7fn1wogu76g7uvu/2023+NSWRL+stats.xlsm/file

2024 bye schedule
    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year Byes_210

2024 Origin bye planner
    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year A10

2024 Origin bye planner supplement:

Dual Position Player (DPP) Updates:

NRL Fantasy Fanatics Open League
    Join Code: 559RPAAT

More links to come
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:08 pm

Thirst (trap)

Sitili vs Wongy.

Think ill just pick both and turf whoever doesnt work out.

Im feeling like Wongy is the better pick. Hes a beast. He played 50 ish mins per game when starting last year, but its a new year. Things change. Hes on the rise.

Sitili is a bit of a dud scorer without tries and vegas might not have enough room for edge forwards to stroll over. One game does not make a season though.

I think its clear that robbo realises things need to be a little different this year.
    Alfie
    Alfie

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by Alfie Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:10 pm

Wong could be a season keeper if he gets the minutes. Can only get better this year for me.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:11 pm

In regards to the 244k question it’s only not excessive as there is still 12 teams to name their players next Tuesday!
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:12 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by Chewie on Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:19 pm

Here's what I've come up with... cookie cutter and mid-range AF with only 4 guns but I just need to build a bank for R13 then launch into the stratosphere. Anyone keen to comment?

Cheese
    Haas Tatola Silly
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Hutcho
    Penis Burbo
    Teddy Pappy Kini

Lussick Smithers Luki Hughes/Salmon

Hughes/Salmon Kris Strange/Weekes Bradley

244k ITB. I want players without early byes (Bar Kini who I only want 80k and some decent scores out of).

Fairly happy with the Vegas players, have lots of cash to be flexible TLT 2. Would love Murray but requires Haas + Smithers to Murray + Hopgood and only 20k bank...

Pls provide thoughts, comments, suggestions
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:22 pm

ytsb wrote:Here's what I've come up with... cookie cutter and mid-range AF with only 4 guns but I just need to build a bank for R13 then launch into the stratosphere. Anyone keen to comment?

Cheese
    Haas Tatola Silly
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Hutcho
    Penis Burbo
    Teddy Pappy Kini

Lussick Smithers Luki Hughes/Salmon

Hughes/Salmon Kris Strange/Weekes Bradley

244k ITB. I want players without early byes (Bar Kini who I only want 80k and some decent scores out of).

Fairly happy with the Vegas players, have lots of cash to be flexible TLT 2. Would love Murray but requires Haas + Smithers to Murray + Hopgood and only 20k bank...

Pls provide thoughts, comments, suggestions

Looks the same as my team which is probably bad news for early rounds
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:24 pm

@My tv broke

I think you are on the money with grab both pray both are decent but turf the one that isn't if that's the case. I am a big believer that forwards are really in their prime around 26-28 and then drop off a cliff performance wise. While Wong is still a kid, he will have this whole offseason training and expecting to be the starting second rower. Either way they should make money.

Wong in the five games he started last year averaged 40 points which is just shy of the 10 points I would like a mid price guy to jump to be worth it. But he had minimal attacking stats and clearly likes a tackle. He averaged above 40 in his two 80 minute games and he certainly isn't losing cash. He isn't losing cash and may make small gains, but I am hoping he plays closer to 80. May be a slow burner for cash but consistent scoring.

Sitili actually has a better average in 50+ minute games if you go back to his debut. As you said he can really shit the bed with scoring, mainly through missed tackles and giving up a penalty almost every damn game. I think Vegas having less space might benefit him as he will be stretched wide less. He will rely on those attacking stats, but like Wong he just needs to be a slow burner averaging around 40. He will have a big game at some stage and you can ride those price rises for a few weeks and offload him.

Their isn't much risk in either guy, and a big week or lucky try can bump their cash burning. Just don't expect anything more than 40 points and know you need to keep them until their bye round to see them generate enough cash to be worth it and you should be fine and happy with them.

If you you want to split hairs between the two Wong is slightly taller, so that must mean he is better. So select Dominic Young in that case.

TL;DR: I said a lot of nothing, get Wong and Sitili

Last edited by RandomSil on Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:25 pm

We better have a page 51 Vegas party before the weekend... just need to make sure no mods are around
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:25 pm

Chewie wrote:NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year Giphy

We didn’t get our party Crying or Very sad
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:25 pm

my tv broke wrote:

One year I started 5th from R1, rest started decently slow. This means I will be around 10k at the start this year again... Crawled up to 180th odd last year with good trades... Robson pre-origin screwed me and so did never getting Carty.

Looks the same as my team which is probably bad news for early rounds

One year I started 5th from R1, rest started decently slow. This means I will be around 10k at the start this year again... Crawled up to 180th odd last year with good trades... Robson pre-origin screwed me and so did never getting Carty.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:26 pm

Chewie wrote:We better have a page 51 Vegas party before the weekend... just need to make sure no mods are around

Now I want to make sure it doesn't happen
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:27 pm

Stellar job on the player profiles Milch! Love it :ThumbsUp:
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:27 pm

RandomSil wrote:

Now I want to make sure it doesn't happen

party pooper

:poop:
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:29 pm

Sitili has DPP, that helps when there are better cheap edges than cheap middles (although Salmon should get DPP to help there)
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:29 pm

The only year I fielded two teams I ran one mid-ranger and one guns and cows and they both finished within a couple hundred of each other. I think either strat works but something that hasn't worked for me the past 3 seasons is going double cheap centres. #fuckHSS #fuckthatdudefromthedragonswithabrother

Last edited by ytsb on Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:29 pm

RandomSil wrote:@My tv broke

I think you are on the money with grab both pray both are decent but turf the one that isn't if that's the case. I am a big believer that forwards are really in their prime around 26-28 and then drop off a cliff performance wise. While Wong is still a kid, he will have this whole offseason training and expecting to be the starting second rower. Either way they should make money.

Wong in the five games he started last year averaged 40 points which is just shy of the 10 points I would like a mid price guy to jump to be worth it. But he had minimal attacking stats and clearly likes a tackle. He averaged above 40 in his two 80 minute games and he certainly isn't losing cash. He isn't losing cash and may make small gains, but I am hoping he plays closer to 80. May be a slow burner for cash but consistent scoring.

Sitili actually has a better average in 50+ minute games if you go back to his debut. As you said he can really shit the bed with scoring, mainly through missed tackles and giving up a penalty almost every damn game. I think Vegas having less space might benefit him as he will be stretched wide less. He will rely on those attacking stats, but like Wong he just needs to be a slow burner averaging around 40. He will have a big game at some stage and you can ride those price rises for a few weeks and offload him.

Their isn't much risk in either guy, and a big week or lucky try can bump their cash burning. Just don't expect anything more than 40 points and know you need to keep them until their bye round to see them generate enough cash to be worth it and you should be fine and happy with them.

If you you want to split hairs between the two Wong is slightly taller, so that must mean he is better. So select Dominic Young in that case.

I've got both. Expect I'll probably have to dump one. But as you say, just need a try to get some price rises going, which is more likely for those two than Tatola, who I had in there prior to team lists, and they're cheaper too.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:31 pm

RandomSil wrote:@My tv broke

I think the point about liking to make a tackle is actually good point

Roosters EDGs usually defend a bit closer to the middle than most other teams (Egan and Nat Butcher at 40 and 44 tackles on EDG starts last year compared to usual average of most EDGs at high 20s/low 30s)
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:31 pm

Chewie wrote:We better have a page 51 Vegas party before the weekend... just need to make sure no mods are around

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952s2igsbiwzla5zer44muxqq8fupy8itayfi8lbczp&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:35 pm

ytsb wrote:The only year I fielded two teams I ran one mid-ranger and one guns and cows and they both finished within a couple hundred of each other. I think either strat works but something that hasn't worked for me the past 3 seasons is going double cheap centres. #fuckHSS #fuckthatdudefromthedragonswithabrother

If you made the same trades for each team, it just goes to show its trading , not initial tags that determine your finish

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:18 am