NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

whall15
    whall15

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by whall15 Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:36 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I've got both. Expect I'll probably have to dump one. But as you say, just need a try to get some price rises going, which is more likely for those two than Tatola, who I had in there prior to team lists, and they're cheaper too.

Hmm y'all are tempting me to ditch Tatola for Wong and shifting Tupouniua to the front row, Tatola does seem so boring...
    ytsb
    ytsb

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by ytsb Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:40 pm

Milchcow wrote:

If you made the same trades for each team, it just goes to show its trading , not initial tags that determine your finish

Slight differences in trading too.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:41 pm

whall15 wrote:

Hmm y'all are tempting me to ditch Tatola for Wong and shifting Tupouniua to the front row, Tatola does seem so boring...

Risk vs reward. Wong and Sitilli more likely to get bigger faster price rises, Tatola with better job security more likely to save a trade.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:41 pm

ytsb wrote:Here's what I've come up with... cookie cutter and mid-range AF with only 4 guns but I just need to build a bank for R13 then launch into the stratosphere. Anyone keen to comment?

Cheese
    Haas Tatola Silly
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Hutcho
    Penis Burbo
    Teddy Pappy Kini

Lussick Smithers Luki Hughes/Salmon

Hughes/Salmon Kris Strange/Weekes Bradley

244k ITB. I want players without early byes (Bar Kini who I only want 80k and some decent scores out of).

Fairly happy with the Vegas players, have lots of cash to be flexible TLT 2. Would love Murray but requires Haas + Smithers to Murray + Hopgood and only 20k bank...

Pls provide thoughts, comments, suggestions

Where is Grant?

I don't get the Tatola love I think he is average, with that said he is just shy from the 10 point bump on his averages last year, and I can definitely see value for him especially if hits that 2022 averages. I don't hate the pick, I just don't think it's for me.

I've never had Penis, and not sure I would like to this year. He is priced at his average it's $600k for a CTR basically. Xerri is significantly cheaper and if you take away his one injury game he averages 42 as well. I know 4 years out of the game is a long time and all, but like what if... Ya know. Plus it's CTR just don't spend money there and trade it and your third WFB 15 times a year like everyone else.

Luki is a guy I haven't seen much talk about and he certainly looks interesting if he is locked in as a starter, but depends on the bench make up for mine.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:41 pm

Camo123 wrote:

I think the point about liking to make a tackle is actually good point

Roosters EDGs usually defend a bit closer to the middle than most other teams (Egan and Nat Butcher at 40 and 44 tackles on EDG starts last year compared to usual average of most EDGs at high 20s/low 30s)
    In Vegas they’ll have to defend a bit closer to the middle due to the field dimensions.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:43 pm

RandomSil wrote:

Where is Grant?

I don't get the Tatola love I think he is average, with that said he is just shy from the 10 point bump on his averages last year, and I can definitely see value for him especially if hits that 2022 averages. I don't hate the pick, I just don't think it's for me.

I've never had Penis, and not sure I would like to this year. He is priced at his average it's $600k for a CTR basically. Xerri is significantly cheaper and if you take away his one injury game he averages 42 as well. I know 4 years out of the game is a long time and all, but like what if... Ya know. Plus it's CTR just don't spend money there and trade it and your third WFB 15 times a year like everyone else.

Luki is a guy I haven't seen much talk about and he certainly looks interesting if he is locked in as a starter, but depends on the bench make up for mine.

I think you'll find that there's a fair bit of interest in Luki in here.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:45 pm

My final team for the hour. Given I haven't played for a couple years it'll be nice to clear out the rust.

Api
    Haas, Smith, Stili
    Luki, Piakura
    Cleary, Fog
    Russell, Strange
    Ponga, Trbo, Pappy

Smithies, Hutch, Levi, Salmon
    Burbo, Bradley, Hughes, $230k player.

What I want to happen is Smithies gets DPP if he's named at Lock, shift him into MID and the Smith becomes Wong.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:45 pm

whall15 wrote:
    Mulvy wrote:

I've got both. Expect I'll probably have to dump one. But as you say, just need a try to get some price rises going, which is more likely for those two than Tatola, who I had in there prior to team lists, and they're cheaper too.

He is boring, do it.

But realistically it's a shit in the dark, he showed in 2022 he can certainly score decently averaging 54 in games over 50 minutes which looks better than anything Sitili and Wong have done so far.

Still last year he averaged 42 which is the exact same as Wong and Sitili. Just choose on who is more fun to watch, and for that record, Wong is taller. So pick him
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:45 pm

RandomSil wrote:

Where is Grant?

I think there hasn't been much said about Luki since Lucy left and everyone said, "get in my team". He's a pretty no brain pickup in my opinion.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:46 pm

Honeysett wrote:My final team for the hour. Given I haven't played for a couple years it'll be nice to clear out the rust.

Api
    Haas, Smith, Stili
    Luki, Piakura
    Cleary, Fog
    Russell, Strange
    Ponga, Trbo, Pappy

Smithies, Hutch, Levi, Salmon
    Burbo, Bradley, Hughes, $230k player.

What I want to happen is Smithies gets DPP if he's named at Lock, shift him into MID and the Smith becomes Wong.

Gun WFB's nice.

Happy with Levi's score for HOK in rd1?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:46 pm

Mulvy wrote:
    RandomSil wrote:

Where is Grant?

I think you'll find that there's a fair bit of interest in Luki in here.

I haven't been active enough that's fair, is everyone expecting him to just play 80 minutes?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:47 pm

Obbeats wrote:[

I think there hasn't been much said about Luki since Lucy left and everyone said, "get in my team". He's a pretty no brain pickup in my opinion.

I totally forgot about Lucy..

So what you're saying is I need to start my team from scratch again.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:48 pm

Murray + Cotter or Hopgood + Tatola? I might just toss a coin!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:49 pm

RandomSil wrote:

I haven't been active enough that's fair, is everyone expecting him to just play 80 minutes?

Nah not 80, but I think it will be enough, "big minutes". Probably 60-65 with the odd 80 min game.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:52 pm

RandomSil wrote:

Where is Grant?

Xerri might just be the fun pick needed to upgrade Tatola. Appreciate the feedback - downgrading Penis allows me to use my bank elsewhere. Might grab Moses for Tatola
    Blink.
    Blink.

Post by Blink. Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:55 pm

G'day fellas, fourth season playing but first on the forum and learning lots from you all.

Current squad

Grant
    Haas Sitili SHughes
    Piakura Luki
    Cleary Hutch
    Burbo Cobbo
    Pap RTS Ponga

Cheese Wong Arthars Salmon
    Schiller Weekes Strange Bradley 56k itb

Do I have too many Vegas players? I'm also a little worried about running 4 broncos - should I downgrade Haas to a Hopgood just for the team variety?

Appreciate the advice.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:59 pm

Blink. wrote:G'day fellas, fourth season playing but first on the forum and learning lots from you all.

Current squad

Grant
    Haas Sitili SHughes
    Piakura Luki
    Cleary Hutch
    Burbo Cobbo
    Pap RTS Ponga

Cheese Wong Arthars Salmon
    Schiller Weekes Strange Bradley 56k itb

Do I have too many Vegas players? I'm also a little worried about running 4 broncos - should I downgrade Haas to a Hopgood just for the team variety?

Appreciate the advice.

Broncos players are all good - no bye until R13 where your team gets all replaced anyway. Don't worry about Vegas either. I reckon you only take one of Cobbo/Arthars, and Schiller is unlikely to be a decent cashy. Strange/Weeks is also a one or the other type thing. I'd take some money from the WFB and upgrade strange/weekes to a nice mid-range player.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:00 pm

ytsb wrote:

Xerri might just be the fun pick needed to upgrade Tatola. Appreciate the feedback - downgrading Penis allows me to use my bank elsewhere. Might grab Moses for Tatola

Forgot to mention I am not sold on Kini pick. The guy could get 1-3 games at most with Campbell that's if he doesn't just come back round 3 meaning Kini plays one game, and you keep him for the bye round just in case he gets more.

He also had two starts a 40 against the Bulldogs and 16 points against the Rabbits. Even if he came out of the gates hot and got 2 games, averaged 40 points he is still only makes 50k
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:10 pm

whall15 wrote:

I did this about an hour ago. PTSD from my failed Sutton and Utoikamanu picks last year.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:10 pm

RandomSil wrote:Xerri is significantly cheaper and if you take away his one injury game he averages 42 as well. I know 4 years out of the game is a long time and all, but like what if... Ya know. Plus it's CTR just don't spend money there and trade it and your third WFB 15 times a year like everyone else.

I'm on the Xerri train too, but 2019 was pre-TB nerf, so actually averaged 38 that season. I'm assuming he spent most of the time off playing NRL fantasy though, so knows that value of an offload to hand.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:14 am