NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by WT Winfield Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:11 pm

Jele wrote:

I did this about an hour ago. PTSD from my failed Sutton and Utoikamanu picks last year.

Uto was a good pick, unless you traded him to Ford after 1 round like me Embarassed
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 6 - The only time I make a thread this year

Post by Jele Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:11 pm

ytsb wrote:

Xerri might just be the fun pick needed to upgrade Tatola. Appreciate the feedback - downgrading Penis allows me to use my bank elsewhere. Might grab Moses for Tatola

Not 100% sure Xerri gets picked with Kiraz, Tracey available for round 1
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:12 pm

Glad I waited until now to begin the Rabbits21 100 draft process. Somehow found Rapana and Kris in my team despite TSing them in Rhino's team tracker
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:14 pm

Jele wrote:

Okay JeleNZ Rolling Eyes

Nah, but seriously, if Taaffe is still FB despite having Tracey, Crichton and Kiraz (even Wilson has played some FB in ressies), then it might be a good sign to jump off.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:14 pm

Jele wrote:

I was thinking Tracey FB kiraz wing.

But also i have no idea.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:14 pm

Honeysett wrote:My final team for the hour. Given I haven't played for a couple years it'll be nice to clear out the rust.

Api
    Haas, Smith, Stili
    Luki, Piakura
    Cleary, Fog
    Russell, Strange
    Ponga, Trbo, Pappy

Smithies, Hutch, Levi, Salmon
    Burbo, Bradley, Hughes, $230k player.

What I want to happen is Smithies gets DPP if he's named at Lock, shift him into MID and the Smith becomes Wong.

Honestly, I should just use this team and copy your trades. To at least tie for the mod league. Nothing wrong with the team, I like the Levi pick.

Can someone break down the Fogarty love for me? Is it just starting with a rookie Five Eight or did he look amazing in the trials. Like are people expecting a guy averaging 46 points to jump up to his score in 2021. Just pick Flanno who is cheaper, will disappoint you, but you expect it anyway
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:18 pm

Kini is the biggest trap I’ve ever seen.

And I’ve seen Trent Peoples
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:18 pm

RandomSil wrote:

Honestly, I should just use this team and copy your trades. To at least tie for the mod league. Nothing wrong with the team, I like the Levi pick.

Can someone break down the Fogarty love for me? Is it just starting with a rookie Five Eight or did he look amazing in the trials. Like are people expecting a guy averaging 46 points to jump up to his score in 2021. Just pick Flanno who is cheaper, will disappoint you, but you expect it anyway

Dominating KM and getting more goal kicks

Wouldn’t say he dominated the trials. Was largely invisible in trials as he didn’t play either game

Flanagan will struggle to get past 30 points next to Hunt

Last edited by Camo123 on Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:21 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Okay JeleNZ Rolling Eyes

Nah, but seriously, if Taaffe is still FB despite having Tracey, Crichton and Kiraz (even Wilson has played some FB in ressies), then it might be a good sign to jump off.

Laughing he's my draft centre with no rolling lockout. So I'm all in.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:24 pm

RandomSil wrote:

Fog is hyped because yes, rookie 6, but also because you either have to pay 150k more for Moses, or play someone like Hutch (which means your back up doesn't exist, or is Strange (once upgraded to HLF)/Weekes).
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:26 pm

mickspicks wrote:

Fog is hyped because yes, rookie 6, but also because you either have to pay 150k more for Moses, or play someone like Hutch (which means your back up doesn't exist, or is Strange (once upgraded to HLF)/Weekes).

I would rather pick Tanah Boyd
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:26 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Sitili has DPP, that helps when there are better cheap edges than cheap middles (although Salmon should get DPP to help there)

Smithies too!
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:28 pm

Mulvy wrote:
    Honeysett wrote:My final team for the hour. Given I haven't played for a couple years it'll be nice to clear out the rust.

Api
    Haas, Smith, Stili
    Luki, Piakura
    Cleary, Fog
    Russell, Strange
    Ponga, Trbo, Pappy

Smithies, Hutch, Levi, Salmon
    Burbo, Bradley, Hughes, $230k player.

What I want to happen is Smithies gets DPP if he's named at Lock, shift him into MID and the Smith becomes Wong.

Gun WFB's nice.

Happy with Levi's score for HOK in rd1?

Yeah I'll take it for the 1 round. Sezer isn't a great in game kicker so I think Api does a bit of that and I like watching him play.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:31 pm

RandomSil wrote:

Yeah more I look at it I'm getting cold on Fog. The fact that he skipped both trials with a hammy injury is concerning. Despite Weekes/Strange 'competing' for a role. He still needs to play a trial.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:31 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Okay JeleNZ Rolling Eyes

I was just looking at Wilson today, thinking he could be a chance at fullback. Has had a few bright performances at the back last couple years in ressies, looks like it’s more his natural position. Made some inspiring carries against the Sharks in the last trial too, Critta was loving it on the sideline.

Last edited by Alfie on Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:32 pm

mickspicks wrote:
    RandomSil wrote:

I'd rather Hutch and a rookie or go Hynes and Cleary for mine. Because who knows how well Fog goes with a new partner.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:33 pm

RandomSil wrote:

I'd rather Hutch and a rookie or go Hynes and Cleary for mine. Because who knows how well Fog goes with a new partner.

I've got Cleary, Moses and at the moment Hutch. But may change Hutch.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:39 pm

as someone who owned tupouniua before he needs tries to score well he's frustrating at times. i'm passing on him & just going wong.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:44 pm

Alfie wrote:

I was just looking at Wilson today, thinking he could be a chance at fullback. Has had a few bright performances at the back last couple years in ressies, looks like it’s more his natural position. Made some inspiring carries against the Sharks in the last trial too, Critta was loving it on the sideline.

Yeah Wilson would be a bit unlucky to miss out. Not sure on Tracey's best position, but I reckon he'd be a good 14, or at least better than Taaffe at FB.

Something like:

1. Tracey
    2. Kiraz
    3. Crichton
    4. Xerri
    5. JAC

14. Wilson, or Tracey with Kiraz/Crichton FB and Wilson starting.

Just based on where everyone seems to play their best to my eye.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:12 pm

RandomSil wrote:

I don't know exactly how well Fog will do, but I do know this. He'll score much better than Drew Hutchison

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 10:42 am