NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

    easytiger
    easytiger
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022
    Posts : 4457
    Reputation : 5477
    Join date : 2020-01-27
    Location : The Kingdom of the Lord of the Byes

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

    Post by easytiger Thu May 16, 2024 12:47 pm

    wolfking wrote:I'm quite keen on Koula, but I think some need to tamper expectations.  I know matchups and all mean nothing but his 4 games at FB were against the Dogs, Tigers, Raiders and Sharks.  Next three games are Broncos, Storm and Penrith.  Just something to remember.  Playing the Bunnies in 16 though is mighty tasty.

    It is matchups like you say, and with a bye (of course) in amongst that, it's hard to imagine much of a worse upcoming draw.
    That being said, a 57 without a try etc in a 48 - 6 loss, and a 49 without a try in a 40 - 6 loss, suggests he may be able to come up with enough points regardless (just less likely to have a ceiling game).

    I might give it a week...
    maybe
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

    Posts : 1055
    Reputation : 1088
    Join date : 2018-01-06

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

    Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Thu May 16, 2024 12:53 pm

    Just my gut but I really feel like Koula is the season defining trade in this year. Obviously by that I mean he will do his hammy in his first game for 8 points
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 33500
    Reputation : 13684
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 40
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

    Post by wolfking Thu May 16, 2024 12:54 pm

    easytiger wrote:

    It is matchups like you say, and with a bye (of course) in amongst that, it's hard to imagine much of a worse upcoming draw.
    That being said, a 57 without a try etc in a 48 - 6 loss, and a 49 without a try in a 40 - 6 loss, suggests he may be able to come up with enough points regardless (just less likely to have a ceiling game).

    I might give it a week...
    maybe

    Means nothing but a rookie FB scored 57 against the Broncos last week.

    I also said he's an easy wait and see, and he is but still feels like a safe pick to grab this week to improve your 17.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

    Posts : 3480
    Reputation : 1075
    Join date : 2017-04-23
    Location : Phin Fully Up 4 Herbie

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

    Post by mickspicks Thu May 16, 2024 12:54 pm

    wolfking wrote:I'm quite keen on Koula, but I think some need to tamper expectations.  I know matchups and all mean nothing but his 4 games at FB were against the Dogs, Tigers, Raiders and Sharks.  Next three games are Broncos, Storm and Penrith.  Just something to remember.  Playing the Bunnies in 16 though is mighty tasty.

    As weird as it is, Koula is talented but not a truly tested FB which probably means the ball is kicked to him more often. His speed plays for decent scores at the back more than anything else (results in TBs etc). At least that's what I am convincing myself of haha!
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

    Posts : 3480
    Reputation : 1075
    Join date : 2017-04-23
    Location : Phin Fully Up 4 Herbie

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

    Post by mickspicks Thu May 16, 2024 12:56 pm

    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:Just my gut but I really feel like Koula is the season defining trade in this year. Obviously by that I mean he will do his hammy in his first game for 8 points

    Koula is Tongan for strong hammies.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster
    Moderator

    Posts : 1197
    Reputation : 2471
    Join date : 2018-02-11

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

    Post by Cookie Monster Thu May 16, 2024 1:00 pm

    A reminder for those of you who are playing Fantasy Fantasy


    You can make your second transfer this week and you have until kick-off of the Raiders/Dogs match to do so


    Cheers
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 17278
    Reputation : 12031
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Kashyyyk

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

    Post by Chewie Thu May 16, 2024 1:07 pm

    What if Koula does a Piakura?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

    Posts : 19721
    Reputation : 7103
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

    Post by mattnz Thu May 16, 2024 1:08 pm

    Chewie wrote:What if Koula insert any potential trade in does a Piakura?
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

    Posts : 3480
    Reputation : 1075
    Join date : 2017-04-23
    Location : Phin Fully Up 4 Herbie

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

    Post by mickspicks Thu May 16, 2024 1:08 pm

    Chewie wrote:What if Koula does a Piakura?

    And what if Piakrua does a Koula?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

    Posts : 14109
    Reputation : 4998
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

    Post by White Lightning Thu May 16, 2024 1:10 pm

    L-Jimmy wrote:So, last night we said it would be interesting to guess who the alleged QLD 'star' was based on changes to teamlists. I'm sure we weren't the only ones thinking this.

    This morning Walsh withdraws due to a knee injury. That really is unfortunate timing for an injury, as lots of people will draw erroneous conclusions.

    I hope his knee gets better soon.

    Edited by EasyTiger: this comment is unnecessary and unacceptable - it has no place in this forum now or ever


    Last edited by White Lightning on Thu May 16, 2024 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

    Posts : 7070
    Reputation : 7291
    Join date : 2018-03-01
    Location : Parents basement eating Cheetos

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

    Post by Aardvark Thu May 16, 2024 1:12 pm

    White Lightning wrote:

    [Removed]

    Off the mark dude...
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

    Posts : 5318
    Reputation : 2480
    Join date : 2019-09-13

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

    Post by mrbrownstone Thu May 16, 2024 1:14 pm

    White Lightning wrote:

    [Removed]

    Err... you would?
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12666
    Reputation : 9225
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

    Post by Camo123 Thu May 16, 2024 1:16 pm

    Chewie wrote:What if Koula does a Piakura?
    What if Koula does a Koala
    BCT05
    BCT05

    Posts : 5072
    Reputation : 2193
    Join date : 2020-03-19

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

    Post by BCT05 Thu May 16, 2024 1:17 pm

    White Lightning wrote:

    [Removed]

    Spoiler:
    BCT05
    BCT05

    Posts : 5072
    Reputation : 2193
    Join date : 2020-03-19

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

    Post by BCT05 Thu May 16, 2024 1:18 pm

    Koula averages 10 TBs a game at fullback and that is my expectation, nothing less.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

    Posts : 19721
    Reputation : 7103
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

    Post by mattnz Thu May 16, 2024 1:19 pm

    BCT05 wrote:Koula averages 10 TBs a game at fullback and that is my expectation, nothing less.

    With 0 TB average he would have averaged 53.
    B/L
    B/L

    Posts : 3304
    Reputation : 2623
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

    Post by B/L Thu May 16, 2024 1:19 pm

    White Lightning wrote:

    [Removed]

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 6 Giphy
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

    Posts : 5318
    Reputation : 2480
    Join date : 2019-09-13

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

    Post by mrbrownstone Thu May 16, 2024 1:20 pm

    Been a little out of touch this week, any consensus on who's the most urgent sell out of:

    Finefeuiaki
    KPP
    Piakura
    Salmon

    Cleary & Bateman being the other two trades.

    Thinking Finefeuiaki on the basis that at least Piakura and Salmon are still starting and might accidentally trip over a decent score, while KPP is more likely to go back to being useful at some point.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13187
    Reputation : 5801
    Join date : 2019-07-24

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

    Post by Rabbits21 Thu May 16, 2024 1:22 pm

    The Bludger#2 wrote:

    Agreed.
    IF KPP keeps getting benched, and Preston is named to start, then this may be a useful sideways trade.
    Would you be happy getting a Preston though that likely plays 60-65mins?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

    Posts : 19721
    Reputation : 7103
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 40 - This is Magic Round because it can make your trades disappear into thin air

    Post by mattnz Thu May 16, 2024 1:23 pm

    mrbrownstone wrote:Been a little out of touch this week, any consensus on who's the most urgent sell out of:

    Finefeuiaki
    KPP
    Piakura
    Salmon

    Cleary & Bateman being the other two trades.

    Thinking Finefeuiaki on the basis that at least Piakura and Salmon are still starting and might accidentally trip over a decent score, while KPP is more likely to go back to being useful at some point.

    Agree with your analysis. Only potential upside for Fine is that he probably starts in R13 with Nanai in Origin. If you need the number and don't mind him dropping in price, could hold.

      Current date/time is Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:46 pm