NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Rabbits21 Team Tracker 2024

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Rabbits21 Team Tracker 2024 - Page 2 Empty Re: Rabbits21 Team Tracker 2024

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:12 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:I think your 18-21 should remain as is. When it comes to trade considerations, I think you have to pass on Fog. May is fun to watch.

I’m leaning to Cotter to Fog
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:10 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

I’m leaning to Cotter to Fog

I think Fogarty and Cotter are not a huge amount different as value propositions - more 'sideways' than Cotter to May. Cotter probably has more value upside, but a bit less likely to get the minutes he needs to hit it, while Fogarty's value upside is lower but safer bet to hit it.

I think you should sit on Cotter one more week and look for signs that he isn't getting the role we want from him. You don't lose all that much if he doesn't, but if you make the trade you are at least guaranteeing you lose a trade.

Just my opinion on the matter. Why do you feel you need to make a trade?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:31 am

OB wrote:

I think Fogarty and Cotter are not a huge amount different as value propositions - more 'sideways' than Cotter to May. Cotter probably has more value upside, but a bit less likely to get the minutes he needs to hit it, while Fogarty's value upside is lower but safer bet to hit it.

I think you should sit on Cotter one more week and look for signs that he isn't getting the role we want from him. You don't lose all that much if he doesn't, but if you make the trade you are at least guaranteeing you lose a trade.

Just my opinion on the matter. Why do you feel you need to make a trade?
    Concern around Hutcho losing the spot soon as I expect Dogs to keep losing and I domt have a strong second half. And I think Fog will avg over 50 Cotter will not
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:29 am

I scored a 760 for round 2 rank down from about 39k to 42694 rank not ideal but not panic stations.

I did not trade last week so have 36 trades left til Round 20 plus the extra 8 to come….

Have 80k spare

Wong and Luki seem the most urgent trades. Looking at

Wong to Terrell May
    Luki to Galvin

Would leave 212k spare with 34 trades and…

Grant
    May Haas Cotter
    Chan Piakura
    Cleary Galvin
    Burbo Strange
    Ponga Pap Tuaupiki

Cheese Sitili Hutcho Kris
    Kini Flanagan Salmon Hughes

I am also concerned about having 3 Storm guys with the bye next week not sure what to do there but I need more from Grant. Not sure I can get away with 3 Storm guys on bye next week.

Obviously Sitili is a concern as is Hutcho and Flanno and I will need a second gun half soon I know this. I would like Moses I think if I can.

Obviously I’ll look to get Fine next week that’s the plan then not sure what else.

Thoughts please guys? Any recommendations?
    Daedalus
    Daedalus

Post by Daedalus Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:16 am

Trades this week seem sensible (same trades as everyone else) and you’ve got cheese to cover Grants bye next week so don’t need to grab Lussick.
    Plenty of cash itb which looks good and if you’re worried about 3 storm players next then Grant to Moses if you’re after him (I started with him and hasn’t been great) or Chan to Fine
    Might be other fires to put out by next week or appealing options that have showed up
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:59 pm

I think one week at a time is a sensible approach at this stage.

You've got Haas who is out this week, but in my opinion is a hold. Bringing in May seems like a good replacement. Galvin in seems like a no-brainer, low BE and looks involved when playing.

One thing to consider is playing Cheese at HOK, Grant on the bench, and then looping Sitili through Haas. Haas plays first so you will have to loop through a non-mid on the bench, but will give you a chance to capture the upside of Sitili and loop Salmon or Hughes over him if he duds it.

Something like:

Cheese
    May Haas Cotter
    Chan Piakura
    Cleary Galvin
    Strange Burbo
    Ponga Papy Tuaupiki

Grant Hutch Kini Kris
    Flanno Sitili Salmon Hughes

If Sitili kills it, leave it as is. If he doesn't, swap Salmon/Shoes with Flanno.

Only downside of the plan is you have to play Kini and Hutch no matter what, but with a weak INT/Reserves you really don't have a choice, someone dud will be playing.
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:40 pm

Agree with Daedalus and Snatch, I think the trades look sensible. And love the looping proposal from Snatch too.

As a Ponga owner, I hope he goes big for you

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:41 pm

Jumping Marlin wrote:Agree with Daedalus and Snatch, I think the trades look sensible.  And love the looping proposal from Snatch too.

As a Ponga owner, I hope he goes big for you

Hey mate and all change of approach now Haas to May and Luki to Lussick
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:22 pm

Seems sensible with the new news on Haas. Lock em in.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:52 am

Yeah lock that in, probably the two buys of the week, I'd be doing the same if I could afford both.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:32 am

So trades going into round 3 were…

Haas to Terrell May
    Luki to Lussick

I have 34 trades left and 381k spare….

Team was…

Grant
    May Cotter Cheese
    Chan Piakura
    Cleary Hutcho
    Kris Strange
    Pap Ponga Tuaupiki

Lussick Sitili Salmon Flanagan
    Kini Burbo Hughes Wong

Now I only scored a 741 for round 3 not good. Rank up though from 42694 to 33860 so basically 34k my worst start yet. Piakura 30, Chan not playing, Strange, Lussick, Sitili, Kini and Burbo all underwhelming. I have so many fires to put out.

Going into round 4 I have 8 red dots it’s carnage, Grant, Pap, Chan, Cleary, Piakura, Wong, Tuaupiki, Kini.

Thinking I can either go

Piki to Turbo
    Kini to Galvin

That would allow say a Wong to a cheapie next week to upgrade Hutcho to Dylbags.

Or…

Piki to J. Campbell over Turbo which gives me funds to go Sitili to KPP next week but wouldn’t be able to get Dylbags til the following week.

Thoughts please guys what to do with this mess?

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 am

With me having Chan, Piakura, Hutcho, Sitili, Flanagan, Salmon, Wong, Hughes, is it better to get Campbell over Turbo to then allow upgrading one of those guys next week to a guy like KPP or is it better to just get Turbo forget a guy like KPP and try find another cheaper edge upcoming? (Need to upgrade Hutcho or Flanno soon too)
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 am

Hey mate, thanks for checking out my tracker. I reckon Galvin, Campbell and KPP are good targets this week. Galvin for sure, then one or the other. I'm going KPP as a safer points play.

I think Tom is priced accordingly. Could hit a big one and spike in the short term, but 48 is pretty much his historical average. Campbell priced roughly 10 points below his average, so he'd have to have a shocker for me to not bring him next week.. though I'm keen on Dylbags, Gutho and Talagi next week too.

I'm trading Piakura because I think he's probably 3-5 weeks away, so he's a safe option to punt. If I need someone under 400k and he's the best available in a month, I've got no problem bringing him back in.

Tuaupiki's job security has probably diminished, but I'd be tempted to hold for a week to see if CNK's back. I haven't been following closely though. They could just play RTS there again if things go well this week.

Kini to Galvin should feel good. Then Piki or Piakura to Campbell or KPP I reckon. I've gone Piakura to KPP, but could be the right time to cut Piki instead and get on Campbell a week before most.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am

Galvin has to come in, and then get best you can afford

Also prioritise trade outs who won't hit the field again soon.

Dylan brown has a high BE compared to other targets - its fine to wait a week on him
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 am

You've really backed yourself into a corner starting with 3 storm players, plus Kini and Tuaupiki. We knew Kini and Tuaupiki's js for rd 4 wasn't great and we knew the Storm had a rd 4 bye.

Galvin has to come in and your 2nd trade needs to be for points. Do you risk a high scoring wfb or take the base stats of someone like KPP?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 pm

Honey Badger wrote:You've really backed yourself into a corner starting with 3 storm players, plus Kini and Tuaupiki. We knew Kini and Tuaupiki's js for rd 4 wasn't great and we knew the Storm had a rd 4 bye.

Galvin has to come in and your 2nd trade needs to be for points. Do you risk a high scoring wfb or take the base stats of someone like KPP?

I need a WFB do you like Campbell?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

I need a WFB do you like Campbell?

You don't have to get a WFB this week since you're playing short anyway, that's why I suggested KPP if you'd rather wait a week on Campbell.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

You don't have to get a WFB this week since you're playing short anyway, that's why I suggested KPP if you'd rather wait a week on Campbell.

Yeah if i was going to be playing short id rather go with the base stats option rather than a player that relies on attacking stats. Campbell is coming back from a pretty serious knee injury so id like to have a look first
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:05 pm

i think i would pay attention to Talagi this week Rabbits21 - he is likely to score points and provide with much more cash than Brown surely you could then upgrade someone like strange to a gun and boost up another position
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:56 am

Well the first month is over and things have not gone to plan and how to get things back on track well my confidence is well down at the moment. This would be my worst ever start.

Round 1: 709 with overall rank 39659
    Round 2: 760 with overall rank 42694
    Round 3: 741 with overall rank 33860
    Round 4: 640 played with 15 with overall rank 44430

No fun, no fun at all!

After round 1 I did not trade. Last two rounds I have traded.

So far trades have been…

Haas to May
    Luki to Lussick

Kini to Galvin
    Tuaupiki to KPP

So I’m currently sitting at rank 44k. Only played with 15 round just gone not ideal. I feel like the Luki to Lussick trade has been the bad one, I do not see an issue with the other 3 trades. My starting team obviously should’ve been better the big mistakes were not getting Fogarty and having 3 Storm players with a round 3 bye. I should have gone Levi over Chan but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

For the round just gone lowlights were Lussick, Shitili, Burbo, Kris, Salmon and Hughes.

Current side pre round 5 trades is….

32 trades left and 230k spare team is…

Grant
    May Cotter Cheese
    Shitili KPP
    Flanagan Hutcho
    Burbo Strange
    Pap Ponga Kris

Lussick Salmon Chan Hughes
    Wong Galvin Cleary Piakura

The good news is I have no Sharks players, only Cleary on bye week after and no Souths players the week after. I want to hold Cleary Piakura and Galvin that’s my hope.

I have concerns around Chan where he will be named tomorrow and Sam Hughes I think I just have to hope with Preston out he gets a few more mins. Shitili I’d like to maybe trade but hey he’s a green dot currently….

Early thoughts are get Dylbags

Wong to Dylbags

2nd trade maybe Chan to Talagi. Otherwise could look at trading Shitili out to Talagi maybe.

I am also aware I need WFB cover but figure with that looking dire currently maybe it’s better to sure up a strong second half and maybe get Jayden Campbell the week after.

I know I have like 6-7 issues but can only deal with 2 at a time.

Let’s see where things are at tomorrow night post TLT.

As always open to your guys suggestions especially as I find myself in a bit of a fantasy crisis currently.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:43 pm