NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Fancy a Smoothy? ForanAgainst team tracker 2024

ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Fancy a Smoothy? ForanAgainst team tracker 2024 Empty Fancy a Smoothy? ForanAgainst team tracker 2024

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:24 pm

Rolling into TLT(b) with this team and 100K to work with. My reasonings for picking players are pretty much the same as what others have said in their trackers.

Grant
    Haas(vice), Tupouniua, Tatola
    Smithies, Piakura
    (C)hin, Fog
    Suli, Kris
    Paps, Raps, Traps(I mean Weekes, thought the rhyme worked here)

Luki, Lussick, Hutch, Salmon
    Shoes, Burbo, Bostock, Galvin

Honestly, I’m probably going to be doing a lot of screenshots, as I did last year, only to save my fingers from typing so much.
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Fancy a Smoothy? ForanAgainst team tracker 2024 Empty Re: Fancy a Smoothy? ForanAgainst team tracker 2024

Post by King Assassin Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:23 pm

Hey Mate decent team. Fairly similar to mine (also have a team tracker if ya want to check it out).

Dont really get the Smithies pick. hes been brought up in posts a few times. But super league stats dont really blow me away, I dont think theres much value there tbh.

Seen a few people with Kris but dont really see the appeal.

I don't think Hutch has much value at all, I think burton takes majority of the kicking and Hutch will play an organising role which isn't great for fantasy.

Whats your plan with WFB AND CTR if Strange gets the halves gig?
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Fancy a Smoothy? ForanAgainst team tracker 2024 Empty Re: Fancy a Smoothy? ForanAgainst team tracker 2024

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:51 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:Rolling into TLT(b) with this team and 100K to work with. My reasonings for picking players are pretty much the same as what others have said in their trackers.

Grant
    Haas(vice), Tupouniua, Tatola
    Smithies, Piakura
    (C)hin, Fog
    Suli, Kris
    Paps, Raps, Traps(I mean Weekes, thought the rhyme worked here)

Luki, Lussick, Hutch, Salmon
    Shoes, Burbo, Bostock, Galvin

Honestly, I’m probably going to be doing a lot of screenshots, as I did last year, only to save my fingers from typing so much.

I like your team but there are a few players that i think are a bit iffy.

* I worry about whether Luki will actually get 80. I am expecting that FuniFaka???? to spell him for a total of about 50 minutes. he can be a bit jit and miss. i will wait and see on him.
    * Not sure what Fog's upside is actually apart from a vague idea that he is playing with a rookie. I think that Hutcho has a much bigger upside - even Flanno for that matter. I realise I am not with the crowd on this one, so i assume you have a rationle for this
    * Gotta be prepared for fishy not getting the starting gig - do you have a Plan B - i don't yet - so I am keen to hear if you do
    * Burbo is a feckin trap of the highest order - but again many people have got him... he is one I am glad to leave to others
    * Bostock - will play but he doesn't not make me want him - so i threw him out - I am going for minimalist - buy what I want and stick with it this year
    * Galvin if we does get a gig will be 10 - 15 at the end of a game - if it is not tight. i don't think he will spell Koroisau but if he does he wont be scooting much as he is too far away from the ground to keep bending over and standing up quickly. you may jest at my idea - but i would prefer to rely on that young Gagai from Souffs who will at least get one 80 minute game
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:29 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

I like your team but there are a few players that i think are a bit iffy.

* I worry about whether Luki will actually get 80. I am expecting that FuniFaka???? to spell him for a total of about 50 minutes. he can be a bit jit and miss. i will wait and see on him.

You think a bench EDG who averaged 26 mins off the bench will play 50 mins while starter plays 30

That has to be the dumbest comment of the preseason
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:32 pm

Camo123 wrote:

You think a bench EDG who averaged 26 mins off the bench will play 50 mins while starter plays 30

That has to be the dumbest comment of the preseason

I meant Luki will play 50
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:41 pm

King Assassin wrote:Hey Mate decent team. Fairly similar to mine (also have a team tracker if ya want to check it out).

Dont really get the Smithies pick. hes been brought up in posts a few times. But super league stats dont really blow me away, I dont think theres much value there tbh.

Seen a few people with Kris but dont really see the appeal.

I don't think Hutch has much value at all, I think burton takes majority of the kicking and Hutch will play an organising role which isn't great for fantasy.

Whats your plan with WFB AND CTR if Strange gets the halves gig?

Thanks for the feedback. I think the hope is that Horse goes into the prop rotation upon his return. I suppose one might say that he might be a cheaper version of McInnis?

I think the appeal with Kris is that hopefully he won’t go anywhere near the fb role and he can manage his way to a low to mid 30s average.

With Hutch, if he can make 100k or so, happy days. He’s like a Tatola, won’t do too much that will give you a boner, they’re both the type of players who will boredom their way and I feel they each have 5-6 points of value.

If Strange gets the gig, I’m happy to drop Suli, Weekes will become ????, and Bostock will the worst of the pick your poison options at wfb3.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:11 pm

Fancy a Smoothy? ForanAgainst team tracker 2024 2a691f10

First. Let’s address the elephant in the room. Team name. It’s like I’m mid 40s going on mid prepubescent’s. Score is obviously not that impressive, even with a zero in there, it is what it is. For comparison, which is something I’ll do here just because I can and want to, and to see how this year’s journey compares to 2023, I was ranked 15,139. I’m not too concerned and will be holding guys like McInnes, Kiraz, and letting slow burning emergencies slowly burn in the emergencies, with the one change being starting Burbo over Strange until further notice.

Tatola to TeMay(insert South Park gif here) is looking like my only trade for this round. I don’t believe I’ve ever saved a trade this early. With Leniu gone for a couple of months, what’s not to like about this? There’s still plenty of cash to be made here, so let’s make it.

This probably should have been an above paragraph, but a very early round 1 rendition of this team included both Fogs and Smithies, Bostock as wfb3(no Ponga), Hutcho down at 18th man, and Rapana.
    I cannot completely recall all the silly moves I made throughout round one, but I definitely didn’t do myself any favours.

That’s the update going into round 2. The only way is up from here.

Adding to this to say I have no plans for round 4 when Paps is on his bye and Burbo is inevitably benched for Schuster.

Last edited by ForanAgainst on Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : An epiphany)
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:06 pm

Fancy a Smoothy? ForanAgainst team tracker 2024 49fffd10

We’re heading in the wrong direction. This is just a bit of I really don’t know how to describe it, other than mistakes galore. If I was a seer of the future, and saw hia’s and ankle snaps, of course I’d make trades ahead of time and set up my 17 differently, but that’s not how this game works.

I think my biggest mistake was believing that what I read in here or heard on podcasts was gospel. This player is too mid range, or this player and that player will lose minutes once so and so returns, or something along those lines to lure me away from picking them.

Had round 1 not been a rolling lockout and I stuck with my all lock bench, I’m probably sitting in a much better place than I am going into round 3.

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:17 am

Rough start mate. Nothing wrong with your squad choices in general though. I remember you had a rough few months last year and bounced back with a vengeance, so keep backing yourself.

Luki and Wong out makes the decisions a little easier. Galvin and Lussick would be my targets, keeping in mind that Moses will bottom out soon and would fit nicely beside Cleary.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:38 pm

Wong to Galvin is confirmed trade one. Luki out for Lussick seems obvious, but thinking of risking my second trade on one Finefeuiaki. I’m well aware he will score anywhere from 26 to almost forties, but the bank would be at $463K. The only way I’d do this is if Fine is a confirmed starter.

It really feels like the 2 point fg attempt here, but the plan is to get to Hynes in two trades or less over the next few rounds. This, of course, depends upon Hynes having a lower than normal score and Hutcho getting an above average score in one of his next two games.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:10 pm

Fancy a Smoothy? ForanAgainst team tracker 2024 B2c72610

And we thought round 3 was Kiraz-y! No doubt I’m chuffed with the rank climb this round, which puts me almost back in it. Most of us had the Strange/Burbo combo and I’m sure a lot will be doing the same round four.  Was nice to see McInnes get some minutes and hoping that continues and thank you Jacob Kiraz for your 89 points.

My trade ins were Galvin and Hynes, who I thought was pretty lucky to get to 50. As of this post, I’m lucky to be only missing three. Cleary to Carrigan is one confirmed trade and I’ll let TLT dictate the other. Hoping for another decent rank rise this week.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:02 pm

$12k isn’t much to work with when there’s an fast approaching Bulldogs conundrum coming round 8, where three/four aren’t ones you want to keep? I’d like to keep Cleary and save two trades, but I’d also like KPP.

Potential options:
    A) Cleary and Wong>JC and KPP + $617k. I’m looking at captain May or Ponga in round 5. Would only have to use 1 trade to bring back Cleary, most likely for Hutcho.

B) Cleary and Wong>Carrigan and KPP + $303k. Better captain choice for round 5. Next round, would probably be downgrading Salmon to Talagi(should he hold his spot), but still feel it would take two trades to get back Nathan, unless I held off until after Origin.

C) Stick to original plan of Piakura and Wong>Talagi and Carrigan + $12k. Keeps Cleary, which would be miraculous if he somehow only missed this week(highly doubtful), but really no way, as of now, to get KPP next week is there?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:08 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:$12k isn’t much to work with when there’s an fast approaching Bulldogs conundrum coming round 8, where three/four aren’t ones you want to keep? I’d like to keep Cleary and save two trades, but I’d also like KPP.

Potential options:
    A) Cleary and Wong>JC and KPP + $617k. I’m looking at captain May or Ponga in round 5. Would only have to use 1 trade to bring back Cleary, most likely for Hutcho.

B) Cleary and Wong>Carrigan and KPP + $303k. Better captain choice for round 5. Next round, would probably be downgrading Salmon to Talagi(should he hold his spot), but still feel it would take two trades to get back Nathan, unless I held off until after Origin.

C) Stick to original plan of Piakura and Wong>Talagi and Carrigan + $12k. Keeps Cleary, which would be miraculous if he somehow only missed this week(highly doubtful), but really no way, as of now, to get KPP next week is there?

Going forward, would you rather
    Cleary, Carrigan, Talaagi
    or
    Carrigan, KPP, Piakura (and ~$300k)
    or
    KPP, JC, Piakura (~600k)

Personally, I think if you can get good trade ins without ditching Cleary you should go for it. You can always ditch him next week if he's out longer term and you need the cash
    I'd only ditch Cleary if funds were tight and you can't otherwise get who you want
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:07 pm

Wiser words have never been written. Kept the Chin and added two valuable replacements for Pia and Wong.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:11 pm

Fancy a Smoothy? ForanAgainst team tracker 2024 3ccb3c10

Still on the rise for at least another week. It is somewhat worrying that five here scored under 30 points, but that’s how it goes some weeks.

In a bit of a pickle for round 5. Pretty set on a back five of Kiraz, Kris, Campbell, Ponga and (c)Pappy.
    Will be promoting Hutchinson and Flanagan into the starting 13. I hope Hughes sees some decent minutes as a starter and Salmon can get back to upper 30s scoring. Smith and May should continue to score decent especially this week. Hoping Burbo can improve and Strange, just never know how his scoring will be. Odd, isn’t that? Might even say it’s strange. Lastly here, glad I boarded the KPP train this week.

With Chan still unavailable, I’m down to 16 playable green dots. If I didn’t already have Hynes, I would not make the move. I’m going to bin the Chin. I believe it was MattNZ who mentioned who the Panthers were playing after the bye, but I have to use his cash elsewhere. And who knows, what are the chances he gets an extra bit of rest(not backing up) or being limited during Origin period? It’s a move that may backfire, but I’m off Cleary until round 20 or later. This being mentioned, I’m trading out Cleary to Dylbags and Tupouniua to Koroisau. It was a coin flop between him and Robson, and the fun player side of the coin was revealed to me.

Looking past this week, I’ve no Panthers or Bunnies, so kinda hoping that if and when Chan returns, it’s in a starting role and Burbo needs to also give me a reason to keep him for a bit longer. I would love to save minimum of two trades over rounds six and seven, because round 8, I’ve got a Doggie issue, four of them(whichever is why I haven’t brought in Curran). I’m likely to keep Kiraz and possibly Hughes based on minutes. The other two will be definite trade outs. Round 9, maybe a trade? I could use another cashie at this point I’d guess. Round 10, thanks for your service Levi and Strange. And it’s here where I’ll take a closer look at what plan I can concoct over Origin.

Thanks for reading this update, hope this round goes a lot better for those of you who had a shit round 4.
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:35 pm

I like it. Think trading Cleary makes a lot of sense for your team.

I just don’t know if I love the overall team balance it leaves.

Looking into the future your mid and edg probably need more love (May, McInness and KPP are the only ones that may hang around more than 2-3 weeks longe) and I think I’d recommend Tohu as a trade in over Api or Brown. There’s almost a death of cows or non origin guns in the mid and edg. Apart from Piakura I don’t know if there’s any good upcoming players to own.

Think Brailey will help with hooker in a few weeks.

5 halves (Hynes, DBrown, Galvin, Flanagan, Hutch) is probably what’s destroying the balance though.

I think I’d like Brown in for Flanagan or Hutch. Whichever stalls first (Brown can wait a week). Grab Tohu and Api this week Smile
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:46 pm

I like your input and thinking here. Tohu definitely a good shout, but I think Brown and Api are unavailable to me should I go that route.I’ll look more into it over the next couple of days. I’m keeping an eye on Brailey and also Nikora, once he bottoms out.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:46 pm

Decision done. Cleary and Tups for Tohu and Blaize, $331k bank. Still going with the “fun play” and Cappy Pappy.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:25 pm

Fancy a Smoothy? ForanAgainst team tracker 2024 102aa410

I’ll start by saying it was such a dumb idea to captain Crapenhuyzen. Even in a game like that, I thought he’d have a bit more involvement. The Turbo captainers of the previous round probably had a good chuckle at our expense.

New recruit, Tohu, was underwhelming, but I kind of expected that, considering. Not worried about it. My other trade in, Curran, does what he does. My other Doggies: Hutchinson hit the road this week for Crangus. Kiraz & Salmon are technically now on borrowed time, and hoping Shoes becomes a mainstay in that forward pack.

Hoping the Dragons can spring to life this week and Flanno can get his scoring on an upward trajectory again. Onto the other concerns….

Cheese: errrm, I guess we hold until 14 and reassess from there. Not impressed.
    May: I’m not sure if, or how, the losses of Teddy and Walker affected his minutes. I am quietly confident he’ll be back to his 45-50 minutes, 1 ppm best this week.

Burbo. I suppose it’s the dpp keeping you in the team, and playing centre this week means you have found yourself in jersey 19 on my team, one number ahead of jersey 20…..

Sebastian Kris. I’m still bamboozled how you got to your point total over the weekend, because even with the try, it didn’t look like you did too much out there, until like close to the end.

I wanted to save one trade this week, but I just can’t go past Iro. Time will tell if he has definitely locked down that spot, or if I was one of many to fall victim.

Dropping ranks is never any fun, but we go again. Thanks for reading!
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:01 am

I’m comfortable with my decision not to make any trades this week. Players like Hutch, Flan, Burbo, Salmon shouldn’t see too much price fluctuating, and neither should Angus, so I can wait and see if it’s 60 minute Angus, or longer minute Angus.

Haven’t once thought about Gray and if Chester started 100k cheaper, I might be interested. I read talk in the main thread that a full strength Sharks team would still see Iro on the outside looking in, which could mean that Iro does get games(injuries) but it would be quite sporadic. I would like to see Talaki as their 14 moving forward, but that’s only a thought. Obviously, I’m on Chevy watch, but if he does well and holds his place, so I really need another Raider? I’ve only three of them, so definitely looking to offload Kris and Levi at or before round 10, and I’ll make a decision on Strange around that time, as well.

The round 6 squad
    Cheese
    May, Hughes, Salmon
    KPP, Curran
    (C)Hynes, Strange
    Kiraz, Kris
    (VC)Ponga, Papenhuyzen, Campbell

Harris, McInnes, Levi, Galvin
    Hutchinson, Flanagan, Burbo, Chan

Any lineup changes you would suggest? Thanks.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:57 pm