NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Fancy a Smoothy? ForanAgainst team tracker 2024

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Fancy a Smoothy? ForanAgainst team tracker 2024 - Page 2 Empty Re: Fancy a Smoothy? ForanAgainst team tracker 2024

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:15 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:I’m comfortable with my decision not to make any trades this week. Players like Hutch, Flan, Burbo, Salmon shouldn’t see too much price fluctuating, and neither should Angus, so I can wait and see if it’s 60 minute Angus, or longer minute Angus.

Haven’t once thought about Gray and if Chester started 100k cheaper, I might be interested. I read talk in the main thread that a full strength Sharks team would still see Iro on the outside looking in, which could mean that Iro does get games(injuries) but it would be quite sporadic. I would like to see Talaki as their 14 moving forward, but that’s only a thought. Obviously, I’m on Chevy watch, but if he does well and holds his place, so I really need another Raider? I’ve only three of them, so definitely looking to offload Kris and Levi at or before round 10, and I’ll make a decision on Strange around that time, as well.

The round 6 squad
    Cheese
    May, Hughes, Salmon
    KPP, Curran
    (C)Hynes, Strange
    Kiraz, Kris
    (VC)Ponga, Papenhuyzen, Campbell

Harris, McInnes, Levi, Galvin
    Hutchinson, Flanagan, Burbo, Chan

Any lineup changes you would suggest? Thanks.

I think you have your best 18 set up correctly. The only real 50/50 is should Levi be in the loop, but I think it's worth playing him straight up and hoping for another try. I wish I had the luxury of leaving Burbo out, but alas I do not. And I daresay a lot of others won't either.

Considering you're saving two trades, I think this is a big plus week for you
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Fancy a Smoothy? ForanAgainst team tracker 2024 - Page 2 Empty Re: Fancy a Smoothy? ForanAgainst team tracker 2024

Post by ForanAgainst Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:23 pm

Fancy a Smoothy? ForanAgainst team tracker 2024 - Page 2 62de4910

First off, thanks for the mention in your tracker Winfield. Glad to see you had a good week, as well. We all only want the best for each other’s teams.

Secondly, sometimes I forget which pixel size I use, so that’s why these come in various forms.

Third, and I’m certain I’m not alone here, but I actually needed that golden point and Strange’s last run to crack the 900. Not sure what else to say about that round except it was nice to see Levi come back down to a bit of normality??? Flanagun is looking as of he’ll stay right up until his bye round.

I did mention yesterday in the main arena that, financially, I should have done Hutchinson to Angus, but it’s all good. Locked that in as trade one. As far as trades two and three are concerned. It’s very likely I’ll lock in JC and Chan to Chester and Plodddell. I can use Burbo to loop Flanagan and Kris this week, playing Chester as wfb3.

The other thought I have/had was downgrading Burbo to Stewart and then Campbell up to CNK, but that would give me four Raiders to deal with quite close to their byes, and it’s not something I’m willing to do.

As I compose this update, I’ve just looked into dropping Burbs and Campbell to Chester and Iro, leaving $180k itb.

Last thing I’ll say in this one is my current rank is 4192 spots behind where I ended round 6 last year, but only 431 spots behind where I started round 8 last year. This was the time where I thought it was just all going to the shitter. In an odd way, it’s feels quite rewarding to start lower than I ever have(recent memory), and trust in the players I chose to climb me up.

As usual, thanks for your time to read this and any thoughts or concerns you have.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:52 am

Good stuff mate cheer

Hutch to Angus looks good.

Assume JChan is off the tradeout list now. Hopefully can stick around and eek out some cash. I'm undecided on Levi still. Punting him and keeping the loop option this week is tempting, but ~29 BE isn't too crazy and Dogs bye next week could be rough. I think all 4 of Salmon, SHughes, Kiraz and Curran look like holds at this stage. Though that could change quickly.

Campbell and Burbo do look like more priority trades looking towards next week, unless wanting to loop, which isn't always what it's cracked up to be.

Chester's one I'm looking at too for the coverage. Don't see much value $ wise, as I can see a few 20s without tries in his future, but if he can provide cheap cover and average 30-35 through to the big byes, that'd be great.

Iro I made a gut call on last week. Talakai starting edge the other week and subbed off after 53 mins while looking gassed made me think it could be Iro's opportunity to take the CTR spot. Could turn out Talakai just had gastro that week or something, but I'm hoping someone with better mobility and speed like Iro will be preferred. Still Finucane to come back too, but everyone staying fit at once is another story.

Waddell's probably a decent pick too. Not really on my radar this week, but might be an option next week if carnage strikes my forwards. Probably in for a decent price rise this week though.

I'm also avoiding Stewart because of the Raiders bye for now. CNK I don't think is sustainable. Would rather him in the 500-550k range. 630k feels a bit rich.

Bradman Best could be good at 490k. Playing Kiraz/Kris at WFB isn't optimal longterm, but early season, and for the short term it's okay.

Angus, Iro and Chester could be the go though. Good chance I have all 3 aswell, so here's hoping Very Happy
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:09 am

Probably forget I mentioned Best. I find the footystats screenshot harder to decipher, but on closer inspection, you're pretty set for CTRs with Kiraz, Kris and Strange until Raiders bye and probably adding at least one of Iro or Chester.

Maybe Waddell would fit better with all the Dogs being rubbed out next week.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:31 pm

Ins: Crichton, Iro, WaddellChester. Outs: Hutchinson, Campbell, Burbo. Bank:$132k$180k

Round 7 Team
    Chesse
    May, Harris, Curran
    KPP, Crichton
    Hynes, Galvin
    Strange, Iro
    Ponga, Papenhuyzen, Kiraz

McInnes, Hughes, Chester, Salmon
    Flanagan, Kris, Chan, Levi

I’ll take one more look at JBrails and if I’m confident enough, he’ll be a like for like swap with Levi next round, and I’ll have him, Kris, and Flanagan to come into the 17 for my Doggies.

Update: I’ve gone off Waddell after remembering that I once owned two players who were in the same price range and turned out to be quite fecal(Shitili and Wong). Just got a bad vibes about that one.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:20 pm

I’ve spent a good chunk of this afternoon bye planning with my current team just to see what was there. Obviously, this is a bit premature when taking into account we’re so far out, and things WILL change, injures, suspensions, players being dropped, and the like. Last year, I didn’t do anything like this, it was more of a “yep, that works for me, hope for the best.” This one was plan trades, see what’s missing in a certain bye round, rethink trades, check again, repeat. The main conclusion I came to was there will always be question marks, and plans are likely to go out the window. Also, I’m very mid 20th century, alas the pen and paper approach I took here. Weirdly enough, it was kind of…..therapeutic.

Fancy a Smoothy? ForanAgainst team tracker 2024 - Page 2 A2f97c10

To note, round 19 isn’t there because we all know that round will be an absolute shitshow. And speaking of there always being a question, after doing all of this, is it better to just go after a gun hooker to get me through this portion of the season? And where do I find the funds to do that without compromising too much.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:35 am

Finally, we have entered four digit rank land, and surprisingly I’m rank higher than I was at this point last year. Ive definitely got concerns with May and McInnes in regards to the minutes they’re/they’ll be getting. I didn’t trade in Chester last round because I wanted to see how he would score, even if the Cowboys were not.

Hoping Chan is named again this week and plays decent minutes in the middle. And Danny fricken Levi, how has he managed to stay in my team another week?

Four Doggies and two red dots have my trades as Burbo, Ponga, & Flanagan departing for Dylbags, Chester, and Sorenson. I’ll be down a center when the Raiders are on the bye, but if I can’t straight swap Salmon to Garrick that round, I might have to sacrifice McInnes or May to grab Garrick. My mids wouldn’t still be Tohu, Curran, Sorenson with Gus and KPP my edges.

Fancy a Smoothy? ForanAgainst team tracker 2024 - Page 2 0de95510
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:17 pm

McInnes could well be a hold now Finucance has retired. Any reason you're set on Dylan Brown this week, he looked terrible at weekend and a new halves partner could steal his KM?

Could you look at playing Strange at HLF, Iro/Kiraz at CTR (Kris this week) and then bring in a gun WFB instead?
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:41 pm

I’ll definitely be keeping track of McMinutes going forward. I think(hope) Brown will bounce back nicely and be more dominant than he was Friday name. I’m blaming the humidity and the fact that the Eels clocked off after 45 minutes as the reason he did quite poorly.

I’ve had a think about Walsh and whilst he can put up a score for far less than Edwards or Drinky, I think his floor lowers a fair bit with ARey back in the side. Could be wrong, just a feeling.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:40 pm

Scored a 907 this round and rank is 8769(nice). Something different to my tracker. Trade history. I’ve a couple bad ones in there, and a few I could have done earlier, but always wanted to “see how they go for one more game.”
    Fancy a Smoothy? ForanAgainst team tracker 2024 - Page 2 B1f11610
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Yesterday at 11:46 am

Think I’ll have to be content with the following trades and team this week. I hope I’m right about not cutting the Cheese.

Out: TerMay, Levi, Kris In: Plath, Atkinson, Garrick
    Bank: $84k

Cheese
    Harris, JJ, Curran
    Gus, KPP
    Hynes, Galvin
    Garrick, Iro
    Paps, Walsh, Kiraz

McInnes, Plath, Salmon, Chester
    Strange, Chan, Atkinson, Hughes

I’ll let final team lists decide on what I do with the pink fish. If he doesn’t start, Atkinson will jump up there. And if Strange goes to shit again, I think I’ll need to find my double headed coin to decide on who to play between Shoes and Chan.

Maybe, I’m not as content as I thought. The other possibility is that I trade in Brailey instead of Garrick, but I’d have to play Strange and I could loop Cheese?
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Today at 11:00 am

Think I’m through tinkering for this round. New trades are Levi, May, and Strange out for Armstrong, Plath and Bateman. Still would like to get Brailey and Garrick next week(might need to use three trades again) and then hold off on trades for rounds 11 and 12. Atko still could be part of next weeks trade plans. Bank of $13k.

Round 9 team and I mean it this time

Cheese
    Curran, JJ, Harris
    Gus, KPP
    Hynes, Galvin
    Kiraz, Iro
    Walsh, Pappy, Armstrong

McInnes, Bateman, Plath, Chester
    Kris, Pinkfish, Shoes, JackieChan

Really wanted both Garrick and Bateman and quite a few others this week, but we’re working with three trades, not Jesus. Long story short, decided Bateman was my best option this week and Strange is collateral damage.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:50 pm