NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

StuDogg101 Team Tracker 2024

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

StuDogg101 Team Tracker 2024 Empty StuDogg101 Team Tracker 2024

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:02 pm

Welcome back for another year. Had an absolute shocker last year for various reasons, but mostly because I never appreciated how much time and effort it takes to raise a baby, and as such that is obviously the higher priority than fantasy NRL. However I am back with a vengeance and hoping to reach the lofty goals of top 1000 at worst. I will hopefully be able to dedicate far more time to the forum and the game in general in 2024!

Don't usually start my team tracker until I've somewhat settled on a steady 17 (at least). However because of the split R1 and the sheer number of team selections that are up in the air, I am just going to post what I have so far and hopefully someone can look at it with a fresh set of eyes.

My currently squad is

Boyd
    Haas Hopgood Tupouniua
    Luki Wong
    Cleary Hutchison
    Holmes Burbo
    Papy Teddy Kini

Smithies Piakura Flanagan Salmon
    Mikaele Hughes Strange Iro

The bolded players are the ones I want to keep regardless of how my team ends up.

Haas - considered Murray, but if Haas starts off with hiss and a roar then he will be harder to trade up to than Murray. What you see is what you get.
    Hopgood - same boat as Haas in my mind. Can't see him retracting and even if he plays consistently reduced minutes, I still think he can maintain his price.
    Luki - like the cut of his jib. Obvious reasons as to why he's being selected by people and I'm not doubting his potential.
    Cleary - set and forget (c)
    Holmes - started with him last season and jumped off too early so missed the late season run. Going to stick with him this season, unless his scores completely fall off a cliff. Hoping the Cowboys in general play a lot better and thus Holmes scoring more consistently. A lot to spend on a centre, but a player I like watching.
    Papy - cheap and with pedigree. Will his body hold up after back-to-back serious injuries is about the only concern, but at his price and after the trial it's a risk worth taking.
    Smithies - a risk I don't need to take, but one I want to take. Awkwardly priced, but also in that range where I can move him on if he doesn't produce after a few rounds.
    Piakura - starting, cheap, easy money. Right? Right.

The next tier are players I probably start with, but they're not absolutely locked-in certainties.

Boyd - I ideally want him on the bench for that valuable half/hooker cover that got me out of multiple binds last season. In my current team he is starting however, and that's because I can't really decide on my bench. Because I took Holmes at CTR then I have to sacrifice somewhere else. This will likely be either HOK or WFB (see Teddy below). As far as placeholders go though, Boyd hits the spot for now. Will likely need to find bench space for Lussick/Hands depending on what happens next week which could change this selection. Bit gutted that Koro is on the bye R1, as I probably would have taken him in this spot. Now I will just wait to see how he goes R2.
    Tupouniua/Wong - *insert 'why not both' meme*. I think both are worthy of selection, and I also cover my bases by owning both. If I had to pick one it would be Tupouniua, but I'm hoping I can just run with both and sacrifice one of them down the line if need be.
    Hutchison - tight call between him and Fogarty to start next to Cleary, and really it all comes down to funds at the moment. I can't see Hutch not scoring well, but exactly how well is the $400k question. Speaking of, at that price he's also another I'm happy to take a punt on.
    Burbo - I put him in this category as he will almost certainly be in my squad somewhere. Just depends if he's starting or on the bench. Will take what I can get from him at $250k.
    Teddy - told myself I wouldn't start with him. He's on the decline etc etc...but it's Teddy. I can't just ignore him at that price. With Ponga possibly overpriced based after a huge back end to last season, I think Teddy provides more value. However, if I want both Tupouniua AND Wong, then Teddy makes 3 Roosters, which I'm not entirely keen on. Also is he worth the extra $17k over Turbo (who I also told myself I wouldn't start with)?
    Hughes - somewhat of a no-brainer pick. Will make money but not a starter in my team (yet).

And the rest. A mix of gap fillers, players I'm interested in but not set on, and other miscellaneous detritus.

Kini - I'm a believer, even if it is only for a short time I think he can smash some BEs and make some fast money. Whether he is in my 13, 17, 21 or at all depends quite a bit on whether I start with Teddy. I can't really afford much more in that spot, and as far as an early season cow goes there are worse punts out there in my opinion. Not set in my squad though.
    Flanagan - it is kind of a him-or-Hutch situation I think. I have both in there for now as it fits my squad financially, but realistically one will need to become a second hooker (unless I find a way to bench Boyd) such a Lussick/Hands/Levi (yuck). Will make money though, and I don't reeeeeeallllyyyy want to leave him out but will if necessary.
    Salmon - easy pick if starting. Unsure whether he's worth a spot in the 17 or not, I don't know what his projected scoring is like if someone else could fill me in?
    Miakele/Strange/Iro - gap fillers/teamlist dependent selections.

Clear as mud. I have a team to at least start the year, even if it will need some manipulating over the split round. Obviously I need to decide on Teddy sooner rather than later, but other than that I think I'm ok for Round 1A? Even as I typed this out I realise I probably need to go for someone cheaper than Teddy but will let it simmer for a bit before tearing my team up completely. Like I said, hoping a fresh set of eyes can spot something as I feel like I'm missing a trick here.

Thanks for reading, even if you only looked at the squad itself. Am open to as much advice and constructive criticism as possible! Good luck for the season.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

StuDogg101 Team Tracker 2024 Empty Re: StuDogg101 Team Tracker 2024

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:41 pm

personally, i think you are paying a premium for both haas and hopgood, you can pick them up both cheaper later in the season, there is value at a slight tier down
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:24 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:personally, i think you are paying a premium for both haas and hopgood, you can pick them up both cheaper later in the season, there is value at a slight tier down

I probably should have taken your advice, but alas I did not
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:51 pm

Round 1 recap

A right shemozzle was had by all. I was pretty happy with my score considering, until Cleary and Boyd downdated. Flung me back about 10k in ranks from just under 20k to just under 30k.

Boyd 44 - was happy with 50 considering he was pretty much a gap filler that I never ended up working out a replacement for. 44 is at the low end though so a bit disappointed. Bye this week and Levi currently has the dreaded injured symbol. But after reading the forum I see it's probably (hopefully?) just a cork so not too serious.

Haas 76 - wish I'd just captained him straight up, but it is what it is. Not much to say that others haven't. Glad I started with him.

Hopgood 48 - as with Boyd, definitely at the low end of expectations. R1 though so no panic. Definitely not trading like I have seen some discussing. Will come good.

Tupouniua 22 - feels like months ago that he played. Also has the dreaded injured symbol of course but will see what happens. If he's playing I'm not trading him, need to see a full game of rotations first.

Wong 44 - was hoping for 40+ and got it. Same as Tupouniua though just need to see a full game of Roosters rotations before definitively saying he's the best choice of the two.

Piakura 0 - what could have been.

Cleary 102 (C) - was really happy with 56 after how the game itself actually played out. But shit, downgrading to 51 was brutal in an already tough week. Thankfully a large swathe of teams had the same so not too bad. At least it was still over 100.

Hutchison 34 - not sure how to feel about this one. Didn't expect miracles, couldn't predict what kind of score he'd get so not sure how I feel about 34. OK I guess, for his price? Flanno would have got more for cheaper, but much of a muchness really. Will probably hold for now at least.

Holmes 67 - glad I took the punt again. Saved my round right at the end to nudge me over 700. Won't get 7 goals every week, but it was a nice boost in a dire R1.

Burbo 53 - did better than expected and looks like we get another round out of him at least.

Rapana 43 - another one where I'm happy with the score for the price. Could afford to upgrade in the end so went with him and hoped for the best. Didn't expect him to be the highest scoring of my WFB.

Pappy 20 - not really his game. Not much to say really, obviously we all picked him on potential vs price, but 20s aren't it. Still, will be a wait and see for me.

Kini 18 - base priced WFB in a middling team. Couldn't expect too much. Needed to be busier in my opinion, but has the bye this week so can sit in the EMG to think about what he's done for now.

Bench
    Smithies 52 - wanted 50, got just over. Happy with both his play in general/how he was used in the game but also how he scored. Glad I started with him also.

Luki 48 - bailed out by the try but we take those

Salmon 29 - another where I didn't really know what to expect score-wise. Probably more than 29. But for the price once again, we take those. Ideally won't be in my 17, but for now he might have to be.

Strange 21 - regret playing him in my 17, especially as a last minute swap in for Levi. Hopefully can relegate him to the EMG this week.

Levi 31 - see above. Hopefully not injured this week as I'll probably have to start him

Chan 26 - big boost in updates. Well, relatively big. Happy enough with what I saw on the field from a nuffie.

Cotric 22 - the definition of bench cover. Might have to sub in for Kini this week, will see what happens.

Kris - enabled Burbo loop

Roll on TLT. Don't have the itchiest trade finger surprisingly, but will have to make some decisions based on injuries and team sheets. Will update then 👍 good luck all and thanks for reading
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:08 pm

Levi
    Haas Hoppy Tups
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Hutch
    Val Burbo
    Kris Pappy Rapana

Smithies Luki Salmon (Kini)
    Strange Chan (Boyd Cotric)

Bank: $76k

Thinking about no trades and running out this bunch this week. Can probably organise a double loop but will have to have a look and work it out.

If anything, Cotric to Galvin/similar might be an idea despite him being on debut. Gives me another shit half though to add to the mix.

Obviously starting Levi isn't ideal, but I knew that was potentially the case going into R1 so not too fazed for one week.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:12 pm

Ended up going Cotric to Galvin last week, bittersweet since it means I don't need to trade him in this week, but with all my outs Cotric could have been quite handy. 4 red dots before trades so at least get 17 on the park, but will be trading Haas and Luki for sure. Who to, is the question.

Recap

Levi 26. Mid 20s with a try. Dunno why I thought he'd go any differently tbh. Will get a stay of execution this week with other fires, but preferably not in my 17.

Haas 54. Oof. Reasonable score considering. Shame to see you go, but it is what it is. Future me can worry about getting him back.

Hoppy 78. Highlight of the week in my otherwise sad looking forward pack.

Tupouniua 31. Got Roostered. Between him and Wong I can't help but feel like having both has put me at the coach's mercy more than ever. Another who will live to see another week.

Wong 37. Out. Will sit on the pine for now.

Piakura 40. Happy with 40 from him. Let's see how the Broncs go as a whole without Haas and ARey.

Cleary. 116(c). Expect more for his price obviously but at least it was over 50.

Strange 44. Rewarded me for his promotion into the starting 13. Like Piakura, happy with that score.

Holmes 37. I wish this was his floor but I know there are worse games in him so I will take the 37. Fingers crossed for more W1 than W2 this week.

Burbo 30. Just make money mate. If you keep Schuster out indefinitely then great.

Pappy 81. Sad to see vs the Warriors, but great for Fantasy. Hopefully his injury woes at behind him.

Kris 29. Felt like I brought in a nightwatchman and he got out before the close of play. Will hold for DPP bench usefulness, but picked a bad week to be out.

Rapana 36. Whatever he scores, he's on the park and that's what matters. Will need to go eventually.

Bench
    Smithies 46. Great. Around there is fine by me.

Luki 9. Another big oof. Easy trade.

Salmon 31. Fine for his price. Not ideal having to play him but I know I'm not the only one.

Chan 35. Late call up after looping Hutch out. Lost out in the him vs Galvin guess the score, but at least he outscored Hutch. Another score I'm happy with for his price.

Galvin 43. NPR but glad I jumped on him last week. Fast money is good money.

Hutchison 29. Looped him out with his sub 30. Worked out OK.

Kini, Boyd bye.

So my team for this week before trades is

Boyd
    Hopgood Smithies Tupouniua
    Burbo Piakura
    Cleary Galvin
    Holmes Strange
    Pappy Rapana Kini

Salmon Hutch Levi Chan
    (Haas Luki Kris Wong)

Rank 36494
    Bank $111k
    Trades 35(2)

Everything in me wants to go Haas and Luki to Lussick and Hynes. Lussick gets Levi out of my 17 and Hynes is gun to gun. Before Haas was ruled, it was Wong and Luki to Curran and Lussick (couldn't afford May and Lussick).

Others I'm interested in are Curran and May but I don't know if I can resist the Hynes trade. Long term it is probably a bad trade, I know. But I've had such a slow start to the season it might just give me a jump start. Ehhhh I dunno. Talk to me lol cheers for reading!
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:38 pm

My rank is more than double yours, so I’ve done Haas to Hynes and hoping Moses comes down a fair bit more to partner one of them in round 5 and 6.

I’ve got $200k something itb, so it would be nice of anyone on my outs watchlist to pull out their finger this round.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:49 am

I don't think there's ever a bad time to get Hynes, certainly not when he's about to play the Tigers. I think getting Lussick and Hynes makes plenty of sense in your situation.

Lussick definitely as your hooker cover is lacking.

My only question would be if you're comfortable having Salmon as your only mid cover? And if not what the plan would be there? Your edge probably needs some attention too with Burbo starting and Chan covering, so maybe Curran with his dual is handy?

I'd still get Hynes, just food for thought.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:13 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:I don't think there's ever a bad time to get Hynes, certainly not when he's about to play the Tigers. I think getting Lussick and Hynes makes plenty of sense in your situation.

Lussick definitely as your hooker cover is lacking.

My only question would be if you're comfortable having Salmon as your only mid cover? And if not what the plan would be there? Your edge probably needs some attention too with Burbo starting and Chan covering, so maybe Curran with his dual is handy?

I'd still get Hynes, just food for thought.

Yeah I definitely need to address the cover in the next couple of weeks. So to answer your question, no I'm not comfortable with the current situation. I still got Hynes, but hopefully I can get a non injury week to make some actual upgrades instead of merely swap. Thanks for the input!
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:36 pm

Well that was a week. Fantasy-wise it actually went better than expected and I managed to halve my rank with a 782. Going into this week however, I only have 15 pre-trades. But first, the recap.

Lussick 28 - obviously not the score expected or wanted. But better than a 0, and now he's in the team I just gotta hope he does something in the Moses-less Eels.

Hopgood 46 - below par, but not really a concern. Far bigger fish to fry either way.

Smithies 33 - also below par. Will be keeping an eye on him the next few weeks. Obviously not the potential keeper I was hoping for at this stage.

Tupouniua 33 - has the big game in him, but I'm getting impatient. Survives this week. 40+ would be nice.

Burbo 15 - the only plus is that he's holding off Schuster. Green dot.

Piakura 30 - rip. Tempted to hold because he will make money one day...

Cleary 150(c) - the injury is just annoying more than anything. Great game, great score. Will probably hold, but the team is punished because of it. Tough decision since I traded Haas already.

Hynes 50 - not the score I wanted from my Haas replacement, but it's the one I got. And he's a genuine captaincy option this week.

Holmes 88 - boom. Wasn't looking promising in the first half but then smashed out another great score. Highlight of my week!

Strange 12 - obviously not great, but a lot would have played him so could have been worse.

Rapana 61 - the way I see it, any scores he gets are a bonus. Will cling on for grim death for now.

Papenhuyzen 51 - will take this score every day of the week. Especially in WFB.

Kini 18 - was just hoping for more. From the Titans and from him. Time to go.

Bench
    Boyd 33 - 3rd 33 of the week. Same as Kini, expect more from the Titans. Useful DPP though.

Galvin 60 - bang. Another huge plus for the week. So glad I got him in straight away. Lucky.

Salmon 37 - useful DPP, useful score. Can hang round for now.

Hutchison 37 - only got his score cuz Chan was ruled out. Bonus 37.

Levi 25 - my only NPR this week. Happy to drop at any stage... but not this week.

Chan, Kris, Wong

15 green dots is not great. Especially since I wanted to follow up a good week with a good week. Will be tough now with all the outs, but everyone is going to have some kind of pain to deal with. Need to trade to get 17 and then hope no one is ruled out, but really not sure who to trade. In or out. All I know is that one trade in has to be a WFB with 2 out and only one replacement.

Would love to hold Cleary but all that money could get me one, possibly two, good scorers to fill the void he leaves behind. Wong and Piakura are probably my top 2 trade outs. Kini is too cheap to be useful right now. Chan is somewhere in between. Burbo survives another week, along with Tupouniua and Strange.

Team pre-trades

Lussick
    Hopgood Smithies Tupouniua
    Burbo Salmon
    Hynes Galvin
    Holmes Strange
    Rapana Kris -

Boyd Hutchison Levi -

(Papy Chan Kini Wong Cleary)

Bank $18k
    Trades 33(2)
    Rank 18806

Probably gonna have to take a punt on Campbell, but I really don't want another Titan. Kinda keen on Gutho though with Moses out. Not much bank means options are limited... unless I trade Cleary. Cue confusion. Time to do some maths and see what I can do.

Good luck everyone, let the fun begin!
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:57 pm

Was the week of Hynes (C) for me last week. Without that I likely score well under 600 and go backwards in rank. As it was I scored a probanlymclose to par 726, and went up 4-ish thousand. A few issues are becoming more apparent each week however, and I'm just waiting for the week where all my shittos shit the bed at the same time. Time to move some on.

Lussick 22 - even with Hands on the bench I thought he'd get 30+, but not even close. Will likely hold this week as other issues are more pressing, but is definitely a trade out candidate.

Hoppy 70 - minutes watch, but not gonna complain about a 70.

Smithies 34 - trade out candidate 2. Just not hitting the 40s I expected/wanted/needed. If not this week, then soon.

Tupouniua 32 - trade out candidate 3. Benched this week so feel even more comfortable doing so.

KPP 53 - glad I got on last week, one of the few positives in the team. Hopefully keeps the 50+ going.

Burbo 22 - trade out candidate 4. Keeping his spot for now but it's not translating to anything good for Fantasy. However his DPP has been useful recently, and a 22 is better than a 0!

Hynes 152 - got lucky with this choice. Glad I jumped on him with Haas money. Out this week but not injured so will be glad to have him next week for sure.

Galvin 44 - oh the league gods giveth and then they taketh away. Really, really unfortunate suspension. Will keep, but the timing with Hynes on the bye is pretty annoying.

Holmes 41 - can't expect 85 every week lol 40+ is good though, keep them coming! Was on like -2 after 20min I think it was so even just getting into positives was great.

Strange 37 - much better. Especially since I had to play him at CTR. A marginal trade out candidate, but not at the top of the pile just yet.

Rapana 34 - my highest scoring WFB. Sigh. Gotta keep him around for now but will be tempted to punt if I need his money to make some trades.

Campbell 27 - new recruit and...dang Titans are just so shit at the moment. Saw glimmers of good things though, so hopefully with a game under his belt he can score better going forward. Regret with not going Gutho, but it is what it is and I still have that money in the bank at least.

Kris 18 - gap filler filled a gap. Keen to get him in the emergencies where I want him to be, but the fantasy gods aren't allowing that just yet. A marginal trade out option but not a priority as no real value.

Bench
    Boyd 30 - Tanah, oh Tanah. Another Titans trainwreck. Still has the useful DPP, but that probably isn't enough to keep him around bleeding cash. Official trade out candidate 5, but realistically battling with Tupouniua as number 1 on the hitlist.

Hutchison 45 - stoked he finally got a score. If he could start averaging 40 that would be great, but for now just want to see some cash.

Levi 44 - similar to Hutch. Finally gets out of the 30s. Know it won't be every week, but was handy this round. Hoping for more of the same before I need to start cutting more Raiders.

Salmon 21 - no comment. DPP, but similar to Kris. Only playing cuz I have to. No real value to trade so just gotta hope he strings a few scores together at some point. Will hopefully get him into the emergencies, or at least a loop, soon

Papy, Chan, Piakura, Wong

This week, pre trades I have 16. Fortunately I can cover every position with various shittos, so not stuck with trading specific positions just to field 17 like last week. That's about all the good news though.

Lussick
    Hoppy Smithies Tupouniua
    KPP Burbo
    Hutchison Boyd
    Holmes Strange
    Papy Campbell Rapana

Levi Kris Salmon
    (Hynes, Galvin, Chan, Piakura, Wong)

Bank $224k
    Rank 14418
    Trades 31(2)

So many trade out targets I don't know where to start. Want Brown and/or Gutho so will be looking to make that work, probably at the expense of Boyd, but not sure I can justify trading him this week in particular. As much as I want to. Pretty keen to hold Chan, but Wong can go. Tupouniua probably needs to go this week too though, so Smithies gets a reprieve.

Time to try a few combos. Any advice, as always, greatly appreciated. Will try get to some other trackers tonight, have been slack in that regard this season so far.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:30 pm

Any interest in:

Tups > Angus
    Wong > Dylbags

Leaves you this team full strength for RD6:

Lussick
    Hoppy Salmon Smithies
    KPP Angus
    Hynes Dylbags
    Holmes Kris
    Papy Campbell Rapana

Boyd Strange Brbo Hutcho
    Levi Chan Piakura Galvin

I think that gives you a very strong 13 and 2 more trades to fix up the bench via Brbo/Hutch/Levi with Piakura and Galvin to come back in.

Angus is a gamble but can be anyone 450k and below. Quite a few different options at that price.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:16 pm

Ando wrote:Any interest in:

Tups > Angus
    Wong > Dylbags

Leaves you this team full strength for RD6:

Lussick
    Hoppy Salmon Smithies
    KPP Angus
    Hynes Dylbags
    Holmes Kris
    Papy Campbell Rapana

Boyd Strange Brbo Hutcho
    Levi Chan Piakura Galvin

I think that gives you a very strong 13 and 2 more trades to fix up the bench via Brbo/Hutch/Levi with Piakura and Galvin to come back in.

Angus is a gamble but can be anyone 450k and below. Quite a few different options at that price.

Yeah I really like that actually. Obviously Angus is a punt, but could have a hefty payoff if he lives up to his former pedigree. But I will definitely look at the other options around that price too. Cheers for the response!
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:18 am

I think Wong -> Brown is a no brainer.
    I also think Blaize should come in for Tups. Better BE.

Drops your bank to ~160k but your other tradeouts in Lussick, Smithies and Boyd all have a lot of cash so that should still work okay.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:37 am

I would wait on Angus what if Sitili plays the last 25mins and Angus only gets 55mins on the edge?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:37 am

You need to flick Tups and Wong like me brother.

I’m fucking them off for Dylbags and Talagi I think.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:32 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:

Yeah I really like that actually. Obviously Angus is a punt, but could have a hefty payoff if he lives up to his former pedigree. But I will definitely look at the other options around that price too. Cheers for the response!

I feel it's a fairly low risk play, he's priced at 31 and averaged 32 last year where he only started 3 games out of 11.

If he gets 55 minutes at 0.7ppm that's a 38.5 average.

If he starts against the Dogs and they get a win you'd think Robbo keeps him there at least another week and hopefully longer moving forward.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:01 pm

Ok so going into last week I wasn't feeling very confident. Trades were iffy, had to play a tonne of shittos, and had no cover. When I had only 5 players play and my rank was 70k-ish after the first few games I was even more concerned. But somehow, with help from new recruit Angus Crichton, I got to what I thought was a par score. Then I checked on here and realised maybe it was actually above par for the first time this season. After a few up and downdates I ended up on 790. That 70k rank going into the weekend ended up at 7k. Obviously happiest I've been for a round so far this season.

Shout out to Ando for the Angus call out. Won't expect that score every week, Rooster etc, but glad to have got on a week before the majority so can concentrate on other fires.

Recap
    Lussick 45 - 80 min 45. I'll take that. A bit sad that he *only* got 45, but with the Eels how they were, I'm not going to complain. Probably survives another week now...

Hopgood 62 - wish I had kept the C on him. But another 60 in the books,  sweet.

Smithies 60 - wow and to think there were grounds to sell last round. Now Horse is out again so another stay of execution. Would love consistent 50+, but obviously stoked with this score.

Salmon 34 - shitto gets 30+? Profit!

KPP 47 - not the heights I wanted, but still glad I have him.  Edge has been poohs so far this season

Burbo 33 - shitto gets 30+? Profit! Another probable keep for another week. Not too tied to him though so we shall see.

DBrown 96(c) - new recruit, burdened with the captaincy. Wasn't as much of a punt as a WFB would have been, but usually I'd go with the safe forward without Hynes or Cleary around. Didn't this time. 51x2 looked good. 48x2, not so much. But still, the Eels got smoked so even a 46 is passable.

Hutchison 31 - see Salmon and Burbo. Probably also survives another week, but might chuck in a loop.

Holmes 60 - this is the consistency I wanted last season. Been a great one to own so far, I think all but 1 score I was happy with.

Strange 46 - strong game, finally hit his straps for long periods of the game. Lives again.

Campbell 60 - another 60 in the team. Positive outlook in a shit Titans team. My purchase regret only lasted the 1 round...hopefully it stays away!

Papy 24 - just glad I didn't chuck the C on him. Saw the game score before I saw his score and that made the disappointment even more real.

Rapana 23 - feel for him. Have had my meniscus done and my knee will never be the same. Did his job though, filled an admirable gap for the first few weeks, and would have been a probable trade before the Raiders bye anyway. Thanks for your service.

Bench
    Levi 31 - lol

ACrichton 59 - was disappointed to see him drop under 60...but not really! Glad I took the advice and got him in. Hopefully he maintains 60+ minutes going forward. Need to see a full strength Roosters for 80 minutes to get a true gauge.

Kris 34 - kinda expect more when I saw the game score, similar to Papy. But I take 34 from Kris every day of the week. Possible trade, but with the useful DPP he likely stays.

Boyd 45 - held another week...and might hold again. Titans were improved. Still shit. But improved. Possible trade also, but likely a hold too.

Hynes, Galvin, Chan, Piakura

Pre trades this week, 17 green dots

Lussick
    Hopgood Smithies Salmon
    Crichton KPP
    Hynes Brown
    Holmes Strange
    Papy Campbell Kris

Levi Hutchison Boyd Burbo
    (Galvin Piakura Chan Rapana)

Bank: 13k
    Trades: 29(2)

Not interested in holding trades just yet. Not when I still have a marginal 17. If I had even one more green dot I could possibly see merit in it. But for now, I want to get rid of 1 red dot at least, if not 2. Obviously Rapana is one to go. Chan could too, or potentially an upgrade to one of my starters is on the cards. Hynes back for the C so no pressure there. Undecided which cheapie I want, like Chester tbh but is that much more expensive than Iro and Chevy. I think if I had to pick one it would be Iro... but I'm really not sure.

Have a great week fam, best of luck!
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:47 pm

Have gone Rapana to Iro so far.

Boyd out rumours have me pondering a second trade. Can get anyone up to $873k - although spending my Cleary fund isn't ideal, I don't want to sit on too much cash at the expense of a decent amount of points. Especially if he's not back next week as expected.

How many halves are too many? Really considering SJ. But I know that's silly.... right? Should really go a MID... but SJ...
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:46 pm

I think you have to go mid and I’d look AFB on down. There’s Tohu there. I was gonna suggest Nutcher, but the fact that he went off for Shitili last night scared me off that thought. EKatoa? That’s a punt if you think he maintains a mid 50s average. I’m going down the list of mids and edges and nothing is really jumping out at me.

I don’t mind SJ. It may now seem like too many, but you’d be getting rid of at least two over the course of the season? If you’re unsure of which mid or dpp mid/edg fits your team, I’d definitely go SJ, and not worry about Cleary until the end of Origin approaches.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:48 pm