NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

StuDogg101 Team Tracker 2024

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

StuDogg101 Team Tracker 2024 - Page 2 Empty Re: StuDogg101 Team Tracker 2024

Post by StuDogg101 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:12 am

ForanAgainst wrote:I think you have to go mid and I’d look AFB on down. There’s Tohu there. I was gonna suggest Nutcher, but the fact that he went off for Shitili last night scared me off that thought. EKatoa? That’s a punt if you think he maintains a mid 50s average. I’m going down the list of mids and edges and nothing is really jumping out at me.

I don’t mind SJ. It may now seem like too many, but you’d be getting rid of at least two over the course of the season? If you’re unsure of which mid or dpp mid/edg fits your team, I’d definitely go SJ, and not worry about Cleary until the end of Origin approaches.

Thanks for your reply bro. Nah, you're 100% right, not going a MID is silly when I'm still playing Salmon et al in my 17. I probably would have (finally) got May if he hadn't already played, but even then that would've increased my Roosters risk. Katoa interests me, although his average was inflated by the 2 try bonanza last game and he's not a MID. I personally love AFB as a player and have him in both SC and VSDT, but his variable minutes have been annoying. Even normally-80-min-Tohu hasn't had that consistency.

I'm tempted by a JDB/Uto float tbh..

ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:26 am

I’d be slightly more tempted by Uto. I think he’s the one to get 55-60 mins and at his ppm? There’s still a fair amount of value in him. I do think/believe/know this is the last chance to do it. And it’s still quite podish
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:33 am

ForanAgainst wrote:I’d be slightly more tempted by Uto. I think he’s the one to get 55-60 mins and at his ppm? There’s still a fair amount of value in him. I do think/believe/know this is the last chance to do it. And it’s still quite podish

Yeah I saw someone mention him in passing earlier this week (not sure who) and thought oh...maybe...

Relying on the Tigers and all, but I agree I think he floats around 60min and if he can average mid-50s I think I'd be happy with that. Plus if he stinks it up, he's still a shorter jump to Haas going forward
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:09 pm

Went to bed on Sunday with a rank gain and a score I was happy with. Fast forward to lockout ending and some pretty brutal up/downdates for everyone and boom 900 ranks dropped from last week with an 862. Oof.

Lussick 52 - with a try. Anything above his average is a win at this stage. Obviously not a gun, nor a keeper, but I'm glad I didn't bail already.

Hoppy 56 - steady as she goes

Utoikamanu 51 - new recruit, would have taken a 51 going in but feels a bit flat with a try and what he was on at half time.

Salmon 42 - did not have him playing 80 on my bingo card. 42 is great either way.

KPP 66 - great. Not much to add.

Crichton 61 - also great. Also not much to add.

Hynes 106 - underwhelming. At least he hit 50, but was one of the brutal downgrades

DBrown 70 - where was this score last week 🤔 this is more what I expected without Moses

Holmes 44 - another 40+. Stoked.

Iro 40 - new recruit #2. Also stoked. Hope he holds it long term.

Pappy 48 - with a try...and a sin bin. Swings and roundabouts.

Kris 35 - 90 minutes, 35 with no try. Still having to play him every week is annoying but here we are.

Campbell 33 - part of the reason why I have to play Kris for the foreseeable. Gutted that he's injured. Probably a trade.

Bench
    Smithies 61 - back to back 60s. Keep it coming

Strange 50 - a few extra tackle breaks the last couple of weeks has bumped that average. More please.

Burbo 29 - untimely injury. Probably survives in the interim, but not tied to him so will trade if need be

Levi 18 - I'm done

NPR
    Hutch 19 - Looped out for Burbo. Yip, finally more than 17 green dots.

Galvin Chan, Piakura

The loss of Campbell hurts the most since it means I once again have to trade in a specific position to field 17. I'm undecided whether I trade him up to someone, or down to someone. I don't think I will be able to make enough money in trades to get him to Ponga, but maybe someone like CNK. Alternatively, Chester was tempting last week and I ended up going Iro...and now he has DPP I'm even more tempted.

Waddell also tempting, but sounds like he won't have enough games to make the money to make a trade worthwhile. I also need to get rid of Levi so that's a possibility. But I also need to strengthen my hooker position, so trading both of my cover players out in consecutive weeks is probably not a good idea (Boyd didn't really count as cover though since he was dropped).

I don't even know if want/need to use 3 trades this week, but will try a few combos and see what. Welcome back to Galvin and Chan, although Chan probably won't make the 17.

Team pre-trades

Lussick
    Hoppy Uto Salmon
    KPP Angus
    Hynes Brown
    Holmes Iro
    Pappy Kris x

Galvin Strange Smithies Hutch
    Levi Chan (Piakura Campbell Burbo)

Rank 8173
    Bank $193k
    Trades 27(3)

As always thanks for reading and good luck for this week!
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:11 am

Have locked in Hutch to Chester.

Am keen on Campbell to Ponga but 14k short. Think I need him over someone like CNK, who would be my second choice.

Levi or Kris to Mariota is tempting me. Jye Gray was also suggested to me as I can cover the bye, but not sure on that one either.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:10 am

Bailed out by Hynes this week. No two ways about it. NPRs scoring more than my starting 17, underperforming guns, injuries
    ..wasn't a great week overall. But Hynes got me up to a respectable 786 and a modest rank gain too.

Recap
    Lussick 28 - Levi score but costs more. I don't think I can persist any longer, especially with Hands on the bench.

Uto 44 - 44 at 1ppm. I hope the minutes are an exception rather than a norm.

Hoppy 43 - probably/hopefully his floor. Eels are just so bad without Moses.

Salmon 40 - we still take those. Bye this week.

KPP 56 - one of the highlights of the week. Anything over 55 is a bonus tbh.

Angus 46 - long may the 80 minutes continue. Would be hoping this is his floor if so.

Hynes 178 - expected a 60, nearly got 90. If only it worked like that every week.

DBrown 48 - bailed out by a try. Eels just aren't clicking without Moses and he isn't hitting the 60s I wanted. One click away from becoming Cleary.

Iro 37 - I'll take this every week. Mayyyyybe expected more in such a dominant team performance, but no complaints really.

Holmes 36 - scored all his team's points in a terrible game for the Cowboys. Bailed out by the try, sure. But with that scoreline I'm just glad he got more than 30.

Chester 35 - new recruit hitting 35, win. Turns out it was my highest WFB score for the week which is more depressing than amazing lol.

Pappy 31 - holding for now but will probably upgrade and not look back. Just isn't hitting his straps. Knowing he has the big scores in him are what makes it the most frustrating.

Ponga 22 - injured and out for ages. Debated bringing him in for so long too and although it wasn't a head knock, it's still more time off for him.

Bench
    Mariota 40 - random last minute new recruit. Very happy with 40.

Smithies 33 - lowest score and lowest minutes of the season. Will hold in the interim but not happy with that situation.

Strange 35 - third Raider on the bench. Not really the game to own so many but can't help that. 35 is good for how the team as a whole performed tbh.

Galvin 35 - comeback game, just glad he played 80 and no indiscretions.

NPR
    Kris 40 - outscored my whole back 5. Reinforces my decision to keep for his handy DPP

Chan 30 - comeback game. Glad I didn't have to play him.

Levi 30 - one of him or Lussick need to go, and with so many Raiders I think it has to be him

(Piakura)

So the plan for this week is to trade Ponga up as high as I can and trade Levi or someone down to finance it. Not sure if I just grab Cleary straight back and smash my team dynamics, or if I plump for Haas or another WFB. Kris makes me wish I had just kept playing him cuz he's not done too bad for a nuff.  Other than that, I'm not sure where to go really.. maybe I should get someone like Blore instead but he's so expensive now too. Food for thought anyway.

Team pre trades
    Lussick
    Hoppy Uto Mariota
    Angus KPP
    Hynes DBrown
    Holmes Iro
    Chester Pappy Kris

Galvin Smithies Strange Piakura
    Chan Levi (Ponga Salmon)

Bank $7k
    Rank 6180
    Trades 24 (3)

Hope you guys have a good round! Thanks for reading.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Today at 3:21 am

Absolute banger of a week thanks to Mr Hynes. What was looking like a par-ish 900 and no change in rank from last week, turned into a 968 and approximately 2k of rank improvement. Considering some of the scores in that, I definitely felt bailed out by Hynes. Trades were Ponga to Walsh, and a last minute Levi to Atkinson. Both of which I'm happy with, although dropping Levi forces my hand this round (which I knew).

Recap
    Lussick 27 - man he's just not good. But neither is anyone else so I feel like any trade is sideways/wasted... but this week maybe force my hand as mentioned.

Hoppy 59 - steady

Uto 44 - average result. Will upgrade at some point, was hoping for another big game in the interim so we shall see.

Smithies 39 - as above. Have ended up with 2 middy MIDs and I don't know to feel about it really. Hold for now.

Crichton 86 - boom here we go. If he's back to high minutes permanently, then praise be. Looked great in a non fantasy capacity also

KPP 30 - rare low score. Will keep an eye on but not in any danger yet.

Hynes 248 - *insert waxing lyrical adjectives*

DBrown 57 - solo playmaker with Gutho out now too. Will see what actually happens after the bye. Happy with 57.

Iro 53 - the real deal? Holds his spot. 53 in a drubbing. Zero complaints.

Holmes 47 - my centres combined for the magic 100. Very happy.

Walsh 64 - new recruit hit the ground running. Harder match this week but hopefully he continues the hot streak

Pappy 57 - hot and cold this season. Worth keeping for the good weeks and the season average.

Chester 17 - first semi-dud trade for a few rounds. Unfortunate to be injured but definitely a team low point for the week.

Bench
    Galvin 55 - keep going boy

Piakura 36 - first game back, didn't expect much so 36 is fine

Strange 14 - another low point. Raiders were smoked but still, 14? Oof

Chan 35 - lopped in when he updated. And fortunately I did as he outscored my NPRs

NPR
    Mariota 25 - another Raider getting smoked

Atkinson 31 - last minute trade in. Happy with 31!

Kris 13 - Raider

Salmon - Bye

So trades for this week. I obviously need to trade in a hooker, and I will probably go Brailey. Am I filled with confidence? No. But he'll hold the fort in the interim at least and hopefully more consistently than Lussick. Whether I keep Lussick and trade someone else to Brailey is the sticking point. I still have a tonne of Raiders so makes sense to flick a couple. I can field 17 without a second trade, but that means playing or looping everyone available. I'm fine to play Atkinson at the back for a fame since he'd probably be a loop at worst anyway. With him covering the back and Strange covering centre, I feel like Kris may now be superfluous to requirements. Reverse argument could be made that with Galvin covering half then Strange could be superfluous, so really it comes down to what positions I want/need to cover.

A second trade in is therefore up in the air. Plath is tempting, as my MIDs definitely need strengthening - they look particularlyweak this week without Hoppy playing. Garrick is also tempting though, and has been discussed at length in the main forum.

Team pre-trades

No HOK
    Uto Mariota Smithies
    Crichton KPP
    Hynes Galvin
    Holmes Iro
    Walsh Pappy Atkinson

Strange Piakura Salmon Chan
    Kris (Brown Hopgood Chester)

Bank $295k
    Rank 4122
    Trades 22(3)

Thanks for reading, good luck for this round 🔥
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Today at 4:45 am

So Chester -> Brailey in one trade, or Chester + Lussick -> Brailey and Plath in two? I'd be tempted (as always) by the extra trade.

As you point out, four Raiders makes next week a bit precarious though. So you could also consider punting Kris or Strange (I'm giving Strange at least one more week before making any move).
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Today at 6:58 am

Jele wrote:So Chester -> Brailey in one trade, or Chester + Lussick -> Brailey and Plath in two?  I'd be tempted (as always) by the extra trade.

As you point out, four Raiders makes next week a bit precarious though. So you could also consider punting Kris or Strange (I'm giving Strange at least one more week before making any move).

Yeah that's pretty much bang on with my thoughts bro. Probably going to punt Kris after thinking about it, but will play around with the funds and see. Strange definitely has more potential so definitely worth holding a week, I agree.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Today at 9:11 am

StuDogg101 wrote:

Yeah that's pretty much bang on with my thoughts bro. Probably going to punt Kris after thinking about it, but will play around with the funds and see. Strange definitely has more potential so definitely worth holding a week, I agree.

Kris & Chester > Plath & Brailey leaves you 0k in the bank which I think is a sign...

Keep Lussick another week, use him to loop this week and you may be able to hold him another week during Raiders bye if there is a Handless bench?
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Today at 10:41 am

Ando wrote:

Kris & Chester > Plath & Brailey leaves you 0k in the bank which I think is a sign...

Keep Lussick another week, use him to loop this week and you may be able to hold him another week during Raiders bye if there is a Handless bench?

What a legend doing the maths for me 😂 I think that is a sign, you're not wrong. And it's two upgrades instead of an upgrade and a possible sideways trade, plus I keep hooker cover
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Today at 11:52 am

StuDogg101 wrote:

What a legend doing the maths for me 😂 I think that is a sign, you're not wrong. And it's two upgrades instead of an upgrade and a possible sideways trade, plus I keep hooker cover

Yeah really like those moves mate. Lock it in!
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Today at 11:14 pm

Ando is the fantasy whisperer Laughing

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:25 pm