NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

    BCT05
    BCT05

    Posts : 5071
    Reputation : 2192
    Join date : 2020-03-19

    NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

    Post by BCT05 Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:19 pm

    mrbrownstone wrote:Perhaps a silly question, but is there a way I can loop Dan Russell & iPap (via Lem) as well as looping Robson & Graham (via Haas). The fact I have 4 edges (DiFi, Bateman, iPap, Russell) is throwing me.

    Grant
    Haas MoFo Tohu
    DiFi Bateman
    Cleary DCE
    Penis Pompey
    DEdwards Teddy Ponga

    SJ Hynes iPap Haas

    Robson Russell Graham Lem

    Currently just got it set up to loop Robson and Russell and leave Graham out.

    You couldn't loop Russell and iPap using Lem anyway mate as iPap plays against Dolphins and Russell plays afterwards. Regardless yeah I believe too many edges to use Lem in any way other than a 17th man loop (where you're better off using Haas anyway) as you'd always have one edge between 14-16 that would always sub in if you put Lem as starting edge.

    Think how you have it is the best way to go.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 25008
    Reputation : 17462
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

    Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:21 pm

    mrbrownstone wrote:Perhaps a silly question, but is there a way I can loop Dan Russell & iPap (via Lem) as well as looping Robson & Graham (via Haas). The fact I have 4 edges (DiFi, Bateman, iPap, Russell) is throwing me.

    Grant
    Haas MoFo Tohu
    DiFi Bateman
    Cleary DCE
    Penis Pompey
    DEdwards Teddy Ponga

    SJ Hynes iPap Haas

    Robson Russell Graham Lem

    Currently just got it set up to loop Robson and Russell and leave Graham out.

    You have Haas twice there. Is one of them Klese? If not, who is the extra player
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

    Posts : 5318
    Reputation : 2480
    Join date : 2019-09-13

    NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

    Post by mrbrownstone Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:41 pm

    Milchcow wrote:

    You have Haas twice there. Is one of them Klese? If not, who is the extra player

    Oops, no meant to be Murray in the starting side.

    I hadn't clocked that Lem and iPap/Bateman play in the same game anyway as the above post points out, so renders the rest of it moot I think. Cheers all!
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12331
    Reputation : 8813
    Join date : 2019-07-08
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

    Post by robelgordo Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:50 pm

    mrbrownstone wrote:

    Oops, no meant to be Murray in the starting side.

    I hadn't clocked that Lem and iPap/Bateman play in the same game anyway as the above post points out, so renders the rest of it moot I think. Cheers all!

    Yeah it's tricky on eyeballing, I think you need one less EDG or maybe a MID/EDG DPP player to have any chance of making it work.

    You can double loop with say Robson, iPap and Russell having the two red dots at 16/17. Leaves Graham at 21
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

    Posts : 5318
    Reputation : 2480
    Join date : 2019-09-13

    NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

    Post by mrbrownstone Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:57 pm

    robelgordo wrote:

    Yeah it's tricky on eyeballing, I think you need one less EDG or maybe a MID/EDG DPP player to have any chance of making it work.

    You can double loop with say Robson, iPap and Russell having the two red dots at 16/17. Leaves Graham at 21

    Thanks mate, might do exactly that.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 25008
    Reputation : 17462
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

    Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:59 pm


    bump
    Honeysett
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 8568
    Reputation : 5963
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

    Post by Honeysett Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:09 pm

    Do bye players lock out at the start of the round or the end?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 25008
    Reputation : 17462
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

    Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:34 pm


    Bye players lock out at the end
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.
    Posts : 10392
    Reputation : 7100
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

    Post by No Worries Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:10 pm

    I'm loopimg Pikachu Lol Excited Dance Rolling Laugh Laugh 3
    Well technically I'm not looping he was 18
    Sucks to be me
    Khany
    Khany

    Posts : 6147
    Reputation : 2183
    Join date : 2019-02-24

    NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

    Post by Khany Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:14 pm

    .
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 4333
    Reputation : 1846
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

    Post by StuDogg101 Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:23 pm

    If I do Cotric to Galvin can someone check my workings on the double loop please?

    Levi
    Haas Hoppy Tups
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary (Boyd)
    Val Burbo
    Kris Pappy Rapana

    Smithies Luki Salmon (Kini)

    Strange Galvin Hutch Chan

    Galvin and Strange are playing in the same game which is kind of inconvenient. But if I like both their scores then I keep as-is and get both.

    If I like neither, I swap Hutch and Boyd, and Chan and Kini.

    If I like Strange I switch Hutch in for Boyd.

    Not sure I can get just Galvin based on this setup, so would have to pick between him and Strange before they play and would probably have to pick Strange over the unknown quantity.
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.
    Posts : 10392
    Reputation : 7100
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

    Post by No Worries Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:41 pm

    Not sold on Pikachu, he's my loop again this week. Swerved me well having him at 18 last week
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster
    Moderator

    Posts : 1197
    Reputation : 2471
    Join date : 2018-02-12

    NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

    Post by Cookie Monster Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:16 am

    StuDogg101 wrote:If I do Cotric to Galvin can someone check my workings on the double loop please?

    Levi
    Haas Hoppy Tups
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary (Boyd)
    Val Burbo
    Kris Pappy Rapana

    Smithies Luki Salmon (Kini)

    Strange Galvin Hutch Chan

    Galvin and Strange are playing in the same game which is kind of inconvenient. But if I like both their scores then I keep as-is and get both.

    If I like neither, I swap Hutch and Boyd, and Chan and Kini.

    If I like Strange I switch Hutch in for Boyd.

    Not sure I can get just Galvin based on this setup, so would have to pick between him and Strange before they play and would probably have to pick Strange over the unknown quantity.


    Sorry Stu, but that won't work as Hutchison locks out before the Raiders/Tigers match


    This loop will let you look at the scores of Salmon and Hutch, but I'm not sure that it's worth it, considering the quality of players that you would have to include in your 17


    Levi
    Haas Hoppy Tups
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary (Boyd)
    Val Burbo
    Kris Pappy Rapana

    Smithies Luki Chan (Kini)

    Salmon Hutch Strange Galvin


    If Salmon and Hutch are good, you don't have to do anything

    If they're both terrible: swap Strange with Kini and Galvin with Boyd

    If Salmon is good and Hutch shit: swap Galvin or Strange with Boyd

    If Hutch is good and Salmon shit: swap Strange with Burbo and then Burbo with Kini


    Like I said above; this is a pretty crappy loop
    Good luck if you decide to go ahead with it


    Cheers



    PS @Khany That will make no sense when you change your avatar Wink
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 4333
    Reputation : 1846
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

    Post by StuDogg101 Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:01 am

    Cookie Monster wrote:


    Sorry Stu, but that won't work as Hutchison locks out before the Raiders/Tigers match


    This loop will let you look at the scores of Salmon and Hutch, but I'm not sure that it's worth it, considering the quality of players that you would have to include in your 17


    Levi
    Haas Hoppy Tups
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary (Boyd)
    Val Burbo
    Kris Pappy Rapana

    Smithies Luki Chan (Kini)

    Salmon Hutch Strange Galvin


    If Salmon and Hutch are good, you don't have to do anything

    If they're both terrible: swap Strange with Kini and Galvin with Boyd

    If Salmon is good and Hutch shit: swap Galvin or Strange with Boyd

    If Hutch is good and Salmon shit: swap Strange with Burbo and then Burbo with Kini


    Like I said above; this is a pretty crappy loop
    Good luck if you decide to go ahead with it


    Cheers



    PS @Khany That will make no sense when you change your avatar Wink

    Ahh good spot, thank you! I probably won't bother with that loop for the reasons you specified but yeah thanks for catching that obvious error
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.
    Posts : 10392
    Reputation : 7100
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

    Post by No Worries Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:18 pm

    2 loop or not to loop that is the question

    R - Hughes
    R - Hutchinson
    R - Levi
    R - Salmon

    E - Piakura 40
    Kini
    Fainu
    Fafita
    EJ24
    EJ24

    Posts : 388
    Reputation : 151
    Join date : 2019-03-28

    NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

    Post by EJ24 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:32 pm

    Haas loops?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 25008
    Reputation : 17462
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

    Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:05 pm

    EJ24 wrote:Haas loops?

    You can do something like this

    start Haas then

    14, 15, 16 - anyone that isn't a MID

    17. Hopgood
    18. Levi
    19. Galvin
    20. Hughes (or some other fringe MID)


    As it is Hopgood fills in for Haas and Levi moves up for Hopgood

    If Levi is terrible you can swap Hopgood and Galvin.
    Then Galvin scores as part of your 17, and Hopgood still comes in for Haas


    Or you can swap Hopgood in as starting edge, for someone who doesn't have MID DPP like Joe Chan. Then Hughes will be your scorer and you'll ignore both Levi and Galvin


    You can use different players. The last part only works if the loop guy has DPP (if you don't have Hopgood you can use Salmon just as easily, although he locks out earlier)
    If you have the right combination of players that lock out at the right time, you can get some good looping decisions.







    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 25008
    Reputation : 17462
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

    Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:08 pm


    My loop for this week

    Seb Kris is starting CTR

    17. Burbo
    18. Galvin
    19. Suli

    As is I'll get Burbo + Galvin

    But after both Galvin and Suli have played, I can switch to Suli's score by swapping Burbo + Joe Chan

    One of those nice no-risk loops. I am guaranteed the best score out of Suli/Galvin because they both play before Burbo/Chan lock out

    If my score sucks its because of all my other players
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

    Posts : 2298
    Reputation : 1386
    Join date : 2021-02-27
    Age : 31
    Location : Christchurch

    NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

    Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:12 pm

    Gosh I've got 2 red dots and have no idea how, or if I can even look.

    As ever, greatly appreciate any input from the fantasy minds miles above mine.

    Cheese
    TMay - Haas - Cotter
    Sitili - Piakura
    Cleary - Fog
    Burbo - Strange
    Papy - Raps - Teddy

    Salmon - Smithies - Galvin - Hutch
    Kris - Kini - Shoes - Chan

    Would love to find a way to be able to pick and choose the better 2 from galvin, hutch, shoes and chan, or even 3 if there is a way Smile
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 25008
    Reputation : 17462
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

    Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:24 pm


    Salmon/Hutch/Shoes/Kini all in the same game, and a few other key players lock out early so I can't see any obvious double loops
    Quick look suggests something like this will work.

    Cheese
    TMay - Haas - Cotter
    Sitili - Smithies
    Cleary - Fog
    Kris - Strange
    Papy - Raps - Teddy

    Salmon - Piakura - Galvin - Hutch
    Chan - Shoes - Burbo - Kini


    at the moment Shoes and Kini don't score

    If Hughes does well you can swap Burbo and Chan to get Hughes instead of Chan

      Current date/time is Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:07 pm