NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

Post by Milchcow Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:43 pm

To do tricky looping you'd need a non-playing EDG so you could flick Matterson around as required to get your favourite score

As it is I think having a free look at Tapine or JDB is your best bet, and move Matterson in ahead if they don't go well.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:52 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    To do tricky looping you'd need a non-playing EDG so you could flick Matterson around as required to get your favourite score

As it is I think having a free look at Tapine or JDB is your best bet, and move Matterson in ahead if they don't go well.

Thanks Milch. That's what I thought too. Not having the non playing edge really is the kicker here.

Can't even loop Boyd, Hands and SJ either lol.

Appreciate the confirmation. Maybe looking at JDB over Tapine a better play but much of a muchness.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:40 am

Afternoon folks

Just making sure I've got this looping thing correct - For me to get Blore score instead of Preston, I can put Fifita in where Preston is, and then Preston will go down to the EMG #7 player, or have I got this wrong?

Thanks!

NRL Fantasy Loophole Loopy10
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:07 am

Looks good to me Finchy
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:18 pm

For the masters of the looping dark arts, do you mind running your eye over this

Not trying to get greedy just hopefully miss a single digit or injury score.

1) Bula plays first, get a look at his score (If he scores bad swap lemuelu and Skelton red dot)
    2) Penisini plays second so get a look at his score too (If he scores poor swap TBoyd and Johnson red dot)
    3) If Bula scores well then I simply play Lemuelu at ctr and make 17th and 18th spots both red dots

Worst case I was probably playing Penisini/Lemuelu anyways so happy with 40 each to be honest

Grant
    Horse Butcher Hopgood
    Bateman Ipap
    Cleary Hynes
    Garrick Skelton
    Drinkwater Teddy Ponga

JDB
    DFifita
    Matterson
    Johnson

Penisini
    Bula
    TBoyd
    Lemuelu

Round 22 team:
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:18 pm

Looks pretty good.

Off the top of my head, probably can’t get more combos but cookie monster is the loop master
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:49 pm

Boozecluez wrote:For the masters of the looping dark arts, do you mind running your eye over this

Not trying to get greedy just hopefully miss a single digit or injury score.

1) Bula plays first, get a look at his score (If he scores bad swap lemuelu and Skelton red dot)
    2) Penisini plays second so get a look at his score too (If he scores poor swap TBoyd and Johnson red dot)
    3) If Bula scores well then I simply play Lemuelu at ctr and make 17th and 18th spots both red dots

Worst case I was probably playing Penisini/Lemuelu anyways so happy with 40 each to be honest

Grant
    Horse Butcher Hopgood
    Bateman Ipap
    Cleary Hynes
    Garrick Skelton
    Drinkwater Teddy Ponga

JDB
    DFifita
    Matterson
    Johnson

Penisini
    Bula
    TBoyd
    Lemuelu

You could set it as follows so that you can see Bula and Penis both play and then choose which of their scores to take or omit

Grant
    Horse Butcher Hopgood
    Bateman DFifita
    Cleary Hynes
    Garrick Skelton
    Drinkwater Teddy Ponga

JDB
    Ipap
    Matterson
    Johnson

Bula
    Penisini
    Lemuelu
    TBoyd

If Bula and Penis are both good you don't have to do anything and you will get both their scores and miss out on Lemu and Boyd

If they are both terrible, swap Lemu with Skelton and SJ with Boyd. You'll miss out on Bula and Penis in this case

If Bula is good and Penis is bad (bad penis), swap Lemuelu with Skelton. You'll miss out on Penis and Boyd

If Penis is good and Bula is bad, swap Lemuelu with Johnson and then swap Lemuelu into the starting team in place of Fifita. You'll miss out on Bula and Boyd in this instance

Good luck with this if you decide to go ahead with it

PS  Don't C or VC Fifita if you want to use this loop
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:52 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:

You could set it as follows so that you can see Bula and Penis both play and then choose which of their scores to take or omit

Grant
    Horse Butcher Hopgood
    Bateman DFifita
    Cleary Hynes
    Garrick Skelton
    Drinkwater Teddy Ponga

JDB
    Ipap
    Matterson
    Johnson

Bula
    Penisini
    Lemuelu
    TBoyd

If Bula and Penis are both good you don't have to do anything and you will get both their scores and miss out on Lemu and Boyd

If they are both terrible, swap Lemu with Skelton and SJ with Boyd. You'll miss out on Bula and Penis in this case

If Bula is good and Penis is bad (bad penis), swap Lemuelu with Skelton. You'll miss out on Penis and Boyd

If Penis is good and Bula is bad, swap Lemuelu with Johnson and then swap Lemuelu into the starting team in place of Fifita. You'll miss out on Bula and Boyd in this instance

Good luck with this if you decide to go ahead with it

PS  Don't C or VC Fifita if you want to use this loop

Awesome I like this, a better version of what I was trying to achieve
    Thanks again you monster, appreciate it
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:18 pm

NRL Fantasy Loophole Screen10

Can anyone give me some advice as to the way i can set up this loop. Want to attempt to get the best scores I can from 2 of Hands, Averillo and Kris.

Edit: Thinking about it more - I believe I need to swap McGrady up to CTR for Manu, allowing me to swap Averillo for him if I don't like Kris' score, and this plus Kris with Tohu if I don't like Hands' score.

Would this be correct?
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:01 am

Obbeats wrote:
    Can anyone give me some advice as to the way i can set up this loop. Want to attempt to get the best scores I can from 2 of Hands, Averillo and Kris.

Edit: Thinking about it more - I believe I need to swap McGrady up to CTR for Manu, allowing me to swap Averillo for him if I don't like Kris' score, and this plus Kris with Tohu if I don't like Hands' score.

Would this be correct?

What you describe here won't work as Hands and Kris play in the same match and lock-out at the same time

The following should allow you to do what you're after (I assume you haven't made any trades this week):

Grant
    Cotter JDB Murray
    Lemuelu Papali'i
    Cleary Hynes
    Timoko McGrady
    Bula Ponga Manu

DCE
    Brimson
    Hopgood
    Harris
    Hands
    Kris
    Averillo
    Piakura

Watch Hands and Kris play. After you see their scores you should know whether you want both of their scores, or Hands and Averillo's scores, or Kris's and Averillo's scores

If Hands and Kris are both very good you don't have to do anything. At the end of the round Hands will sub in for Harris, Kris will sub in for McGrady, and you will avoid Averillo's score

If Hands and Kris don't score so well you will have two options:

1. If Hands scores more than Kris, swap Averillo with McGrady. At the end of the round Hands will sub in for Harris

2. If Hands scores less than Kris, swap Averillo with Ponga and then Ponga with Harris. Your bench should look like that shown below after you have done those swaps

DCE
    Brimson
    Hopgood
    Ponga
    Hands
    Kris
    Harris
    Piakura

At the end of the round Kris will sub in for McGrady

As part of this loop, do not C or VC Ponga

Good luck with it
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:16 am

Cookie Monster wrote:

What you describe here won't work as Hands and Kris play in the same match and lock-out at the same time

The following should allow you to do what you're after (I assume you haven't made any trades this week):

Grant
    Cotter JDB Murray
    Lemuelu Papali'i
    Cleary Hynes
    Timoko McGrady
    Bula Ponga Manu

DCE
    Brimson
    Hopgood
    Harris
    Hands
    Kris
    Averillo
    Piakura

Watch Hands and Kris play. After you see their scores you should know whether you want both of their scores, or Hands and Averillo's scores, or Kris's and Averillo's scores

If Hands and Kris are both very good you don't have to do anything. At the end of the round Hands will sub in for Harris, Kris will sub in for McGrady, and you will avoid Averillo's score

If Hands and Kris don't score so well you will have two options:

1. If Hands scores more than Kris, swap Averillo with McGrady. At the end of the round Hands will sub in for Harris

2. If Hands scores less than Kris, swap Averillo with Ponga and then Ponga with Harris. Your bench should look like that shown below after you have done those swaps

DCE
    Brimson
    Hopgood
    Ponga
    Hands
    Kris
    Harris
    Piakura

At the end of the round Kris will sub in for McGrady

As part of this loop, do not C or VC Ponga

Good luck with it

Thanks for the advice, Cookie!

You mention that Hands and Kris play in the same game, but aren't Parra playing Storm on Friday evening and Raiders playing Knight Saturday arvo?
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:25 pm

Obbeats wrote:

Thanks for the advice, Cookie!

You mention that Hands and Kris play in the same game, but aren't Parra playing Storm on Friday evening and Raiders playing Knight Saturday arvo?

Yeah, you're absolutely correct. I'm going to blame this on my terrible eyesight. That little Storm logo was looking a lot like the Raiders logo at the top of the Fantasy page last night. I think I will have to start using the PDF draw that I downloaded from now on

The loop that I gave above will still work if you swap Brimson and Ponga around in that initial team, and then treat every mention of Ponga as Brimson instead

Sorry about that

Cheers
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:18 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:

Yeah, you're absolutely correct. I'm going to blame this on my terrible eyesight. That little Storm logo was looking a lot like the Raiders logo at the top of the Fantasy page last night. I think I will have to start using the PDF draw that I downloaded from now on

The loop that I gave above will still work if you swap Brimson and Ponga around in that initial team, and then treat every mention of Ponga as Brimson instead

Sorry about that

Cheers

Awesome. That's exactly what I have done!
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:56 pm

Hey team got the following loop I want to run by you (sorry for blurry image my screenshots always do this)

NRL Fantasy Loophole Loop_q11

I'm thinking tonight Teddy and BS9 play, Robson Saturday before Graham Saturday. Before Robson's 3pm game, we will have the 24hr cutoff where I'm hoping Hands has been cut from the Eels squad.

Scenario 1. Teddy and BS9 both do really well. I can swap Hands and Robson, BS9 will autofill for hooker, and Teddy will autofill for Hands.
    Scenario 2. Teddy does really well, BS9 does not. I leave it as is, Robson autofills for Graham, Teddy for Robson.
    Scenario 3. BS9 does really well, Teddy does not. I swap Kris and Robson meaning BS9 autofills for Graham, and I get Kris' score.
    Scenario 4. Teddy and BS9 both do poorly. I can swap Robson and Graham, and then swap Graham with Kris.

Seems to good to be true. Am I missing something?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:06 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Hey team got the following loop I want to run by you (sorry for blurry image my screenshots always do this)

NRL Fantasy Loophole Loop_q11

I'm thinking tonight Teddy and BS9 play, Robson Saturday before Graham Saturday. Before Robson's 3pm game, we will have the 24hr cutoff where I'm hoping Hands has been cut from the Eels squad.

Scenario 1. Teddy and BS9 both do really well. I can swap Hands and Robson, BS9 will autofill for hooker, and Teddy will autofill for Hands.
    Scenario 2. Teddy does really well, BS9 does not. I leave it as is, Robson autofills for Graham, Teddy for Robson.
    Scenario 3. BS9 does really well, Teddy does not. I swap Kris and Robson meaning BS9 autofills for Graham, and I get Kris' score.
    Scenario 4. Teddy and BS9 both do poorly. I can swap Robson and Graham, and then swap Graham with Kris.

Seems to good to be true. Am I missing something?

That all works

Good chance Hands isn't cut at 24hrs, so you might have take a chance if you're at scenario 1
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:09 pm

robelgordo wrote:That all works

Good chance Hands isn't cut at 24hrs, so you might have take a chance if you're at scenario 1
    Thanks Rob. Yeah I guess "how well" BS9 does will be the question. 80+? I'll take the risk. 55? That'll be tough as Robson 'could' punch that out.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:02 am

Grant
    Horse - Murray - Yeo
    Fifi - Batman
    Chin - Nico
    Garrick - Manu
    Ponga - Drink - Teddy
    SJ - iPap - Matto - Haas
    Graham - Bula - Hands - Avo
    Hi lads,

Been burned with poor looping decisions the last few weeks so hoping for the help of the looping kings and queens

I'd love to be able to loop Bula / Graham here but they play in the same game. Is there any way I can achieve anything? Think it's a dead end but had to try Sad
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:59 am

Welsh Mafia wrote:Grant
    Horse - Murray - Yeo
    Fifi - Batman
    Chin - Nico
    Garrick - Manu
    Ponga - Drink - Teddy
    SJ - iPap - Matto - Haas
    Graham - Bula - Hands - Avo
    Hi lads,

Been burned with poor looping decisions the last few weeks so hoping for the help of the looping kings and queens

I'd love to be able to loop Bula / Graham here but they play in the same game. Is there any way I can achieve anything? Think it's a dead end but had to try Sad

Nah not possible to loop them if they play the same game. You'll just need to choose one of them to be at #18 and then you can use Avo as a loop in option by swapping with Haas if whoever you choose really shits the bed.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:28 am

BCT05 wrote:

Nah not possible to loop them if they play the same game. You'll just need to choose one of them to be at #18 and then you can use Avo as a loop in option by swapping with Haas if whoever you choose really shits the bed.

Thought so Sad

No way Avo going near my 17 again after the last 2 week failed loops haha
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:56 pm

Perhaps a silly question, but is there a way I can loop Dan Russell & iPap (via Lem) as well as looping Robson & Graham (via Haas). The fact I have 4 edges (DiFi, Bateman, iPap, Russell) is throwing me.

Grant
    Haas MoFo Tohu
    DiFi Bateman
    Cleary DCE
    Penis Pompey
    DEdwards Teddy Ponga

SJ Hynes iPap Haas

Robson Russell Graham Lem

Currently just got it set up to loop Robson and Russell and leave Graham out.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:40 pm