NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Fri May 17, 2024 5:12 pm

Hey legends

I’m a basic bitch looper but can someone help me learn more of the dark arts setting my team up this week?

Grant
    Fainu matterson smithies
    KPP Angus
    Nicho brown
    Iro Kiraz
    Teddy weekes koula

Brailey Galvin cheese taylan May Armstrong piakura with Chester and Campbell as my red dots

Thanks guys!
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat May 25, 2024 1:40 pm

NRL Fantasy Loophole Loopy11

Hey folks. How do I get Talau score/is it possible? Just leave Armstrong as 17th man or is there more to it than that?

Thanks
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Sat May 25, 2024 2:40 pm

Finch wrote:NRL Fantasy Loophole Loopy11

Hey folks. How do I get Talau score/is it possible? Just leave Armstrong as 17th man or is there more to it than that?

Thanks

Yes you get next player in EMG for Armstrong. That's Talau

If you're in H2H and click to view match ups should see his score already added
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat May 25, 2024 2:55 pm

Loomer wrote:

Yes you get next player in EMG for Armstrong. That's Talau

If you're in H2H and click to view match ups should see his score already added

Cheers mate
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Tue May 28, 2024 2:56 pm

Did we ever work out if there's an order to which EMG get picked? Wondering if I can double loop Strange in both CTR and HLF as follows:

Brailey
    Sorensen May Hughes
    Preston KPP
    Weekes Galvin
    Kiraz Koula
    Teddy Drinkwater Armstrong

Hynes Waddell Iro Wishart
    Atkinson Strange Angus Yeo

If Iro goes well and Atkinson bad or Iro bad and Atkinson well, and I switch Strange for Waddell, will Strange get picked as a HLF or a CTR?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue May 28, 2024 3:45 pm

Jele wrote:Did we ever work out if there's an order to which EMG get picked? Wondering if I can double loop Strange in both CTR and HLF as follows:

Brailey
    Sorensen May Hughes
    Preston KPP
    Weekes Galvin
    Kiraz Koula

If Iro goes well and Atkinson bad or Iro bad and Atkinson well, and I switch Strange for Waddell, will Strange get picked as a HLF or a CTR?

I don't have conclusive proof, but the limited testing I did suggested that if your bench order was Strange, Iro, Atkinson then Strange would play HLF with Iro CTR. if the order was Strange, Atkinson, Iro then Strange would play CTR with Atkinson HLF

I am not at all confident in this though.
    Didn't do a lot of testing and results could have been explained by other factors. So I'd be careful about relying on a certain order of susbtitution.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Tue May 28, 2024 3:57 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I don't have conclusive proof, but the limited testing I did suggested that if your bench order was Strange, Iro, Atkinson then Strange would play HLF with Iro CTR. if the order was Strange, Atkinson, Iro then Strange would play CTR with Atkinson HLF

I am not at all confident in this though.
    Didn't do a lot of testing and results could have been explained by other factors. So I'd be careful about relying on a certain order of susbtitution.

Cheers, in which case it might not be possible to engineer with the two Sharks locking out at the same time (because I'd have to pick one of Iro or Atkinson ahead of the other on my bench).
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed May 29, 2024 11:06 am

Guys I've got a round 13 doozey, please bear with me:

NRL Fantasy Loophole Elabor14

Okay so in the backs (they play first):

• If all 3 of Atkinson, Iro, and Talagi do well I swap Strange and Galvin and leave out Strange.
    • If Atkinson and Iro do well, but Talagi doesn't, I swap Garrick and Kiraz and leave it as is.
    • If Iro and Talagi do well, but Atkinson doesn't, I leave it as it is.
    • If Atkinson and Talagi do well, but Iro doesn't, I decide how bad Iro's score really is:

- If it's not "that" bad, I'll just take all 3 (as most will play Iro regardless).
              - If it's really bad, I'll swap Strange and Galvin, Strange and Garrick, and Kiraz and Koula, only getting Atkinson's score.
    • If Atkinson is the only one who does well, I'll do the above (Strange/Galvin > Strange/Garrick > Kiraz/Koula). Atkinson into WFB and Plath down from MID into HLF.
    • If all 3 of them shit the bed, I'll use the same loops as above and do my best to get the best of the shit. Probably also do Strange into the centres, and Plath down from MID into HLF.

Which segues nicely into the forwards:

• If I need to, I'll move Plath into HLF, take Strange's score at CTR, and play both Shoes and DeBelin. If I don't, I'll loop Shoes.
    • If Shoes does well, I'll move Plath into HLF, DeBelin into Plath's spot, and leave out Strange (or play at CTR re above).
    • If Shoes does shoes things, I'll swap DeBelin and Koro on the INT, getting DeBelin as the AE for Hopgood.

Can anyone see any oversights I've made with this elaborate game? No doubt they'll all do shit and I'll be choosing from a poor bunch, but worth keeping in mind? I need all the points I can get Lol
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed May 29, 2024 11:17 am

Kudos, that's awesomely complex and seems like it'll work! The only thing is what scores are gonna trigger the changes, like under 30?

No Sam Walker (C)? Friz may spell KPP
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed May 29, 2024 11:18 am

L-Jimmy wrote:Kudos, that's awesomely complex and seems like it'll work! The only thing is what scores are gonna trigger the changes, like under 30?

No Sam Walker (C)? Friz may spell KPP
    Yeah definitely not locked into my captain. Will strongly consider Walker, just want to hear some news about his knee first. If he's 100% and it was just a bruise or something, I'll probably C him for the upside. Otherwise it'll be Ming or KPP. Figure Friz hasn't spelled KPP yet, but rather has played through the middle. Reckon AOB doesn't want him on the edge and would rather they play 80 so he can spell the Safiti + Thompson enough to keep them fresh.

Yeah it'll probably be a vibe thing. For some it'll be 40+ (like Shoes) for others it'll be a 30-35 most likely. I'll see how others are tracking and determine if I need to take a risk or not.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Wed May 29, 2024 1:10 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Guys I've got a round 13 doozey, please bear with me:

NRL Fantasy Loophole Elabor14

Okay so in the backs (they play first):

• If all 3 of Atkinson, Iro, and Talagi do well I swap Strange and Galvin and leave out Strange.
    • If Atkinson and Iro do well, but Talagi doesn't, I swap Garrick and Kiraz and leave it as is.
    • If Iro and Talagi do well, but Atkinson doesn't, I leave it as it is.
    • If Atkinson and Talagi do well, but Iro doesn't, I decide how bad Iro's score really is:

- If it's not "that" bad, I'll just take all 3 (as most will play Iro regardless).
              - If it's really bad, I'll swap Strange and Galvin, Strange and Garrick, and Kiraz and Koula, only getting Atkinson's score.
    • If Atkinson is the only one who does well, I'll do the above (Strange/Galvin > Strange/Garrick > Kiraz/Koula). Atkinson into WFB and Plath down from MID into HLF.
    • If all 3 of them shit the bed, I'll use the same loops as above and do my best to get the best of the shit. Probably also do Strange into the centres, and Plath down from MID into HLF.

Which segues nicely into the forwards:

• If I need to, I'll move Plath into HLF, take Strange's score at CTR, and play both Shoes and DeBelin. If I don't, I'll loop Shoes.
    • If Shoes does well, I'll move Plath into HLF, DeBelin into Plath's spot, and leave out Strange (or play at CTR re above).
    • If Shoes does shoes things, I'll swap DeBelin and Koro on the INT, getting DeBelin as the AE for Hopgood.

Can anyone see any oversights I've made with this elaborate game? No doubt they'll all do shit and I'll be choosing from a poor bunch, but worth keeping in mind? I need all the points I can get Lol

Hi there Snatch

If you do the bolded part of your loop without doing the part highlighted in red, you will only have 12 players for the round. Talagi and Iro will both miss out along with one of Shoes or JDB
    Unfortunately, there does not appear to be a way to take Atkinson's and Talagi's scores without also taking Iro

Guess you have to pray that this part of the loop does not happen

Good luck with it all

Last edited by Cookie Monster on Wed May 29, 2024 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Wed May 29, 2024 1:23 pm

Jele wrote:Did we ever work out if there's an order to which EMG get picked? Wondering if I can double loop Strange in both CTR and HLF as follows:

Brailey
    Sorensen May Hughes
    Preston KPP
    Weekes Galvin
    Kiraz Koula

Hi Jele

The AE's that Milchy described above will almost certainly occur, but in your case it doesn't really matter

As you have your team set at the moment, you can watch both Iro and Atkinson play and then decide if you want to take both of their scores or only one of their scores

If you want both you don't have to do anything

If you want Atkinson : swap Strange into your team for Koula

If you want Iro : swap Strange into your team for Galvin

Good luck and Cheers
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Wed May 29, 2024 2:09 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:

Hi Jele

The AE's that Milchy described above will almost certainly occur, but in your case it doesn't really matter

As you have your team set at the moment, you can watch both Iro and Atkinson play and then decide if you want to take both of their scores or only one of their scores

If you want both you don't have to do anything

If you want Atkinson : swap Strange into your team for Koula

If you want Iro : swap Strange into your team for Galvin

Good luck and Cheers

so ... just like a standard loop. don't i feel a bit silly. Embarassed

thanks Cookie, much appreciated!
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed May 29, 2024 4:01 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:

Hi there Snatch

If you do the bolded part of your loop without doing the part highlighted in red, you will only have 12 players for the round. Talagi and Iro will both miss out along with one of Shoes or JDB
    Unfortunately, there does not appear to be a way to take Atkinson's and Talagi's scores without also taking Iro

Guess you have to pray that this part of the loop does not happen

Good luck with it all
    Legend thanks for noticing that CM!

Luckily they don't all play in back to back matches, so it wont be a mad dash to get it all sorted.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu May 30, 2024 6:05 pm

Another complex one, any help appreciated.

NRL Fantasy Loophole Loop_r10

1. If hands goes well, he comes in for Galvin. If not move Weekes to half via Armstrong, trade Angus to Teddy who comes in for Walsh.
    2. But if Hands does well, watch Armstrong, and if he does shit, trade Angus to Teddy who will come in for Walsh instead of Armstrong.
    3. If Hands and Armstrong both do well, watch Hughes. If Hughes does shit, I could trade Angus to JDB (who I could use for rd19) and move him in for Carrigan.
    4. If Hughes does well, but Salmon does shit, I could still trade Angus to JDB, swap JDB with Smithies, and then swap Smithies with Fifita. That way Hughes comes in for Carrigan, but Salmon stays on the bench because Smthies and Curran are at edge.
    5. If Hands, Armstrong, Hughes and Salmon all score well, I leave it and trade out Angus next week instead. Hands comes in for Galvin, Armstrong in for Walsh, Hughes in for Carrigan, and Salmon in for Fifita.

The main part I am not sure of is point 5. Given Hughes and Salmon are both available at mid, they wouldn't do something stupid like Salmon comes in for Carrigan and Hughes misses out would they?? Cheers.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu May 30, 2024 6:19 pm

Mulvy wrote:Another complex one, any help appreciated.

NRL Fantasy Loophole Loop_r10

1. If hands goes well, he comes in for Galvin. If not move Weekes to half via Armstrong, trade Angus to Teddy who comes in for Walsh.
    2. But if Hands does well, watch Armstrong, and if he does shit, trade Angus to Teddy who will come in for Walsh instead of Armstrong.
    3. If Hands and Armstrong both do well, watch Hughes. If Hughes does shit, I could trade Angus to JDB (who I could use for rd19) and move him in for Carrigan.
    4. If Hughes does well, but Salmon does shit, I could still trade Angus to JDB, swap JDB with Smithies, and then swap Smithies with Fifita. That way Hughes comes in for Carrigan, but Salmon stays on the bench because Smthies and Curran are at edge.
    5. If Hands, Armstrong, Hughes and Salmon all score well, I leave it and trade out Angus next week instead. Hands comes in for Galvin, Armstrong in for Walsh, Hughes in for Carrigan, and Salmon in for Fifita.

The main part I am not sure of is point 5. Given Hughes and Salmon are both available at mid, they wouldn't do something stupid like Salmon comes in for Carrigan and Hughes misses out would they?? Cheers.
    Honestly, looks awesome. Don't think it's going to fuck up, Shoes can only come in for Patty AND he's first, so he'll be the first AE (in his only spot).

The only issue here is that you require Hands, Armstrong, Shoes and Salmon to all do well for any of this to matter. So in conclusion, farewell Angus.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu May 30, 2024 6:25 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    Honestly, looks awesome. Don't think it's going to fuck up, Shoes can only come in for Patty AND he's first, so he'll be the first AE (in his only spot).

The only issue here is that you require Hands, Armstrong, Shoes and Salmon to all do well for any of this to matter. So in conclusion, farewell Angus.

Cheers, yeah I expect I'll be selling Angus and that's cool. but if there's a chance to save trading to Teddy, it allows Angus to be traded next week to someone if one of my origin guys doesn't back up, and then bring in Teddy in rd 15. Also means if Hughes or Salmon put up single digits I can trade in JDB instead of Teddy (in other words gives me a greater chance of avoiding a particularly terrible score like a 1st minute HIA)
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu May 30, 2024 6:27 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Cheers, yeah I expect I'll be selling Angus and that's cool. but if there's a chance to save trading to Teddy, it allows Angus to be traded next week to someone if one of my origin guys doesn't back up, and then bring in Teddy in rd 15. Also means if Hughes or Salmon put up single digits I can trade in JDB instead of Teddy (in other words gives me a greater chance of avoiding a particularly terrible score like a 1st minute HIA)
    Yeah for sure. If you can avoiding trading until the last minute it'll be a benefit in this sort of season I'd imagine. What sort of score would be acceptable for Hands?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu May 30, 2024 6:32 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    Yeah for sure. If you can avoiding trading until the last minute it'll be a benefit in this sort of season I'd imagine. What sort of score would be acceptable for Hands?

Haha, that's the question. Probably won't decide until final lists tomorrow night. But Shoes, Salmon, and Armstrong all starting, and with the potential to hold off on the trade, 35-40 might be enough. Any less though and then you're worried about missing a Teddy banner, rain or no rain, and I'll be hiding behind the couch as it is.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu May 30, 2024 6:33 pm

Might do a thumbs up/down poll if Hands scores in the grey area. Hopefully he makes it easy.

Current date/time is Tue Oct 22, 2024 4:09 pm