NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

Robertneville
    Robertneville

NRL Fantasy Loophole Empty Re: Looping thread 2 - Electric Boogaloop

Post by Robertneville Thu May 30, 2024 7:50 pm

NRL Fantasy Loophole 2024-010

I've got a pretty simple loop by comparison to some of you guys but I don't know if it will work?

I have it setup in case Brailey has a shocker I can move Cole into the starting side and take Hands score at hooker.

But if Brailey has a good game and I don't do anything will Brailey come into Hooker and Hands in at half or will Brailey get skipped over because Hands will go to hooker instead?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu May 30, 2024 8:38 pm

Robertneville wrote:NRL Fantasy Loophole 2024-010

I've got a pretty simple loop by comparison to some of you guys but I don't know if it will work?

I have it setup in case Brailey has a shocker I can move Cole into the starting side and take Hands score at hooker.

But if Brailey has a good game and I don't do anything will Brailey come into Hooker and Hands in at half or will Brailey get skipped over because Hands will go to hooker instead?

The way I see it, you have to take Hand's score right? You can take it over Coles and play Brailey. That's what I would do. Swap Brailey and Cook, and Hands comes in for Galvin.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Thu May 30, 2024 8:53 pm

If you don't do anything, the AE system should be smart enough to give you the two highest placed position eligible reserves on your bench as your substitutions; in this case, Hands at HLF and Brailey at HOK
    One of the few things that Failhub didn't fuck-up

If you're going to do a similar loop in future big bye rounds you will probably (like this round) have some convenient black-dots on your bench to make the whole thing a bit less stressful
    Tookey
    Tookey

Post by Tookey Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:19 am

NRL Fantasy Loophole 20240611

Have done a last minute loop and Kings score isn't showing. Usually it will once both loopers match has finished. Surely I will get his score???
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:33 am

Tookey wrote:
    Have done a last minute loop and Kings score isn't showing. Usually it will once both loopers match has finished. Surely I will get his score???

I don't know how it works on the app, but on desktop it usually shows your loop score as counting towards your overall score for a missing bye player (a black-dot) when the match is live. When the match is complete that score then drops out until the next match begins and the whole process repeats itself until the end of the round, where you finally get the score

Missing players who are not on a bye (so a red-dot rather than a black-dot) don't get substituted until the final match of the round begins. This is what should happen in your case (King in for Hopgood)
    Tookey
    Tookey

Post by Tookey Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:32 am

Cheers Cookie, need all the points I can get!
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:40 am

Milchcow wrote:I don't have conclusive proof, but the limited testing I did suggested that if your bench order was Strange, Iro, Atkinson then Strange would play HLF with Iro CTR. if the order was Strange, Atkinson, Iro then Strange would play CTR with Atkinson HLF

I am not at all confident in this though.
    Didn't do a lot of testing and results could have been explained by other factors. So I'd be careful about relying on a certain order of susbtitution.

Cookie Monster wrote:Hi Jele

The AE's that Milchy described above will almost certainly occur, but in your case it doesn't really matter

As you have your team set at the moment, you can watch both Iro and Atkinson play and then decide if you want to take both of their scores or only one of their scores

If you want both you don't have to do anything

If you want Atkinson : swap Strange into your team for Koula

If you want Iro : swap Strange into your team for Galvin

Good luck and Cheers

With Teddy now out, looks like I'll be testing the AE order. Need Strange to sub into half so Atkinson can sub into WFB.

Brailey
    Sorensen May Hughes
    Preston KPP
    Weekes Galvin
    Kiraz Koula
    Teddy Drinkwater Armstrong

Hynes Waddell Iro Wishart
    Atkinson Strange Angus Yeo

If it goes in order of the lineup/bench or even in order of play, then I might be screwed...
    Robertneville
    Robertneville

Post by Robertneville Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:05 pm

Just confirming this for anyone doing similar setups in the future, I left it as pictured and Hands indeed went to Hooker, Brailey was skipped, and Cole subbed into the Halves, so the system was not smart enough to know what to do with the DPP to get the first 2 emergencies listed into the side.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:13 am

Robertneville wrote:

Just confirming this for anyone doing similar setups in the future, I left it as pictured and Hands indeed went to Hooker, Brailey was skipped, and Cole subbed into the Halves, so the system was not smart enough to know what to do with the DPP to get the first 2 emergencies listed into the side.

I guess I owe you an apology, as I said that you would get Hands and Brailey

I can't explain why the subs didn't occur as I predicted (and as I've observed in the past), but I did notice a bit of strange behavior during that round. During the last match of the round my total score included my 14th player even though only 13 players scores should count for the round. After the match finished it cut the 14th score from my total

It may be worthwhile sending them a query about the substitutions (same goes for @BCT05)
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:27 am

Cookie Monster wrote:

I can't explain why the subs didn't occur as I predicted (and as I've observed in the past), but I did notice a bit of strange behavior during that round. During the last match of the round my total score included my 14th player even though only 13 players scores should count for the round. After the match finished it cut the 14th score from my total

It may be worthwhile sending them a query about the substitutions (same goes for @BCT05)

Ah hadn't looked at this thread this week. Yeah Robert very similar to my situation.

I got a reply just before that cleared up nothing - they just stated Weekes was used at Half and not WFB for me and so that left nowhere for Cole to sub into.

I have asked what logic is used to determine where a DPP bench player will sub in if both of his positions have a red dot.

Don't expect it to be changed or anything but would be nice to know for future as it can occur more often in these bye rounds.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:28 am

BCT05 wrote:

Ah hadn't looked at this thread this week. Yeah Robert very similar to my situation.

I got a reply just before that cleared up nothing - they just stated Weekes was used at Half and not WFB for me and so that left nowhere for Cole to sub into.

I have asked what logic is used to determine where a DPP bench player will sub in if both of his positions have a red dot.

Don't expect it to be changed or anything but would be nice to know for future as it can occur more often in these bye rounds.

As an extra kick in the guts, you might want to check out Honey Badgers team (Zazu Knights) in the FOG. Weekes was used as a WFB in his team and he got scores from Iro (CTR) and Strange (HLF) to cover all of his red dots

A+
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:20 am

Cookie Monster wrote:

As an extra kick in the guts, you might want to check out Honey Badgers team (Zazu Knights) in the FOG. Weekes was used as a WFB in his team and he got scores from Iro (CTR) and Strange (HLF) to cover all of his red dots

A+

Lol ah nice, can't find any consistency/logic then between the various examples.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:48 pm

Jele wrote:

With Teddy now out, looks like I'll be testing the AE order. Need Strange to sub into half so Atkinson can sub into WFB.

Brailey
    Sorensen May Hughes
    Preston KPP
    Weekes Galvin
    Kiraz Koula
    Teddy Drinkwater Armstrong

Hynes Waddell Iro Wishart
    Atkinson Strange Angus Yeo

If it goes in order of the lineup/bench or even in order of play, then I might be screwed...

Luckily, the same thing happened to me as for Zazu. The only thing I can think of is that Teddy got non-playing status before Galvin, so going down the bench Atkinson got picked as WFB before HLF. Not sure what order they would rank bye teams in to explain Robert and BCT05's situation - maybe alphabetical?
    Robertneville
    Robertneville

Post by Robertneville Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:50 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:

You're all good man, no apologies necessary. All choices I make are my own, nobodies else's responsibility.
    I had made the same assumption after all, there's just no predicting with emergencies it seems.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:18 pm

Looking at Robertneville's team, he did at least get an AE for every position

I wonder what would have happened if Cole was a DNP. Would it be smart enough to pick Hands + Brailey in that case? Perhaps having multiple AEs to choose from is what confused the algorithm.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:49 am

NRL Fantasy Loophole Loopy12

If I leave my team like this, it means I'll get Klese Haas score for Fifita right? Haven't put him into the 13-17 as might trade Dom Young out, not sure yet.
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:43 am

NRL Fantasy Loophole Loop10

Can I get some advice on this. I want to loop Talagi and Weekes for Latrell's spot and also loop Curran and Matto in either a bench spot or a Mid/Edge spot. Is this possible? I can figure out the WFB loop, but not sure how to achieve the MID/EDG loop
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:42 am

kamikamicameleons wrote:NRL Fantasy Loophole Loop10

Can I get some advice on this. I want to loop Talagi and Weekes for Latrell's spot and also loop Curran and Matto in either a bench spot or a Mid/Edge spot. Is this possible? I can figure out the WFB loop, but not sure how to achieve the MID/EDG loop

You're very limited with 3 x Eels and only 1 extra player.

I believe you can really only loop 1 Eels player, presumably that would be Talagi.

Might as well chuck someone that plays early like AFB in the loop just in case of an early injury or something.

So something like this:

Matto starting at Mid

Bench:

Fainu
    Hands
    Fifita
    Wighton

Curran
    AFB
    Talagi
    Weekes

- If you don't want Curran's score then you can swap all of AFB, Talagi, Weekes with Fifita/Wighton/Latrell.
    - If you don't want AFB's score then you can swap Talagi and Weekes with any bye players to avoid it.
    - If you don't want Talagi's score then swap Weekes in with any of Fifita/Wighton/Latrell.

Someone else might see better but that's what I've got after a quick think
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:05 am

BCT05 wrote:

You're very limited with 3 x Eels and only 1 extra player.

I believe you can really only loop 1 Eels player, presumably that would be Talagi.

Might as well chuck someone that plays early like AFB in the loop just in case of an early injury or something.

So something like this:

Matto starting at Mid

Bench:

Fainu
    Hands
    Fifita
    Wighton

Curran
    AFB
    Talagi
    Weekes

- If you don't want Curran's score then you can swap all of AFB, Talagi, Weekes with Fifita/Wighton/Latrell.
    - If you don't want AFB's score then you can swap Talagi and Weekes with any bye players to avoid it.
    - If you don't want Talagi's score then swap Weekes in with any of Fifita/Wighton/Latrell.

Someone else might see better but that's what I've got after a quick think

Cheers for the help mate. In the end with Grant out I didn't have a spare player to loop with anyway. Should have figured that would be the case haha

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:02 am