NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

State of Origin Game 2

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

State of Origin Game 2 - Page 17 Empty Re: State of Origin Game 2

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:52 pm

For QLD, the gun's are rightfully getting the accolades they deserve but some of the other blokes really impressed me last night.

O'Neill was really good I thought.
    Seems to be copping it a bit about not running down Jennings but he was clearly gassed at the time and I thought was really impressive overall.

Oates isn't just a great finisher and he has cemented a spot for years to come with his willingness to take the gutsy hit-ups.

McGuire started off like a beast and wasn't used for a while after that but IMO he was almost the best player on the park for the first 20-odd minutes.

Gillett has been incredible this entire series and may even have been our best overall (probably just pipped by Darius).

Papalli - wow, didn't think he had that in him.

Matty Scott continues to lead our pack brilliantly and the difference he makes when he returns from a stint is just so noticeable.

The rest were all superb too.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:54 pm

Drop Reynolds? He was ten times the player Pearce has ever been at Origin level. His kicks early in the count to try and gain field position were stuff Pearce couldn't even dream of doing. He will get to the 50 metre line and put up a bomb and hope for the best.

Moylan is going to grow into the role, Teddy I agree needs to be there somewhere but you need to keep Moylan in the 13.

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:56 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:For QLD, the gun's are rightfully getting the accolades they deserve but some of the other blokes really impressed me last night.

O'Neill was really good I thought.
    Seems to be copping it a bit about not running down Jennings but he was clearly gassed at the time and I thought was really impressive overall.

Oates isn't just a great finisher and he has cemented a spot for years to come with his willingness to take the gutsy hit-ups.

McGuire started off like a beast and wasn't used for a while after that but IMO he was almost the best player on the park for the first 20-odd minutes.

Gillett has been incredible this entire series and may even have been our best overall (probably just pipped by Darius).

Papalli - wow, didn't think he had that in him.

Matty Scott continues to lead our pack brilliantly and the difference he makes when he returns from a stint is just so noticeable.

The rest were all superb too.

He had a great game, very damaging and made a lot of metres after contact that got QLD on the front foot.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:01 pm

Honeysett wrote:Drop Reynolds? He was ten times the player Pearce has ever been at Origin level. His kicks early in the count to try and gain field position were stuff Pearce couldn't even dream of doing. He will get to the 50 metre line and put up a bomb and hope for the best.

Moylan is going to grow into the role, Teddy I agree needs to be there somewhere but you need to keep Moylan in the 13.

I know I am in the minority around these parts with the Pearce call but whatever, you are all idiots....

Nah, I didn't rate Reynolds coming into the series and I've seen nothing to change my opinion.

Plays well structured and off a dominant pack but even when you blokes have had all the momentum this series, he hasn't been able to assert himself into the game.
    Even his kicking game has been decent but not what it is hyped up to be.

Pearce has the all round game to develop into your version of JT or Johns, just back the bloke, instead of blaming him for not being able to bring your team together as close as what QLD has - that is the coaches job and IMO Ricky did that well and was on the verge of a purple patch of series wins.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:10 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I know I am in the minority around these parts with the Pearce call but whatever, you are all idiots....

Nah, I didn't rate Reynolds coming into the series and I've seen nothing to change my opinion.

Plays well structured and off a dominant pack but even when you blokes have had all the momentum this series, he hasn't been able to assert himself into the game.
    Even his kicking game has been decent but not what it is hyped up to be.

Pearce has the all round game to develop into your version of JT or Johns, just back the bloke, instead of blaming him for not being able to bring your team together as close as what QLD has - that is the coaches job and IMO Ricky did that well and was on the verge of a purple patch of series wins.

How long do you back the wrong player? Geez mate you call us idiots and you would pick Pearce again.

Reynolds didn't assert himself into the game? Did he not put Frizzell through for his try? Did he not put the kick in for butter fingers.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:40 pm

Angry Blues player smashes hole in Suncorp Stadium wall after Origin 2 defeat
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:50 pm

Josh Reynolds. Has a history against inanimate objects.

Fuck ASADA though, coming in after a series loss is a dick move.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:50 pm

Bren wrote:Angry Blues player smashes hole in Suncorp Stadium wall after Origin 2 defeat
    Total non issue
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:55 pm

Krump wrote:
    Total non issue

Better than pissing on a seat.
    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:56 pm

Bren wrote:Angry Blues player smashes hole in Suncorp Stadium wall after Origin 2 defeat

Complete lack of respect shown there. A photo of the damaged wall should be used as motivation for years to come, a la the hand grenade...
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:01 pm

Honeysett wrote:

How long do you back the wrong player? Geez mate you call us idiots and you would pick Pearce again.

Reynolds didn't assert himself into the game? Did he not put Frizzell through for his try? Did he not put the kick in for butter fingers.

If he was the wrong player, I wouldn't keep backing him for the sake of it....

Anyway I get most around these parts have put a line through him but I think he will probably and rightfully force his way back into the team and his success will depend on whether the new Blues coach (assuming Snoz will be cut) is able to bring a team together.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:02 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

If he was the wrong player, I wouldn't keep backing him for the sake of it....

Anyway I get most around these parts have put a line through him but I think he will probably and rightfully force his way back into the team and his success will depend on whether the new Blues coach (assuming Snoz will be cut) is able to bring a team together.

I respect your opinion but don't agree with it. I think Reynolds is the guy to stick with.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:05 pm

If ever there was a testiment to this game being a game of inches this series is it.

Josh Morris getting to the line but not getting it down (allegedly)
    Frizz just not getting to Gagai in time.
    Jennings an inch away from not being a dickhead.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:06 pm

Honeysett wrote:Josh Reynolds. Has a history against inanimate objects.

Fuck ASADA though, coming in after a series loss is a dick move.

Reeks of roid rage.

Can pretty much call off the investigation into who it was......

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:06 pm

Mr Fernando wrote:

Complete lack of respect shown there. A photo of the damaged wall should be used as motivation for years to come, a la the hand grenade...

Definitely gutter journalism at best. I bet Chris Garry was drooling something hard the moment he found out. It is actually funny when you think about it (and also a non issue) however I bet every FTA TV station runs it as a story tonight. Makes me wonder which terry tough cunt it was though. Probably Gallen.

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:08 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Reeks of roid rage.

Can pretty much call off the investigation into who it was......

Cam Smith? Breaks every other rule in the game.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:09 pm

Bren wrote:

Definitely gutter journalism at best. I bet Chris Garry was drooling something hard the moment he found out. It is actually funny when you think about it (and also a non issue) however I bet every FTA TV station runs it as a story tonight. Makes me wonder which terry tough cunt it was though. Probably Gallen.

Klemmer is my guess. Stories like this are yet another reason to hate league journos, they'd rather rubbish the game that pays their wages than write stories promoting a great game and a great series for QLD.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:11 pm

Josh McGuire on Twitter "Losers have meetings winners have parties lol #qld #180"

What an absolute prick. No class whatsoever.

NSW should print this out and display it every game and hammer the down sydrome twat.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:18 pm

Honeysett wrote:Josh McGuire on Twitter "Losers have meetings winners have parties lol #qld #180"

What an absolute prick. No class whatsoever.

NSW should print this out and display it every game and hammer the down sydrome twat.
    Is McGuire any relation of yours @Bren

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:21 pm

Krump wrote:
    Is McGuire any relation of yours @Bren

Because we are both champions?

Coffee

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:06 pm