NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

State of Origin Game 2

Dip

State of Origin Game 2 Empty State of Origin Game 2

Post by Dip Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:10 pm

QLD has named their team for game 2, named as a 17 man squad for now with Myles out injured and Lillyman in. Sounds like they'll name a 18th & 19th man after today's matches.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

State of Origin Game 2 Empty Re: State of Origin Game 2

Post by ryno_ Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:32 pm

Good for Lilyman, been in great form this year. Youd think McGuire moves to the starting lineup.

Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:58 pm

NSW named. Wade Graham in for Cordner.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:18 pm

Dip wrote:NSW named. Wade Graham in for Cordner.

So he gets off at the judiciary for decapitating Thurston.

(In before 2 headed inbred QLDers)

In Graham's defence he left him with 1 good head.

Flip Off
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:23 pm

Your Name wrote:
    Dip wrote:NSW named. Wade Graham in for Cordner.

So he gets off at the judiciary for decapitating Thurston.

(In before 2 headed inbred QLDers)

In Graham's defence he left him with 1 good head.

Flip Off
    I don't understand this, are NSW proud of being a bunch of girls?

I mean just because you guys play like a bunch of pubescent 10 year olds...

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:38 pm

Random wrote:
    I don't understand this, are NSW proud of being a bunch of girls?

I mean just because you guys play like a bunch of pubescent 10 year olds...
    The thing I find most hilarious with all the insults NSW fans throw around is that they have lost to those exact same blokes for 9 of the past 10 years. No wonder they are so angry. Cant even get a win over blokes they called inbred and two headed. Do those shit bags from NSW have fucking palsy or something?
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:18 am

According to ABC he has 23 carryover points and loading from a tackle in the semis last year, so even a early guilty plea to a grade 1 charge would see him miss a game. I think it looked worse than it was, but it's definitely a grade 1 imo.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:48 am

Has to be charged

Just gotta hope a boys will be boys verdict from the ex players lol

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:52 am

leaguegod wrote:Has to be charged

Just gotta hope a boys will be boys verdict from the ex players lol

Nah rub him out for the game. Fuck him.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:52 am

His arm was at a 45% angle, it wasn't a swinging arm, initial contact wasn't high, it was only that Thurston had fallen that far that his hand bounced up off the ball and barely cupped his chin. On field penalty was suffice, MRC will not charge him.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:06 am

I wouldnt be surprised if there was no charge for it. It looked a lot worse than it actually was with Thurston slipping before he contact.

If he is suspended tho (dont think he will be) Will be interesting to see who comes in. Prob beau scott or hoffman.

Happy that graham got picked tho.
    Cant understand Walker being picked - pick him in the centres if he must be there I wouldnt have a problem with that.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:18 am

Also, this "they need to score points" stuff is bullshit. They lost by 2. They have players capable of scoring points and on what should be a dry track, they should be able to do it.

Unless QLD come out and put on one of the all time great performances like they did last year in game 3 - NSW certainly have a shot.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:37 am

Graham is charged and will need to beat the charge. Which he should, JT falling and no swinging arm and it bounces off his chest.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:07 am

Graham charged with Grade 1. Early plea + carry over still gets him a week. He has to fight it to play origin. NRL pandering to QLD to keep them happy.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:10 am

You would think he will get off.
    This is literally the reason is why the carry over points system sucks.

He is being punished for a tackle from like 9 months ago
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:35 am

It's unlucky for him, but you guys are grasping at straws. It didn't bounce off the ball, and while JT was low, it was because he was stepping as Graham rushed out of the defensive line. It wasn't because he slipped or fell just before the tackle. Graham leaves his feet as he is making the tackle and gets him right on the neck and chin.

I'm comfortable that it was no more than a grade 1, which would have got him off had he had no carry over or loading (only needed to have no loading or no carryover, but he had both). That's not a perfect system, but I have no problems with repeat offenders getting bigger penalties, and that it what the loading and carry over does.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl/grahams-costly-high-hit!528637

Edit: I do think that suspending someone for origin or a finals match on the same basis as for club matches is harsh, because they're not equal matches. I don't know what the best answer is, but I wouldn't mind it if you needed say 150 points to miss a finals, origin or test match, and have them as reducing carry over points so it is like a suspended sentence for low range incidents.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:47 am

But why should something thats not bad enough to get him suspended more than half a season ago all of a sudden be bad enough to get him suspended now?

To be fair, If he is suspended, its sad for him and NSW, but I wouldnt be too shocked or upset because its kinda fair.

But if he gets off, I also wouldnt mind, because that incident shouldnt be enough for him to get suspended and miss SO.

Also - why do club suspensions apply to rep games and vice versa.
    If a bloke is suspended from a rep game he should miss rep games, if he is suspended from a club game, he should miss club games.

Why should eg a club be punished if a guy get in trouble not playing for that club?

The way it should work - is he should be allowed to play SOO but should miss cronulla's next game if suspended.
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:54 am

Pieman wrote:But why should something thats not bad enough to get him suspended more than half a season ago all of a sudden be bad enough to get him suspended now?

Loading - because he's a repeat offender. Just like someone who gets charged for robbery, second time they get done they get a bigger charge because they haven't corrected their problem. The onus is on the defender to correct their technique or actions.
    Carryover - it's like a suspended sentence. You won't get suspended for this as long as you keep a clean nose until your carryover is extinguished. Given that was only 13 games ago, I reckon that's fair enough.

I think it makes perfect sense because I think repeat offenders should get penalised more. If say Adrian Morley or Josh Reynolds went and did a grade 1 high tackle or trip every week, why should they never get suspended?
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:55 am

It's a shame Cronulla have the bye next week. I could imagine NSWRL hastily changing their named team to give Cordner every chance to play, only to be ruled out after the weekend with Graham coming in, ala Ennis.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:22 pm

Dip wrote:It's unlucky for him, but you guys are grasping at straws. It didn't bounce off the ball, and while JT was low, it was because he was stepping as Graham rushed out of the defensive line. It wasn't because he slipped or fell just before the tackle. Graham leaves his feet as he is making the tackle and gets him right on the neck and chin.

I'm comfortable that it was no more than a grade 1, which would have got him off had he had no carry over or loading (only needed to have no loading or no carryover, but he had both). That's not a perfect system, but I have no problems with repeat offenders getting bigger penalties, and that it what the loading and carry over does.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl/grahams-costly-high-hit!528637

Edit: I do think that suspending someone for origin or a finals match on the same basis as for club matches is harsh, because they're not equal matches. I don't know what the best answer is, but I wouldn't mind it if you needed say 150 points to miss a finals, origin or test match, and have them as reducing carry over points so it is like a suspended sentence for low range incidents.

Let me preface this by saying, I personally think Graham is a very good player but he's deadset one of the most over-rated blokes to be getting around these days, all because his mate Captain Fatguts thinks he is worthy of an Origin jersey.
    As a QLDer I would probably rather see Graham than the Friz, so I hope he beats the charge.

But despite the NSW media trying to downplay the tackle straight away; it was clearly a careless high tackle caused by Graham rushing up to put a hit on and being wrongfooted somewhat.
    Justin Hunt got a Grade 2 for a similar incident earlier in the season and people were suggesting it was too lenient???

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:18 pm