NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

State of Origin Game 2

Honeysett
    Honeysett

State of Origin Game 2 - Page 23 Empty Re: State of Origin Game 2

Post by Honeysett Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:40 pm

Your Name wrote:

Blocker said that about Walker before game 2.

Rip

I think I would know a little more than Blocker about what makes an Origin footballer.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:36 pm

leaguegod wrote:probably a fair call ice, i guess i'm not sure moylan is a long term origin player to be completely honest, so i just wanna get teddy in the #1 sooner, rather then later

If Hayne returns its a moot point for both as he walks into the 1, so Teddy getting a crack on the wing works as that is where he will be when Hayne returns. Moylan has the goods, im confident of that, just got stick with him. He and Teddy should both be there somewhere, even when Hayne returns.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:05 pm

Ice wrote:

If Hayne returns its a moot point for both as he walks into the 1, so Teddy getting a crack on the wing works as that is where he will be when Hayne returns. Moylan has the goods, im confident of that, just got stick with him.  He and Teddy should both be there somewhere, even when Hayne returns.

Depends how big Hayne comes back, he could play 6 quite easily.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:12 pm

Don't forget that if the current selectors remain, given past experience he'll be on the wing or left out to keep together a club combination of ARey and Aaron Gray or something like that. (I was going to to Keary and Ferguson, but then I remembered they're both signed with probably the only team with a chance of signing Hayne next year).
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:00 pm

Dip wrote:

The sentiment is right but JT debuted game 1 in 2006, and Slater debuted in game 1 not a dead rubber.

I didnt mean blood them in a dead rubber - I meant just blood them when they are young. Not 25/26
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:23 am

Ice wrote:

If Hayne returns its a moot point for both as he walks into the 1, so Teddy getting a crack on the wing works as that is where he will be when Hayne returns. Moylan has the goods, im confident of that, just got stick with him.  He and Teddy should both be there somewhere, even when Hayne returns.

No such thing as a moot point when it comes to NSW selectors. Hayne could miss selection, start on the wing, or come off the bench as a reserve hooker (as captain).
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:41 am

Ice wrote:

If Teddy played for the Eels you'd be screaming for him to be our 1. He's far and away our best fullback just play him there.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:57 am

While Bozo is a selector there's every chance that the snake or Turbo will play fullback game 3
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:21 pm

Krump wrote:
    If Teddy played for the Eels you'd be screaming for him to be our 1. He's far and away our best fullback just play him there.

Mmmm, maybe, maybe not, its a hypothetical i can't answer. You may be right if Moylan wasn't at the Eels but if he was their also, I don't know. All i know is, with the talent at our disposal for NSW (or lack thereof), I'd start Moylan at 1 and bring Teddy onto the wing for game 3. That might change by game 1 next year though.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:53 pm

I've long been a detractor of Pearce, but to be fair, I do think it was all thrust on him too early. Compare him to Cronk, who has had the benefit of playing with Smith and Slater all his career. Cronk Debuted in Origin at 27 and even then it was via the bench as the utility. Coincidentally the age Pearce is right now. I just wonder if Pearce had never played Origin, would he have found himself in all the shit he has been in over the last few years, and having already won a GF, could an argument not be mounted now, that he is more ready than ever for Origin representation?

Few would argue that Pearce is a lesser player than Adam Reynolds, and we see that week to week at Club level and I think at his best he is clearly superior, that said I can't counter argue that he hasn't failed at Origin, so its hard to mount a case for his re-instatement.

Even Pearce himself has said he wished he didn't play Origin between 19 - 22. (Thurston was 23 when he debuted incidentally).

His game last night was superb. He played a loan hand in a team struggling and if Friend is awake and catches that ball he spilt over the line, the Roosters win that game for mine. Its games like the one from Pearce last night that, if he hadn't yet played Origin, people would be wacking Daley over the head with and demanding he be selected.

Its a funny old game, no doubt about it.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:57 pm

Ice wrote:

Mmmm, maybe, maybe not, its a hypothetical i can't answer. You may be right if Moylan wasn't at the Eels but if he was their also, I don't know.  All i know is, with the talent at our disposal for NSW (or lack thereof), I'd start Moylan at 1 and bring Teddy onto the wing for game 3. That might change by game 1 next year though.

Ted is a better fullback than Moylan.
    So pick Ted at 1.

Simple for mine.

You dont lose anything by picking Morris/Trbo/Fergo/Mansour on the wing, how ever you gain a better fullback.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:04 pm

Ice wrote:I've long been a detractor of Pearce, but to be fair, I do think it was all thrust on him too early.  Compare him to Cronk, who has had the benefit of playing with Smith and Slater all his career. Cronk Debuted in Origin at 27 and even then it was via the bench as the utility. Coincidentally the age Pearce is right now.  I just wonder if Pearce had never played Origin, would he have found himself in all the shit he has been in over the last few years, and having already won a GF, could an argument not be mounted now, that he is more ready than ever for Origin representation?

Few would argue that Pearce is a lesser player than Adam Reynolds, and we see that week to week at Club level and I think at his best he is clearly superior, that said I can't counter argue that he hasn't failed at Origin, so its hard to mount a case for his re-instatement.

Even Pearce himself has said he wished he didn't play Origin between 19 - 22. (Thurston was 23 when he debuted incidentally).

His game last night was superb. He played a loan hand in a team struggling and if Friend is awake and catches that ball he spilt over the line, the Roosters win that game for mine.  Its games like the one from Pearce last night that, if he hadn't yet played Origin, people would be wacking Daley over the head with and demanding he be selected.

Its a funny old game, no doubt about it.

I agree mate, Pearce is probably the third best club halfback in the game after Thurston and Cronk.
    He had an absolute blinder last night and does regularly in club games.

Was he a victim of being put in origin too early? 100% yes
    Was he a victim of playing the best team ever and losing regularly? 100% yes
    Did he fail in his job for NSW? Doing the things a halfback should do? 100% yes
    Just because he had just about every circumstance go against him, does not mean that he didnt fail horribly as well at origin level.
    Will he get another crack? 100% yes

I have said this for years in regards to pearce.
    Pick him as the bench utility. He covers hooker and the halves and can play a bit in the back row too. He would be great there IMO.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:22 pm

It doesnt matter how good you think Pearce is at club level because it has been proven that that is his ceiling and being good at club level isnt good enough for origin.

I like Tedesco at fullback but in a very avg NSW team Moylan has been one of the better players. The major problem is the quality of ball he has been receiving, im not sure if its Daleys tactics or just the halves stuffing up but all the set moves have started 10m the wrong side of where you see them in club games and then everytime the FB or centre got the ball they had no room outside them.

I think Tom Turbo needs to be picked on a wing (instead of Fergusson) I think he is good enough now and in the future will be a star for NSW. Mansour holds his position on the other wing.

Jack Bird was pretty good in game 2 and he just comes across as the type of player that no matter what his form is or where you pick him he will stand up big in Origin. BJ Leulua can have an error or a penalty in his game but his attack outweighs that, he is the hardest choice for me as he has been around a long time but only this year and really only the last 12 weeks has he been consistently good.

Daley is an idiot and will pick both Moylan and Teddy really only one should be picked and i can live with either of them.

On a side note i dont get this bullshlt Daley spouts about loyalty as he dropped the only series winning halves NSW have had in the past 11 years
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:05 pm

Shanbon wrote:It doesnt matter how good you think Pearce is at club level because it has been proven that that is his ceiling and being good at club level isnt good enough for origin.

I like Tedesco at fullback but in a very avg NSW team Moylan has been one of the better players. The major problem is the quality of ball he has been receiving, im not sure if its Daleys tactics or just the halves stuffing up but all the set moves have started 10m the wrong side of where you see them in club games and then everytime the FB or centre got the ball they had no room outside them.

I think Tom Turbo needs to be picked on a wing (instead of Fergusson) I think he is good enough now and in the future will be a star for NSW. Mansour holds his position on the other wing.

Jack Bird was pretty good in game 2 and he just comes across as the type of player that no matter what his form is or where you pick him he will stand up big in Origin. BJ Leulua can have an error or a penalty in his game but his attack outweighs that, he is the hardest choice for me as he has been around a long time but only this year and really only the last 12 weeks has he been consistently good.

Daley is an idiot and will pick both Moylan and Teddy really only one should be picked and i can live with either of them.

On a side note i dont get this bullshlt Daley spouts about loyalty as he dropped the only series winning halves NSW have had in the past 11 years

I think when daley refers to loyalty, he means from year to year. He likes to pick a side and stick to it the entire series as best he can, no matter how wrong the side is.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:21 pm

Feel sorry for Moylan, he only got picked because Dugan was injured and so was Ted. He's done nothing wrong and doesn't deserve to be dropped on performance, but he's not the best fit bloke in his position. And as Gallen keeps saying "I said to Laurie before the series I'd step downand he said he was going to pick the best team". So if Gal isn't full of shit, Teddy will get a run in game 3

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:11 am