NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    State of Origin Game 1

    Share

    Dip

    Posts : 1239
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Dip on Mon May 23, 2016 2:55 pm

    Okay lads, apart from 3 handy Storm players, everyone has played their last match before Origin 1, so thought it was time to have a designated thread for the banter and news.

    NSW has stuck with their policy of recent years of picking guys who either have never won anything, won't add anything from the bench, can't catch a cold, are druggos, or don't remember what country they come from. It's only early days, so it seems fans haven't yet unanimously settled on a scape goat, but once again Bob Fulton and the halves combination seems to be the early favourites. As in past years, expect a late influx to blame correct referee decisions as the reason they lost by 8, as the unanimous reason their fans think they lost by 10:15pm on Wednesday 1/6/16.

    QLD have been decimated by injury and suspension, but the core of all-time legends are once again starting to hit their straps when May comes around, and look to be the smart choice again. Complacency or NRL fixing in order to ensure they can sell tickets for more than $20 to game 3, appear the only thing that can stop the Maroons winning game 1.

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1081
    Reputation : 247
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Mon May 23, 2016 3:05 pm

    Dip wrote:Okay lads, apart from 3 handy Storm players, everyone has played their last match before Origin 1, so thought it was time to have a designated thread for the banter and news.

    NSW has stuck with their policy of recent years of picking guys who either have never won anything, won't add anything from the bench, can't catch a cold, are druggos, or don't remember what country they come from. It's only early days, so it seems fans haven't yet unanimously settled on a scape goat, but once again Bob Fulton and the halves combination seems to be the early favourites. As in past years, expect a late influx to blame correct referee decisions as the reason they lost by 8, as the unanimous reason their fans think they lost by 10:15pm on Wednesday 1/6/16.

    QLD have been decimated by injury and suspension, but the core of all-time legends are once again starting to hit their straps when May comes around, and look to be the smart choice again. Complacency or NRL fixing in order to ensure they can sell tickets for more than $20 to game 3, appear the only thing that can stop the Maroons winning game 1.

    Hard not to agree with all of those cold hard facts and QLD will undoubtedly give the Blues the belting they deserve.

    That being said, the Blues will clearly be the bookies favourites heading into the match....

    Dip

    Posts : 1239
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Dip on Mon May 23, 2016 3:09 pm

    Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    Hard not to agree with all of those cold hard facts and QLD will undoubtedly give the Blues the belting they deserve.

    That being said, the Blues will clearly be the bookies favourites heading into the match....

    Remember that time everyone in NSW wrote off Queensland as being too old, saying their allegedly younger players would run over the top of our old legs, then QLD won by 46. Happy days. Seems like it only happened recently, as if it was the last origin match played.

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1081
    Reputation : 247
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Mon May 23, 2016 3:15 pm

    Dip wrote:

    Remember that time everyone in NSW wrote off Queensland as being too old, saying their allegedly younger players would run over the top of our old legs, then QLD won by 46. Happy days. Seems like it only happened recently, as if it was the last origin match played.

    I remember it like it happened on the 8th of July 2015.

    Dip

    Posts : 1239
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Dip on Mon May 23, 2016 3:35 pm

    NSW squad with an independent, non-biased analysis next to their name:

    Matt Moylan -  Seen as a big game player, though who would know as he has only once played in front of more than 25,000
    Josh Mansour - Selected as they haven't thought of a way to slip a Fijiian in the team yet
    Michael Jennings - Picked because they don't trust their left winger to catch a pass
    Josh Dugan - In charge of the choreograph when the team recreate the dance seen in jail from The Replacements
    Blake Ferguson - Picked so that Josh Dugan isn't the dumbest player in the team
    James Maloney - As famous for his masterbating stories as he is for his missed tackles
    Adam Reynolds - Jamie Soward Mark II.
    Paul Gallen (c) - Calls people dogs for doing half the things that when he does it, he calls part of the game
    Robbie Farah - Self proclaimed as being as good as Cam Smith. Think he meant Ben Smith.
    Aaron Woods - Powder puff
    Josh Jackson - They got confused picking so many Josh's they accidently name the wrong one
    Boyd Cordner - Imagine carrying a living person in your womb for 9 months, going through hours of labour for them, then calling them Boyd
    Greg Bird - Asks his mates to lie for him about bashing a woman
    Andrew Fifita - Abuses teenage refs at junior games
    James Tamou - Hoped to play for NZ immediately before choosing NSW
    David Klemmer - Notorious for taking out the legs of fullbacks when in the air catching bombs
    Dylan Walker - Token Manly selection expected to get 7 minutes off the bench
    Tyson Frizzell - has played in the 4 nations, but not for Australia
    Josh Morris - 3rd best player in his family

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1081
    Reputation : 247
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Mon May 23, 2016 4:07 pm

    Dip wrote:NSW squad with an independent, non-biased analysis next to their name:

    Matt Moylan -  Seen as a big game player, though who would know as he has only once played in front of more than 25,000
    Josh Mansour - Selected as they haven't thought of a way to slip a Fijiian in the team yet
    Michael Jennings - Picked because they don't trust their left winger to catch a pass. Also selected in case a brawl breaks out and they need a cat to run 30m and coward punch a bloke from behind.
    Josh Dugan - In charge of the choreograph when the team recreate the dance seen in jail from The Replacements
    Blake Ferguson - Picked so that Josh Dugan isn't the dumbest player in the team
    James Maloney - As famous for his masterbating stories as he is for his missed tackles
    Adam Reynolds - Jamie Soward Mark II.
    Paul Gallen (c) - Calls people dogs for doing half the things that when he does it, he calls part of the game
    Robbie Farah - Self proclaimed as being as good as Cam Smith. Think he meant Ben Smith.
    Aaron Woods - Powder puff
    Josh Jackson - They got confused picking so many Josh's they accidently name the wrong one
    Boyd Cordner - Imagine carrying a living person in your womb for 9 months, going through hours of labour for them, then calling them Boyd. Clearly named him Boyd as punishment for a painful labour caused by his excessive chin.
    Greg Bird - Asks his mates to lie for him about bashing a woman.
    Andrew Fifita - Abuses teenage refs at junior games
    James Tamou - Hoped to play for NZ immediately before choosing NSW
    David Klemmer - Notorious for taking out the legs of fullbacks when in the air catching bombs
    Dylan Walker - Token Manly selection expected to get 7 minutes off the bench
    Tyson Frizzell - has played in the 4 nations, but not for Australia
    Josh Morris - 3rd best player in his family. 4th best if you include John (which I do).

    A couple of additions above in red mate.......also from an impartial and unbiased viewpoint.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9488
    Reputation : 1705
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by SI on Mon May 23, 2016 4:23 pm

    It is refreshing to see a factual thread around Fanatics; I can't question the validity of a single comment in here.

    Another fact: it is becoming obvious that Daley's 1st pet was a dog named Josh.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9488
    Reputation : 1705
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by SI on Mon May 23, 2016 4:24 pm

    Or a cat named Josh, whichever is the most insulting to those filthy cockroaches.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Guest on Mon May 23, 2016 4:26 pm

    That time of year again bitches where QLD fans try and count how many series in a row they have won using their fingers and NSW fans try and count how many series they would have won if Greg Inglis played for the Blues.

    Ice

    Posts : 786
    Reputation : 38
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Ice on Mon May 23, 2016 5:22 pm

    I think we can all agree on one thing. If Hayne plays all three games in the 1, NSW win the series.

    avatar
    dasherhalo

    Posts : 474
    Reputation : 105
    Join date : 2015-10-23

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by dasherhalo on Mon May 23, 2016 9:26 pm

    Ice wrote:I think we can all agree on one thing. If Hayne plays all three games in the 1, NSW win the series.


    The way the Fijian coach talks about his chances in the 7's, you'd think he's more chance of playing SOO.

    However, if he somehow found his way, Langer-style, thrown into battle, they'd probably put him on the wing. Or centre. Or name him captain off then bench Suspect

    Dip

    Posts : 1239
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Dip on Mon May 23, 2016 9:39 pm

    Was Bird charged for giving the touchie a gobful?

    leaguegod

    Posts : 816
    Reputation : 70
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by leaguegod on Tue May 24, 2016 7:06 am

    bookies probably got the odds right


    QLD clear favs for game 2, Games 1 & 3 are toss of the coin games


    which obviously makes QLD the favs to win it all


    The bench battle will be interesting, QLD is an all Australian bench, they probably should dominate based on that but i'm sure the big guys we have coming off the bench will do a job, i think the first 20 is likely to be a grind, the performances off the bench could decide the game


    leaguegod

    Posts : 816
    Reputation : 70
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by leaguegod on Tue May 24, 2016 7:09 am

    also 8 interchanges is gonna be even more evident on Wednesday, the game is so fast that players would be buggered with 12


    throw in the fact that kevvie and loz have no real game experience using 8 interchanges so wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or both burn a few to early

    hopefully neither of them are able to go all parramatta and abuse the concussion rule

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1081
    Reputation : 247
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Tue May 24, 2016 7:54 am

    Dip wrote:Was Bird charged for giving the touchie a gobful?

    Hey Dip.

    Just letting you know Bird plays for NSW.

    Cheers,

    OSM

    leaguegod

    Posts : 816
    Reputation : 70
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by leaguegod on Tue May 24, 2016 8:36 am

    Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    Hey Dip.

    Just letting you know Bird plays for NSW.

    Cheers,

    OSM

    if touch judge abuse was actually penalized, justin hodges would have charged every second game!
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1413
    Reputation : 240
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by ryno_ on Tue May 24, 2016 8:43 am

    Dip wrote:
    Boyd Cordner - Imagine carrying a living person in your womb for 9 months, going through hours of labour for them, then calling them Boyd

    Midwife: Congratulations, its a Boy, dad. What are you going to name it?
    Mr Cordner: Thatll do.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5041
    Reputation : 1514
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Honeysett on Tue May 24, 2016 9:13 am

    Gee will you boys stop the QLD circle jerk. I know it's a QLD thing for the ratio of cocks to girls to be quite high but come on lads that's embarrassing.

    NSW should never be favourite until the great QLD spine is gone. We can't match it with them there. Hopefully though the refs are starting to see through the slime ball Smith and if they can just call up half of his forward passes we'll have enough field position to mount a challenge.

    Dip

    Posts : 1239
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by Dip on Tue May 24, 2016 10:21 am

    leaguegod wrote:

    if touch judge abuse was actually penalized, justin hodges would have charged every second game!

    It was a genuine question. You never know what the NRL will crack down on. I guess the real test is what would have happened had he said it to the on field ref. I'd expect he'd probably get marched 10 metres but nothing else since he didn't call the ref a cheat or question their integrity (only his ability).

    leaguegod

    Posts : 816
    Reputation : 70
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: State of Origin Game 1

    Post by leaguegod on Tue May 24, 2016 10:28 am

    Dip wrote:

    It was a genuine question. You never know what the NRL will crack down on. I guess the real test is what would have happened had he said it to the on field ref. I'd expect he'd probably get marched 10 metres but nothing else since he didn't call the ref a cheat or question their integrity (only his ability).

    i know mate, my comment was at OSM!


    The NRL only cracks down on ref abuse when the papers write about 3 or 4 days in a row (eg black friday Razz )


    Players pretty much get away with being as aggressive as they like until the papers care enough to write about but don't dare give him an innocent tap on the shoulder, that is unforgivable! Rolling Eyes

      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:57 am