NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

State of Origin Game 2

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

State of Origin Game 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: State of Origin Game 2

Post by No Worries Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:42 am

Honeysett wrote:

Matt Orford has won more Dally Ms than Darren Lockyer. Means nothing bro.

Rolling Laugh

This genuinely made me laugh

Master Your Name (7) is looking over my shoulder and chosen his favourites

Coffee Dead Horse gun Batman Rant cherry Twisted Evil
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:18 am

I think the banner really brings the new place together.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:30 am

Random wrote:I think the banner really brings the new place together.

State of Origin Game 2 - Page 21 The-rock-clapping
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:44 pm

The emblem is a bit red, needs more blue to make it maroon. Kinda like the QLD side.

king
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:27 am

How long was this bet for?
    Nevermind just saw it.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:37 pm

Krump wrote:
    How long was this bet for?
    Nevermind just saw it.

Not sure which bit you saw but it changes back after Origin 3.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:51 pm

SI wrote:

Thats what I saw, did @Honeysett make this banner as well? It must have been torture for the poor bloke lol!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:05 pm

Krump wrote:
    SI wrote:

Thats what I saw, did @Honeysett make this banner as well? It must have been torture for the poor bloke lol!

Yeah, he did. That's exactly what I said to him as well, gave him kudos for being able to summon the resolve to put it together less than 48 hours after the game.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:30 pm

NSW and Newcastle fans are used to losing so I doubt it hurt him too much to make the banner Razz
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:40 pm

leaguegod wrote:last night was carty all over, gave away some dumb penalties, couple of terrible defensive efforts but also was brilliant with the ball

if he gets all errors, defensive failures out of his game, he could be anything, sky is the limit type talent but he still has so much to work on and that's why i still back the decision to not pick him games 1 and 2 because of it.

Dead rubber @ home is pretty tempting to give him a taste tho

Lucky we didn't pick him with those defensive errors and dumb penalties in him, cause none of the other Blues do that and look what they managed to do, led us to a 2-0 series defeat!!! Just imagine if Carty was there, we might be down in the series even worse than 2-0 and in a far worse position heading into game three and next year......oh wait..........
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:20 pm

its not like his error are just normal run of the mill stuff

he is a constant liability on his own line defensively, no forward in the comp would have conceded more tries then he has (ok, maybe half a dozen knights players), consistently makes poor decisions and misses easy tackles.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:21 pm

I'm thinking this team for game 3 if Reynolds is out and Cordner is fit:

1. Moylan (C) There is just something about this guy, i know people are saying he is undersized, but look at Slater and Lockyer and some of the other great FBs. He isn't them yet, but they were them at this early stage in there career either, and with Mansour and Tedesco on the wing, you have to grreat kick returners, so they either avoid those two and kick down the middle, which is want you want, cause then Moylan can link with either one on the return, or they kick to either of the wingers and Moylans size isn't a factor. I like him for captian also, I tink the skipper has to be one of our spine, not a forward, and as Panthers club Captain, he is best suited as I don't think Maloney is necessarily gonna be in the halves for the next half decade to a decade.

2. Mansour - Just got to stick with this guy now for the long term.
    3. Jennings - Scape goat in game 2 but still easily our best left centre
    4. Leilua - Time to give this big unit a crack i reckon (I think the likes of Dugan and Ferguson are cut from the same "shit bloke" cloth as Gallen and Bird so can't have either of them. The alternative is JBird here if Reynols is right for game 3
    5. Tedesco - He has to be in the side, and like Boyd playing wing for Qld and Aus, I see no reason why Teddy can't. good defender, excellent kick return, good under the high ball, he is ready for this. PLUS, the big thing we are forgetting is, if Hayne returns to the NRL, then Teddy holds his spot on the wing as Hayne waks straight back into the Blues 1. Moylan then makes his shift to 6 which is highly likely in the next year or two anyway.
    6. Jack Bird - May as well start him in game 3 and see how he fairs after his solid debut. Worse that can happen is we lose and he struggles a bit but then you know you can utilise him as the utility on in the centres.
    7. Maloney - SHOuld be able to slot across to the 7 without too much trouble.
    8. Woods - I bet the oaf is made skipper next year. He or Cordner, and that will be a BIG mistake, but there is no mistaking he is laying much better than his first series with little help.
    9. Peats - He is our only viable long term option at this stage so get him in there.
    10. Klemmer - Let the big cray cat cut loose from the openig whistle
    11. Frizell - He is a right side player isn't he usually, so it works with Cordner being a lefty
    12. Cordner - As above
    13. Jackson - Given he is our tackling machine, I see no reason not to play him as lock.

14. Graham - Can fill a number of roles from the bench and at 25 i just think he is ready also, i just reckon he is a bettr option for game 3 and for the next 5 years than Greg Bird, so why not select him.
    15. Cartwright - Ohhh, he misses some tackles, big deal, he has poitns in him and we simple don't score enought points to win, so get him in.
    16. Fifita - Again, run this guy wide at the little blokes like Qld did with Papalli, its not hard!!!
    17. James - Playing huge, been talked about for a number for a number of years but hadn't been consistent, but he really is playing consistent footy and deserves a shot over Tamou fo mine now. Either him or Paulo or RCG

I like that team. Might not win 8 straight, but wouldn't loose 8 straight. Good enough going forward if the core stays together to get Origin back to a 50/50 contest.

Guys who might come and go a bit would be Fifita and maybe another Prop or two, Jennings probs only has a series or two left in him, and probably Maloney would make way at some point
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:23 pm

leaguegod wrote:its not like his error are just normal run of the mill stuff

he is a constant liability on his own line defensively, no forward in the comp would have conceded more tries then he has (ok, maybe half a dozen knights players), consistently makes poor decisions and misses easy tackles.

Like i said, 2-0 without him!! It doesn't get any worse. I'd have taken the risk and i might have been down 2-0 just like Daley, but at least I'd know whether Cartwright was up to Origin football or not and would be better prepared for next year.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:26 pm

i like your team for game 3 ice

re bird, i don't think he is a long term halve but if starting him there is a way to give james, graham and carty all a taste of origin, then i'm well and truely on board

Teddy and BJ on the right would be fun

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:48 pm

How quickly you blokes have forgotten all that Brett Morris has done for NSW and Australia. When fit deserves to be there over Mansour or even Tedesco on the wing.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:57 pm

Krump wrote:

It wasn't pleasant.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:54 pm

Bren wrote:How quickly you blokes have forgotten all that Brett Morris has done for NSW and Australia. When fit deserves to be there over Mansour or even Tedesco on the wing.

i don't think it'd be fair on bmoz to be throw into origin after so long out, i think his own quotes are spot on

“To be perfectly honest, I’m not even thinking about that, it was my first game in nine months,” Morris said.

“I don’t think you can sit nine months out then come into an arena like that. I’m certainly not looking at playing Origin at this stage. The guys that he’s got there, I think it would be unfair on them, I think they’ve done their jobs quite well.

“My main focus is on playing well for the Bulldogs and repaying them.”

Morris has been a mainstay of the Blues side for several seasons now and some pundits, including Brad Fittler, feel he has earned the right to be slotted straight back into the NSW line-up.

“I don’t see it that way,” Morris said.

“Every time I’ve gone out for my state, I’ve done the best I could and those guys that are in those jerseys at the moment are doing that.

“But they’ve played a whole season and I’ve played one game.”

With talk Daley might look to blood more rookies, Morris said he would like to see Wests Tigers star Tedesco given a crack.

“A guy like James Tedesco who’s been playing wonderful footy for the last couple of years, he’s one to mention, I think he’d really thrive in the Origin arena,” Morris said.

“I suppose game three, while it’s a dead rubber, you can give these guys an opportunity to come into a team, learn about the build up of Origin and go out there and try their hardest.”.

i think Bmoz is our best winger when fit and healthy but i don't think you rush him back after so long out

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:49 pm

Nah I meant for next year.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:14 pm

They should pick Lyon for the 3rd game. He's done more for NSW origin than Gallen the past 12 years.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:18 pm

Just incase anyone wants to be McFlavour's friend on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/NRL-50k-Likes-and-Ill-Streak-and-Punch-Gallen-in-Origin-3-511578649030784/

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:22 am