NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

State of Origin Game 2

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

State of Origin Game 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: State of Origin Game 2

Post by ryno_ Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:49 pm

Bren wrote:If Nathan Brown misses a game who coaches the Knights? To be fair that shit bag of a side plays like they dont have a coach anyway :lol!:

Bring back captain/coach and give it to Jeremy Smith. As Roy & HG used to say about the King - Captains. Coaches. DRIVES THE BUS!!!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:02 pm

Bren wrote:
    Nah rub him out for the game. Fuck him.
    Good stuff. Glad the right outcome occurred, even with two NSW shit bags on the panel.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:49 pm

i feel for him but was always gonna get the guilty verdict last night

for NSW the drop off from graham to frizzell is minimal, there would be some that would have had frizz ahead anyways. the decision doesn't really hurt the team

but it does suck to see a guy miss his first (and who knows if he will get another chance, NSW always have plenty of back rowers) origin from such a soft tackle
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:09 pm

leaguegod wrote:i feel for him but was always gonna get the guilty verdict last night

for NSW the drop off from graham to frizzell is minimal, there would be some that would have had frizz ahead anyways. the decision doesn't really hurt the team

but it does suck to see a guy miss his first (and who knows if he will get another chance, NSW always have plenty of back rowers) origin from such a soft tackle

It sucks for him, but he deserves to miss a week for it and like you said, NSW second rowers, its just plug the next man up in, they really wont lose much at all. If it was somebody like Gallen at the judiciary, he would have walked scott free but they have a sushi-train of players at Graham's level to pick from.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:34 pm

Bren wrote:
    Good stuff. Glad the right outcome occurred, even with two NSW shit bags on the panel.

Does that mean you now have the Friz as your avatar ?

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:49 pm

Your Name wrote:

Does that mean you now have the Friz as your avatar ?
    Nope. Only if NSW win the series will that occur.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:37 am

QLD Can't Sell Origin.

All this talk before game 1 about how NSW can't sell out a stadium and the almighty QLD have no problem.

Well now we can truly say "fuck off you lying motherfuckers, you couldn't sell shit"

QLD don't have the passion that NSW have for Origin anymore.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:21 am

Honeysett wrote:QLD Can't Sell Origin.

All this talk before game 1 about how NSW can't sell out a stadium and the almighty QLD have no problem.

Well now we can truly say "fuck off you lying motherfuckers, you couldn't sell shit"

Yawn. Same shit different year you knobhead. Pull your head in. Take a look at the difference in tickets prices (not what the cheapest tickets are like last time you clown).

Game 2 - Blatchy's Blues tickets from $185
    Game 3 - Blatchy's Blues tickets from $75

Fap

Last edited by Bren on Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Example added)

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:35 am

Why the difference in ticket prices? Is it because us QLDers earn more then our inbred neighbors over the boarder? Absolutely laughable...

Game 2-
    General entry from $50
    Bronze from $80
    Silver from $200
    Gold from $240
    18th man from $185

Game 3-
    General entry from $35
    Bronze from $45.88
    Silver from $91.76
    Gold from $127.44
    18th man from $130
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:41 am

Honeysett wrote:QLD Can't Sell Origin.

I had a quick look and they are almost entirely single seat tickets which can be hard to sell. I mean, I can understand why blues fans have no friends, but up here we like to go to the footy with family or friends.

Still, if that's what floats your boat after years of demoralising losses, go for it. This article is probably more reflective of the situation though:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/state-of-origin/proof-maroons-fans-are-better-than-blues-fans/news-story/4f6b6de8f22d816a5230cb0cfb73c2ff
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:50 am

Bren wrote:Why the difference in ticket prices? Is it because us QLDers earn more then our inbred neighbors over the boarder? Absolutely laughable...

Game 2-
    General entry from $50
    Bronze from $80

Silver from $200
    Gold from $240
    18th man from $185

Game 3-
    General entry from $35
    Bronze from $45.88
    Silver from $91.76
    Gold from $127.44
    18th man from $130

Bronze, sold out. Cheapest tickets $61.17, are restricted view. Cheapest other tickets now available are White tickets at $127.44.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:16 am

Bren wrote:Why the difference in ticket prices? Is it because us QLDers earn more then our inbred neighbors over the boarder? Absolutely laughable...

Game 2-
    General entry from $50
    Bronze from $80
    Silver from $200
    Gold from $240
    18th man from $185

Game 3-
    General entry from $35
    Bronze from $45.88
    Silver from $91.76
    Gold from $127.44
    18th man from $130

The honest answer to that is the QRL are treating it's fans like chumps.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:09 am

So when NSW can't sell out a 93k stadium it's because we lack passion and we get a tidal wave of spunk from QLD supporters circle jerking saying that they wouldn't have that problem in QLD. Then when QLD can't sell it out its ticket pricing? Are you guys the NSW selectors? Because you can't stick with a side.

Are the ticket prices so high because the stadium doesn't hold enough and they're trying to recoup as much as they can?

I paid $175 for two games in NSW and when I went to QLD I paid $80 for one game. So it's close to the same when I actually went.

Regardless to ticket pricing you would think they're not THAT expensive that you couldn't sell out a smaller venue. I understand why families can't afford to go as paying for 4 tickets is quite high.

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:12 am

Instead of the lowest ticket pricing for areas can you get the average ticket pricing? That'd probably give a better indicator rather than cheapest tickets in each area. Being that Suncorp is a better viewing venue the lowest in each area would probably be vastly different viewing experiences.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:21 am

Supply and demand.
    Less seats = More expensive tickets.

dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:49 pm

Jokes aside: that's getting expensive
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:46 am

Not to mention the fact that there are heaps more options for things to do in Sydney, where as in Brisbane, really, there is fuck all else to do.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:09 am

dasherhalo wrote:Jokes aside: that's getting expensive

It's starting to become that way.

Flights cost me $600 return which is pretty mental.

I wasn't even in Sydney for 24 hours for Game 1.

At least with Game 3 I'm flying to Melbourne, seeing the Cats play Swans, watch the UFC with mates, then drive up to Sydney Game 3 on Wednesday and Swans V Hawks on the Thursday then jet back for Warriors V Manly over here in Perth. That's a lot of sport over a week.

------------

Morris out, Walker to centre. Bird to the bench for his debut.

I feel this gives the side a lot better balance but the quality drops with our 3rd choice centre marking Inglis.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:19 am

I don't mind Walker to centre - I thought they would have gone with Carty to bench.
    Walker is actually a really good centre when he is on - we lose a bit in defence but gain a bit in attack. I dont hate it at all. I might even prefer having walker in centre over morris.

Bird on the bench is a bit different, I hope they plan on actually using him to play back row/centre/hooker instead of just chucking him on with 8mins to go in the game. It wouldnt shock me if he didnt get on at all.

I'm guessing this means that Dugan isnt playing this weekend or he would have been brought in?

Sounds like you have a good few days coming up HS, jealous!

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:33 am

Its funny how NSW doesnt play games with injury/illness like QLD always do.
    If someone is hurt in the NSW camp - you know that they are genuinely hurt.
    If someone is hurt in the QLD camp, its always said with their tongue hanging out the side of their mouth.

PS I am fucking loving the new faces in the NSW this year. It's great for our future even if we dont win this year's series, which is looking more and more likely.

Reynolds
    Walker (shit pick as a bench utility but at least he is playing centre now)
    Moylan
    Mansour
    Frizzell
    Graham
    Bird

With the young core of Fifita, Klemmer, Cordner, Woods, Dugan, Jackson (who I dont think should be there) as well - im loving how the side will look in a few years. Plus carty floating around

Thats 7 blokes picked in the side to debut this series (ignoring graham's suspension) - and its only game 2. Im loving it. All we have to do is bring Tedesco in somewhere and we look like we are in good shape. I wouldnt even mind tedesco bring put on the wing over Fergo, or on the bench, or at fullback with moylan on the bench/playing 6 when he starts to do it at club level. You just cant leave a player like Tedesco out of the side.

Not so excited about this year's series prospects of winning - but so happy to see they are moving past older guys like Scott/Hoffman as well as Pearce (and Gallen soon) - and bringing in great young guys.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:28 pm