NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

State of Origin Game 2

Honeysett
    Honeysett

State of Origin Game 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: State of Origin Game 2

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:27 pm

Bren wrote:

Because we are both champions?

Coffee

Champion dickheads. Razz

To show you the extent of QLD winning since I've turned 18 I've only witnessed one NSW series victory. I'm now 28. One series win. Fuck. Sake.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:28 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Better than pissing on a seat.
    State of Origin Game 2 - Page 18 13516321_10209907755314650_6973341101191712326_n

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:31 pm

Your Name wrote:
    State of Origin Game 2 - Page 18 13516321_10209907755314650_6973341101191712326_n

Is that Greg Bird's brother or something? lol!
    Lebbo73

Post by Lebbo73 Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:13 pm

Ice wrote:Gould smashing Gallen without saying his name, and probably bird and Farah. All three should go.
    Yeah. Gallen had a pretty ordinary game in the halves.

Seriously though, my understanding is that Gallen will not be part of game 3 if he lost last night. Bird and Farah are past it. Surely Tedesco has to come in, as others have mentioned.
    It has gotten to the stage were at times I have nearly become a NSW supporter. I was watching game and saying why did you kick then with an overlap or what the fuck was that kick into the grandstand when they tried to put it ingoal. Farah is so used to losing, even his normal game lacks any authority or confidence.
    Five years ago I would of been on Sportal hanging shit on you fellas. A small part of me wants to but I just can't. If I was in the same situation I would be devastated. I was distraught at about the 60th minute mark of game 3 in 2006 when I was certain NSW was going to win their 4th series in a row!
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:30 pm

Credit where it's due, when you sit back and have a look at the stats 10/11 is absolutely phenomenal. Some of the best players to ever play the game are in that QLD unit and they all make themselves better players. All the shit slinging and calls of the refs favouring QLD etc are flare ups due to the passion that comes with Origin.

Phenomenal effort from QLD. Kudos.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:36 pm

Ah bloody Daley still crapping on about want players around the team for a while before they are selected so it isn't a big shock. Hello Dickhead, a culture shock is what's needed!! Bringing players into the current culture run by idiots thinking close enough is good enough will mean nothing will ever change.

Sack Daley now, bring in Cleary and a heap of new players
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:41 pm

Honeysett wrote:

I respect your opinion but don't agree with it. I think Reynolds is the guy to stick with.

I don't think Reynolds had a great series.

A lot of that may have had to do with the game plan he was playing under, but he barely did anything other than kick the ball, and he didn't do that as well as he's capable of.

Mostly I'm just frustrated that the second half last night showed that NSW are completely capable of scoring tries against QLD, and it baffles me why we haven't tried doing so more regularly over the past 3 years
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:44 pm

Im also over this "picking players in exactly their club position. Qld don't do that, haven't for years, they just pick the best players and find a spot for them. We should do the same and for mine the backline 1-7 MUST include the following guys long term somewhere:

Moylan
    Tedesco
    Mansour
    Bird

I'd support keeping Jennings on the left as he is classy even if he had a shocker in game 2. He was one of our best in game 1 and in previous series.

I can't come at Fergo anymore, I just think we have other guys we must fit in before him. Same for Dugan.

If you want Dugan in there (which personally I don't because he is a risk game to game with injuries which results in instability and is a shit bloke to boot), then I'd pick him before Fergo.

I think we have a few variables given the injury to Reynolds:

I think either Bird or Moylan should be shifted to 6. I think both have the class to be long term Origin players.

If you stick with Moylan at 1, which I would, then Bird is the 6 and Teddy goes onto the wing. I think Mansour and Teddy bring the ball back as well as anyone and Moylan can be a good link for either.

If you go Moylan at 6, then Teddy is my 1, and Bird continues to either play the utility if you bring Leilua in or he goes to right centre.

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:44 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I don't think Reynolds had a great series.

A lot of that may have had to do with the game plan he was playing under, but he barely did anything other than kick the ball, and he didn't do that as well as he's capable of.

Mostly I'm just frustrated that the second half last night showed that NSW are completely capable of scoring tries against QLD, and it baffles me why we haven't tried doing so more regularly over the past 3 years

He hasn't been bad. No game has he been bad. He's was OK in the first one just a bit nervous, he was good in the second. I really enjoy the kicks one the 2nd tackle to get the ball down our end, it shifts momentum and the times he did it arrested the tempo away from QLD.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:56 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Reeks of roid rage.

Can pretty much call off the investigation into who it was......

Between 9 seasons of origin and 16 with the Sharks, I'm pretty sure Gallen has learnt by now not to punch stuff after losses, otherwise he'd have bigger financial problems than Nathan Tinkler.

Could have been a trainer for all we know. Non story even if it was a player. Presumably there is footage of who it is from the security camera, and that person should just get a bill from the Suncorp Stadium manager who should hopefully get a tradie mate to do it and have a nice chunky markup and callout fee on the bill. If the cameras don't pick up who it was then send the bill to the NSWRL.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:59 pm

Dip wrote:

Between 9 seasons of origin and 16 with the Sharks, I'm pretty sure Gallen has learnt by now not to punch stuff after losses, otherwise he'd have bigger financial problems than Nathan Tinkler.

Could have been a trainer for all we know. Non story even if it was a player. Presumably there is footage of who it is from the security camera, and that person should just get a bill from the Suncorp Stadium manager who should hopefully get a tradie mate to do it and have a nice chunky markup and callout fee on the bill. If the cameras don't pick up who it was then send the bill to the NSWRL.

My money would be on Bird, was there any smashed glass around the area?
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:09 pm

Honeysett wrote:

My money would be on Bird, was there any smashed glass around the area?

Nah none. But that could be because her girlfriend's forehead caught all of it.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:20 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Parents are English,.  Live in Australia but go back every year.   Dad also loves his football tournaments.  
    Been to the last 5 World Cups,  and I think 3 of the last 4 Euros.
    part English are you mate? Sorry about that, would never of guessed with the amount of knowledge and humility you have! That is awesome, can't wait for my kids to be self sufficient so I can afford a few tourneys in the future! hope they will be cheering on the Welsh lads on Saturday mate
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:30 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Peats is coming off the bench for the Titans, he's not our answer at the moment. We've not slim to no options at 9. Farah played brilliantly when he ran the ball last night, I don't know why he stopped.

Tamou needs to go as well or at least be told his spot is under fire. 4 runs for a starting front rower is poor, very poor.

Jennings, Tamou, Gallen, Bird would all not be there if it was up to me. I'd bring in guys like Cartright, Peachey, Wade Graham, RCG is a player for future years.

What impressed me last night is the young guys were out best players, frizz was epic, Moylan played well, Bird looked comfortable. I'd even play him at halfback in game 3 to give him more game time. This game has to be about building to the future, who gives a fuck about a dead rubber get a head start on next year.
    agree with this mate, the loss was hard to take but at least showed the youngsters who will Likely be NSW stalwarts now like Friz And Bird have the stones to compete and excel at the highest level, get Ted in there, give BJ another go, The turbos, Carty etc just need the long term rake in soon but none of the options at present sceams out to be as a 5-10 year option at the top table
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:34 pm

Welshy wrote:
    part English are you mate? Sorry about that, would never of guessed with the amount of knowledge and humility you have! That is awesome, can't wait for my kids to be self sufficient so I can afford a few tourneys in the future! hope they will be cheering on the Welsh lads on Saturday mate

Well I was born in Australia and have lived my whole life here, but am English by descent and have a UK passport.

Don't know who they'll be cheering on, but its most likely they'll be neutral and just hoping for a good game. although they watched the England vs Wales game last week at a fanzone with fans of both teams and said the Welsh fans were great so they might have a soft spot.

Getting to tournaments is a blast. I've been to the World Cups in Germany and South Africa, plus the Asian Cups in Thailand (and Australia last year although that doesn't count as travel) and they've been great. Germany in particular was a blast - they were just so well setup for it in almost every regard, and the atmosphere is amazing
    Now that I've got kids that's all been put on hold for a while - but I'll be planning on boycotting Qatar anyway - hopefully by the next one I'll be ready to hit it up again.
    Lebbo73

Post by Lebbo73 Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:40 pm

Honeysett wrote:
    Bullshit Honeysett. Pick Pearce ffs. He is QLD's 18th man! Beer
    How long do you back the wrong player? Geez mate you call us idiots and you would pick Pearce again.

Reynolds didn't assert himself into the game? Did he not put Frizzell through for his try? Did he not put the kick in for butter fingers.
    Lebbo73

Post by Lebbo73 Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:47 pm

Honeysett wrote:If ever there was a testiment to this game being a game of inches this series is it.

Josh Morris getting to the line but not getting it down (allegedly)
    Frizz just not getting to Gagai in time.
    Jennings an inch away from not being a dickhead.
    Come on man. Do you seriously believe he scored even though the camera angles were quite conclusive? Because if you do, it is time to throw away that old Rank Arena TV.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:23 pm

Lebbo73 wrote:
    Come on man. Do you seriously believe he scored even though the camera angles were quite conclusive? Because if you do, it is time to throw away that old Rank Arena TV.

The camera angle they were rocking and rolling was after he got it down. If they pull it back a few seconds to first impact he's already scored.

The touch judge was right there, he reacts the same time as Ferguson.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:36 pm

Laurie Daley said this today

"At the end of the day, it’s a game. It’s disappointing we lost but what will be, will be."

No wonder we cant win those moments that require a little more effort, those Origin moments that QLD win every time. No matter what happens no-one around the QLD team would every say a comment like that.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:13 pm

Shanbon wrote:Laurie Daley said this today

"At the end of the day, it’s a game. It’s disappointing we lost but what will be, will be."

No wonder we cant win those moments that require a little more effort, those Origin moments that QLD win every time. No matter what happens no-one around the QLD team would every say a comment like that.

"Origin football is dead"

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:19 pm