NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

State of Origin Game 2

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

State of Origin Game 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: State of Origin Game 2

Post by ryno_ Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:16 am

Milchcow wrote:

All hitups aren't equal.  Depends heaps on how good the preceding hitup and play the ball were.

It's like the stat that the year souths won,  since ridiculous percentage of they tries were scored on the back of a Gurrgess PTB,  he gave an advantage to anyone running after him.  

As equal as you can make it - certainly more equal then a kick return which could be 20m before contact or catch and get slaughtered after 2 steps. Every hit up has the defence a set distance away, until kick returns.

Take the big dropout that went 60m on the fly, compared to the shanked dropout that Scott caught at the 30 and ran 5m before hitting the defence.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:16 am

SI wrote:
    Was the context of Bren's comment in relation to a straight out avatar bet with No Worries or something?

It's the way he carries on like a child. Goes over the top with multiple posts. Type of reaction you'd expect from a 12 year old playing COD.

@ice
    Jennings cost us the game last night, the bad pass for Gagai's try when we were all over QLD. Straight after half time he rushing up and tackles no one for Gagai's second. Then the finger tip fuck up, I can understand going for that because you go for the try and don't know who's behind you buy the defensive errors were horrible.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:16 am

Milchcow wrote:

I can almost guarantee that that stat is recorded, along with a host of other stuff that is only provided to the paying customer (ie the clubs)
    It definitely is. I remember Trent Robinson referencing it last year possibly in relation to JWH?

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:24 am

Honeysett wrote:

It's the way he carries on like a child. Goes over the top with multiple posts. Type of reaction you'd expect from a 12 year old playing COD.

Pfft, is that it? Have a cup of cement and harden up. All I'm doing is celebrating an amazing feat in another QLD origin series win. How easily you have forgotten that when NSW won a series in 2014 I congratulated all NSW supporters on the forum (much like you did this year) and said they were deserving winners and the champions for that year (which they were). I even recall several posters commenting on that fact and saying well done.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:29 am

Maybe he will be doing this, but if I were Daley I'd be on the phone today to some fringe young guys saying "I'm looking to inject some new blood for game 3 and carrying over to next year. I want guys who can perform under pressure so the point of this phone call is to put pressure on you and see how you go when you know there's a lot at stake. I want you to put in a man of the match performance and force me to pick you for game three. I want a 9/10 performance this week and next week. Another couple of solid 7/10 performances won't cut it and another guy I'm having the same conversation with will get the jump on you and lock their position in for the next few games - like Frizell did last night".

It doesn't necessarily mean this round's games are the sole selection games, but spell out pressure on them and see how they go. Guys like Carty, Peats, Teddy, BJ etc should get that same message.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:34 am

Dip wrote:Maybe he will be doing this, but if I were Daley I'd be on the phone today to some fringe young guys saying "I'm looking to inject some new blood for game 3 and carrying over to next year. I want guys who can perform under pressure so the point of this phone call is to put pressure on you and see how you go when you know there's a lot at stake. I want you to put in a man of the match performance and force me to pick you for game three. I want a 9/10 performance this week and next week. Another couple of solid 7/10 performances won't cut it and another guy I'm having the same conversation with will get the jump on you and lock their position in for the next few games - like Frizell did last night".

It doesn't necessarily mean this round's games are the sole selection games, but spell out pressure on them and see how they go. Guys like Carty, Peats, Teddy, BJ etc should get that same message.

That is exactly what he should do, but I highly doubt he will. Hasn't he already come out and said that he won't be making any changes to the squad for game 3 or he won't blood any new players or something? Gallen and Farah don't deserve to be there for game 3 however Daley will select them to send them off hopeful game 3 winners after all their years of service.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:35 am

Bren wrote:

Pfft, is that it? Have a cup of cement and harden up. All I'm doing is celebrating an amazing feat in another QLD origin series win. How easily you have forgotten that when NSW won a series in 2014 I congratulated all NSW supporters on the forum (much like you did this year) and said they were deserving winners and the champions for that year (which they were). I even recall several posters commenting on that fact and saying well done.

That's because the series before you got slammed for being a twat or was it the series after? There's celebrating a win and there's posting 5 times being over the top and a twat.

Considering you put $300 on NSW to win as well. You remind me of Homer when the isotopes start winning and he goes from zero to a thousand, over the top and childish. It's not hard to act with some form of humility.

----

I think the QLD arrogance was there for all to see in the game last night, didn't go for goal when they were up by 12, fuck I was hoping it would cost them badly. Wasn't to be.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:36 am

Dip wrote:Maybe he will be doing this, but if I were Daley I'd be on the phone today to some fringe young guys saying "I'm looking to inject some new blood for game 3 and carrying over to next year. I want guys who can perform under pressure so the point of this phone call is to put pressure on you and see how you go when you know there's a lot at stake. I want you to put in a man of the match performance and force me to pick you for game three. I want a 9/10 performance this week and next week. Another couple of solid 7/10 performances won't cut it and another guy I'm having the same conversation with will get the jump on you and lock their position in for the next few games - like Frizell did last night".

I'd love to see that happen but i'm doubtful that Daley has the stones to do it.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:41 am

Peats is coming off the bench for the Titans, he's not our answer at the moment. We've not slim to no options at 9. Farah played brilliantly when he ran the ball last night, I don't know why he stopped.

Tamou needs to go as well or at least be told his spot is under fire. 4 runs for a starting front rower is poor, very poor.

Jennings, Tamou, Gallen, Bird would all not be there if it was up to me. I'd bring in guys like Cartright, Peachey, Wade Graham, RCG is a player for future years.

What impressed me last night is the young guys were out best players, frizz was epic, Moylan played well, Bird looked comfortable. I'd even play him at halfback in game 3 to give him more game time. This game has to be about building to the future, who gives a fuck about a dead rubber get a head start on next year.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:42 am

Honeysett wrote:
    That's because the series before you got slammed for being a twat or was it the series after? There's celebrating a win and there's posting 5 times being over the top and a twat.
    Considering you put $300 on NSW to win as well. You remind me of Homer when the isotopes start winning and he goes from zero to a thousand, over the top and childish. It's not hard to act with some form of humility.
    Salt Salt
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:43 am

ryno_ wrote:

Take out kick returns from those numbers...

Woods - 11 runs for 87m
    Tamou - 3 for 20m
    Klemmer - 7 for 64m
    Fifita - 7 for 39m
    Gallen - 11 for 89m

McGuire - 10 runs for 80m
    Scott - 8 for 69m
    Lilyman - 9 for 72m
    Papalii - 12 for 137m
    Parker - 15 for 136m

Tamou and Fifita in particular, those are terrible numbers.

I like to watch the game. Despite what the stats say (and they are certainly right about the first 2 I list), Papalii, Parker and McGuire were easily the 3 best running forwards in the game. I reckon Lillyman was probably the fourth best too. You know your forwards have gone well when Matt Scott has played his typical strong game and is probably the least good forward. Special mention to Lillyman. He is always an afterthought for rep games and the last man picked or first one left out, but always puts in a fantastic performance. Fair to say if he was a NSW'men he'd never have been picked, but on the times he's played he'd have usually been in their best 2-3 running forwards. Just knows his role and does it to perfection.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:44 am

Honeysett wrote:
    Peats is coming off the bench for the Titans.

Incorrect. Peats is named to start this week for the Titans. Nathan Friend is coming off the bench this week.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:57 am

Bren wrote:

Incorrect. Peats is named to start this week for the Titans. Nathan Friend is coming off the bench this week.

Sweet, he's been coming off the bench or he'll be back on the bench the point is the same. He's not a 80 minute NRL player at the moment let only at rep level. He's not the answer at this point in time.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:58 am

Honeysett wrote:

Peats is coming off the bench for the Titans, he's not our answer at the moment. We've not slim to no options at 9. Farah played brilliantly when he ran the ball last night, I don't know why he stopped.

Tamou needs to go as well or at least be told his spot is under fire. 4 runs for a starting front rower is poor, very poor.

Jennings, Tamou, Gallen, Bird would all not be there if it was up to me. I'd bring in guys like Cartright, Peachey, Wade Graham, RCG is a player for future years.

What impressed me last night is the young guys were out best players, frizz was epic, Moylan played well, Bird looked comfortable. I'd even play him at halfback in game 3 to give him more game time. This game has to be about building to the future, who gives a fuck about a dead rubber get a head start on next year.

Young blokes were great, so it's not all bad. If you're going to put Jack Bird in the halves you'd put him 5/8 though and Moloney at half. Personally I wouldn't, but it's a tough decision if Reynolds is injured. I'd hate to see Moylan shifted to 5/8 without having played there at NRL level. I think Teddy should be fullback, and unfortunately for Moylan he might just be that unlucky bloke who is a fantastic player, but has a better player ahead of him so doesn't play many origins - like Matty Bowen or Scott Prince.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:59 am

Bren wrote:

And he started last week and played 55 and it is only a matter of time before he is fully comfortable in the Titans systems and playing 70+ and he is our best option going forward for years to come as he is only 25. Get him the fuck in there.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:04 am

Ice wrote:

And he started last week and played 55 and it is only a matter of time before he is fully comfortable in the Titans systems and playing 70+ and he is our best option going forward for years to come as he is only 25. Get him the fuck in there.

Agreed. Cheers
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:05 am

Dip wrote:

Young blokes were great, so it's not all bad. If you're going to put Jack Bird in the halves you'd put him 5/8 though and Moloney at half. Personally I wouldn't, but it's a tough decision if Reynolds is injured. I'd hate to see Moylan shifted to 5/8 without having played there at NRL level. I think Teddy should be fullback, and unfortunately for Moylan he might just be that unlucky bloke who is a fantastic player, but has a better player ahead of him so doesn't play many origins - like Matty Bowen or Scott Prince.

I think he started to show why he's going to be a gun player for many years to come. Teddy needs to be there but you can't drop a young bloke who's been good enough. Shift Dugan to left centre, J Bird to right and Teddy off the bench. Get him ready for Origin because he'll be there in years to come. Moylan will transition to 5/8 over time.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:07 am

Why can't NSW select Peats at #9 and have Jack Bird come off the bench and spend some time there? Maybe even Josh Reynolds could play that utility role? He is made for origin, so much passion.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:09 am

Re our pack, I really liked Friz'z game but his running metres didn't reflect that and I think that Gallen and Bird are a big part of that with their selfishness. I would have liked to see some more carries from Friz, but I think his effort and commitment were great and he should be a mainstay now for a number of years, it was a heartening effort.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:09 am

Ice wrote:

In place of who? Farah? For Game 3? He'll get run off his feet and slammed for it, that's not a way to bring a guy in I don't think. His confidence would be shot if he doesn't have the motor to go 80 in Origin and question marks will be put on him instantly.

Daley will pick the same players and we'll go round in circles chasing our tails again and again. Which is fucked, blood some young guys. Graham needs to be there game 3, we picked him for game 2. Drop Bird for Graham at least.

JT and Smith can only play for so long and our young guys are looking the goods. That's our saving grace.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:52 am