NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Hayne Quits NFL

Pieman
    Pieman

Hayne Quits NFL  - Page 7 Empty Re: Hayne Quits NFL

Post by Pieman Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:19 am

Dip wrote:Yeah I agree it'd be nice to see him at Parra, but by the same token I can't blame him. After everything that's gone on at Parra, his fans would expect him to be the saviour to all their problems, and apparently their history for third party deals isn't great. Hayne could pretty much get any third party deal he wants legitimately, so why risk his reputation by getting his name dragged through the mud due to poor administration.

100% a fair point.

Does anyone else think its a little dodgy that he went to the NRL owned titans though?
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:19 am

Vossy's realised that there are no Titans games on free-to-air for the rest of the regular season and Fox Sports is the only place to watch Jarryd Hayne until Finals. He is absolutely Michael Hutchence-ing himself into a paste on twitter.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:37 am

ryno_ wrote:Vossy's realised that there are no Titans games on free-to-air for the rest of the regular season and Fox Sports is the only place to watch Jarryd Hayne until Finals. He is absolutely Michael Hutchence-ing himself into a paste on twitter.

was just thinking this. they will rival the broncos now for the amount of FTA games they will get with hayne in the side.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:40 am

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/sports/jarryd-hayne-reveals-new-gold-coast-contract-includes-free-pill-press-and-sleeve-tatt/
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:44 am

playing this weekend too apparently
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:46 am

Pieman wrote:

100% a fair point.

Does anyone else think its a little dodgy that he went to the NRL owned titans though?

Nah. It's always been his dream to be a Queenslander.

In seriousness though, I think most people would agree with their roster, the Titans are probably as likely to have cap space as anyone. With that being the case, a top 8 team in a nice place to live is probably a pretty inviting option. He's shown he's prepared to travel, so god knows what his next contract will be worth in 2019.

Interesting that he's eligible to play from this weekend. A couple of games under the belt and they might cause some damage in the bottom half of the top 4.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:53 am

Pieman wrote:

100% a fair point.

Not dodgy that he's going there....but I must say the NRL approval of the contract went remarkably smoothly!
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:39 pm

moving forward to next year, i'm sure hayne will be a huge success on and off the field

with a month left till the finals, i'm not sure he really reflects that this year, he has shown athletically that he is very capable of working hard enough to get his body into the shape it is needed for that sport and i'm sure he has been preparing for a late season bid for a while now

but still been away from league for a while and across all 3 codes, his total minutes of live action is minimal since he left, its gonna take him a while to be up for a whole 80 minutes imo
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:46 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Not dodgy that he's going there....but I must say the NRL approval of the contract went remarkably smoothly!

What was answer to TPA's at Parramatta ? Or is another Storm players know nothing ?
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:07 pm

I think Hayne to the Titans is a win for everyone involved. Hayne gets a fresh start in a team that will play finals footy, the Titans get a marque name and a great footy player, NSW get their best player back, and Parra dont go back 2-3 years in spending all their cash on a great fullback with no halves or hooker. I might be in the minority but Parra need a 9 and 7 way more then a great fullback, they already have long term options/depth in that area.

On the NRL they again have hurt Parras chance of signing someone(like they did with Folau) they wont finalise what Parra can spend this year or in future years even though its been months (hence why parra cant announce any re-signing/new signing or make marque players offers) yet somehow they have approved the GoldCoast deal that includes a huge amount of TPAs in a day
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:19 pm

Shanbon wrote:I think Hayne to the Titans is a win for everyone involved. Hayne gets a fresh start in a team that will play finals footy, the Titans get a marque name and a great footy player, NSW get their best player back, and Parra dont go back 2-3 years in spending all their cash on a great fullback with no halves or hooker. I might be in the minority but Parra need a 9 and 7 way more then a great fullback, they already have long term options/depth in that area.

On the NRL they again have hurt Parras chance of signing someone(like they did with Folau) they wont finalise what Parra can spend this year or in future years even though its been months (hence why parra cant announce any re-signing/new signing or make marque players offers) yet somehow they have approved the GoldCoast deal that includes a huge amount of TPAs in a day

Im with you on this Shanbon. Everyone knows I love the Plane and the Eels, and I am gutted in many respects that he isn't coming to us, but I can also see the upside for the Eels.

As to people bagging him for not coming back to us. If we had the best offer on the table or even if we were within 100k or two, then i would be furious, but I don't think we should have been spending any more than 800k on him, so 1.2million, you can't begrudge a guy that sort of cash and anyone that knocks him and says they wouldn't have done the same need to give themselves an uppercut.

The thin i am most worried about is how this will affect how much we pay Norman. Will the Dragons up there offer knowing they can't get Hayne, will Norman ask a little ore knowing the eels can't get Hayne and he is ow the hottest player on the market. My understanding is Norman has agreed to terms at 3 years 2.2 million and that is about right for him based on his form this season. Can anyone confirm this has been signed off on yet?

I do think the most stinky thing about all this is how seamless it has been for a CLub funded and fully supported by the NRL to make this happen and I don't think it would have happened for any other side. 've no doubt whatsoever that Greenberg has had a sneaky chat to either Hayne or Beavis and said "If you want to play this year, this is the place you need to guy and we will ensure your get all the money we promise" Good for the Titans not having to worrying about the NRL uncovering dodgy third party payments form themselves.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:38 pm

Did I not read here, or somewhere else that Hayne would never play for an NRL club other than the Eels? please correct me if I am wrong.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:59 pm

In fairness, I don't know if you can call Parramatta a "NRL club" at the moment...
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:10 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Did I not read here, or somewhere else that Hayne would never play for an NRL club other than the Eels? please correct me if I am wrong.

Nah, he said if he came back it would be to parra if they wanted him, and Para hadn't officially tabled an offer, just the speculation in the paper that an offer was approved to be tabled. People are making waaaay too much of that statement. IF the Eels had tabled an offer even close to what the Titans had I think he would have come back to them, you could here his regret in the presser, but the reality is the Eels weren't even close to the 1.2million the Titans offered and you can't begrudge a guy that sort of pay day. At least i can't.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:44 pm

I might actually drive to the GC more often now just to watch a few Titans games.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:46 pm

Bren wrote:I might actually drive to the GC more often now just to watch a few Titans games.

You wont be the only one, most watchable guy in the league. Titans to sell out thee next home game if Hayne plays.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:04 pm

Ice wrote:

Nah, he said if he came back it would be to parra if they wanted him, and Para hadn't officially tabled an offer, just the speculation in the paper that an offer was approved to be tabled.  People are making waaaay too much of that statement.  IF the Eels had tabled an offer even close to what the Titans had I think he would have come back to them, you could here his regret in the presser, but the reality is the Eels weren't even close to the 1.2million the Titans offered and you can't begrudge a guy that sort of pay day. At least i can't.

The simple fact is Hayne's PR team has been in overdrive ever since he made the decision to leave the Eels. I guess its up to the individual to decide if you are getting played or not.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:30 pm

Money talks. Always has always will.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:44 pm

Bren wrote:I might actually drive to the GC more often now just to watch a few Titans games.

Car pool?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:08 am

Shanbon wrote:I think Hayne to the Titans is a win for everyone involved. Hayne gets a fresh start in a team that will play finals footy, the Titans get a marque name and a great footy player, NSW get their best player back, and Parra dont go back 2-3 years in spending all their cash on a great fullback with no halves or hooker. I might be in the minority but Parra need a 9 and 7 way more then a great fullback, they already have long term options/depth in that area.

I'd say the NRL are well within their rights to be dirty on Parramatta and drag their feet.

It's like a wife who cheats on you (with someone ugly) you're hurt but you're going to move on, she wants to sell the house because she needs money so she can be with other people but you don't need it as much as she does, so you drag your feet and want to cause them more pain for the embarrassment they can caused you. In short, fuck em.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:23 am