NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

Pieman
    Pieman

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

Post by Pieman Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:08 pm

Krump wrote:
     At least if he's here they're in charge of his training and workload. Fuck signing him for next year on huge money then letting him go and get injured playing Rugger in France.

If him playing for 6 months in France of Japan this year/to start next year - means signing with Parra next year, I would be more than happy with it.
    There is just too much termoil at the club at the moment, If I was hayne, I would want to distance myself from it as much as possible. Start again next year when they have a shot

He may be in peak physical condition, but is it condition that suits league?
    Chicks Dig It
    Chicks Dig It

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

Post by Chicks Dig It Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:00 am

So are the Eels massively under the cap for next year now?

NRL said they were about 600k odd over the cap this year?
    Watbro's retirement essentially will take care of that, but they've also lost Peats, Paulo, Gordon, Morgan from the cap. If Foran walks out they should be millions under the cap next year right?

No reason why they cant sign Hayne and go on another spending spree? or have i got it wrong?

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:04 am

So that sex tape video - someone mentioned there were drugs involved? Were they Norman's drugs?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:22 am

Bren wrote:So that sex tape video - someone mentioned there were drugs involved? Were they Norman's drugs?

The drugs they got from the crim?
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:57 pm

So Norman was convicted today after pleading guilty to two drug charges.

Have done a little bit of reading and it seems MDMA was not long ago reclassified by WADA as it is unlikely to be used as a doping agent, but not sure if it still carries any sort of suspension. I think it only applies to In-Competition testing. I assume that means game day testing (which this wasn't).

You'd think Parra would have to step him down for a little while though since he pleaded guilty.

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:03 pm

Dip wrote:So Norman was convicted today after pleading guilty to two drug charges.

Have done a little bit of reading and it seems MDMA was not long ago reclassified by WADA as it is unlikely to be used as a doping agent, but not sure if it still carries any sort of suspension. I think it only applies to In-Competition testing. I assume that means game day testing (which this wasn't).

You'd think Parra would have to step him down for a little while though since he pleaded guilty.

100%

Considering he didnt test positive to anything, they cant suspend him based on using the drugs. Just from being caught in posession. He will be suspended a few weeks and prob fined.

Dip

Post by Dip Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:30 pm

Pieman wrote:

100%

Considering he didnt test positive to anything, they cant suspend him based on using the drugs. Just from being caught in posession. He will be suspended a few weeks and prob fined.

As far as I know, under WADA rules being caught in possession is the same as being caught with a positive sample. Pretty sure just before the last Olympics a cyclist (maybe Jobe Dejka) was caught by a cleaner at the AIS with vials under his bed and he got suspended as if he had a positive sample. The same thing came out in the Lance Armstrong case that you don't need a positive drug test to be found guilty.

Of course there will be the usual argument about it being recreational rather than performance enhancing, but since you get suspended for taking a leak in public or drink driving, then I can't see the NRL allowing a drug conviction to go without a club suspension.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:35 pm

Dip wrote:

As far as I know, under WADA rules being caught in possession is the same as being caught with a positive sample. Pretty sure just before the last Olympics a cyclist (maybe Jobe Dejka) was caught by a cleaner at the AIS with vials under his bed and he got suspended as if he had a positive sample. The same thing came out in the Lance Armstrong case that you don't need a positive drug test to be found guilty.

Of course there will be the usual argument about it being recreational rather than performance enhancing, but since you get suspended for taking a leak in public or drink driving, then I can't see the NRL allowing a drug conviction to go without a club suspension.

Ok fair enough.
    Yeah I cant see him getting off. Could see him getting suspended for the rest of the year even.
    After playing so well this year, he is really fucking himself over by being a dumb cunt. Why would any club want him if the bloke is so stupid? He is a walking media headline now whether he likes it or not
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:27 pm

The substance tested as MDMA and a muscle relaxant. Who wants to bet that muscle relaxant was amyl nitrate ?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:48 pm

Officially stood down for Round 19 at this stage.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:53 am

No Worries wrote:The substance tested as MDMA and a muscle relaxant. Who wants to bet that muscle relaxant was amyl nitrate ?

Last time I checked MDMA is illegal? Yet @Shanbon has described it as "nothing illegal" lol!

What a dope.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:05 pm

Bren wrote:

Last time I checked MDMA is illegal? Yet @Shanbon has described it as "nothing illegal" lol!

What a dope.

Good try we are talking about naming players in videos like Norman and Seggy were (for the "sex tape")while the same media wont name a Broncos player doing illegal drugs in a video. How you tried to go from video footage to his drug charge got me beat.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:10 pm

Shanbon wrote:

Good try we are talking about naming players in videos like Norman and Seggy were (for the "sex tape")while the same media wont name a Broncos player doing illegal drugs in a video. How you tried to go from video footage to his drug charge got me beat.

Please link me to this video or any article that directly names the Broncos player being found guilty of doing illegal drugs. Has he been found guilty of taking drugs yet? If not then do the smart thing and give him benefit of the doubt.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:05 pm

Bren wrote:

Please link me to this video or any article that directly names the Broncos player being found guilty of doing illegal drugs. Has he been found guilty of taking drugs yet? If not then do the smart thing and give him benefit of the doubt.

Who does everyone reckon the Bronco drug cheat is? Has there been any speculation yet. Boyd perhaps, he is dumb cunt, maybe McGuire, doesn't get much dumber than him. Will be interesting to see.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:19 pm

Ice wrote:

Who does everyone reckon the Bronco drug cheat is?  Has there been any speculation yet.  Boyd perhaps, he is dumb cunt, maybe McGuire, doesn't get much dumber than him. Will be interesting to see.

This is the thread where we discuss the drug users at Parra. There is another thread to discuss the alleged drug takers at the Broncos. Note - All NRL player (club is irrelevant) are innocent until proven guilty.

Also McGuire is 2x State of Origin series winning champion.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:00 pm

Bren wrote:

This is the thread where we discuss the drug users at Parra. There is another thread to discuss the alleged drug takers at the Broncos. Note - All NRL player (club is irrelevant) are innocent until proven guilty.

Also McGuire is 2x  State of Origin series winning champion.

I'll discuss whatever I like thanks Bren, I was just curious as to who people think it will be. I also wonder if the Broncos will do an Andrew Gee with it and sweep it.

Not sure what McGuires Origin winning record has to do with him be a mildly retarded dumb fuck, but anyway.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:18 pm

Ice wrote:

I'll discuss whatever I like thanks Bren, I was just curious as to who people think it will be. I also wonder if the Broncos will do an Andrew Gee with it and sweep it.

Not sure what McGuires Origin winning record has to do with him be a mildly retarded dumb fuck, but anyway.

So McGuire would fit in well in the NSW camp then eh? Razz

Rolling Laugh
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Ice wrote:

Who does everyone reckon the Bronco drug cheat is?  Has there been any speculation yet.  Boyd perhaps, he is dumb cunt, maybe McGuire, doesn't get much dumber than him. Will be interesting to see.
    I reckon it'll come out that it's an old video, and the player was Corey Norman.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:26 pm

Dip wrote:
    I reckon it'll come out that it's an old video, and the player was Corey Norman.

Yeah, could be, but if so, given he is already in the media for drugs and sex tapes for me he no longer makes sense as an extortion target. He'd just say, "yeah, whatever, go your hardest, can't get much lower for me"

To that end I reckon it's an existing Bronco, likely non-rep level yet.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:33 pm

Bren wrote:

So McGuire would fit in well in the NSW camp then eh? Razz

Rolling Laugh

Well given he is a bigger retarded dumb fuck than anyone from NSW, I'd suggest he might even be Captain.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:35 pm