NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

Pieman
    Pieman

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:13 am

Dip wrote:

Yeah they could claim it.

Of course, if the money came from illegal source, e.g. drug money, then that could be different. But I'm sure Norman doesn't associate with drug dealers, illegal bikie gangs or firearms traffickers...

I got to say, making rumours is fun. Perhaps Norman wasn't receiving money in a brown paper bag. Maybe it was steroids. Or maybe there was counterfeit Pokemon cards in the bag.

If they can claim it, why doesnt every business everywhere do it in order to bring their tax down?

Yeah thats what I was getting at with my post before...
    The money needs to be off the books so they pay it to him in cash
    Dip

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

Post by Dip Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:18 am

Pieman wrote:

Im not sure, but if it does - no one is bigger than the game. I want hayne back just as much as anyone, but IMO announcing his signing for next year would bring as much hope to Eels fans as anything.

If I was him, I would be playing union in france or japan or what ever until next season starts anyway, if he is even planning on coming back at all.

Yeah I generally agree with this, but I think there are a very unique set of circumstances here, particularly with Foran asking for a release/retiring.

I don't exactly know how it works, but I assume you have to always have 25 players in your top roster for salary cap purposes. If Foran is released (at Foran's request rather than the club), then I'm guessing they have to promote someone from the second tier, and increase their pay to minimum contract, and then also have to promote another player to the second tier cap. I don't see why that can't come from outside the club rather than internal promotions, especially since they're not signing someone from another club in the NRL.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:20 am

Pieman wrote:

If they can claim it, why doesnt every business everywhere do it in order to bring their tax down?

Yeah thats what I was getting at with my post before...
    The money needs to be off the books so they pay it to him in cash

Because the tax is only coming down by the marginal tax rate (30% for a company for example), not by what they pay as deductions. For example, paying sponsorship of $10K will only reduce tax by $3000, so they will still be $7K out of pocket.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:23 am

Dip wrote:

Because the tax is only coming down by the marginal tax rate (30% for a company for example), not by what they pay as deductions. For example, paying sponsorship of $10K will only reduce tax by $3000, so they will still be $7K out of pocket.

Fair enough

In cases like sponsorship etc though they would make the gap up through exposure etc etc tho hey? Or that would be the plan anyway

Last edited by Pieman on Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:25 am

Pieman wrote:

Fair enough

In cases like sponsorship etc though they would make the gap up through exposure etc etc tho hey?

Yep. Basically it's advertising. In your example if the nightclub spends $20K in sponsorship, they hope they'll get $20K+ profit from being associated with the players.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:29 am

Dip wrote:

Yep. Basically it's advertising. In your example if the nightclub spends $20K in sponsorship, they hope they'll get $20K+ profit from being associated with the players.

Yep plus the 6k tax exemption
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:13 pm

Hoppa was getting at least 50k in off the books payments from Eddie Obeid Jr...
    amazing.

Honestly, parra are lucky that they only lost points for this year and have only been fined a million.
    If australia/the NRL had a decent system set up, they could relegate the eels for the next 5 years or something.

Norman and Mossop having their 3k rent a month each covered too - off the books I assume.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:34 pm

All of these things were known months ago when the investigation was done and its all part of the same report the NRL put out. The papers arent digging up anything new they are just releasing old news one day at a time to sell papers. What was it 3mil over 5 years or something so thats a lot of players receiving payments they can just release as they need a sales uptick.

On Nolan i can guarantee nothing will happen to him, it would of already happened with the other officials involved (remember he was a club employee not a player manager). Its funny how the eye witness report that buried the club isnt good enough to bury a Broncos favourite. Any manager that asked for or club offical that paid cash should be buried, it just never happens.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:15 pm

Sex video of Norman being shopped to media for $150k
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:06 pm

Bren wrote:Sex video of Norman being shopped to media for $150k

Apparent drug use involved and James Seggy present as well.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:42 pm

Fuck me dead surely not hahahha

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:53 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Apparent drug use involved and James Seggy present as well.

Seggy present or involved ? Haven't seen mention of a 3rd party in the video.

EDIT: Seggy's doing the drugs while Norman BBQ's

dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:22 am

Dead set. This is painful.
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:35 pm

Pieman wrote:

Well if its cash from a third party in brissy he would have to get the cash there some how
    Considering he is a player agent he would be in sydney a fair bit

Nolan isn't a player Agent, he is a Recruitment Manager. He spent decades with the Broncos before he came to the Eels and then returned again to the Broncos.

Laugh at people trying to say he only started his dodgy offerings of cash to get players to sign at the Eels and has since returned to being squeaky clean at the Broncos.

That's Gold!!
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:07 pm

On Hayne, the June 30th deadline doesn't apply as he isn't a registered NRL player. The rule only applies to registered players. But any team could sign any Joe Blow of the street at any point if he is uncontracted and they have cap space, as the Eels will have if the release Foran. To be honest, I don't see why Hayne couldn't sign for match payments of say 20k. That values him at $500k which is about right given he has been out of the game for 2 years. Then he can sign a bigger deal for next year. Probably only need to put about half a mil on the cap anyway as he could easily get legitimate sponsorship of $1m a year anyway.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:12 pm

When is Normans court date for holding drugs for his best criminal mate?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:25 pm

Ice wrote:On Hayne, the June 30th deadline doesn't apply as he isn't a registered NRL player.  The rule only applies to registered players.  But any team could sign any Joe Blow of the street at any point if he is uncontracted and they have cap space, as the Eels will have if the release Foran.  To be honest, I don't see why Hayne couldn't sign for match payments of say 20k. That values him at $500k which is about right given he has been out of the game for 2 years. Then he can sign a bigger deal for next year.  Probably only need to put about half a mil on the cap anyway as he could easily get legitimate sponsorship of $1m a year anyway.

Honestly, I wouldnt even want him for this year.
    There are fuck all games left in the season, the side wont make the finals, Norman is potentially about to be gorne through signing with another club or through disciplinary stuff. Why risk a potential injury for the sake of making fans happy for a few weeks.

They are better off signing him for the start of next season when the bloke can get a preseason under his belt, or where he can go make some cash in a short space over in japan or france or whatever in the mean time.

code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:46 pm

Bren wrote:When is Normans court date for holding drugs for his best criminal mate?

Tomorrow
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:50 pm

Pieman wrote:

Honestly, I wouldnt even want him for this year.
    There are fuck all games left in the season, the side wont make the finals, Norman is potentially about to be gorne through signing with another club or through disciplinary stuff. Why risk a potential injury for the sake of making fans happy for a few weeks.

They are better off signing him for the start of next season when the bloke can get a preseason under his belt, or where he can go make some cash in a short space over in japan or france or whatever in the mean time.

At least if he's here they're in charge of his training and workload. Fuck signing him for next year on huge money then letting him go and get injured playing Rugger in France.
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:16 pm

He is in peak physical condition, as Krum says, I'd rather him get back into it now thatn risk an injury playing elsewhere, and Hayne has won 8 straight to get us to a GF before, so no reason why he cant do it again Very Happy

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 pm