NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Ice

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. Empty 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Ice Tue May 09, 2017 11:49 pm

The whole forum is a debacle without a more up to date Eels thread.

We are going ok, no major catastrophes yet, bit of a slump when Corey was out but going ok now and a realistic chance of the eight barring injury.

Will be interesting to see if we get Moses this year and if he helps. I'm not against the signing,  it the jury is still massively out him. Glad we didn't trade Gutho to tigers to get him early. I like the Evans siging for next year ands some depth and has big upsides if he fulfills his potential.

Don't see any point trying to lure Hayne back and it seemingly won't happen, but would love to see the return of Peats.

Last edited by Ice on Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by No Worries Fri May 26, 2017 12:34 am

40/20 =0
    LB = 0
    TA = 0
    Points = 0
    Runs = 9
    Meters = 51
    Missed tackles = 3

Can't say he isn't consistent
    :pp:
    Ice

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Ice Sat May 27, 2017 3:14 pm

No Worries wrote:40/20 =0
    LB = 0
    TA = 0
    Points = 0
    Runs = 9
    Meters = 51
    Missed tackles = 3

Can't say he isn't consistent
    :pp:

Only took a full week of training with the boys before a 3 Dally M point game. Decent early signs but a long way to go.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:57 am

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. 18814341_10154749887983517_5426673817965061356_n
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:45 pm

Its funny.
    Has a team ever had the most over rated player in the league AND the most under rated player in the league at the same time before?

Fuck me dead Gutherson is good.
    Fuck me dead Moses is the most over rated entitled little punce I have ever seen play.

Last edited by Pieman on Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:47 pm

NSW could 100% do worse than pick Gutherson in the team, can play anywhere that kid and has a crack every game.
    Really enjoy watching him play. Will be interesting to see where he plays when Norman is back. Fullback I assume and french goes to the wing? Hoff or Ava gone?

Post by Guest Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:48 pm

Pieman wrote:Its funny.
    Has a team ever had the most over rated player in the league AND the most under rated player in the league at the same time before?

Fuck me dead Gutherson is good.
    Fuck me dead Moses is the most under rated entitled little punce I have ever seen play.

100 X a like!
    wizard333

Post by wizard333 Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:30 pm

I see the whinging schoolgirls at the Tigers still can't get over losing Moses. You're really going to chuck tanties when Tedesco, Woods etc go. Get over it you bunch of bleeding pussies.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:23 am

wizard333 wrote:I see the whinging schoolgirls at the Tigers still can't get over losing Moses.  You're really going to chuck tanties when Tedesco, Woods etc go. Get over it you bunch of bleeding pussies.

We are fucking wearing blue and gold every time Moses runs out. We didn't lose him champ, we took the offer off the table and you were the only chumps willing to sign him. As for Woods and Tedesco, the money it has freed up and what we have done with it outweighs what we lost. Yes Teddy is a bummer and would have preferred him, but it's provided a more balanced team which is what was needed.
    wizard333

Post by wizard333 Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:39 am

Of the four players you lot were going to build a premiership threat around, you've kept one. Well done champ. A more balanced team ? We'll see how that goes in 2018. Matulino and Lolohea are very ordinary in a very ordinary Warriors side. Lolohea has never been able to hold down a spot in that rabble. Packer will find it difficult maintaining his form in a poor Tigers pack. Good luck.

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:05 am

No Worries wrote:

We are fucking wearing blue and gold every time Moses runs out. We didn't lose him champ, we took the offer off the table and you were the only chumps willing to sign him. As for Woods and Tedesco, the money it has freed up and what we have done with it outweighs what we lost. Yes Teddy is a bummer and would have preferred him, but it's provided a more balanced team which is what was needed.

I thin the only loss of the 4 is Teddy. The money it frees up will go along way to retention and new purchases. I'm not a fan but Josh Reynolds will do wonders for the club!

I cannot believe the eels were dumb enough to sign Moses.. I laugh about it still nearly every day. I thought BA was smarter than that. Gutherson for a "winger" is close to their best player if not their best. They were doing fine with the French, Guth, Norman, Pritchard combo. Its a shame that one of those talented players is going to have to miss out to let the glorified turnstile play.. Such a shame.

Ice

Post by Ice Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:28 am

I guess we will see how it turns out for the Eels with Moses. I wasn't doing cartwheels when he was signed, but I'm not losing sleep over how it is going. Arthur will continue to work on his defensive issues, that is where Arthur is a sound one on one coach. Taylor was all about attack and was a bad fit for Moses. I'm prepared to bide my time before I judge the signing.

That said, I love what Gutho brings to the table, massive fan and not sure where he plays, but I don't think he will ever be a premiership winning half.

Back to Moses, it was not a great read at all last night with that Mannering try, but I also think the player inside him should have been closer. If you look at the numbers the warriors had outside, Moses actually had numbered up ok, but the warriors simply had the extra guy.

In attack, there was two crucial plays late in the game were Moses had called for the ball but Smith went away from him. The first one, Moses ran from strong to weakside and created a two man overlap but the play the ball was slow and went the other way, had he got the ball ive no doubt we would have iced (non pun intended) the game there. A couple plays later, Smith dishes it to a forward on the last who had a wall in front of him and was never going to get through when again, if he'd gone to either Moses or Gutho, options were there.

I think he kicked well last night also and never shirked defensive work.

He is a long way off, but I think when Norman returns and he can play the game Arthur wants him to play we will start to see him improve sharply.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:14 am

Moses - all flash no fire as gould put it in commentary.
    Johns is 100% correct too, he needs to put some weight on big time. If he can bulk up a bit he will be fine but fuck he was ordinary this week.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:15 am

Surely the team is better with Gutherson at fullback and french on the wing????
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 am

Does sterlo take his teeth out when he is commentating for channel 9? Fuck he has a bit if a slur sometimes
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:02 pm

Pieman wrote:Moses - all flash no fire as gould put it in commentary.
    Johns is 100% correct too, he needs to put some weight on big time. If he can bulk up a bit he will be fine but fuck he was ordinary this week.

Agree he needs to bulk up and he will a bit. He wasn't ordinary. Couple of ordinary plays but otherwise he was ok, not ripping, but not terrible. Did enough to assist us in the win.

Again, it's this syndrome that if a guy who gets some media attention doesn't have a blinder, he's been terrible, like you can't just have an ok game with a couple of mistakes.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:03 pm

Pieman wrote:Surely the team is better with Gutherson at fullback and french on the wing????

Agreed
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:50 pm

Ice wrote:

Only took a full week of training with the boys before a 3 Dally M point game. Decent early signs but a long way to go.

Only took 2 full weeks for him to get back to consistent
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:34 am

Two wins on the trot, I'll take it.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:33 pm

I'd be happy with 2 wins

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:09 am