NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

Ice

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

Post by Ice Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:16 pm

Pieman wrote:So Norman was getting cash payments in a carpark for Parra... wow

http://www.zerotackle.com/norman-allegedly-given-cash-payments-in-car-park-22818/

Probably still would be but Nolan is now with the Broncos, so it's likely he wouldn't want to make the trip all the way to Sydney to drop off the cash. More than likely, he's just dropping the cash off to the Broncos boys now.

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:26 pm

Ice wrote:

Probably still would be but Nolan is now with the Broncos, so it's likely he wouldn't want to make the trip all the way to Sydney to drop off the cash. More than likely, he's just dropping the cash off to the Broncos boys now.
    So Parra are paying the Broncos players wages?

Thanks for that.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:03 pm

Bren wrote:
    So Parra are paying the Broncos players wages?

Thanks for that.

No I'm just saying clealry Nolan is a willing participant in rule bending and there is no reason to believe he'd change his ways under the Broncos. That is assuming people think given cash to players is suspect.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:23 pm

Ice wrote:

Well if its cash from a third party in brissy he would have to get the cash there some how
    Considering he is a player agent he would be in sydney a fair bit
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:21 am

If the Broncos have "unlimited 3rd party sponsors" , as is the usual claim, why would they need to pay players in brown paper bags?

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:17 am

Dip wrote:If the Broncos have "unlimited 3rd party sponsors" , as is the usual claim, why would they need to pay players in brown paper bags?

Because we ran out of rubber bands and money clips?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:51 am

Dip wrote:If the Broncos have "unlimited 3rd party sponsors" , as is the usual claim, why would they need to pay players in brown paper bags?

Because some of the TP's may be cash businesses.

Eg. Nightclub owner has 40k in cash that it doesnt want to declare. Tells the players manager it will sponsor player xyz but wants to keep it off the books. "I'll sponsor this guy if he and his boys come to my club a few times a year etc". Here is 20/30/40k so it happens.

Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:08 am

I love Bronco bashing as much as the next guy but this could be a new record for the quickest change of subject ever.
    Well played Ice Clap
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:18 am

Pieman wrote:

Eg. Nightclub owner has 40k in cash that it doesnt want to declare. Tells the players manager it will sponsor player xyz but wants to keep it off the books. "I'll sponsor this guy if he and his boys come to my club a few times a year etc". Here is 20/30/40k so it happens.

That's not how you launder money. that's just transference
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:22 am

Pieman wrote:

That makes no sense, because then he doesn't get to claim the deduction for the sponsorship which would be a legitimate tax deduction. In that example he should just bank the $40K and pay the same amount as sponsorship.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:34 am

Dip wrote:

That makes no sense, because then he doesn't get to claim the deduction for the sponsorship which would be a legitimate tax deduction. In that example he should just bank the $40K and pay the same amount as sponsorship.
    Rookie mistake pretending to know what you're talking about on this subject on a forum full of accountants Laugh 3

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:35 am

Hayne fails to make the cut for the Fiji squad for the Olympics. How soon until he is back at Parra?
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:44 am

Bren wrote:Hayne fails to make the cut for the Fiji squad for the Olympics. How soon until he is back at Parra?

For round 19 I hope.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:46 am

Bren wrote:Hayne fails to make the cut for the Fiji squad for the Olympics. How soon until he is back at Parra?

11 days too late

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:46 am

Dip wrote:

For round 19 I hope.
    Why not. Im sure they can afford another $1Million dollar fine for cheating the salary cap twice in the one season. Maybe they could hand Hayne brown paper bags of cash in the Maccas car park when they are doing their drop off to Normzy.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:47 am

Your Name wrote:

11 days too late
    Sounds like your girlfriends period.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:52 am

Your Name wrote:

11 days too late

Does that rule apply to all signings, or just from another club? Even if it is for all signings, then I reckon they should make an exception for a 2 time Dally M medallist.

As for salary cap issues, isn't it rumoured Foran has asked for a release? I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to have Hayne's salary no more than Foran's if they grant that release conditional on Hayne being allowed to sign for them. I'd guess their excess over the cap has already been sorted with Paulo, Peats and Watmough going.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:01 am

Dip wrote:

Would sponsoring a national sporting organisation be a tax deduction? Its not a local sporting team or what ever. Like, when eg a business sponsors a team to be their major jersey sponsor for 200k or something, they couldnt claim that 200k as a tax deduction could they?

Anyway, I dont know the ins and outs of it, being a cash business was just a thought as to why they would pay someone in cash.

I mean, its basically paying someone to advertise their brand on a national stage
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:11 am

Pieman wrote:

Would sponsoring a national sporting organisation be a tax deduction? Its not a local sporting team or what ever. Like, when eg a business sponsors a team to be their major jersey sponsor for 200k or something, they couldnt claim that 200k as a tax deduction could they?

Anyway, I dont know the ins and outs of it, being a cash business was just a thought as to why they would pay someone in cash.

Yeah they could claim it.

Of course, if the money came from illegal source, e.g. drug money, then that could be different. But I'm sure Norman doesn't associate with drug dealers, illegal bikie gangs or firearms traffickers...

I got to say, making rumours is fun. Perhaps Norman wasn't receiving money in a brown paper bag. Maybe it was steroids. Or maybe there was counterfeit Pokemon cards in the bag.

P.S., please make sure you see your local Chartered Accountant or CPA to do your tax this year rather than doing it yourself Pieman. Very Happy

Last edited by Dip on Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:12 am

Dip wrote:

Does that rule apply to all signings, or just from another club? Even if it is for all signings, then I reckon they should make an exception for a 2 time Dally M medallist.

Im not sure, but if it does - no one is bigger than the game. I want hayne back just as much as anyone, but IMO announcing his signing for next year would bring as much hope to Eels fans as anything.

If I was him, I would be playing union in france or japan or what ever until next season starts anyway, if he is even planning on coming back at all.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:01 pm