NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

Ice

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

Post by Ice Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:35 am

Well, the season just gets better and better for us Eels fans.

Lets see how the boys aim up this week against the Roosters.

Surely though we have a bit of change in the cap for next year now. Im not convinced Hayne will be back next year, if at all, so who to target and who would come.

Foran will be back with the Dogs or Roosters for sure next year.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Cap cheating, pill popping Eels in CRISIS 2016 thread

Post by Pieman Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:29 am

Does this not reek of the match fixing scandal coming to bite blokes back?
    I mean, none (I think) of the blokes mentioned in it are playing at the moment are they?

Or his depression has been sparked from the guilt from the match fixing and the impending implications coming from it.

I know its just speculation but still..... its like his Mrs found out about the cheating and gambling/match fixing and left him.
    His life fell apart, possible legal action coming too.. his good guy image is now fucked and all of a sudden he is depressed because of it all.

I too can see him just being signed by the roosters next year when he is "Healthy" enough all of a sudden to sign a lucrative deal with a glamour club.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:46 am

Yeah, might be an element of truth to that Pieman re the match fixing.

Interesting times indeed.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:28 pm

Far out. Even if you think the club deserves whatever comes their way, I doubt any football fan doesn't feel sorry for the Eels fans and what they've been left with. Just about the toughest thing would be that Peats was close to the first person they cut.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:32 pm

I just googled the story and I didn't realise his dad is the CEO of Walmart America and last year had a salary of $19.5M. He has just retired from one of the biggest contracts in the game. It's hard to imagine that money (whether it be signing a contract, gambling, or potential match fixing) is a huge motivating factor for him.

Sad story, I hope he gets whatever help he needs to improve.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:45 pm

Dip wrote:I just googled the story and I didn't realise his dad is the CEO of Walmart America and last year had a salary of $19.5M. He has just retired from one of the biggest contracts in the game. It's hard to imagine that money (whether it be signing a contract, gambling, or potential match fixing) is a huge motivating  factor for him.

Sad story, I hope he gets whatever help he needs to improve.

Yeah I was about to say that. Was not sure what company in particular but remember it was a MASSIVE american one.
    Even if his league career falls apart, there would be a cushy job waiting for him behind a desk in the business world somewhere thanks to his father.

Im sure money is not the issue for him, thats what I thought was so special about him. His family are multi millionaires, yet he decided to go his own route and focus on footy worked hard to get there and become one of the best in the game. He could have easily just sat back like a lot of rich boys and just coasted off the families wealth or had a job from his dad lined up.

Its funny tho, guys rich as fuck gambling. Its such a strange addiction. They dont need or want the money yet get the thrill from winning something. Usually just to gamble the winnings and lose it on the next thing.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:10 pm

Pieman wrote:

Yeah I was about to say that. Was not sure what company in particular but remember it was a MASSIVE american one.
    Even if his league career falls apart, there would be a cushy job waiting for him behind a desk in the business world somewhere thanks to his father.

Im sure money is not the issue for him, thats what I thought was so special about him. His family are multi millionaires, yet he decided to go his own route and focus on footy worked hard to get there and become one of the best in the game. He could have easily just sat back like a lot of rich boys and just coasted off the families wealth or had a job from his dad lined up.

Its funny tho, guys rich as fuck gambling. Its such a strange addiction. They dont need or want the money yet get the thrill from winning something. Usually just to gamble the winnings and lose it on the next thing.

Gambling is like any addiction - you just have to keep feeding it and feeding it til you get that little reward/buzz and then you want that buzz/reward again so you're back to feeding it and feeding it.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:29 pm

filthridden wrote:

Gambling is like any addiction - you just have to keep feeding it and feeding it til you get that little reward/buzz and then you want that buzz/reward again so you're back to feeding it and feeding it.

Yeah thats why I said its such a strange addiction.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:10 pm

So why the lifeless/scripted statement from the eels ?
    Sick of statements denying what is confirmed almost immediately.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:20 pm

I use to do a little
    but a little wouldn't do it
    so the little got more and more
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:49 am

Revraiser wrote:So why the lifeless/scripted statement from the eels ?
    Sick of statements denying what is confirmed almost immediately.

Its almost as if they think that the fans believe them..

Ice as an Eels fan, is watching Corey Norman playing the way he played last night good or bad?
    Like, its just a sign of what could have been hey?
    Hes been deadset brilliant this year, just about the only shining light on the season

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:12 am

Does anyone else find it funny that Norman has finally stepped up and played some decent footy in his contract year. Coincidence?
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:29 pm

Norman was good last year. I don't think Hayne would make that much difference to this team what Parra really need is an above avg halves partner for Norman. A good young hooker would help too. It's a pity Foran left after all the good halves re-signed not sure what they can do for next year unless someone gets released early from another club
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:52 pm

Shanbon wrote:Norman was good last year. I don't think Hayne would make that much difference to this team what Parra really need is an above avg halves partner for Norman. A good young hooker would help too. It's a pity Foran left after all the good halves re-signed not sure what they can do for next year unless someone gets released early from another club

Hayne at 6, Norman at 7?
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:00 pm

filthridden wrote:

Gambling addiction is almost always the result of other factors/issues in someone's life and a way of trying to shut those things out or escape them. It is rarely the first and main issue. It is why gambling is a human issue and the main focus for preventing it should be education as opposed to restriction and prohibition, which we know never works. Such a complex issue.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:05 pm

Pieman wrote:

Its almost as if they think that the fans believe them..

Ice as an Eels fan, is watching Corey Norman playing the way he played last night good or bad?
    Like, its just a sign of what could have been hey?
    Hes been deadset brilliant this year, just about the only shining light on the season

In such a shit year, he is the only thing that gives me hope. It's frustrating no doubt, I think if none of this had transpired, with the team we had and the way we were/are playing, we could have really been a contender. I think based on what we have seen we would have made the top 4 for sure. Before a ball was kicked I was hopeful we could scrape into the eight but we've seen what Arur can do with the boys.

As long as Arthur and Norman are there next year, I'm confident it won't be a horrible year.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:05 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Hayne at 6, Norman at 7?

Both need an organizer at 7. If Hayne comes it'll be at 1.

Interesting question for us Eels fans if you could only have one would you take Cronk or Hayne? (Not that cronk will ever leave melbourne)

I think the team would have a better chance of going all the way with Cronk more fun to watch with Hayne though.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:23 pm

Your Name wrote:Did Parra lose their points ? Just saw a table that had them 14th on 10 points. Been in Melbourne and haven't logged in for days.

24 hrs early dude. It happen today.......... or were you

Coffee
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:10 pm

Shanbon wrote:

Both need an organizer at 7. If Hayne comes it'll be at 1.

Interesting question for us Eels fans if you could only have one would you take Cronk or Hayne? (Not that cronk will ever leave melbourne)

I think the team would have a better chance of going all the way with Cronk more fun to watch with Hayne though.

I think if we had both we smash it! Probably what we need though is a solid organising 7 inside Norman and a good hooker more than we need the brilliance of Hayne at 1.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:43 pm

So Norman was getting cash payments in a carpark for Parra... wow

http://www.zerotackle.com/norman-allegedly-given-cash-payments-in-car-park-22818/

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 pm