NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5 - Page 39 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:03 pm

Is it just me or is everyone ending up with half a dozen broncs in their team? Rearranged it 30000 times and every time I sit back and look at it I’ve got way too many to feel comfortable about my team.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5 - Page 39 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:05 pm

my tv broke wrote:I'd be surprised if any NRL team was guarenteeing Kahu a fb gig, for reasons Kalkadoon posted. Maybe he's going to play centre. Badel is notoriously wrong about info

I don't understand the signing if it's to play centre. We've got Hampton, Oneill, Tuala, Bowen and Opacic as well as wingers that could push Nene inside. We don't need another centre, we need a fullback and Kahu fills that gap, but it's pretty underwhelming.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:16 pm

Maybe the Kahu signing is just for depth similar to Fensom going to the Broncos. Kahu is so injury prone & brittle & he's lost his edge.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:22 pm

White Lightning wrote:Maybe the Kahu signing is just for depth similar to Fensom going to the Broncos. Kahu is so injury prone & brittle & he's lost his edge.

Could be, on one of the news reports I read there was suggestions Broncos would contribute to salary.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:25 pm

Sick of this game getting dragged through the mud by these wankers in the media and the idiots who follow them with their offended opinions. I could be wrong but to my understanding there’s 480 players total on contract in first grade, if there’s been 6 players behaving poorly against women then that puts it at 1.25% of the playing group. Now don’t get me wrong, if players like De Bellend are guilty then I hope what he gave is returned to him 10 fold in jail. It seems that people who don’t even give a shit about this game are so willing to drag it down. The media is a lot to blame but the stupidity of society to call them out on bullshit is more so. There’s so many good blokes out there using their profile to better their community and it’s not worth the news. Can’t wait for the actual footy to start.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:40 pm

KalkadoonWarrior wrote:Sick of this game getting dragged through the mud by these wankers in the media and the idiots who follow them with their offended opinions. I could be wrong but to my understanding there’s 480 players total on contract in first grade, if there’s been 6 players behaving poorly against women then that puts it at 1.25% of the playing group. Now don’t get me wrong, if players like De Bellend are guilty then I hope what he gave is returned to him 10 fold in jail. It seems that people who don’t even give a shit about this game are so willing to drag it down. The media is a lot to blame but the stupidity of society to call them out on bullshit is more so. There’s so many good blokes out there using their profile to better their community and it’s not worth the news. Can’t wait for the actual footy to start.
    If they didn’t do the shit the media wouldn’t be able to report on it. There’s been some talk in other threads about licensing journos though and I’m all for that idea if it got rid of grubs like slothfield.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:10 pm

NRL.com - could be a new Cashy popping up. Don’t think it’ll happen though.

Player power is piling the pressure on Garth Brennan to pick 19-year-old front-rower Moeaki Fotuaika in his starting team when Gold Coast open their season against the Raiders.

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:21 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:NRL.com - could be a new Cashy popping up. Don’t think it’ll happen though.

Player power is piling the pressure on Garth Brennan to pick 19-year-old front-rower Moeaki Fotuaika in his starting team when Gold Coast open their season against the Raiders.

He's 403k already!
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:25 pm

filthridden wrote:Well fuck.

I've just realised that the Melbourne Good Beer Week gala session that I have a ticket for is the first Friday of the season.

I'll be drinking a reasonable amount from 5pm onwards.

Drunken trading/team tinkering that early in the season is going to be very costly. Sad

You goings to GABs? I'm thinking about heading over this year.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:11 pm

CubanMafiaSandSlugs wrote:How are we all? I've missed this forum, and you all. Took a year or so off. Good to be back.

Is my old mate @Mearcats still around? What about @Welshy and @SI? The good old days.

Good to see the great Milchy still running things and guiding this forum with his wisdom.

Looking forward to an entertaining 2019 of footy!

Cuban you beautiful man you! How's things fella? Great to have you back, hope all is well.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:32 pm

Honeysett wrote:

You goings to GABs? I'm thinking about heading over this year.

Potentially. Long way away yet though. Been getting into the beers a bit much lately. Hitting my waistline and wallet more than I would like :/
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:43 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:Big thing on NrL.com saying CS9 will spend some time away from hooker out of his position this year. They are remaining tight lipped but it is believed that he could spend some time behind the ruck as a ball playing lock to take the pressure off Munster and give BS9 some more time at hooker. BSmith might be a cheap bench option option this year if he can nab 30-40 minutes. They told Brandon they want him to play a lot more hooker this year.

Just means more TAs in my opinion although it would annoy me if he was to come off 10mins early if the result is beyond doubt
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:43 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:NRL.com - could be a new Cashy popping up. Don’t think it’ll happen though.

He's a bit of a PPM King, but if he starts then it's very juicy.

Start over Boyd I assume? Wallace would be safe, right.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:04 pm

my tv broke wrote:Pete "Badintel" Badel reporting that Kahu is in talks with Cowboys for immediate release to play FB.

I would probably put kahu at centre and hampton fb.

Any stats on him at fullback?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:05 pm

Milchy wrote:

Guess so, they have lots of big minute players though, so not sure where extra minutes would come from.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:05 pm

Milchy wrote:

The fact that he’s in discussion to start kinda makes me think that James is in the second row which seals my Arrow pick

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:07 pm

Alfie wrote:

Any stats on him at fullback?

Haha I just remember him killing it one game because Hodges was fullback in attack and centre in defence but the attack always went opposite Hodges and Kahu got 3 TAs from being at centre

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:14 pm

Alfie wrote:

Just means more TAs in my opinion although it would annoy me if he was to come off 10mins early if the result is beyond doubt

Watch Smith score 90 the first round to get us all tempted again
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:20 pm

KalkadoonWarrior wrote:Sick of this game getting dragged through the mud by these wankers in the media and the idiots who follow them with their offended opinions. I could be wrong but to my understanding there’s 480 players total on contract in first grade, if there’s been 6 players behaving poorly against women then that puts it at 1.25% of the playing group. Now don’t get me wrong, if players like De Bellend are guilty then I hope what he gave is returned to him 10 fold in jail. It seems that people who don’t even give a shit about this game are so willing to drag it down. The media is a lot to blame but the stupidity of society to call them out on bullshit is more so. There’s so many good blokes out there using their profile to better their community and it’s not worth the news. Can’t wait for the actual footy to start.

Crikey this came out of no where! P.S. I didn't dislike your comment. I think it's important though that the media sheds a lot on player behaviour these days. 1.25% might seem low but it really isn't acceptable and this off season is certainly the worst I have ever seen as far as severe incidents come. Without the media putting the spotlight on the players, there isn't enough motivation for the NRL to up its game and for the players to improve as a group. I was always taught at boarding school that everyone had to match a certain standard because its that 1.25% that can ruin a groups image. It isn't an excuse to ignore that 1.25%, everyone has to meet a standard and encourage each other to maintain that standard. Bring on the footy!!
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:41 pm

Feels good to get my avatar back in right before the trials kick in and we all ramp up the speculation (and more avatar bets).

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 10:49 am