NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

    Share
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 1771
    Reputation : 383
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Location : Isle of Man

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

    Post by GreenMachine on Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:56 pm

    @Krump wrote:The whole Brisbane pack has potential this year add in Milf as a gun half, Bird as a cow and Roberts who has potential to be a Centre keeper and its easy to see how you could end up with 6 of them.

    Good news for the hardcore, means many players we are against are locking in 4-6 players who don’t play the first bye round!
    Mighty Fishes
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5891
    Reputation : 1874
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 30
    Location : ><((((*>

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:58 pm

    @mattnz wrote:

    Unless JMK is not on the bench, making Holland the back up hooker (and starting center), not worth considering.


    Oh really?!? Tell me more
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 1771
    Reputation : 383
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Location : Isle of Man

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

    Post by GreenMachine on Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:59 pm

    @StormTrooper96 wrote:Who is everyone’s staples so far? So pretty much players who haven’t left your team 1-17 with the 2 million iterations.
    For me it’s probably
    TPJ, Murray, Stimson, Morgan, Capewell, Drinkwater/Hughes

    Only staples for me so far have been round 12 keepers & rookies

    Edwards
    Brown
    Murray
    Tolman
    Clifford/Morgan

    Outside of that Cook or Smith have been in every team and Macca at #14 in nearly iteration
    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 818
    Reputation : 190
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

    Post by mattnz on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:14 pm

    Raiders name B side, Eels name A team minus a few that are in rep sides... biggest things to note... CNK in B side, Eels haven't included Sivo at all. Anyone know why? Was really hoping he would be a bolter to make the first TLT.

    Raiders B

    Raiders Squad (alphabetical order)
    Brad Abbey
    Luke Bateman
    JJ Collins
    Emre Guler
    Siliva Havili
    Corey Horsburgh
    Royce Hunt
    Dan Keir
    Seb Kris
    Dunamis Lui
    Mathew Lyons
    Dean Matterson
    Jack Murchie
    Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
    Andre Niko
    Reuben Porter
    Tony Satini
    Bailey Simonsson
    Harley Smith-Shields
    Tom Starling
    Matt Timoko
    Ryan Sutton
    Sam Williams
    Hudson Young

    Eels A

    Daniel Alvaro
    Dylan Brown
    Rhys Davies
    Haze Dunster
    David Gower
    Clint Gutherson
    Josh Hoffman
    George Jennings
    Michael Jennings
    Oregon Kaufusi
    Shaun Lane
    Reed Mahoney
    Tim Mannah
    Tepai Moeroa
    Mitch Moses
    Marata Niukore
    Ethan Parry
    Junior Paulo
    Jaeman Salmon
    Peni Terepo
    Stefano Utoikamanu
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 1912
    Reputation : 609
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:17 pm

    @mattnz wrote:Raiders name B side, Eels name A team minus a few that are in rep sides... biggest things to note... CNK in B side, Eels haven't included Sivo at all. Anyone know why? Was really hoping he would be a bolter to make the first TLT.

    Raiders B

    Raiders Squad (alphabetical order)
    Brad Abbey
    Luke Bateman
    JJ Collins
    Emre Guler
    Siliva Havili
    Corey Horsburgh
    Royce Hunt
    Dan Keir
    Seb Kris
    Dunamis Lui
    Mathew Lyons
    Dean Matterson
    Jack Murchie
    Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
    Andre Niko
    Reuben Porter
    Tony Satini
    Bailey Simonsson
    Harley Smith-Shields
    Tom Starling
    Matt Timoko
    Ryan Sutton
    Sam Williams
    Hudson Young

    Eels A

    Daniel Alvaro
    Dylan Brown
    Rhys Davies
    Haze Dunster
    David Gower
    Clint Gutherson
    Josh Hoffman
    George Jennings
    Michael Jennings
    Oregon Kaufusi
    Shaun Lane
    Reed Mahoney
    Tim Mannah
    Tepai Moeroa
    Mitch Moses
    Marata Niukore
    Ethan Parry
    Junior Paulo
    Jaeman Salmon
    Peni Terepo
    Stefano Utoikamanu

    I'd say because Sivo is a pipe dream with Hoffman and Gennings definitely ahead, also a chance Bevan French
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 4488
    Reputation : 1210
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

    Post by Mulvy on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:21 pm

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    I'd say because Sivo is a pipe dream with Hoffman and Gennings definitely ahead, also a chance Bevan French

    Spoil sport. Very Happy
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 1771
    Reputation : 383
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Location : Isle of Man

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

    Post by GreenMachine on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:30 pm

    @mattnz wrote:Raiders name B side, Eels name A team minus a few that are in rep sides... biggest things to note... CNK in B side, Eels haven't included Sivo at all. Anyone know why? Was really hoping he would be a bolter to make the first TLT.

    Raiders B

    Raiders Squad (alphabetical order)
    Brad Abbey
    Luke Bateman
    JJ Collins
    Emre Guler
    Siliva Havili
    Corey Horsburgh
    Royce Hunt
    Dan Keir
    Seb Kris
    Dunamis Lui
    Mathew Lyons
    Dean Matterson
    Jack Murchie
    Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
    Andre Niko
    Reuben Porter
    Tony Satini
    Bailey Simonsson
    Harley Smith-Shields
    Tom Starling
    Matt Timoko
    Ryan Sutton
    Sam Williams
    Hudson Young

    Eels A

    Daniel Alvaro
    Dylan Brown
    Rhys Davies
    Haze Dunster
    David Gower
    Clint Gutherson
    Josh Hoffman
    George Jennings
    Michael Jennings
    Oregon Kaufusi
    Shaun Lane
    Reed Mahoney
    Tim Mannah
    Tepai Moeroa
    Mitch Moses
    Marata Niukore
    Ethan Parry
    Junior Paulo
    Jaeman Salmon
    Peni Terepo
    Stefano Utoikamanu

    Just on the “b side” I think you’ll find a lot of teams use first trial, as an actual trial.

    CNK and Allen for me fall firmly in that bracket of players they want to have a look at. Here’s hoping for decent matches from them both!
    badbetter
    badbetter

    Posts : 206
    Reputation : 54
    Join date : 2015-10-27

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

    Post by badbetter on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:39 pm

    The 14th of February marks a very important day on the calendar.
    It is exactly 1 month until the NRL Season starts. Bring it on!!!
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

    Posts : 1650
    Reputation : 916
    Join date : 2016-03-15
    Age : 98
    Location : Fishing, golfing or trolling.

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

    Post by Rabbit on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:41 pm

    Trials are to have a look at the up and comers, blokes that need a run and borderline players. There’s no A and B. I’d you look through all the trial teams, you’ll find first grade starters. It gets serious in 2 weeks.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 1771
    Reputation : 383
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Location : Isle of Man

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

    Post by GreenMachine on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:42 pm

    Big day for many!

    Missus mentioned “Valentines Day on Thursday”

    Asked who trained it and where it was running
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

    Posts : 1650
    Reputation : 916
    Join date : 2016-03-15
    Age : 98
    Location : Fishing, golfing or trolling.

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

    Post by Rabbit on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:42 pm

    Blokes like CNK are a must in all the trials. New club, new combos.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 1771
    Reputation : 383
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Location : Isle of Man

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

    Post by GreenMachine on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:47 pm

    @Rabbit wrote:Blokes like CNK are a must in all the trials. New club, new combos.

    Let’s hope the combo with Sam Williams and Havili isn’t too good! Leave them to Brad abbey
    Archer
    Archer

    Posts : 4882
    Reputation : 1187
    Join date : 2016-01-12
    Location : I think this displays

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

    Post by Archer on Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:44 pm

    @Rabbit wrote:Trials are to have a look at the up and comers, blokes that need a run and borderline players. There’s no A and B. I’d you look through all the trial teams, you’ll find first grade starters. It gets serious in 2 weeks.
    Yeah rabs is right. That's not the "b" raiders side. It's lacking a lot of the obvious picks, but blokes in there aren't ruled out of the starting 17 come Rd 1.
    Pat69err
    Pat69err

    Posts : 16
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2019-02-05

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

    Post by Pat69err on Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:45 pm

    Thoughts on Blayke Brailey? Worth having as bench option?
    badbetter
    badbetter

    Posts : 206
    Reputation : 54
    Join date : 2015-10-27

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

    Post by badbetter on Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:47 pm

    Always hard to pick an Eel but interested on peoples thoughts on potential upside for Gutho at 477k
    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 818
    Reputation : 190
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

    Post by mattnz on Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:56 pm

    Seeing unconfirmed reports...

    Wayne Bennett is set to make his first signing as head coach of the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

    The North Queensland Cowboys are set to release Ethan Lowe with him taking up a deal with Bennetts Bunnies from 2019 onwards.
    code delta
    code delta

    Posts : 1920
    Reputation : 797
    Join date : 2016-05-05

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

    Post by code delta on Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:57 pm

    @Rapture_NRL wrote:Would anybody have a 2nd Row of Arrow Matterson Murray if it meant going with Mahoney at hooker? I'd have to downgrade Matterson to get a decent hooker but tbh there's so much value in 2RF this year..

    Thinking about ignoring the 2RF value and just start with Arrow, Murray and TPJ. Think they are all slightly undervalued and saves trades as they should be season keepers.
    At hooker I have Hodgson and FAC. This means I'll be running with 3 cows in my 17 but ATM I think I'm happy to risk that to get 14 solid scoring players that don't have to be traded from the get go. (bring on the injuries)
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 4488
    Reputation : 1210
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

    Post by Mulvy on Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:59 pm

    @mattnz wrote:Seeing unconfirmed reports...

    Wayne Bennett is set to make his first signing as head coach of the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

    The North Queensland Cowboys are set to release Ethan Lowe with him taking up a deal with Bennetts Bunnies from 2019 onwards.

    Where are you seeing them. Sauce

    Edit: Wait I found it.

    https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/cowboys/cowboys-forward-ethan-lowe-to-sign-with-south-sydney/news-story/fdc23fa32b46b7f020c9ed7dfdc4fcf7


    Last edited by Mulvy on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 13883
    Reputation : 2971
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

    Post by Welshy on Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:59 pm

    @code delta wrote:

    Thinking about ignoring the 2RF value and just start with Arrow, Murray and TPJ. Think they are all slightly undervalued and saves trades as they should be season keepers.
    At hooker I have Hodgson and FAC. This means I'll be running with 3 cows in my 17 but ATM I think I'm happy to risk that to get 14 solid scoring players that don't have to be traded from the get go. (bring on the injuries)

    I can't see the big upside in Hodgson, his fantasy best is like 48? I'd rather Friend
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 4488
    Reputation : 1210
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

    Post by Mulvy on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:02 pm

    Player swap?

    Please be Corey Allan. Please, please.

      Current date/time is Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:50 pm