NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

RNGD Analytics
    RNGD Analytics

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5 - Page 21 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

Post by RNGD Analytics Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:18 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Im very interested in going back to Croft again.

I just finished writing an article on Croft (out tomorrow). I also find him intriguing!
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5 - Page 21 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:19 pm

RNGD Analytics wrote:

I just finished writing an article on Croft (out tomorrow). I also find him intriguing!

For now ive partnered him in the halves with Cleary. Hoping for good things this year.

I look forward to the write up
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:20 pm

Just reading nrlsctalk & a poster promoted this site. Even though it's a sc forum there were previous questions about nrl fantasy so he suggested our site for reference. It just proves this is the premium nrlfantasy site so well done all.
    RNGD Analytics
    RNGD Analytics

Post by RNGD Analytics Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:25 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

For now ive partnered him in the halves with Cleary. Hoping for good things this year.

I look forward to the write up

I initially mentioned him as a joke on small sample sizes when someone was talking about Munster. Then I looked into it and now he's in my team....
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:26 pm

Also WL ive taken on board your Cleary/Kikau partnership and raised it with a Mansour/Edwards partnership.

Panthers better start with a hiss and a roar or ill see ya in 2020

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:28 pm

White Lightning wrote:Just reading nrlsctalk & a poster promoted this site. Even though it's a sc forum there were previous questions about nrl fantasy so he suggested our site for reference. It just proves this is the premium nrlfantasy site so well done all.

Pookus has been bigging us up on supercoachscores as well

And by 'us' I actually mean all of the posters that are providing great info and insights - so, not me (etc) who post shit most of the time. Sorry about that btw
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:29 pm

White Lightning wrote:whereas LAM joins a soft pack. Normally this is good for fantasy but I don't think LAM will get the mins.

Warriors being considered a soft pack ~should~ actually bode well for LAM getting more minutes.

But I agree, I don't really see it happening.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:31 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:

Pookus has been bigging us up on supercoachscores as well

And by 'us' I actually mean all of the posters that are providing great info and insights - so, not me (etc) who post shit most of the time. Sorry about that btw

they come for the stats and stay for the sick bantz
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:51 pm

JDB doesn't have a passport while his criminal charge is on-going.
    I believe it's deferred til mid April or thereabouts?

Dragons are away to the Warriors on May 11th.
    I assume he'll either have it back/be going through court or get dispensation to travel with the team.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:53 pm

Titans Ryley Jacks has undergone a minor clean-out on his elbow that will keep him out of full training for at least two weeks
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:03 pm

If Lomax is on a wing he's no autoselect. From memory Lafai and Aitken are two of the biggest ball hogs going aren't they?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:09 pm

Mulvy wrote:If Lomax is on a wing he's no autoselect. From memory Lafai and Aitken are two of the biggest ball hogs going aren't they?

Lafai has an amazing offload in his game, the other can’t actually pass a ball properly even on the extreme rare chance he tries to.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:28 pm

Cap'n Ranta wrote:

We don't have a lot to go on form wise for now but they all fall in the same category of picks to me (trap). Low ceiling, low upside picks even if you are correct in the form/subjective analysis.  A.K.A. slow burning cows with respectable points per dollar spent. They won't be cut priced keepers and they wont generate the rapid early season cash to make your squad stronger.

I personally think the likely outcome of the small role change is that they will all fall somewhere between a 4-8 point improvement. You really want them to score 10+ above their current average for cash purposes but I also don't see any of them being top 5 options so the points/$ upside is limited.

Mitchell Moses (37.1 -> 47.1) - would be good for 9th best half of 2018
    - Unless we see a marked defensive improvement he has too many negative plays to be in the top tier of halves. For fantasy that means his cash generation will be super volatile as well (low games quickly halt fast price rises). Yes his kick m will go up and he may have a few more TAs in a stronger team but an extra 230 points (23 rounds x 10pt increase) needs to double his try assists (10 -> 20) and kick an extra 156m/game (229 -> 385km). Not impossible but I'd take the under on that easily.

Aaron Woods (39 -> 49) - 5th best FRF '18
    - Essentially banking on a return to career best form to have made the minimum cash you want from someone you wont keep. No upside and only risk in this pick. A poor mans Tolman, TPJ or Offa.

Josh Mansour (33 -> 43) - 6th best WFB '18
    - The only guy who I could entertain having more than a 10+ point upside. But then I look at other prolific try scoring wingers like Addo-Car, Oates, Vunivalu, Cotric, Nofo and '18 Rapana and all of them fall well short of this average (39.2 - JAC). Are you willing to put him up with guys like Rapana of '16 and '17. The offense won't flow through Mansour (too many mouths to feed on what should be a good attack) so I think his upside is limited.

In my initial teams I want cut price keepers, someone on the top 30 cash makers list or a gun. These guys don't really fit any of those bills. So while I don't think anyone on this list will disappoint you I strongly believe they won't help you win. But then again I'm more H2H focused and never win so if you like these guys go nuts  cheer

I do think these guys would make good draft picks though. Always a chance they are undervalued but not by enough in the classic format to pick for me.

Great post and the chat that ensued was super helpful. Moses and woods were just two I wanted to look at more closely but Mansour is one I'm strongly considering.

It's basically Mansour VS RTS atm for me. Rts weaker team this season but without Johnson should get more scope.

Any views on this?
    Buramada
    Buramada

Post by Buramada Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:29 pm

Krump wrote:
    This is purely anecdotal but I rate wingers much higher in terms of potential than centres. Centres may get a few more tackles but usually get less touches, less tries and less kick returns with a broken line to run at.

Cotric could well be named fullback, especially with the news of Wighton moving the 5/8. He would have to be highly considered then, right?
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:35 pm

Milchy wrote:
    FRF is the position giving me the most grief at the moment.

I really want Fifita as a set and forget option, but it really kills the salary cap elsewhere. Its hard trying to find good value.
    If NRL doesn't suspend Napa, might end up running Tolman+Napa (ideally with Fifita, possibly with someone like TPJ or Surgess)
    I have doubts around the hoe people have around Twal being starting lock, but that woul dmake things easy. Maybe trials/TLT will throw up a good option.

This is the one position I'm confident with. Haven't changed since my first draft. Offa and jbrom for me. If napa isn't banned it'll be him and jbrom with offa on the bench for DPP.

I just think the storm and dogs packs really need a big minute forward. I'm confident Jbrom can creep up closer to his 2016 and previous year average and Napa at a new club will want to hold on to his origin spot after a horrible offseason and there are minutes there for him to grab a larger role.

Offa I'm confident of being a 50 to 55 minute and 45 to 50 point scorer based on his stats in 50 plus minute games and nyc reputation of being a workhorse type forward.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:43 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Warriors being considered a soft pack ~should~ actually bode well for LAM getting more minutes.

But I agree, I don't really see it happening.

Warriors are used to having a big minute lock in Mannering. Can see that going to LAM or Tevaga.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:57 pm

Just realised today I didn’t have a back up hooker and found myself very interested in Koro again, especially with DPP in the halves. The hesitation there is Fainu still hanging around. Anyone got any insight on the plan there? Will Fainu likely take some solid minutes from Koro?
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:08 pm

White Lightning wrote:

But Vaughan went to a good team whereas LAM has gone to a poor team. Vaughan joined a gun forward pack whereas LAM joins a soft pack. Normally this is good for fantasy but I don't think LAM will get the mins.

That would suggest LAM is a better prospect. More work. Poor teams are bad for backs who rely on attacking stats whereas forwards need tackles and run metres. Not suggesting that LAM is actually a good pick, but Vaughan became the go to prop. It was so good watching Vaughan and Packer come on at the 20min and just wreak absolute havoc Beating Heart
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:09 pm

White Lightning wrote:Just reading nrlsctalk & a poster promoted this site. Even though it's a sc forum there were previous questions about nrl fantasy so he suggested our site for reference. It just proves this is the premium nrlfantasy site so well done all.

hahaha kind of don't want the publicity.. I need the upperhand in my cash league!
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:14 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:I require a mods assistance i think.

Im going to design a logo for the group and want to get some ideas from the crew.

Thinking of doing an american sports team style logo with an animal or creature as the base.

So will probably need a seperate page setup aswell as a poll for popular ideas.

Sorry im posting this here, it gets the most traffic

I've posted this in the mod thread - someone will be in touch

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm