NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2019 Thread Part 9

RandomSil
    RandomSil

NRL Fantasy 2019 Thread Part 9 Empty NRL Fantasy 2019 Thread Part 9

Post by RandomSil Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:18 pm

MTBs site
    www.nrlfantasy.com.au

NRL Fantasy Breaking News
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/23/fantasy-files-breaking-news-and-analysis-for-your-nrl-fantasy-team/

REGISTRATION HAS OPENED

2019 NRL FANTASY LEAGUE REGISTRATION

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t774-2019-nrl-fantasy-leagues-registration-thread

2019 VIRTUAL SPORTS DREAM TEAM REGISTRATION

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t773-2019-virtual-sports-dream-team-leagues-registration-thread
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL Fantasy 2019 Thread Part 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Thread Part 9

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:32 pm

GreenMachine wrote:
    I’d go the other way and suggest your biggest bench spend (unless going with 2 big hookers from the off), should be on a gun or potential gun FRF/2RF DPP

TPJ was ideal but looks a bit of a shaky pick. Leaves Taupau or Burgess. I’m currently taupau with weaker WFB than most

On bench make up there are a few different structures I am considering. With the way the emergency system works you ideally want a few DPP options you can put on the bench which allow you to choose the right cows instead of "coverage".

Grabbing a DPP FRF/2RF would be fantastic for coverage if they are a decent pick in their own right. Taupau/Surgess/TPJ are the obvious options. Sue/Twal/Eisenhuth/Hetherington are decent options pending TLT going well. Tatola/Sele/R.Hunt if you are going super cheap with minimal job security. Outside chance of DPP being added at TLT for Ofa/Arrow/Lowe but wouldn't rely on those options.

My line of thinking is just to grab the best cows, try to have coverage across all positions on the bench and trade as needed. Last year I started with 4 hookers in the 17 and it didn't seem to hurt in terms of depth.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:44 pm

Atm my bench consists of

Mahoney, Paulo, Leilua, Stimson

And then a bunch of base price WFB/CTR/HLFs
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:46 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

On bench make up there are a few different structures I am considering. With the way the emergency system works you ideally want a few DPP options you can put on the bench which allow you to choose the right cows instead of "coverage".

Grabbing a DPP FRF/2RF would be fantastic for coverage if they are a decent pick in their own right. Taupau/Surgess/TPJ are the obvious options. Sue/Twal/Eisenhuth/Hetherington are decent options pending TLT going well. Tatola/Sele/R.Hunt if you are going super cheap with minimal job security. Outside chance of DPP being added at TLT for Ofa/Arrow/Lowe but wouldn't rely on those options.

My line of thinking is just to grab the best cows, try to have coverage across all positions on the bench and trade as needed. Last year I started with 4 hookers in the 17 and it didn't seem to hurt in terms of depth.

Spot on. Have built many teams this year bench first.

I do like the idea of having one of Cam or Cook to go with bench including McCulloch and Mahoney. Macca might be tricky given I think a DPP gun in 14 looks so important due to forward issues. 

Burr is great for the squad but there’s no equivalent at prop. 

Having gun DPP, Burr and Nikora gives nice backrow depth in the new format and covers prop so you don’t have to burn a position on Hunt or Haas.

Radley is another OK priced 14-17 option at 200k cheaper than Macca and with DPP

I have toyed with Watson in 14-17 but don’t think you need to as there is enough interesting cheap WFB and Half cover. Keighran makes every version of my bench.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:50 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Atm my bench consists of

Mahoney, Paulo, Leilua, Stimson (Surgess sitting in FRF)

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:05 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Atm my bench consists of

Mahoney, Paulo, Leilua, Stimson

Currently Macca, Mahoney cheap cheap. Likely going down the zero FRF cover avenue that was mentioned in the last thread. Will risk it and take a look at what happens through the first couple of rounds.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:08 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:

Currently Macca, Mahoney cheap cheap. Likely going down the zero FRF cover avenue that was mentioned in the last thread. Will risk it and take a look at what happens through the first couple of rounds.

That's an interesting choice. I just don't think i can start with Cook/Smith this year. So expensive.

I will probably end up removing Paulo for someone like Burr and upgrading elsewhere
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:12 pm

Bit late to the party on this one, but I was just reading through the trial stats from Milchy, which I am most grateful for - thank you, sir - and I know you can’t read anything into trial stats, but one thing that stood out for me was Dylan Edward’s 8. Just wondering what the cause for this was. Did he only play really limited minutes, or was he just rubbish?

Thanks again for those stats. They could play a big part in finalising some of my selections after this weekend.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:14 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:

Same here in regards to zero FRF cover.
    trial injuries or TLT might provide an option, but I'm happy to take a wait and see approach for the first few rounds to see if an FRF cow pops up
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:21 pm

Well there goes my FRF cover haha
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:31 pm

Jurbo or Arrow? Other two 2rf are Tapine and Murray.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:38 pm

I'm gonna say Arrow mate. But if you love Jurbo then go ahead.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:42 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

That's the thing, I only want them if they are a decent pick in their own right. I'm happy to have Taupau in my team, but if he's on the bench that means I need to pick two more FRF's and I'm struggling to find more than one I want, unless you count Fifita, but if he's in then the rest of the team looks like dog shit.
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:42 pm

Fortitude wrote:Jurbo or Arrow? Other two 2rf are Tapine and Murray.

I like Arrow to start now, no 80 min hooker so either Brimson/Peats will always be on bench, with James to an edge with no match fitness, Boyd an under 40 min prop, 19 year old reserve prop, max king coming back from injury etc can see Arrow going hard in the middle for 65 mins at least.

Tapine is very much hot and cold, but is a round 12 target of mine. Needs 80 mins on an edge to match his average so comes with risk.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:44 pm

Fortitude wrote:Jurbo or Arrow? Other two 2rf are Tapine and Murray.

Arrow just because I think they'll score similar and Arrow's cheaper. Both will be in my final team, fantasy gods willing.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:46 pm

Dylan Walker will be stood down until he is due back in court which is May. via Ray Hadley
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:48 pm

WT2K wrote:Dylan Walker will be stood down until he is due back in court which is May. via Ray Hadley

That's a good start.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:53 pm

Wests Tigers will have half of their $750,000 fine suspended and will have the $639,000 cap fine spread over 2 years, meaning the club won't have to shed any players. CEO Pascoe will be able to return in 6 months (Sydney Morning Herald)

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:54 pm

BREAKING: @Cronulla_Sharks fined $250k ($500k discount for Barry Russell self reporting salary cap cheating) Also have to play $350k under cap for next 2 years.
    Shane Flanagan deregistered indefinitely
    Via rothfield
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:04 pm

WT2K wrote:BREAKING: @Cronulla_Sharks fined $250k ($500k discount for Barry Russell self reporting salary cap cheating) Also have to play $350k under cap for next 2 years.
    Shane Flanagan deregistered indefinitely
    Via rothfield

Wonder if that means removing Seggy or any other players

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:06 am