NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5 - Page 36 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:46 pm

I think Croft works better as a second receiver anyways. Gives him more chance to run and could open up the field a bit more and give him some lba’s to kaufusi.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5 - Page 36 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:48 pm

Rapture_NRL wrote:

Why is that bad news for Croft? Weren't his later games still with CS9?

Croft's poor scores early last year were, at least in part, due to Smith apparently not trusting him with responsibility and taking on a lot of responsibility.
    First 5 rounds he averaged 30 touches a game. From Rd 17 onwards it went up to 37 and his scores improved at this time as well.

If Cam Smith is out of hooker and hanging around playing as an extra playmaker, I can't see that being good for Croft's involvement.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:50 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:I know he is priced at 48 but with the pack the cows have and what all accounts are pointing towards of a more up tempto game style this year surely Hess can become an elite ball runner. Took a bit to get his fitness to 80 minutes a game, but now he is game fit and this IS someone who is a fantastic ball runner and knows how to find the try line I reckon he could bump that average up to 52-55 and 1.7% ownership. Not much chat for him.

Had Hess most of last season. He showed glimpses of being able to step up his work rate, but was offset by getting very few attacking runs. Was continually used as the dummy runner close to the line instead of getting the ball. Was really frustrating to watch.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:53 pm

Hey @mattnz that is true but cowboys were woeful last season, were tipped to win the lot and nearly won the spoon. They should see a tonne of improvement this season and with the massive pack the outside backs should be salivating at the fact they should see a much more open field. He will be on TMM/Cliffords side which is concerning (TMM strikes me as a bit of a ball hog, and Clifford needs some confidence) but I think Hess will be an elite 2RF this year but I think I want to spend the little extra for arrow
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:55 pm

SI wrote:
    I did say I thought Chompson was capable of it from memory*

*brb also jerking myself off

^I also said from the same trial weekend that Katoa was going to be Fantasy gold Embarassed

He is, you were just ahead of your time.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:57 pm

The CS9 talk sounds like Bellamy is blowing smoke for BS. The last thing any coach would want is God touching the ball less.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:58 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:Big thing on NrL.com saying CS9 will spend some time away from hooker out of his position this year. They are remaining tight lipped but it is believed that he could spend some time behind the ruck as a ball playing lock to take the pressure off Munster and give BS9 some more time at hooker. BSmith might be a cheap bench option option this year if he can nab 30-40 minutes. They told Brandon they want him to play a lot more hooker this year.

Ball playing lock would be great for Smith's game. Still gets minutes, tackles, but even more involved in attacking plays.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:04 pm

mattnz wrote:

Had Hess most of last season. He showed glimpses of being able to step up his work rate, but was offset by getting very few attacking runs. Was continually used as the dummy runner close to the line instead of getting the ball. Was really frustrating to watch.

I was in the same boat mate, insane for me as a cowboys fan to watch the attacking structures last year. It was as if they used him as a decoy because they thought opponents were anticipating he’s get the ball... the stupid thing about that is he made a name for himself by scoring tries he never should have by just giving him the ball! I will admit his 80 min role did take the sting out of his runs last year, hopefully having another year under his belt has increased his conditioning.
    Buramada
    Buramada

Post by Buramada Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:06 pm

On halfback.

It seems like most people are going to take both (D)rown and Keighren and it begs the question... Do you really need four halves and potentially five if you have a hlf/wfb at the back. Why not just put one of them as starting half (probably Keighren) and leave the other as a NPR and grab one of the extra big minute, but well-priced 2RF on offer
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:09 pm

mattnz wrote:

He is, you were just ahead of your time.

Where's that big calls thread again?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:12 pm

Buramada wrote:On halfback.

It seems like most people are going to take both (D)rown and Keighren and it begs the question... Do you really need four halves and potentially five if you have a hlf/wfb at the back. Why not just put one of them as starting half (probably Keighren) and leave the other as a NPR and grab one of the extra big minute, but well-priced 2RF on offer

Short answer is potentially there is a lot of good value in the mid priced halves as well. Morgan, Croft, Munster, Sezer, Clifford all have people talking them up as potential options. Plus many people will have Pearce/Cleary/DCE as a gun from the get go.

Nothing wrong with stacking the bench full of halves if that is where the value is. Lots of people had 3-4 hookers on the bench last year, if halves are the source of value this year then stock up on them.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:15 pm

Buramada wrote:On halfback.

Its a fair point I think.

I like having both Brown and Keighren as 14-21 options. Just so they can be shuffled around if I fancy another Int/Emg to score better.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:18 pm

Spots are up for grabs in at least half of my team. But no matter how I work it, there's three cheapies in my 17.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:21 pm

Mulvy wrote:Spots are up for grabs in at least half of my team. But no matter how I work it, there's three cheapies in my 17.

That seems ok. I'm flip flopping between 4 and 5 cheapies at the moment. Drifting towards guns and rookies topped up with midpriced madness.

Early doors, it seems that we have a few cheapies that might be reliable. Still plenty of time to firm this up and see what else happens.
    Buramada
    Buramada

Post by Buramada Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:22 pm

Mulvy wrote:Spots are up for grabs in at least half of my team. But no matter how I work it, there's three cheapies in my 17.

If I put Keighren in the halves, I have just one other cheapie (Egan) in my 17. It just feels like a better team. I also have Crichton & Tedesco as (C) options.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:23 pm

Everyone seems to be steering this whole cam smith news to a bad outcome for Croft, but i thought could this actually benefit both Croft and Munster? As the article states it should take the pressure off Munster. This could allow Munster to have a bit more freedom to roam where he wants, leaving Croft to do his own and be the half back and control the game. I dont see Smith spending more than 10-20 minutes out of his position so surely Croft wont be affected at all if barely anything. I believe it wont have any impact at all.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:39 pm

I doubt Cam Smiths game will change drastically. He often jumps into first receiver, might just do it a little more if Brandon Smith is on the field a little longer this year.
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:39 pm

Just put together a young up and coming team which I like very much:

Mahoney
    TPJ Twal
    Arrow Murray Papali'i
    Cleary Clifford
    Capewell Nikora
    Watson Edwards Drinkwater

Stimson Leilua BSmith Egan

Keighran DBrown Lomax Burr

Lots of class and potential.

GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:41 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:I know he is priced at 48 but with the pack the cows have and what all accounts are pointing towards of a more up tempto game style this year surely Hess can become an elite ball runner. Took a bit to get his fitness to 80 minutes a game, but now he is game fit and this IS someone who is a fantastic ball runner and knows how to find the try line I reckon he could bump that average up to 52-55 and 1.7% ownership. Not much chat for him.

With a seemingly stacked middle forward rotation, a lot to like about Hess.

If we can clear any risk of Tolo spending time on an edge, would happily dive in.

Still haven’t completely ruled out McGuire as a FRF with DPP, but Hess definitely preference if can stretch the budget
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:47 pm

TheWeapon wrote:

Crazy to think how long ago that was - I played the old sportal games, won a couple of times, though the prizemoney was $500 or so. Was on the old sportal forums too before it became VSDT. I still play everything on VSDT, including their weird free daily fantasy stuff (there was a few weeks there where you could play cash entry ones but that stopped for some reason). My daily fantasy bank is back over $300 now. I better withdraw it incase they stop doing it. Haha.

The scoring was so simple back then. I think it was just wins and tries, maybe goals also. Same for EPL - wins and goals.

Good times. Fantasy sports is great fun. But I may have a problem....NHL, NFL, EPL (x2), NRL (x3), AFL (x3), Big Bash, MotoGP, F1, V8s....feck. I'm sure there's more too. Haha

Legendary. Legend player!

Keep the family happy in between and life solved

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:15 am