NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

Archer
    Archer

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5 - Page 43 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

Post by Archer Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:00 pm

filthridden wrote:I'm seeing I-Paps featuring in a few teams.

How much do people expect him to average? IIRC he was getting 70min games on average so his minutes aren't going to increase. He's already priced at almost 40, do you really expect him to jump to a 50 point player?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it and he's very capable but I'm not sure I see his workload increasing that dramatically.
    Good shout Filth I've been wondering the same thing but kept quiet, didn't see too much of him as the Raiders provided enough disappointment week to week.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5 - Page 43 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

Post by Mulvy Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:02 pm

The Kahu news has put me off Clifford a bit, he needs GK to be worth it I think. But if he is named, it will be interesting where he defends. Morgo always been on the right with JT on left. But Clifford defended right side when playing with JT. So if they keep Morgo right side, I would feel much more confident with Clifford being protected from missed tackles next to Cooper than I would be with Hess.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:04 pm

filthridden wrote:I'm seeing I-Paps featuring in a few teams.

How much do people expect him to average? IIRC he was getting 70min games on average so his minutes aren't going to increase. He's already priced at almost 40, do you really expect him to jump to a 50 point player?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it and he's very capable but I'm not sure I see his workload increasing that dramatically.

I think people were expecting him to play Lock. Sounds like Burr will be getting that starting role.

Tbh after lookin into it, Warriors forwards are going to be traps purely because of minutes. They have too many forwards around the same quality so they'll all share minutes. Afoa, Blair, LAM, and Paasi will all share minutes but only Afoa doesn't play big minutes, then there's Tevaga, Papali'i, Pulu, and Harris sharing Lock and 2RF minutes :/

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:11 pm

Haven't really started making a team yet. Few players written down. Taking my approach I used for fpl and waiting until trials etc have played out.
    Has been lurking and some great info been posted as per usual.
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:14 pm

Priced at 37, seeing him average around 47 hopefully. Enough to get the start for me and could potentially spend some time at lock.
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:16 pm

Iron Mike wrote:Priced at 37, seeing him average around 47 hopefully. Enough to get the start for me and could potentially spend some time at lock.

But if David Fifita is starting second row I would prefer him.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:17 pm

New signing Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, rookie fullback Bailey Simonsson and Brad Abbey have been included in Canberra's squad to face Parramatta, with spots at fullback and on the wing up for grabs following Jack Wighton's move to five-eighth and Jordan Rapana's shoulder injury (due back round 12-15). Young prop Emre Guler will be another one to watch in that match, as he looks to play his way into a big-minute role come round one.

The Eels meanwhile have named a strong line-up with rookie half Dylan Brown, new centre Jaeman Salmon and mid-price hooker Reed Mahoney among those named.

Even though it’s only trials and all star game I’m sooo excited to get some footy back on the screen this friday
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:18 pm

Random wrote:

We have an Assistant Coach section now where you can post up your team.

Thanks mate, had another look and found it!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:22 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:Even though it’s only trials and all star game I’m sooo excited to get some footy back on the screen this friday

Bloody keen for the Allstars.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:26 pm

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:

I understand your frustration with the media and I agree it does seem like they take any chance they can get to dogpile the Greatest Game, but we really do need to hold our players to the highest standard on sexual and domestic violence. 1.25% might seem low when you think about the general population but it is absolutely not good enough for professional athletes, who command huge salaries and fame in part because they are inherent role models that people look up to and admire.

I honestly don't give a fuck if Todd Carney pisses in his own mouth and you can equate that with blue collar roughness as much as you like, it doesn't bother me. Sexual or domestic violence is another matter completely though, and I'm happy for the media to beat the shit out of the NRL all day long until that 1.25% becomes 0%

Well, that’s never going to happen because they’re human. Not only that, but the 3 cases before the courts atm are ‘innocent until proven guilty’, as it should be. They may all be not guilty. They may also not be. Enough of the ridiculous virtue signalling from the media and so called fans, just waiting to pounce. It isn’t just 480 players either. A lot of the muck comes from the lower grades too and that puts the percentages much lower than 1%. It’s life. Deal with it.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:31 pm

Would anybody have a 2nd Row of Arrow Matterson Murray if it meant going with Mahoney at hooker? I'd have to downgrade Matterson to get a decent hooker but tbh there's so much value in 2RF this year..

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:34 pm

Rapture_NRL wrote:It's league culture. Don't see this shit in Rugby Union, except Julian Savea and then play ups Aaron Smith.

Anyway, anybody thinking about running with low to mid 2RFs on the bench? CHN, Stimson and Mata'utia look good. Mata'utia looking buff and impressing during the preseason. CHN likely left Penrith for a starting position, and Stimson has already been talked about

Tripe. They cover it up better, plus no one gives a fuck about Union, so it gets bugger all news space.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:35 pm

Iron Mike wrote:Priced at 37, seeing him average around 47 hopefully. Enough to get the start for me and could potentially spend some time at lock.

In 2018 when I. Papalii played 60+ mins he averaged 46 points so your expectation is reasonable
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:39 pm

White Lightning wrote:

In 2018 when I. Papalii played 60+ mins he averaged 46 points so your expectation is reasonable

From memory has a good fantasy average from the lower grades, up there with some up and coming fantasy stars. Think he has the pedigree and with Mannering gone, hop he becomes a leader amongst Harris and LAM.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:41 pm

The Warriors if they can hit the ground running have a nice early draw. Their first 4 games v Bulldogs, Wests, Manly, Titans & they only travel to Aussie once in those 4 games. So players like Keighran & I. Papalii could do well but remember we are talking about the Warriors.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:43 pm

Mahoney has Pritchard to contend with and he’s going nowhere.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:49 pm

There's an article on nrl.com about the Broncos & Milford & K-Nik are sitting & smiling. I don't think I've ever seen Milford smile, normally he always looks serious & stressed out.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:15 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:New signing Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, rookie fullback Bailey Simonsson and Brad Abbey have been included in Canberra's squad to face Parramatta, with spots at fullback and on the wing up for grabs following Jack Wighton's move to five-eighth and Jordan Rapana's shoulder injury (due back round 12-15). Young prop Emre Guler will be another one to watch in that match, as he looks to play his way into a big-minute role come round one.

Not sure those 3 are playing for 2 spots, there's a chance I guess but they didn't mention Oldfield who would have to be ahead (at least for the wing) you'd imagine. Emre is interesting but I'm not sure there is a "big minute role" up for grabs. Sutton, Papa/Tapine, Soli at least are gonna be in the middle and that's barely getting started. I don't doubt he might be in for a shot at the 17, he's good, I just don't think there is that many minutes to go around.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:37 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Does Sue at 433k interest anyone this year?

Think he was mentioned a few weeks back

If Napa ends up suspended and Sue starts, then maybe worth looking at. Otherwise I would not expect anything much out of him
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:42 pm

Milchy wrote:

If Napa ends up suspended and Sue starts, then maybe worth looking at. Otherwise I would not expect anything much out of him

Oh good. Finally. A decision that's dependent on Team List Tuesday. Now I have something to look forward to.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:53 pm