NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5 - Page 23 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:41 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Milford has featured in a few drafts of mine. I think he is slightly under valued and also a proven keeper

I may add him later in the season as a loop option. With broncos generally playing early games each round, see his score then decide if I want to keep it or not.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5 - Page 23 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

Post by White Lightning Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:42 pm

Rabbit wrote:I reckon Stimson is a trap. Prove me wrong.

That’s all. Laughing

I agree & I also think Capewell & Sorenson are too. All 3 are plodders but they're cheap.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:44 pm

What makes Stimson a trap? If he averages 35 he will still make money, and he should do that.

I wont be surprised if his average is betweem 35 and 40. I don't expect higher than 42 or 43
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:45 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Milford has featured in a few drafts of mine. I think he is slightly under valued and also a proven keeper

What puts me off Milford is that after coming off shoulder surgery he hurt his shoulder last week in training. Makes him a wait & see for me.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:47 pm

That’s all. Laughing

I don't think he is a trap, but I am generally looking for players that go from 40 points to 50-55 for value, rather than 28 to 38-40 like he will. At that level he still needs to be replaced pretty early, likely before he has reached peak value.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:48 pm

my tv broke wrote:What makes Stimson a trap? If he averages 35 he will still make money, and he should do that.

I wont be surprised if his average is betweem 35 and 40. I don't expect higher than 42 or 43

My answer inferred that but I meant if you're expecting big points he won't provide them but he will score well enough to make good cash.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:51 pm

White Lightning wrote:

His son Reimus isn't too bad either. He was on fire last year for the Bulldogs scoring tries for fun.

Already priced for lots of tries .... at the bulldogs.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:52 pm

I guess the worry may be if NAS plays more time on an edge again, it may take away from Stimsons minutes. Tk be honest, I can't remember how the Storm were using NAS toward the end of the year. With Glasby gone though, youd think Stimson gets big mins on the edge as they'll need to make up the slack in the middle.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:56 pm

Haven't seen this posted yet and all allegations at this stage. If any mods have any issues with this post feel free to delete it. Courtesy of Wacko Jacko

The allegations:
    Police documents tendered to Wollongong Local court and sighted by the Mercury reveal De Belin, Sinclair and the alleged victim met at Mr Crown nightclub on the evening of December 8, where they talked and danced as part of a larger group.

However, it is alleged the woman accompanied De Belin and Sinclair when they decided to leave Mr Crown and head to Fever Nightclub.

The trio was captured on CCTV standing at a taxi rank on Kembla Street for a short time before speaking to a group of people in the lower part of the Crown Street Mall.

The trio then got into a Tuk Tuk-style taxi and headed north on Keira Street, with the two men telling the alleged victim they wanted to charge their phones before they headed out again.

They went to a unit on Gipps Street, owned by De Belin’s cousin, who was not home at the time.

Jack De Belin at WIN Stadium in December. Picture: Adam McLean
    Jack De Belin at WIN Stadium in December. Picture: Adam McLean

The woman told police she used the bathroom when they got inside, however as she was finishing, she claims De Belin walked in, naked.

She walked out and De Belin hopped in the shower for a short time.

It is alleged De Belin was again naked when he came out of the ensuite naked, but this time grabbed hold of the woman and forcibly removed her shirt.

She claims she put her hands over her breasts, at which time both De Belin and Sinclair allegedly said “show us your tits”.

Click here for more court news
    It is alleged De Belin then grabbed the woman by the legs, took her shorts and underwear off and and threw them on the floor.

“De Belin moved himself between her legs, lent down and put his right hand around her throat and [his] right forearm pinned the upper left side off her body,” the police fact sheet said.

He then began raping her, while Sinclair watched on, without speaking, it is alleged.

The woman said she she next saw Sinclair he was removing his clothes, at which time De Belin said to him “come have a go”.

It is alleged the pair then engaged in the joint rape of the woman, at one stage swapping positions between them, before Sinclair alleged said “I can’t get hard anymore” and went to have a shower.

Police allege De Belin continued to rape the woman in the bedroom, at times putting his hand around her throat, making it hard for her to breath.

Afterwards, the woman said she had a shower before ordering the trio an Uber to take them to Fever Nightclub.

She said she left soon after they arrived, and contacted a friend.

She then went to Wollongong Hospital where she underwent a rape test.

She was seen to have injuries to her legs, neck, lower abdomen and shoulder.

Court documents noted the size difference between De Belin and the woman - she is a size 6, and weighs 51kg, while De Belin is 188cm tall and weighs 106kg.

Police raided the Gipps Street unit later that day, seizing sheets, towels and clothing.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:06 pm

filthridden wrote:WIth so much value in the halves, is anyone starting with a proven gun half in the likes of Reynolds or DCE?

At this point I’ve got Pearce and Croft.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:07 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Haven't seen this posted yet and all allegations at this stage. If any mods have any issues with this post feel free to delete it.

Truly horrible stuff. I hope she's ok.

It's weird this Fantasy game. I'm genuinely happy I've never had JdB in my team, even though that makes not the slightest bit of difference to anyone, particularly the victim.

The human brain is rubbish. Mine's trying to convince me that I always suspected there was something wrong, even though it was just that I didn't like his haircut....
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:08 pm

SI wrote:
    I’ve got a feeling ST joined in 2008, so you might have been there for the inaugural Threads!!!

I lurked from late 2010 as I was too scared to join for over a year. It was sooooooo intimidating seeing everyone’s ranks and data and footy knowledge. I didn’t want to post for fear of humiliating myself. Not much has changed Very Happy

I joined in 2009 or 2010.
    I heard somewhere about a big fight going on between the guys on Sportal and some guy named Adrian Buttery I think his name was.
    So, I came to see what was going on and ended up staying a while !!
    ArsonDragon and Sebastian Tombs were very welcoming.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:11 pm

my tv broke wrote:I guess the worry may be if NAS plays more time on an edge again, it may take away from Stimsons minutes. Tk be honest, I can't remember how the Storm were using NAS toward the end of the year. With Glasby gone though, youd think Stimson gets big mins on the edge as they'll need to make up the slack in the middle.

Simpson will be locked for 80 mins on the edge imo. I can't see NAS playing on the edge because you need good lateral speed out wide which a massive forward like NAS doesn't have.
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:13 pm

That’s all. Laughing

This is almost laughable. It's like saying Felise Kaufusi was a trap 2017 I think it was.

Stimson will be good for 40+ point average. He is a must.

80 minute Capewell on Wade Grahams edge is also a must, at centre. Good for 40 points too.

Sorensen will be the trap, because Nikora should get Lewis's spot.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:14 pm

quicksand wrote:
    SI wrote:
    I’ve got a feeling ST joined in 2008, so you might have been there for the inaugural Threads!!!

I lurked from late 2010 as I was too scared to join for over a year. It was sooooooo intimidating seeing everyone’s ranks and data and footy knowledge. I didn’t want to post for fear of humiliating myself. Not much has changed Very Happy

I joined in 2009 or 2010.
    I heard somewhere about a big fight going on between the guys on Sportal and some guy named Adrian Buttery I think his name was.
    So, I came to see what was going on and ended up staying a while !!
    ArsonDragon and Sebastian Tombs were very welcoming.
    You posted as BlueOz before quicksand, is that right or am I just making shit up again?
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:18 pm

SI wrote:
    You posted as BlueOz before quicksand, is that right or am I just making shit up again?

you are correct.
    ST still calls me BlueOz whenever he posts, which i'm sure confuses the hell out of newbies !!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:21 pm

Iron Mike wrote:
    Sorensen will be the trap, because Nikora should get Lewis's spot.

If Sorenson (or Capewell) never gets named in the first place, I don't think that qualifies as trap. Noone actively managing their team will still have them if that is the case.

If one of the Sharks wide players, gets named round 1, but disappears by round 2 or 3, that is the potential trap.

If people can find 4-6 better 2RF options than Stimson, then good luck to them

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:21 pm

rectangle wrote:

Those early days used to be fun. Points for tries, goals, field goals and forward tries (40 tackles / hitups). How much the scoring has changed over the years, would be a bit of nostalgia to set a team up with the limited scoring chances.

The biggest difference between now and then is that every Gumby, who doesn’t have a clue about the game, or never played it, and has no idea about anything, can now rely on 10 social media sites for all their info and stats. Then, all of a sudden, they’re experts on rugby league. I laugh.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:25 pm

Just changed the structure of my side a bit, less mid-range players, going for all sub-guns (10-15 points undervalued), within 10-20 points of becoming a keeper in their position throughout my 13 starters.

Has meant downgrading the bench slightly, now have 7 players <$250k + Egan. Would likely need guys like Burr and Nikora to get a start to make it work.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:25 pm

White Lightning wrote:

I agree & I also think Capewell & Sorenson are too. All 3 are plodders but they're cheap.

But Stimson isn’t 212k. He’s not a cash cow. Blokes will actually be playing him. That will hurt their scores. Look at his attacking stats. Yuk. Defensively? Not all that great. Ditto, Radley.

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 1:20 am