NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5 - Page 14 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:13 pm

RNGD Analytics wrote:I tried to get a POD team and wisdom of crowds team going on the website in the past but it didn't quite follow the vision I had but I'd love to see someone go about it. One of the things about PODs is it can be difficult to judge true PODs, by this I mean there's 100k teams but most of us really only care about the top 1k, because ownership levels are based on all the teams it doesn't really do a good job of telling us the PODs that could impact us.

A couples years ago on the old app there was a heap of extra data you could pull off the site with graphs like change of ownership each week etc
    Then they went backwards and removed it all haha

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5 - Page 14 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:47 pm

Apologies, a bit of a side question. Do we know if ranked leagues are coming back?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:50 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:Apologies, a bit of a side question. Do we know if ranked leagues are coming back?

Our forum ranked leagues?

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t774-2019-nrl-fantasy-leagues-registration-thread
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:51 pm

RNGD Analytics wrote:I tried to get a POD team and wisdom of crowds team going on the website in the past but it didn't quite follow the vision I had but I'd love to see someone go about it. One of the things about PODs is it can be difficult to judge true PODs, by this I mean there's 100k teams but most of us really only care about the top 1k, because ownership levels are based on all the teams it doesn't really do a good job of telling us the PODs that could impact us.

We have been discussing doing a voted for team. I think doing one that was 50% PODs and another that required > 10% ownership to be selected would be really interesting. Have the same group voting players in and out of each and see which does best.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:56 pm

Article on raiders has weight on saying chk, oldfield and bailey simmonson are training well at fullback. I hope that doesn’t mean abbey is going on rapannas Wing.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:01 pm

I mean within nrl fantasy. So, how our leagues are tracking against the other leagues etc

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:08 pm

Fortitude wrote:Article on raiders has weight on saying chk,  oldfield and bailey simmonson are training well at fullback. I hope that doesn’t mean abbey is going on rapannas Wing.

Pretty sure Oldfield will get the wing spot, fullback will be between CNK and Abbey.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:09 pm

Fortitude wrote:Article on raiders has weight on saying chk,  oldfield and bailey simmonson are training well at fullback. I hope that doesn’t mean abbey is going on rapannas Wing.

Its possible that CNK/Oldfield whoever doesn't get fullback will get wing, and Abbey misses out altogether
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:16 pm

Milchy wrote:

Its possible that CNK/Oldfield whoever doesn't get fullback will get wing, and Abbey misses out altogether

That’s my bet
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:25 pm

Wasn't there someone a few years ago who was getting the data on ownership % in the top 100? Arsen maybe?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:49 pm

Krump wrote:Wasn't there someone a few years ago who was getting the data on ownership % in the top 100? Arsen maybe?

I was able to do that, i think that was in 2017. Im not sure if i did it last year, or it wasnt able to be done, or what.
    RNGD Analytics
    RNGD Analytics

Post by RNGD Analytics Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:58 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Oh no, I was busted stealing your work! Embarassed

Haha. I've always found that whether a player is a pod is too far up the list of considerations which is why I always push back on it. All things being equal it matters but normally all things aren't equal.

Really liked reading some of Matt's stuff particularly his decision making model. I wanted to try to build a model a few years ago when I had access to a decision making tool for work called 1000minds. In the end I was too lazy so I just kept it based on my forecast return and my assessed level of risk. One thing decision making models can do is remove the bias or prejudice we have in built. Someone mentioned Croft, there's some decent reasons to be interested in him, basically he has four bad fantasy games in his career, but those four games came when we all owned him so now people won't touch him. Those decision making models can help avoid some of those inefficiencies.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:59 pm

mattnz wrote:

Just one issue, when he was without slater he was playing fullback, not 5/8. That is why his scores increased.

Munster played fullback in 2/7 of those games, Hughes was at fullback for the other 5.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:08 pm

RNGD Analytics wrote:

Haha. I've always found that whether a player is a pod is too far up the list of considerations which is why I always push back on it. All things being equal it matters but normally all things aren't equal.

Really liked reading some of Matt's stuff particularly his decision making model. I wanted to try to build a model a few years ago when I had access to a decision making tool for work called 1000minds. In the end I was too lazy so I just kept it based on my forecast return and my assessed level of risk. One thing decision making models can do is remove the bias or prejudice we have in built. Someone mentioned Croft, there's some decent reasons to be interested in him, basically he has four bad fantasy games in his career, but those four games came when we all owned him so now people won't touch him. Those decision making models can help avoid some of those inefficiencies.

Haha, small world! I work with one of the co-creators of 1000minds! I’ve ever used it though. He’s always offered it to me for free, how much time would be involved customizing it for fantasy?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:12 pm

RNGD Analytics wrote:

This is a very good point. I have a never again list - mostly due to injuries (plus Moylan GAHHHH!!!). Although, I think I'm mostly able to cut through bias otherwise - example, I have Carty sat on my bench looking at me.

Edit, re: Carty maybe this just stupidity and not about me being able to rise above bias Very Happy

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:24 pm

1000minds NRL test site:
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:26 pm

lol

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:27 pm

It seems to be accurate
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:29 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:
    1000minds NRL test site:

This is how the Warriors choose which junior players it keeps
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:32 pm

I'd definitely engage if someone put it up as a sub-topic of this (like how the Assistant topic is set up)

When this thread is dead I check the Assistant page cause I needs me some crack bounce

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:42 pm